LONDON CALLING - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 7 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 7 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:34 am

"Well, I can't bloody stop you from something I didn't know about in the first place," he told her. "I only wanted to make sure that his needs were covered. That's my job as his next of kin."

"In all fairness, Ruby, I don't think he's trying to argue with you. I haven't had a chance to tell Angus or Brian either one of our discussion," Kate told her.

"And James," Brian said. "And we don't yet know if there are more of Gelding's victims to find and bring home. Nothing is over yet. And that's Robert's whole point. And every hour that goes by without us doing anything someone else has opportunity to get away."

When Jack and Jessie and Ruby went to move Edward, Kate got up, thanked Nigel, and walked out, going upstairs.

"Not a problem, Ruby," Michael replied to her Brian and Angus and Michael saw Kate leave, and they went with her. They went to do the team meeting with Robert, leaving Jessie and Jack and Ruby to their task. They went and provided him reassurance and talked with him about their realization that the risk was not diminished. Brian was concerned about security around Gelding and the risk there was that one of the hired shapeshifters could break him out. Michael volunteered to go see Daphne and talk to her. Kate saw immense advantage in Michael carrying out the ask, and she freed him up to go to Paris. He decided to go at once. Kate and Brian and Angus did their best to put Robert at ease and found all he was really asking for was to be kept informed. He trusted them to carry on. That wasn't a problem.

When the meeting ended, Angus had no choice. he had to return to the estate. There were things there that couldn't wait. Brian told him to delegate the cleaning of the barn to grounds workers so that he could handle getting the pegasus settled in and checking the cleaning and restoration of the main house. Angus was feeling immensely stressed, so being back at the estate, for the moment, gave him opportunity to burn some of it off without blowing up at anyone.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:44 am

Ruby looked at Angus and sighed " sorry and I know, I wasn't arguing, ugg I realy need that run to blow off steam." she said " I'll take care of Edward so you can go and look after the Pegasus, I'll be here when you come back, if anything changes you'll be first to know, okay" she told him gently kissing his cheek as she moved with Jack and Jess. She couldn't help feel like she'd upset the balance, but she aslso knew she'd have a lot of work to do and she needed to prove to her self she was worthy of their trust in her.

Jack and jessie held Edward the same as they did when they ported him in now porting to Micahels room where Ruby stood having turned down a bed ready. " okay guys gently lay him down" she said once he was in the bed she covered him and sat next to him wondering if Nigel would come and check that his vitals were good. She checked him over and brushed his hair off his face. " Im not that woman who mops about." she said to herself quietly " its been a busy day and I need to get my head clear." getting up Kaden walked in and nodded to her.

"I'll sit for a bit" he said as Ruby left changing her clothes to her running ones. " nature do your thing." she said and took off around the grounds.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4081

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:13 am

Angus did as he was told and delegated the barn clean up. He made sure, himself, that the pegasus and the unicorns had impeccably clean stalls abundant fresh bedding, and fresh food and water. He took the time just to be with them and to offer them some carrots and some apple slices. He headed out of the barn and checked on the repairs to the house. They were on schedule, and that was good. He went inside and checked it carefully. Repairs on the inside were being done, but there was a heavy amount of smoke damage. The entire place and everything in it would have to be meticulously cleaned from top to bottom, and with the size of the house, that was going to be a massive undertaking.

He went into the study and pilfered a pack of Robert's cigarettes and a book of matches and then took a bottle of firewhiskey that only had about a third of a bottle left in it and went upstairs to Khaat's room.

"And what brings you here when everybody else is gone?" Remus's portrait asked.

"I needed to be alone for a minute," he said, lighting a cigarette and sitting on the bed, leaning back against the headboard.

"Liar," Remus said. "If that were true, you wouldn't be bothering with me. And--you don't smoke."

"I do now" Angus said, taking a long drag off it and exhaling. Then he took a big gulp of the firewhiskey.

"Alright, what is it?"

"Everything I've tried to do, gone up in smoke," Angus sighed.

"Well, not quite, but this really isn't about the fire, is it? This is about Edward and how your job has taken you away from him all day. There isn't anyone who does quite what you do, and beside that, you're dead on your feet. You came entirely too close to losing him, and you are, rightfully, rattled. Did you get the breakfast that they fixed this morning?"

"Breakfast?" Angus looked at him blankly.

