LONDON CALLING - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 8 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 8 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:59 am

Kate asked Nigel if they might not surprise everyone by letting robert come to the party, even for a moment. Nigel went in and asked Robert if he wanted to go, and of course Robert was not about to be left behind.

Nigel helped Robert refresh himself and get cleaned up a bit. He had no intention of having Robert going through a big ordeal to dress so, he allowed him a pair of pajama pants and his robe.When Robert was dressed, Kate and Nigel helped him to go slowly and carefully from his bed to an office chair with wheels, and they used that to push him to the dining room.

"Look who's going to join us for a just a few minutes," Kate called to them.

"Robert," Angus said, "It's good to see you up and about."

"It feels good to be up too," Robert said. "Kate's enjoying every minute she gets to shove me around in this thing, too." He couldn't help teasing just a little.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:08 am

Jess smiled seeing Robert up and a round "Robert, its good to see you up." she said " Kate you might want to take a look in the dining room." she said a twinkle in her eye. Jessie nodded and chuckled as Kaden walked down and took some soda back up to sit with Edward.

Ruby woke with a start and fell from the bed with a thump " just great" she said and stood up. Showering and dressing in jeans, a red tank and a white shirt of Angus's she felt hungry and headed down to the kitchen. Seeing Rober she smiled "Hey good to see you awake." she said seeing the food in the kitchen waiting to go into the dining room she picked some up and headed in passing Angus as she did. " Morning or is it evening? " she said simply "any way im going to go sit with Edward " she placed the food down then started towards the stairs.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4176

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:20 am

"Good to see you too, Ruby," Robert said. As they were all greeting each other, Marcus and Brian and Khaat came into the dining room, and when Khaat saw Robert up, she went over and she wrapped herself around him in a warm hug, grateful beyond words that her father had survived again.

"Where were you last night? Were you alright?" Robert asked her.

"My apologies, Robert,' Marcus said. "I took her and Abbey to my parents' house to get them out of the house when it started to burn and away from any chance of being taken by James. We spent the night there. I wanted one of the least likely places James or Gelding would think of to look for her."

"Your parents," Robert said. "I never gave that a thought either. Well done, Marcus. Thank you."

"And I think Abbey might have eaten her body weight in fudge," Khaat said. Robert laughed.

"It's alright this once," Robert said. "I like your dad, Marcus. He's a man of honor and commitment. and there are too few of them in our world." Kate looked in the dining room and saw all the food and all the decorations.

"Oh, how wonderful," Kate said "You've all outdone yourselves. It looks great. And I think I'm hungry."

"Me too, Gam!" Abbey shouted, running to Kate. Kate scooped her up.

"Shall we eat, Everyone?" Kate asked. "There's a feast in here!"

Angus saw Ruby, and he smiled at her. When she asked it if was morning or evening he laughed.

"Its hard to tell," he said when she said she was going to sit with Edward. "Tell him he can't have you. You're taken."

Last edited by Robert Lupin on Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:30 am

Ruby turned and looked at Angus and smiled to him and chuckled " all right." she said and walked over to him pushing up on her tip toes she kissed him deeply, " I wouldn't want anyone else" she said then with a smile headed up the stairs. knocking on Michaels door she opened it and saw Kaden sat next to the bed. "Okay Kaden party down stairs and Im on watch" she said and sat down next Edward. kaden smiled and stood up stretching his stiff body.

"Thank you Ruby," he said and walked to the door " its been quiet." he then left to wash up. She took Edwards hand in hers and held it as she quietly pulled up some of the blanket that covered him. Placing his hand down she took out a book she was reading and sat back.

It was now Jack turned on some music and stood up to put up the buntting Abby and he ahd been working on. "All right, thats the finishing touch." he looked at Abby and winked " your gramps and grand ma deserve this party for everything they have done for us." he said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:18 pm

Abbey nodded enthusiastically, liking the bunting. She waved her little hands in a scalloping motion like the shape of the scalloping bunting, and when she did, the bunting started to sparkle. She looked at the bunting, wide eyed and completely fascinated, not sure how the sparkling had happened and then looked at Jack.

"Did I just see...accidental magic...from a three year old?" Nigel frowned, trying hard to wrap his brain around what he had just seen, that a three year old was capable of magic at all.

"Yup," Brian said, shrugging as he looked at it. "Its genetic from the women in Kate's line, documented repeatedly in Khaat's family tree. Jack, Abbey thinks you did it."

"Thank you, Everyone," Robert said. "You don't know how much I wish that all of our founding members could be here with us tonight."

