LONDON CALLING - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 5 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 5 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:34 pm

"Come, come," Kate motioned to her. "Come sit. Breathe. Drink this. You'll feel better. And then we'll talk." She handed her the little dose of nerve tonic. When Ruby finally sat down, Kate sat beside her and put her arm around her.

"Let me tell you a couple things. I know Angus like he was my own," Kate said. "And I treat him like my own. He's been with us now for over ten years. And, do you know how many women he's brought home with him? One--you. Do you know how many he was been proud enough to be with to be completely open about having a physical relationship at all with? Just one. You. Angus has always been exceptionally private until now, but this is very different for him. He didn't even tell us he had a fiancé when he was engaged to that weird shapeshifter. We found it out after the fact that he had given her a ring, ad the rest of it. You're the only woman he's ever, ever told any of us about, and that says a lot"

"Your boss wasn't the only one doing the using. Gelding was using her and using James as well to find out where the estate was. Angus is not going to make even the slightest connection between your boss and you and Edward. I can promise you as sure as I'm sitting here that even if you told him that was how you felt, he would not see it that way at all.

"You have a job if you want it. You know that Robert would take you on and train you if you wanted it. I can put you on provisionally, but I need to let Robert or Brian do the actual formal hiring. You'd have to either start out in a different position--like kitchen help, estate help with the animals, nanny for Abbey, or a health aid to help take care of Robert and Edward while they're needing care. Or just general staff. Robert isn't likely to let you do a lot of intense missions work until you're trained. But if he had had any reservations about you, we'd have all known about it long before this. A job with us initially would place Robert and Brian as your bosses, and, technically, Angus as your supervisor. That might be a little awkward, but not completely unworkable.
"All of our hires have to have a complete physical shortly after they get started, and I know we're behind with Jessie's. The rest of us are probably due to get new ones as it is, but that's the only real requirement other than being able to actually do the job itself. You wouldn't have been allowed to stay if your dossier had had any concerns. You might have gotten in, but you wouldn't have been allowed to stay.

"All the positions here pay exceptionally well and include a complete array of benefits. And if you work for us, you'll find a separate apartment never gets used anyway. Angus gave you a room, but I can't imagine you'll use it much anyway. And, if you two decide you'd rather have some privacy, talk to him about getting one of the cabins. It would give you both the room at the house and the cabin for the times when you really want a sense of a life of your own.

"If I thought you had anything to worry about, I'd tell you but I don't see a single thing for you to be doing all this overthinking about. What I do think you should do is to pull yourself together and go down and try one of Mira's waffles. I hear they're wonderful."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:49 pm

Ruby sat with Kate and listened to her talk as she drank what Kate had given to her. It helpped her hearing Kate tell her things realy hadn't changed and she had a job but she'd change positions. Ruby looked at Kate and nodded "yeah I wanted to tear that thing to shreds, you know your more of a mother to me now, than my own right now." she told Kate " I don't know if its the tonic you gave me but if ever things between Angus and I go that way, I'd want Edwrad to be the one to take me to Angus, but we'll see. " she listened again and nodded.

"Your right its not my fault, Gelding and her should be made to pay for all the lives they've ruined, not just mine but those at the ministry too." she smiled as Kate spoke of not using the room she'd been given much " I don't know what or where I'd be with out him, but if hes my supervisor would I have to stop being with him, becuse I won't." she said more reasuringly to Kate. she heard her mention the overthinking and shrugged " I don't know, so much going on last night then bam every one acting like evrythings fine..which I guess it is now." She took a deep breath and chuckled at the mention of miras waffles. " okay and I'd like to help Robert and Edward as a health support but also nanny for Abby she's such a cutie, until Im trained to full standards, if thats okay with you."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4775

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:07 pm

"And Edward would be truly honored to be asked to do that, I'm quite sure," Kate smiled. "I'm happy to be here for you in however you need. The tonic I gave you is just a very mild nerve tonic. We have missions all the time that are very much like what you've seen. It isn't uncommon for team members to need a little help to pull themselves together after some of the things they see or experience. In fact, its so common, Robert keeps a bottle at both houses in the kitchen cabinet right beside the aspirin powders. We've all used it from time to time, and I'm sure we will again.