"Did you eat yesterday?" Remus asked. Angus couldn't remember.

"Are you getting the picture yet? So far, in self care, you get points for two showers. Big deal. You get negative points for every meal you missed, every run you missed, every hour of sleep you missed..."

"Then I'm screwed, aren't I?" Angus sighed. "I couldn't run right now if someone put a gun to my head."

"I bet you would," Remus laughed.

"Remus?"

"Yes?"

"Am I feeling sorry for myself?"

"I think you're too tired and hungry for that, my boy," Remus said. "Go back to the farm."

"In a minute," Angus yawned.

"Cigarette in the ashtray, please," Remus said. Angus automatically obeyed, and then fell asleep.

In the farmhouse, Remus's portrait called out for Kate.

"Kate? Katie? Yo! Where are you?" Remus called.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:25 am

Ruby ran twice around the grounds as hard and as fast as she could to get rid of the frustration she felt the wind in her hair as she moved and the soft rain against her skin. finally she sat down and listened to the sound around her the wind rustelling the leaves the birds as they sang. Everything to her was calm except her blody mind as it still raced, standing up she ran moreuntill she felt the burn in her thighs.

Jack had gone up stairs to clean up when he heard a voice call out and recognised Remus "Hey remus Kates not here, I am whats up" he asked as he pushed open a door to Khaats bedroom. he walked over and looke at him " so whats with the hubbub bub?" he asked chukaling at his choice of words.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:45 am

"Angus's new flame is working hard, maybe a little too hard, to prove herself and to fit in, and you and I both know that, while that is anxiety provoking, those things come with time. It isn't an initiation test. And, we also both know that Angus is crazy about her in his own awkward way. So there's that.

"I think there is about a one hundred and ten percent chance for the upcoming situation to go off the rails without a little 'brotherly' intervention. Do you know where he is? I do. Nobody on the team does exactly what he does, and for certain tasks, he's the only one that does those.

"He's keenly aware of that, and, he's not eaten much of anything in the last two days He hasn't slept, he's worked his tail off, he's helped to puit a 40 year old case to a close, and he's damn near lost the only blood relative that gives a rip about him, as well as the only other man who has been an appropriate father figure to him. That has hit him with a double whammy. He's exhausted. And all he sees in front of him is an endless list of things to do because of Gelding, James, Edward, Robert, and the fire. He's really trying to wrap his brain around it all

"Now, so his new flame doesn't panic, the poor boy is over at Brian's. He did barn chores til he can't do any more. he's not avoiding coming home. he came upstairs, and talked with me--while he was sipping on firewhiskey and smoking a cigarette for the first time. And he fell asleep. I don't think he's in any danger, but he's completely, 100%, knackered. Perhaps, we need to try to not let this all go sideways."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:54 am

Jack chuckled and nodded " Agreed, I'll get Jessie to organise some men to finish the barn, Jess can cook something hearty for when everyone cools off , hum and a party to blow of steam." he said grinning " oh Ruby could make some cinimon buns." he said with a little drool.

Heading down he saw Jess and spoke to her first " okay time we stepped up, Jess cook something good for every one to eat, Jessie take two men to the barn and finish what Angus started, feed the animals muck out the stalls and make sure not to for get the bowtruckle, list is on the sides of the stalls, that Pegasus will need extra attenshion, have some one with a good heart watch it any change tell them to come get me." Jack said and each nodded.

Jess moved to the kitchen and began making food for a large supper, with fruit salad, ice cream scones and the like. Jessie grabbed two men from the guard house and took them to the barn.

"Alright grab a pitch fork and start, no complaints, just do." he picked up one as well and began cleaning out the stalls. each man took a stall and began on their task.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:10 am

Kate saw there was now some different energy being infused into the house. Things were brightening up. She could feel it. She was passing down the hall, and heard Remus's voice, so she turned and went into the bedroom.

"What's going on?" she asked him.

"Don't you think there should be a shift of energy? A little enthusiasm? Aren't you the one always advocating for a little laughter and sunshine?"

"What are you up to?" She frowned. Remus repeated his concerns about Angus, and Kate understood.

"Good for Jack," Kate said. "It's a perfect remedy. But maybe I can help too. Sometime we all just need our mums."

"Might be worth a try," Remus said. And it wasn't more than a moment later that Nigel came in.

"Edward's grandson--where is he?" Nigel asked.

