LONDON CALLING - Page 54
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 54 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 54 of 100 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 77 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 54 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:31 pm

Ruby thought about it for a moment and nodded " okay, so after lunch?" she asked moving towards the counter and sitting watching Michael make dinner.She watched him grill the salmon with a fresh fruit chutney, then make the pilaf with quinoa and fresh vegetables, and spinach salad made with some baby spinach and a warm bacon dressing. she chuckled " smells devine" she said as she took a peice of bacon and chuckled  walkign out down to teh equipment room to find the ropes and crimpons she'd need. Placing tehm on the table she looked threw the bags and found in one a small box. Opening it she found a rainbow stone polished and looking ready to be set in a ring, placing it in her pocket she continued to check it over. Up in the living room Kaden ported in and sat down in one of the chairs.

"shesh glad thats over" he said looking at Michael " the epademic is starting to ease thanks to Roberts potion. He saw what he was making and smiled " that for dinner?" he asked walking over and leaning on the counter watching him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4182

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:47 pm

"Yeah," Michael said. "Oh, so you know, Ruby, Nigel wants to try Angus with six small meals rather than three standard meals. He thinks the nutrition will absorb better and he thinks that, right now, with his strength so limited, he'll have less trouble eating with the smaller meals. He would like to avoid Angus not eating well because he gets too tired. He sent a note to Lily, and Lily adapted the meal plan, so now we have both--whatever he does better with. And I sent over two or three days worth of snacks. When we eat, I'll send him what we eat, just in a smaller portion. It's worth a try, I think. I'm almost ready to set things out in the dining room. Do you have time to get the dining room set up? I'll put the tray together for Angus and Andrew while you do that, if you can."

He made a tray with a regular portion for Andrew and a smaller one for Angus. He had also tried his hand at a much healthier cookie recipe. He had made, instead of peanut butter cookies, almond butter cookies, and he had added some chocolate chunks and some chopped almonds for additional texture. Then he had added just a dollop of chocolate ganache on the top to decorate them. He thought they turned out pretty well. He wasn't telling everyone that he was feeding them the same high nutrition dishes that he was serving Angus because, frankly, he didn't want to run the kitchen like a short order cook in a diner. He was going to just see how people felt if they ate a ridiculously healthy diet for a few days.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:54 pm

Ruby closed her book once she marked the page she was on and smiled " sure I can help" she said and moved to teh kitchen , taking the things for the table she laid it out on the table , knives , forks and spoons along with plates and glasses for those who wanted a drink. Moving to the walk in she brought out a large jug of fresh fruit juice and placed it down too. " okay waht else needs to come out, and Michael Im good with the meal thing, I saw how he fell as sleep after only eating a little yesterday." she told him " so I think little and often would be better." she walked back over and patted Kaden on his shoulder " hey I found this in one of the bags it has your name on it" she said taking out the small box and handing it to him.

Kaden took the box and opened it seeing the stone he smiled " so this wa what he was talking about, thank you for finding it" he said " Jessie was going to give me it when he got back but..things being as they were he didn't have time." Kaden slipped it into his pocket " I'll hold on to it until hes able to finish what ever it was for." Ruby smiled and nodded as she moved to pick up the salmon with a fresh fruit chutney to place it on the table.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:13 am

"Yeah, that was a concern for Nigel and Robert both, so Nigel thought this was worth a try," Michael said. "In order for things to regenerate, the body needs to be given all sorts of extra nutrition so it has building blocks to work with, basically."

Michael had fixed a tray for Andrew and Angus and had floated it over to the duplex. With that job done, he took the quinoa and fresh vegetable pilaf to the table, and then made a separate trip for the spinach salad with the warm bacon dressing, and then one final trip for the chocolate and almond butter cookies.

Andrew took lunch out on the back terrace for himself and Angus, and he saw Angus had slept part of the morning. He set out lunch on the outdoor dining table and then moved one of the chairs away so Angus could simply sit in his chair to eat. Then he woke Angus for lunch and moved the chair to the table before he sat down at the table with Angus. Then they ate lunch together.

