LONDON CALLING - Page 9
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 9 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 9 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 9 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:15 pm

"I said the first eight," he said, taking her hand and kissing it. "If we have kids, we're gonna have more than some little measly football team. If we have kids, we're gonna do it right. I want that stupid sorting hat to be bored to death of seeing Donohue kids. I think I must be the lucky one. Either way, I'm happy."

"So propose to her already, Nitwit," Edward mumbled sleepily.

"Would you let me manage my own love life?" Angus laughed.

"When you do it right, yes," Edward said. "By the way, which one of you believes its appropriate to starve a dying old man?

"You aren't dying. You've got another 50 years at least," Angus said.

"You need your brain checked. Your elevator isn't going all the way up, Son."

"Watch this," Kate said softly to Jess and Jack. She flicked her fingers at Marcus's pocket. Then she called softly to Abbey, motioning to her. Abbey dashed over to Kate. "Tell him to check his pocket--the one with the hole." Abbey ran back over to Marcus.

"Look in your pocket," Abbey pointed to his pocket. Marcus reached into his pocket and pulled out a handful of stringy, slimy wad of Drooble's gum. Abbey laughed uncontrollably.

"Did you do that?" Marcus looked at Jack, thinking perhaps Jack was pranking him. Abbey laughed all the harder, knowing Jack was innocent this time.

"God, she's sharp as a whip, isn't she?" Nigel laughed. "She misses absolutely nothing."

"Not even the things you want her to miss," Robert said.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:26 pm

Ruby chuckled and nodded " yeah same" she said on hearing Edward talking she moved to his side and took his hand in her own. "Oh gods, Its good to see you awake." she said smiling as gave him a gentel hug. Then chuckled at their banter "Angus is right no going anywhere until our last child is born you hear, anyway Nigel removed the curse and healed you, then asked us to stay with you, Now your awake your going to be fine." she said as she propped him up slightly on the bed. Looking at Angus she smiled " I'll fetch a plate for him." she said standing she kissed Angus and with a speing in her step headed for the door holding the handel she turned back to both of them " no going anywhere," she said and chuckled as she headed down to the kitchen.

Jack sat and laughed at the sticky mess that was pulled from Marcus pocket. "what , who me?" he said pointing to himself "Oh no, never" he said with a laugh as did Jess.

"No thats true have you seen the state of his pockets, nothing but air fill those, oh and maybe some fudge" Jess said making Jack fall back on his back in fake submishion.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:41 pm

"You made her very happy," Angus told Edward when Ruby went downstairs to get him some dinner. "I did tell her you were awake earlier, or I think I did. Anyway, clearly, she likes you."

"No accounting for taste, then, clearly," Edward said. "I mean, I can understand why she'd pick me. I'm the handsome Donohue. But, now, as for you..." Angus laughed.

"I'm the one whose going to give her two dozen kids."

"I thought it was eight."

"No, we passed that awhile back," Angus said.

"Well, good luck with that, then. She says that now, but wait til she goes through labor for the first time. She'll learn all kinds of colorful language that she doesn't know now, and you won't get anywhere near your eight, let alone 24."

Downstairs, Marcus took off his suit jacket, revealing not only his wand in a holster but also a very real muggle pistol in a shoulder holster.

"Is that a muggle gun?" Nigel asked.

"It is," Marcus replied.

"And you know how to use it?"

"He's a damned good shot" Robert replied "All my team knows how to fire a muggle gun."

"Why?" Nigel asked.

"In case we're in a muggle neighborhood or someone loses their wand."

"Does it even do any damage?"

"Absolutely lethal," Marcus replied.

"Do you have any more of those?"

"Yes, why?" Marcus asked.

"I'd like to try one."

"We could manage that. Jack, can you set up an extra session tomorrow for the team? A brush up on target practice?" Robert asked. "Maybe Mira and Ruby would like to join in."

"Yes!" Mira said, excited.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:48 pm

Ruby entered the kitchen to hear them talking about muggle wheapons and training on them she smiled " oh I'm in for that" she said "and Edwards awake, he's asking for some food." she said happily as she prepared a plate from the bountiful amount they had but making sure it was things he was aloud.

"I'll send a message later tonight. it will be ready, will the far paddock be okay?" Jack asked placing another mini pizza in his mouth. " its far from the barn so won't scare any of the animals. Jess tapped his arm as he spoke with his mouth full. Finishing he spoke again " sorry, my bad"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:58 pm

"Good," Nigel said to Ruby. "Whatever he wants is fine. Don't be worried if he doesn't eat very much tonight. I have a sense his eyes might be bigger than his stomach tonight. Don't let him overdo."

"The far paddock is an excellent choice," Robert said. now trying to find a comfortable position for his hands to stop the throbbing and burning that was starting up again. "But don't let old 'I-don't-get-out-of-the-wizarding-world' here shoot himself, will you? I can't do surgery on him if he does. If he shoots himself right now, he's screwed."

"Looking forward to it, Jack," Nigel said. "Now, if you'll excuse me for a moment. I'm going to take Mr. 'I-Can-Handle-Anything' back to bed. He's tiring and hurting. He's done better than I expected, but he's had enough."

"Do you need me to help?" Kate asked, getting ready to get up.

"No, sit still. I've got it," Nigel said. taking Robert back to his room. Starting to get tired and sleepy, Abbey climbed up on Jess's lap and cuddled with her, starting to yawn.