"Then, perhaps a toast," Brian said, lifting a glass. "To James and Lily, Sirius and Remus, with much gratitude to them all. We couldn't have done it without each of them. Because of them, we have saved untold numbers of children."

"Here here," Angus said, lifting his own glass. "To all our founders."

"Thank you, Jack and Abbey for the splendid decorating, and thank you, Everyone for this party and for all your hard work each and every day," Kate said. "This day has been 40 years in coming, and I can't think of anyone I'd rather spend it with. You are our family, the only family we have. Congratulations to you all and thank you so much for a job exceptionally well done. We can never adequately show you just how much we love you." She turned to Abbey, who was tugging on her trouser leg. "Let's fix you a supper plate. How hungry are you?"

"This much!" Abbey spread her arms open as wide as they could get. Kate laughed.

"Jack, you're not going to get any dinner tonight because Abbey's going to eat it all," Kate teased. Abbey, even for her young age, understood the joke, and she giggled and blew raspberries playfully at Jack.

"Feel like trying a little food?" Nigel asked Robert. "Is the nausea spell still holding?"

"It's holding," Robert said. "I actually would like, maybe, a little."

"Excellent," Nigel said, pleased. "I'll go fix you a small plate with some light things. Anything you particularly want?"

"Nothing in particular," Robert said. "I'm sure its all good. Where's Michael? He's one of our founders. He should be here."

"Oh, forgive me," Kate said. "I forgot to tell you. I took it upon myself to send him to go talk to Daphne about how slippery Gelding has been and how easy it would be for one of his shapeshifters to break him out. We don't want any mess ups."

"Oh, yes, I should have warned her of that," Robert said. "Well, if Michael's gone to see Daphne, we won't see him til morning, but that's alright. He deserves a night off." As Robert was speaking, he glanced up to see an owl at the kitchen window, tapping on the glass.

"Kate, we have an owl," Robert told her.

"I'll get it," Khaat said, going to the window. "The owl treats are missing, though."

"Well, Michael told me to tell you that your 'bloody bird' made off with them yesterday morning," Angus laughed.

"Archangel does like them. They're one of his favorites," Kate said. "There are some fresh shrimp in the fridge. Give him one of those." Khaat gave the owl a shrimp and took the message. She opened the message.

"Good lord," she said quietly. Brian came over and took the message and read it and then laughed out loud, truly amused.

"Only Michael could think to do this. Well, that's one more loose end tied up," Brian laughed. "You'll all like this. It's a deposit slip for our Gringotts account. Michael's deposited over a million galleons into our organization's account. He's included a photo of Tom's very empty vault. And he's written us a message. You're all going to love it. All the message says is 'Mischief Managed,' and its simply signed M."

They roared with laughter and applauded.

"Well done, and thank you, Michael Tremaine," Angus said, raising his glass to Michael.

"You know," Robert said, "Gelding does have other accounts in other parts of the world, but this will significantly hurt him. I've always known, though, this was one of his biggest accounts. So let me put this in some perspective for you. In terms of the money he's gained from muggles, just in this one account, that works out to about five million pounds or about six and a half million American dollars--just an insane amount of blood money. And, remember each one of those galleons was part of one of his illegal trafficking transactions."

"I'd love to get his Paris account shut down," Brian said.

"Oh, no doubt that if Michael thought of this, he's also thinking of Paris," Robert said. "And, did you remember, Brian, that there is a reward clause in our bylaws?"

"Oh I'd forgotten all about that," Brian said. He looked at Angus. "There is a clause in our bylaws that states that if one of our operatives finally brings down Gelding, they shall receive a reward of 100,000 galleons--or in muggle money, that's half a million pounds or almost seven million American dollars. So, by virtue of the fact that you and Ruby managed this together, each of you will be receiving 50,000 galleons--or, if you prefer, a quarter of a million pounds--along with our eternal thanks."

"Well done, indeed, Angus," Robert said. "And to Ruby too, even though she's with Edward at the moment. Thank you so very much. Now go tuck into the food, you lot, before Abbey eats it all." Nigel came back with plate of food for Robert.

"Let's see how you do with some nourishment," Nigel said. "It's been entirely too long since you've eaten."

"Might I do that?" Khaat asked, seeing how her mother was busy helping Abbey.

"Certainly," Nigel told her. Khaat stepped in to help her father with some supper. "He may not eat a lot, but that's alright," Nigel said. "Whatever he gets is a help."

"Agreed," Khaat said. She stepped in to feed him, but it didn't take Gabe more than about 5 seconds to see that, while Robert might be hungry, he wasn't going to adjust to being fed like an infant.