Edward and Simone went over to the kitchen when Michael called everyone, and they were talking about how good it was to see Angus outside, even if he was sleeping.

"I didn't see him out," Michael said.

"Andrew took him out on the back terrace behind the house. It overlooks the garden and the woods, and the view really is very nice," Edward said. "I don't know how much he really saw of it because he looked like he slept most of the morning."

"That's alright," Nigel said. "He's going to do that for awhile. Remember he's only a couple of days out of critical condition. He needs a little time, but the fact that Andrew got him out in the sunshine and fresh air is a good thing. That's good for him physically, as well as for his morale. Michael, this is excellent. I really like the fresh chutney."

"Thank you," Michael said. "I like good fish, and this was some exceptional salmon this time. It was just begging to be used. I think Ruby and I are going out to the woods for a little this afternoon, but I should be back in plenty of time to cook supper."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:21 am

Ruby looked up and smiled " yeah climbing trainning" she said as she pored some juice into a glass as Jack walked in " oh he smelt the food" she said and Jess chuckled.

"he always does" Jess said as he sat next to her " but I still love him for it " she said kissing him as he chuckled along.

"I like food , nothing wrong in that , right." he said taking some salmon and extras too.

"nope as long as its the right kind of food and not junk food, right Michael." Ruby said she glanced over and out the window to see  Angus sat out on the deck " seems Andrew got Angus out in the sunshine " she said and smiled " good, he should enjoy the day" she said as she too tucked into the meal. Once finished the samon and side dishes she picked up a cookie and ate it, " yum this is good" she said smiling at him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:41 am

"Well, we generally do eat pretty healthy here," Michael said. "We don't do a lot of fried foods or junk foods, really. And most everything is as fresh as we can get it."

"Well, it certainly gives you more nutrition if its fresh," Nigel said, "And the fact that you don't fry much of anything in grease, and that you don't load things down with salt, all of that helps. It sounds like Angus has sort of tried to set up this kitchen to do mostly healthy cooking."

"He has always tried to encourage us to limit junk foods and he's always trying some new healthy thing or another," Kate said. "So now, we get to show him what we've learned and we get to fix some healthy things for him." She tried one of the cookies too. "These are really nice. Tell me these are just decadent."

"I could, but they're not. They're made with almonds, almond butter and some other healthy things."

"Well, even chocolate can be healthy in moderation, though," Nigel said. "Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants, and its jam packed with essential minerals that we all need."

They were just finishing when Andrew floated the tray back over. Michael intercepted it, and he checked what was eaten and what wasn't.

"Well, that might be the ticket," Michael said. "He did much better today. Ate probably three fourths of it."

"Much better," Nigel said. "I'm satisfied with that."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:50 am

Ruby finished her dinner and picked up her glass and plate taking both to the washer and placing them in it to wash. " al right Im ready to start tree climbing" she said I've seen a few big ones out back of the duplex if you want to use those." she looked at Michael "oh and I got the gear out and ready, you can check it if you want to." she added as Kaden and Jack walked over with their plates.

"delishious Michael thank you" they said and Jack went back to his patrol where as Kaden went up to Jessies old room to lay down. 

"you think he's missing Jessie?" she asked " I know hes missing Kaden, but it is as it is, right" she said then moved to the equipment room double checking the rope and crimpons to make sure they had not been tampered with.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:08 am

"If we're tree climbing, we won't use those crampons," Michael said. "They're too harsh on the trees because they have so many spikes on them. We'll use tree climbing spikes. Some climbers call them spurs, but I've got some down in the equipment room. I'll go get them. I have to get Hiss anyway." He went up to his room and got Hiss and then went downstairs and got the tree climbing spikes instead. He brought up two sets of spikes and a gear bag with tree climbing gear in it. He loaded up her things and his.