"He's over at the estate. What's wrong?"

"Nothing wrong, but I just came from checking on Edward, and I believe he's trying to wake up. The lad might want to see him for just a very brief moment, if you can find him."

"I know where he is. Care to come with me?"

"I could do that. That nurse, Kaden I think is name is, is with him. I could go for a moment."

"Then let's go talk to Angus," Kate said. She went into the kitchen. "Jess, Nigel says she thinks Edward is trying to wake up. Nigel is coming with me for a moment to go break the news to Angus he's apparently dozed off over the main house, according to Remus. Hold the fort for a little? We wont be long"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:20 am

Jess smiled and nodded "Of course we've got everything in hand" she said holding up a mixing spoon. Ruby returned entering the house she saw the house alive with the bustle of people. "Oh thank goodness your back," Jess said and pulled her into the kitchen. "now I need you to work your magic...not literal, but cullinary to make some of Angus's cinimon buns that every one likes, I have tried and well failed." Ruby looked at the trays of desasters and laughed.

"Alright, but first we clean up." she said and Jess chuckled sending everything to the washer then pulling out all that Ruby asked for. Now ruby made little pizzas and canopys for every one to eat along with quiches and other party food. Jessie returned from the barn and laughed as he saw himself in the glass of the door.

"oh boy, I'd better wash, let Jack know barns done, just got hypogriff and Pegasus to feed" Jess nodded and pointed to the stairs Jessie took that to mean go shower and did so. Jack had disappeared into the dinning room to do something now Jess moved into it and saw decorations all around the room, bunting and balloons.

"hey were celibrating finally getting rid of that...well gelding" he spotted Abby and picked her up " hey abby how about you draw some pictures on this buntting and make it prettty then we can hang it where you mom and dad can see it when they come in." he asked her Jess placed down the food and headed back for more.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:39 am

Kate and Nigel went over to talk to Angus, and, out of habit, Nigel had scooped up his bag. He found it to be useful, though, because he saw Angus's tremendous fatigue and cobbled together a pick-me-up potion that would only last for four or five hours at the most , and he gave it to Angus. It only took a moment to work, and it did help significantly.

Feeling better, Angus was elated when Nigel said Edward was starting to wake up. They brought Angus home, and Angus apparated. straight to the bedroom to see Edward. Angus was sitting right beside him when Edward woke

"Mimmo," Edward smiled, using an Italian term of endearment.

"Nonno," Angus used the Italian word for grandfather. "I thought I lost you. You're home. You're safe.

"I knew you'd come," Edward said. "Didn't have a doubt in my mind."

"And we got Gelding. He's in jail."

"Then it was all worth it," Edward said.

"I don't know what I would have done if I'd lost you," Angus said in a much smaller voice than he had intended. Edward reached for him, and they embraced for a long, emotional moment.

"No matter what, you will never lose me," Edward told him firmly. "You understand me? I will never leave you. One way or another, I will always be with you."

"He needs to sleep now, Angus," Nigel said. Fear rolled through Angus, and he hung onto Edward's hand.

"I'll be here," Edward promised "I'm not going anywhere, but you look like the devil. Go get some sleep, my boy. I'll see you in the morning." Angus looked at Nigel, who nodded. Angus stepped away, and Edward slipped into a well deserved sleep. Kate went to the kitchen where the others were readying for the party.

"We have another reason to celebrate. Edward is conscious," she told them. "He visited with Angus. Nigel thinks he's going to be alright if it all continues to go well."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:48 am

Jess smiled as Kate told them Edward was awake She aslo saw Ruby yawn but not stop cooking. "go rest" she told her but Ruby shook her head. Taking the spoon from her hand Jess turned her to the door and walked her into the hallway "go get some sleep, be with your man and just relax." she simply said then went back to the kitchen herself to continue.

Ruby walked up to Angus's room and knocked hoping he would awnser but feeling he would be asleep opening the door she made her way to the bed and lay down, her eyes closing as she grabbed some sleep.

Jessie walked down from his room now in clean clothes and smelling cleaner. " okay need help?" he asked Jess put a plate of food in his hands and pointed to the dinning room.

"put these on the table, Rubys gone to rest and edward woke up." she told him picking up more " when everyones refreshed thats when we'll start, do not touch anything. " she warned him and smiled to Jack sat with Abby drawing little pictures on the bunting.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top