"Hold on, I have an idea," he said. He took a spoon and a fork and started magically altering them. He started by elongating the handles on both of them and then wrapping them around in a modified ellipse shape and then angled the spoon and the fork that would allow them to slip over Robert's mitten shaped bandages and allow him the independence and control to feed himself with just a wee bit of patience on Robert's part until he got used to it. Kate managed to find some straws in the kitchen that would allow Robert to manage his own drinks if they levitated the cups and glasses. Nigel was impressed.

"Oh, well done," Nigel said. "I wondered how we were going to conquer that little obstacle. Good work, Gabe."

"Thank you," Robert said, relieved at finding he did not have to feel humiliated by needing to be fed. "No offense, Khaat, but doing it myself is so much better."

"I understand," she said, "no offense taken whatsoever." She got herself a cup of coffee, and Nigel noticed she had not taken interest in fixing herself a plate. He also noticed Marcus was watching closely and appeared slightly frustrated. Nigel interpreted it as perhaps a repeated behavior that Marcus was concerned about, so Nigel took it upon himself to simply walk up to her, slip his arm around her waist in a friendly gesture and invite her for a short walk outside, just the two of them. Marcus followed, albeit at a distance so that she and Nigel could talk and not be overheard.

"Her appetite is still off," Brian said quietly. "It'll come. She's afraid, although she tries not to be. Every time she closes her eyes, she dreams of James taking her away from us."

"Her fear is highly understandable and not without merit," Robert said. "We know his intentions, much as we will certainly all work to protect her. She knows that, but she still has valid reason to be afraid."

"Marcus dreams of that too," Kate said. "He's been having some violent nightmares lately that have been waking me in the middle of the night. Very much like waking me up by shouting in my ear. You think Nigel is seeing something?"

"Oh, very obviously, he sees it" Robert said, "and, very obviously, he intends to tactfully confront her. I don't know how receptive she'll be to him, but yes. That's exactly what he's doing. He is a very observant fellow and doesn't miss much. He once said to me that the things that people try to hide are the things that shout out to him the loudest."

"So If I want to hide something from him I need to do it in plain sight," Brian teased. "Good to know." Robert frowned at him.

"Only you could take what I said and get that conclusion out of it," Robert laughed. "You're so weird."  

"I don't know," Kate laughed. "I was thinking the same thing."

"Of course you did," Robert rolled his eyes. "You raised the boy. No wonder he's weird. Now I know where he got that from."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:43 pm

Jess and Jack laughed seeing the accidental magic on the bunting. " I think she gave it her own seal of approval." Jack said watching Abby toddle over to Kate. when she threw out her arms to show just how hungry she was Jack and Jess laughed. Then watched as she pulled a tounge at Jack who fulled a face back to her.

"you know Im pretty hungry myself" Jack said still pulling faces to Abby to make her laugh just as he did.

listened to Kate and the others smiling as Kate thanked them every one raised a glass, "To Robert, Kate, michael and To James and Lily, Sirius and Remus and the others, including Edward who could not join us this night." Jack said " but we all think of you as family too, your right in saying this night was along time coming, and were all gla d to have been part of it, now theres nothing to do all chorse are done, soo enjoy the food and relax." Jess moved to Jack smiling at Kate as she stood with him.

Ruby heard the party from upstairs and Jack prasing James and Lily, Sirius, Remus, Robert, Kate and Michael. She looekd at Edward laid on the bed. Placing down her book she checked on him befoe moving to look out of a window. It was now she saw an Owl fly towards the kitchen window. standing she watched th night sky and smiled.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:10 pm

Kate was pleased because Abbey cleaned her plate and actually asked for seconds, something that was rare for her. Everyone tucked in with plates and remarked how great the food was. Angus ate, and then he fixed a plate for Ruby and took a cinnamon roll for himself and went up to Edward's room.

"Brought you a plate," he told her, floating it over to her. "You received quite a lot of appreciation during some of the toasts for partnering with me to apprehend Gelding. And--there's other news. Apparently there was a reward in the organization bylaws. We get to split, between the two of us, half a million galleons. That's certainly nothing to sneeze at. So kudos and congratulations in helping me finally get Tom Gelding off the streets. Wizarding children are a lot safer without him. There's still work to do, but that's a huge step forward. Now, if he just doesn't slip through their fingers. But now we have a problem. How are we gonna spend all that money?" He grinned at her.

