LONDON CALLING - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 6 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 6 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:27 pm

"You might have liked Tyler," Brian said. "He's not a bad sort, he just would make a completely lousy fighter. He just doesn't have that in him. He's good at what he does, but he's just very different from Angus. His sisters, well, they were raised to be trophy wives, and that doesn't make sense to Angus. He thinks there should be more to life than being a decoration for someone else. And I couldn't agree more. Truth be told, the wizarding press have called Khaat and me both trophy partners for the other, but nothing could be further from the truth."

He thanked her again for the coffee and watched her leave. Upstairs, Abbey saw Ruby come and sit with her and offer to paint her nails.

"I want all the colors," she told Ruby. "Gam's doors ugly. I make them pretty,"

In his room, Robert could not rest another moment. His mind was racing. He managed to slide out from under the covers, not being successful at tossing back the covers and managed to get to his feet. He was trying to get the closet open to get his robe when Nigel came in and caught him in the act.

"Oh for the love of...what do you think you're doing?" Nigel asked.

"I have to talk to my team," Robert said

"Going to do it naked, are you?" Nigel asked.

"No, I was looking for my robe," Robert said. Nigel came over and stood in front of him, leaning back against the closet door.

"Since you're up, I'll help you with a trip to the loo if you like. Otherwise, get." He pointed back to the bed. "You're still showing symptoms of shock, so get. Get, get, get. Go."

"I have work to do," Robert said firmly.

"Not today. You'll have to get by me first, and you've never successfully been able to do that. I'm not letting them in here, and the only way you'll be meeting them outside of this room is dressed exactly as you are now." Robert rolled his eyes in irritation with Nigel. "So, go back to bed, or go naked. That's your choice."

"You're a pain in the ass," Robert scowled.

"Yes, and I'm better than you at it and proud of it. If you want to be a bigger pain in the ass than me, you'll have to work harder than that." He softened only a little and then he supported him. "Come on. You aren't going to last on your feet to get back to bed without my help. You're not as well as you think you are."

"I am well aware of how I feel," Robert said, clutching his stomach. Nigel reached up and touched Robert's forehead to ease his nausea.

"I don't feel like cleaning it up," Nigel said. He helped Robert back to bed. Robert's eyes fluttered shut almost instantly, and Nigel started to check him to make sure he hadn't damaged himself. "Can't leave you alone for a moment, can I?" Nigel said quietly, knowing Robert wasn't hearing him anymore. A soft knock came on the door, and Michael peeked in.

"How is he?" Michael asked.

"Get the team assembled, whoever or whatever that is. We need to talk," Nigel said. Michael frowned but left to go ask the team members to assemble together. If they met in the basement control room, someone could be within earshot of Edward and still attend.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:33 pm

Ruby heard them gathering and moved to Jess who woke and took Abby " you go I'll look after her, Im better here" Jess told Ruby. Ruby nodded and followed thm down to the basement. She was getting worried as she'd not seen Angus for some time and hoped he'd not done something silly. Jack walked in and bumped into Ruby knocking her forward a little.

"Sorry Roobs sisn't see you there." he said chuckaling as Jessie walked in behind him. Ruby moved to stand in a courner as they others gathered she wondered just what was going on.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4775

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:46 pm

Angus was the last one to arrive down in the basement. He had been clean, and now he was filthy again--and he smelled like horse poo.

"Go shower--again. You're completely rank," Kate complained and ordered him straight off, pointing upstairs. "Where the devil have you been, anyway?"

"Oh, you don't want to know," Angus sighed unhappily, highly frustrated. "Sorry, All. Look, is this really important because I.."

"Yes, it is," Nigel said. "Get rid of the horse manure and get back. You have two minutes." Angus turned to leave to go shower--again, and Brian leaped up and caught him at the stairs and spoke for a moment. Brian shook his head, trying to stifle a laugh and then he sent Angus up to shower.

"Well, the good news, kate, is that we have a new rescue to foster, and you're going to like this one. We have, in the barn at the estate, a Pegasus!"