"Looks like it's getting to be someone else's' bedtime too," Kate smiled, glad Abbey was comfortable with any of them enough to cuddle with them.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:07 am

Ruby hummed to the music as she gathered the food and nodded to Nigel " of course, slow and steady" she said heading back up to the room. She pushed it open and smiled at seeing the two of them talking " Nigel said to take it slow but you can eat waht you want." she said setting the plate on a tray on the bed in front of them. " oh and were training on muggle weapons tomorrow, I think they just want to see whose the best shot truthfuly." she told them " are you going to have a go?" she asked Angus hoping he would.

Jess felt Abby climb up onto her lap and she pulled her into a hug. "Its okay Kate, I'll put her down to sleep, you rest." she said softly so not to wake the now sleeping toddler" its been a happy, but exasting day for her." slowly standing she cradled Abby and waslked towards Abbys room.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:30 am

"I am definitely going," Angus said. "Now that is one training I definitely enjoy."

"You taking that buggered up pistol of yours?" Edward asked, starting to tuck into his plate

"The one Evan got me? Probably. Why?"

"It's complete junk. It pulls to the left, and it recoils like a damned cannon. You get a regular paycheck. Why haven't you gotten something that isn't a piece of shite?"

"Note to self, don't let Ruby use my pistol," Angus said, looking at Ruby, amused.

"I'm serious. Get rid of it before someone gets hurt," Edward said. "I'm sure Robert has another pistol somewhere you can use."

"About 500 of them," Angus said dryly, even though he actually had no idea if it was 200 or 600.

"Do not let him take that thing tomorrow, Ruby," Edward said. "I'm sure, if Robert can't loan him something better, you could manage to find some activity to distract him with." He looked at her pointedly.

"You're my grandfather!" Angus was shocked that Edward would be so direct.

"I'm old, but I'm not senile. You came from some extra activity yourself, you and your siblings, and your father and his siblings. Shall I explain to you how it happens?

"No!" Angus frowned.

"You let me bait you sometimes entirely too easily," Edward said. "Seriously, though, Ruby, if you want to learn quickly how to shoot, pay attention to the blonde fellow that tags around after Khaat. Marksmanship is required for his past jobs in espionage. He's the one who will most likely have those skills. Don't listen to Angus as long as he is determined to carry that piece of crap gun of his. You might as well learn to shoot, though, since you're going to be a Donohue. Adventure follows us like a bad penny."

Kate watched Jess pick up Abbey.

"Thank you, Jess," Kate said. She watched Jess leave with Abbey.

"It does my heart good to see how free she feels to be with you and Jess," she told Jack. "I don't think she thinks at all about your werewolf side anymore. Doesn't even enter her head. I think, because of you, she's going to learn to judge people for who they are inside, for the goodness in their spirits, and not for what they look like on the outside. And that's one of the most important lessons she can ever learn."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:42 am

Ruby chuckled at the banter between the two of them and looked at Angus when he spoke of not letting her use his gun. she chuckled then gasped at his words with a smile " oh im sure" she grinning at the two of them then back to Edward " oh you mean Marcus, okay" she listened to him talk more and nodded " allright, but I did grow up on a ranch?" she said " I might be a bit rusty but I could shoot back in the day." she chuckled "the lead ranch hand taught me."she looked to Angus and smiled " I love a bit of adventure."

Jack watched Jess walk with Abby in her arms and smiled as Kate spoke " yeah, I like that too, its good for her to grow up diverse, it will make her a wonderfuly strong woman, like my Jess but you all are accepting of those diferent, Jessie and Kaden, me and Jess were all diferent but connected, becuse of you, and were stronger for that." he said leaning and taking her hand in his. " thats why we did all this, for you as our way to say thanks, for all those years and well for puting your faith in us, it made us better people."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:58 am

"You'll be fine," he said, laying his fork aside. He hadn't eaten quite half, but he was tiring quickly. "Why haven't I seen Robert? Something's happened to him, I can feel his energies are significantly off."

"He was injured the night we rescued you," Angus said, choosing to be honest. "A dark arts protection spell. Burned his hands badly..."

"Oh, not his hands!" Edward said, upset that, of all things, his hands had been burned. "That's the reason Nigel Sigworth was summoned."

"Not entirely," Angus said. "You were barely alive. We weren't ready to lose either of you."

"Now you listen to me," Edward said seriously. "I've lived a good, full life. I have no regrets. And if its time for me to go, you aren't going to be able to prevent it..."

"I'm not listening to this twaddle," Angus was angry.

"Angus, listen," Edward said gently, "my boy, I don't love anyone in this world near as much as I love you, and that's a fact. And you know that. You're the only thing in this world I care about since Caprice died. But you're not to put yourself or anyone else in danger because of me ever again, do you understand me?"

"I can't listen to this," Angus said, furious. "I still need you, damnit. I am not going to let you go. I will always, always come for you, and you're not ever going to convince me otherwise." He stormed out, slamming the door. Edward leaned back against the pillows, sighing deeply.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:10 am

Ruby listened as they spoke she placed her hand on Angus's as he got angry with Edward as he stood up she wanted to say something but chose to stay out of it. When He walked out she sighed and looked to Edward " He was worried sick about you as was I." she said " I think he just needs time to acept things the way they are, I get the feeling he idalized you and this just made him realize your as human as us all, that and your all he has that he feels is family."

Standing she placed Edwards tray on Michaels bed for a moment. Moving she gently lay him down. " please rest." she said and placed a gentle kiss on his cheek. " it is good to have you back, and when Angus and I do, I want you to walk me to him, okay." she said with a smile " sa I don't want that git of my father to do it." she pulled a face and picked up the tray. " in the mean time I'll try and distract him with happy extra activitys" she chuckled walking out the door just as Kaden walked to it.

Wlking to the kitchen she placed down the tray and looked to Nigel " hes sleeping , as you suspected he didn't eat everything but a good portion." she told him " oh have you seen Angus?" she asked.

Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top