"I'm sure Kaden does miss Jessie," Michael answered Ruby. "But he's also wise enough to know that Jessie's health comes first." he made a silent mental note to ask Robert if he had sent a message to Jeffrey about Reginald so that they could protect Jessie.

Edward and Simone decided that, since there were men on the grounds and in the house to protect Angus, they were going to go back to Simone's house and get more of her things and then take steps to either sublet it or close it down temporarily. They told Kate, so that someone knew where they were.

Michael picked out some very sturdy oak tree, and he chose them deliberately because they weren't a straight up and down shaft. The limbs were strong and went in just about every direction, and it would be an easier climb for a first effort.

"These are better for our work today," he told her. "Let's try that one first." It was a tree he would have freehanded without all the equipment but this was a lesson, and he had to model the right behavior. He showed her how to put on the tree climbing gear since it was a little different. Then he started up the tree first, showing her proper techniques, with some little adjustments in how to use her arms and legs that would make it easier for her to climb without having the same emphasis on upper body strength that most men used. He knew her physiology would make her approach it differently, so he kept that in mind and told her to follow him up but at her pacing.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:22 am

Ruby followed Michael and watched him get the gear for their climb then followed him outside to several large oak trees that were large enough to climb. " okay" she said softly putting on the harness the same as Michael. She watched him use the rope and climb up. Taking hold she clipped herself on then slowly started to climb using the spiked foot wear to get a purches on the tree " like this?" she asked as she moved up to the first branch then waited.

Jess cleaned up the dinning room , she wiped down the table and palced a clean table cloth on it before placing the old on in the washer . She watched as she could see in the distance Ruby and Micahel climbing the trees she hoped she would not fall, but seem to be doing well at the moment.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:46 am

"Yep. That's it. Use your dominant foot first always. Push with your legs and your feet til you can grab the branch you want and then pull yourself up so that you can sit on the branch. When you get to that branch, take a look at where you are and decide the next one you want to work your way up to. Since I'm taller than you, I may, at times, pick a branch that is a bit too far away for you. Don't feel badly about picking a closer branch if its easier to get to for you. Don't try to reach out too far, and don't choose a branch that doesn't feel like it will hold you. There's a branch to your left that has a large crack in it. I saw it as I went up. Don't pick that one. Try to make your next move either straight up or to your right. I'm going to send Hiss down to tie onto you as a safety line, just as a precaution."

He had Hiss tied around himself where he was, and he sent the other end to tie onto Ruby just to make sure that even if she did slip, he had her anchored.

Angus woke from a bit of a short snooze and saw Michael teaching Ruby how to climb a tree. He approved of Michael's way of thinking. Trees first, climbing walls second, rocks next. Oak trees weren't as straight up, and it would give her some confidence and help her build her judgment skills for when things go harder.

Looking in the other direction, he saw a shadow moving in the woods on the other side of the duplex, away from where Ruby and Michael were working. It sent alarm buttons off in Angus's head. He automatically reached for his wand, and it wasn't there. But then he remembered he couldn't use it anyway. He saw Lee's outside guards, one posted near Edward's garden, and the other had just gone around the house on a walking patrol. He knew there were four guards inside, two in Edward's house and two in his own.

He had remembered to tuck the loaded pistol in his belt, and the knife was in his pants pocket. He wasn't able to see clearly what had moved through the trees, whether it was an animal or a person, but it made his heart beat faster. And he was concerned now for Andrew, who was unaware. For now, he wasn't going to sound any alarm. He was just going to watch, hoping he was just on alert about some random wildlife. He was partly kicking himself for becoming nervous over a shadow, but it made him realize how very helpless he felt without his feet and without his magic. He knew the vulnerable figure he certainly looked like, sitting out here on his terrace in a wheelchair. If Tyler came now, he was sure that Tyler's one thought would be how much of a sitting duck Angus now was.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 100 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 77 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top