Marcus came downstairs, and Brian noticed quickly that he had gone outside with Khaat and was now coming downstairs. He fixed a couple plates, poured a couple cups of coffee, and put them on a tray.

"I thought you were outside," Brian went over to him.

"We were," Marcus said. "We just came in another door. Khaat says she might feel like eating, so I'm fixing us a couple plates."

"I can take hers up if you'd like a break from her," Brian said.

"She's no trouble," Marcus smiled. "And I promised her I'd beat her at chess again tonight."

"You actually beat her?"

"Twice at my parents last night," he laughed.

"Oh, well done. That's not easy to do. I get to take on the winner of four out of five."

"Well, gear up, then, Mate, because that's going to be me," Marcus grinned at him.

"You're on," Brian said. "Is she alright?"

"Fine. I think she'll be back down in a bit," he said. Brian nodded. Abbey dashed up to Marcus.

"Candy!" she said.

"Cake!" he teased.

"Noooo," she looked at him as if he was stupid. "You gots candy! In your pocket!"

"How do you know?" he laughed, amused.

"I see'd it!" she pointed to her head to show that she saw it in her head.

"Well, then, Miss Smartypants, which pocket?" She looked at him, trying to decide.

"I no know," she said, throwing up her hands in frustration.

"Ask Aunt Jess if she 'sees' it," Brian suggested. "Maybe she'll help you." Abbey dashed over to Jess.

"Aun' Jess? Where is it?" she asked. "I can't see it."

"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:21 pm

Ruby heard the door open and turned to see Angus walk in with a plate for her. Turning back to the bed she sat down " thank you" she said taking theplate and placing it next to her. She listened to him talk of the praise they both had been given but she shook her head " I didn't do it for any reward, mine will be seeing Edward up on his feet and you," she lighty poked his chest " smiling again" when he spoke of what they should now spent it on she laughed "Well firstly I'm going to give you mine, to put to what ever project you want, be it a cabin tucked away in the woods witha whole barn filled with animals or some extravagent manstion with six cars in the garage, as long as you and Edward are there i'll be happy." She thought for amoment and had a bright idea " or we could use it to rebuild Brian and Khaats home."

Jess sat with Jack cradeling her as she laughed at one of his cheesy jokes. looking at Abby she smiled then heard her call her " I think its the left one, the right I se has a hole that needs fixing."Jess said laughing and motioning to Abby to check.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:39 pm

"Or," he said only partly teasing now. "We could put it back for savings for all that Hogwarts stuff our first eight kids are going to need."

Abbey saw which pocket Jess was gesturing to and she stretched up on her tip toes to reach inside it. Marcus never moved, letting her root in his suitcoat pocket all she wanted. She finally pulled out a chocolate frog as Nigel came back into the room and fixed himself a plate.

"Well done," he told her.

"Papa John give'd that to you?"

"He did," Marcus said, "For you." She took the frog and was about to walk off when she remembered her manners and turned back around and looked at him.

"Tanks!" she said happily. Then as an additional thought, she suddenly reached into his right pocket, and it made Marcus laugh out loud.

"What are you doing?" Marcus laughed. She suddenly turned and looked at Jess.

"He does!" she said to Jess. "He gots a hole right here!"

"So what should I do about it?" Marcus asked.

"Fix it!"

"How?"

"Bubble gum," she nodded. He roared with laughter.

"That child is 3 going on about 13," Nigel laughed, sitting down near Kate and Robert. "She's a true bundle of pure joy, and I don't say that often. And she's remarkably well behaved for her age."

"Sometimes," Robert teased. "Still, I think it helps that she sees everyone here as family. With this crew, every one of them is an aunt or an uncle or someone she trusts with her life. And nothing delights her more than to tease the daylights out of Jack."

"She is not going to be a shy child, is she?"

"Not bloody likely," Robert laughed.

"Getting tired yet?"

"A bit," Robert said.

"I'll take you back as soon as I finish," Nigel said. "You'll feel a lot better in the morning."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:48 pm

Ruby looked at him at first stunned then chuckled " oh just eight?" she said teasing him back "But I do agree, a fund for any children sounds good, How did I get so lucky to find you." she said her hand resting on his cheek. Turning around she pulled his arms around her and looked at Edward sleeping. " Now we tend our wounded and move forward." she looked up at him " by the way I thought you were wanting a whole football team." she said and laughed.

Jess watched as Abby pulled the chocolate frog from his pocket and laughed when she went for the other. She and Jack could not help but laugh as she sujested the whole be fixed with bubble gum. " thats Our Abby" Jack said laughing as he still held Jess close to him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top