"A Pegasus!" Kate was thrilled. "We've never had a Pegasus! So what's the downside?"

"A barn worker and a Paris worker got into a squabble over who knew more about winged horses, and they starting flinging horse poo at each other. And they got Angus in the process. Angus suspended them both, and he is going to have to go muck out the entire barn and wash all the stalls because it is a complete and utter disaster. He is about as unhappy as I've ever seen him get."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:54 pm

Ruby shook her head at the sight of Angus but couldn't help chuckle at the sight of him. Making a desishion she moved out of the meeting in the basement and up to their shared room where she hoped to find Angus.

Opening the door she looked in. " so horse poop and a Pegasus, does it have a name?" she asked picking up his poop stained clothing and placing them in the wash basket remembering to collect them for washing. " and more importantly who won? or can I guess."

Opening the bathroom door she lent on the frame as steam left the room. " the soap to your right should do the trick...i think." she said hoping she wasn't over stepping her place.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:05 am

"It does not have a name, not yet," Angus replied to her from the shower. "But if I know Kate, he'll have a name by nightfall. I don't think anyone won. Two men got suspended, and now I've got a whole barn to clean every inch of. Normally, I actually like the task because it gives me a chance to burn off excess energy. But I'm tired. I've already been up all night, and I really don't have excess energy today. And, I'd much rather be here with you and with Edward. I'd like to knock those morons' heads together, quite honestly. And right now, I'm so covered with filth that I wouldn't begin to want you sharing my shower with me. I'm disgusting." He picked up the soap she had suggested.

"Any clue what this meeting is about? Sounds like Nigel Sigworth might be the one who called it, just judging by his attitude. Is Edward alright? What about Robert?"

He turned the water off and got out of the shower.

"I'm sorry," he sighed. "I'm no sort of companion for you today. With Edward and Robert on the disabled list, and with the fire at the farm and everyone over here...All i have to do is to figure out how to be several places at once. I wonder if Hermione still has her time turner...." he sighed.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:17 am

Ruby smiled and watched as he showered " its okay, and I don't know what its about, I did go and see Edward, Brian said hes a little better and might be awake by morning." she moved to hold him in a hug " I don't think she does, but Im here and I'll help anyway I can, I don't care if you stink or are sweaty, but we do need to talk." she moved to the bed and sat down on it.

" I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to be around me, since tecnicaly I allowed them in by giving away the poition of Brians place, but in my defence that two faced witch sent me here." she sighed " Kate told me that it didn't matter becuse I didn't know what she was up to but...Im thirty two years old, no job, retraining thanks to Kate giving me a job here and no apartment anymore." she ran her fingers threw her hair.

"But I did learn one thing and thats not to give up and well, Kate is more a mother to me than my own, but Im getting off track, Im worried that you being my supervisor will change what we have becuse ..well.. I don't want it to."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:30 am

"Wait," he frowned. "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not sure if you're starting in the middle or the end, but you're not starting at the beginning, whatever it is." He tried to review in his head what her words had been.

"First of all, stop. You're massively overthinking. I don't blame you for anything, so you can let go of that thought. I wouldn't want you working for a crook, so I'm glad you aren't going to work for that hussy. Second of all, you have been out of a job for less than twelve hours. That hardly makes you unsucccessful. And--you're not homeless. You still have a room at the estate. Nobody's thrown you out, and I don't think anyone's even thought about it...."

"So, wait? Kate hired you? Well, okay Fine. That solves that problem and the housing problem. As I see it, you don't have a problem. So I'll end up as your supervisor? I still don't see a problem. I supervise a lot of people--some of them friends.

"So, if you're asking me for advice, here it is. Stop overthinking. Take a breath and get a little bit of a grip. We don't have a problem. You'll see. Trust me. Things have a way of working out." He kissed her quickly and got up. "And, we'd better get downstairs before we get into trouble for being 3 minutes late instead of two. Come on. Hustle your bustle. Let's go." He motioned for her to follow him, and he headed downstairs.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:37 am

Ruby sat and listened to him she sat stunned at his words but in a good way. feeling him reasure her nothing had changed and she relaxed and smiled " I guess I am overthinking this, I missed my run today that ushaly helps, tonight im doubling it to make up for it." when he told her to take a breath and trust him she nodded " I do, with my life always and your right look at how I met you in the first place."

she relaxed more as he kissed her then chuckled " oh! only three minets" she said tesingly as she followed him him down to the basement.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:05 am

They went downstairs to find Nigel checking their time on a watch. He looked at them and then pocketed his watch again.

"First, Edward is a lot more stable than he was," Nigel said. "I am much more optimistic about him than I was. I think we could move him out of this hole-in-the ground to a regular bedroom now, if you have any more rooms to move him to."

"Absolutely," Michael said. "If worse comes to worse, I have two single beds in my room. And I can only use one at a time. He could bunk with me."

"That might work because he wouldn't be entirely alone," Nigel said.

"If I need to hire him a private duty nurse, I'll do it," Angus said.

"Alright, then, so all options are still on the table, then. Good," Nigel said. "I'll let you know. Now, as for Robert. He's being a pistol. Understand that because his injuries are serious, we're still battling hypovolemic shock. In an overly simplified way, it's an illness caused by a dramatic shift in the fluid level in the body, and severe burns can cause such a shift. It's going to take time and close car to stabilize. Now, he isn't in jeopardy of dying or anything like that, but he has no use of either hand and he won't. Not for some time. And, because of the shock, he is just plain too sick to be going much of anywhere or doing much of anything.

"He is posing a huge risk to himself, though, and a potentially dangerous risk because he is not able to get off his mind the need to meet with you all. He is insistent that it has to be done straight away. Something about loose ends..."

"I know exactly what he's talking about," Brian said; "I think we all can figure out exactly what he's saying. And he's spot on."

"So take care of it before hurts himself," Nigel was impatient.

"Well, it can't be resolved that quickly or easily," Brian replied. "Can we see him? Maybe we can put his mind at ease that we know what he's concerned about and we'll keep working?"

"That would help," Kate said. "He needs to know that we hear him and that we're still operating as we should."

"Understand that he still isn't as clear headed as he should be, so no meeting can be overwhelming or prolonging.."

"I have to ask," Brian said. "You have a reputation of not working with someone unless they come to you, not the other way 'round. So how long will you stay?"

"Brian," Kate frowned reprimandingly.

"Oh, its a fair question," Nigel said. "I respect a man for speaking plainly. You're right. I generally don't make housecalls, and I haven't done anything quite like this--ever. However, Robert Lupin and Edward Donohue aren't just any wizards, are they? Robert is a former Minister of Magic. He's also the chief of staff and the potionsmaster for the only wizarding hospital in England. And, apparently, he's also a spy. Edward Donohue's legend speaks for itself. He's in more wizarding history books than I care to count. So, under the circumstances, I shall stay until I am convinced they are both firmly on the road to recovery and out of danger enough that I can step their cases down to you lot to manage, Fair enough?"

"More than fair enough," Kate said.

"So, I'll let you all meet with him--in his room--but only for a few minutes. And remember, your task is to put him at ease."

"Our task is to let him know he's being heard," Brian said firmly.

"So when can you do this?"

"Any issue with doing it now?" Brian asked.

"We'll have to wake him for a moment, but outside of that, no."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:16 am

Ruby listened to Nigel speack but when Angus spoke he'd tend to Edward she shook her head and looked up at him. "No you don't, thats what I was hire for" she told Angus " kate said health care for Robert and Edward and nanny to Abby" she told him " and don't you dare stop me." she glanced at him with alook that said for him to try and argue with her then looked back to nigel who continued talking. When Brian spoke she was perplexed " is Brian talking about Geldings scattered gang?" she asked " or did I miss something else?"

Jack and Jessie both strpped forward to Nigel " we'll move Edward to Michaels room right away" Jack said then with Jessie left for the sickbay. Ruby walked over to Micheal " hope you don't mind me being in your room, I've been hired to take care of Edward and Robert." she said to him
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top