"We've been trying to stop the Gelding family for almost 40 years, longer than you've been alive. To see him finally in jail is the culmination of a lot of heart and soul by a huge group people, some of whom aren't even here anymore. When Robert is back thinking clearly, he's going to want to celebrate.

"There isn't anything specifically written in the organization's guidelines about that," Kate said. "But if that were true, then Robert and I would be in trouble, And so would Brian and Khaat, and, to some degree, Jack and Jess. Who are we to determine what you do in the privacy of your own room? I think you and Angus would have to figure out how you'll handle the dual roles, and better you two decide than to have Robert or me meddling in your affairs. But if you find you can't handle it, then we'd have to look at some sort of change.

"I could certainly use the help with Robert and Edward. They're both likely to need total care for awhile. Edward is just too ill, and Robert is going to need a lot of help with both hands incapacitated. Of course we wouldn't expect you to help them with duties that would require more...privacy. I'm sure that those duties will fall, in Edward's case, to Angus and probably Nigel, depending on how long he stays. For Robert, I expect that will fall to Michael and me probably. But other things, yes, you absolutely can help with. And I think you and Abbey should get along just fine. But since Mira is wanting training too, maybe the two of you can train together.

"So, welcome aboard, I guess," she smiled. "Now, go get some breakfast. Oh, and when you're finished eating, would you fix a plate and take it downstairs with some coffee to Brian, please? Thank you."

Kate excused herself and got up and left, going downstairs to check in on Robert.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:15 pm

Ruby felt better and noded to Kate she was suprised at how common feeling overwhelmbed was among the family but was glad she hadn't been threw anything they hadn't. Listening to Kate talk more she smiled " yeah guess they would" she said " i'll take to Angus when hes not so worried about his grandfather, I'd like to train with Mira, shes a great person, im sure we'd get along" she said then heard Kate mention coffee to Brian she nodded.

Standing up she moved to Kate and gave her a hug in gratatude " thank you, and just know I am not going to hurt Angus in anyway and..oh I'm all woman, no shape shifter here." she said and chuckledas she saw Kate leave and head back down stairs. now confident in her choices she headed down to the kitchen " Hey Mia, could I have a coffee for Brian please" she asked seeing Jack and Jessie out side.

Picking up the coffee pot and cup she headed down to Brian. Opening the door she walked over and pulled a small table over to him " Kate thought you could use a coffee." she said placing it and poring out the first cup.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:49 pm

"Sure thing, Ruby!" Mira said, getting a mug of coffee for Brian.

Brian didn't know when a mug of coffee was more appreciated, but he was more glad than he was sure she knew when she showed up with the coffee.

"Oh, bless you," Brian said. "This is so far underground that it is completely silent. And when its this silent, it is incredibly hard to stay awake. Thank you, Ruby."

Kate was glad Ruby was feeling better. She headed down towards the bedroom and remembered the potion Nigel wanted Robert to have, so she took a mug of coffee, because the larger mugs held a pint, and mixed some of the potion into it and took a mug for him and a fresh mug for herself, and went to the bedroom to check on Robert.

Robert was awake, to her great relief. She went over and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Brought you some coffee," she said softly. She leaned down and kissed him. "You frightened the life right out of me this time, Robert."

"I might have really done it this time, though," he said. "Even wizards can't heal everything. Kate, what if I can't ever use my hands again? What if I'm a complete invalid for life? It's a very realistic possibility..."

"Robert Thomas Lupin," she said seriously, "don't you give that a moment's thought. We'll be alright. We have more than enough money to last us the rest of our lives. We have family and friends, and now that we have Gelding behind us..."

"What?" Robert frowned.

"You might not remember. We caught Gelding. He's under arrest, and we hand delivered him to Daphne in the middle of the night..."

"God, we've done it," he looked at her, wide eyed. "We've finally done it."

"Our work is done, Robert."

"No, no it isn't," he said. "There are all his confederates to round up. They'll be dashing off now like rats on a sinking ship. I need to meet with the team straight away., before they get away..."

"Shh." She hushed him and started feeding him sips of coffee. "Here. Drink this. It has some sort of electrolyte business of Nigel's."

"Is he still here?"

"He certainly is. He isn't leaving until you and Edward are in better shape."

"I'm sorry I never told you about him," he sighed. "I just never wanted to worry you, and at the time when I first met him, I honestly was sick enough that my own symptoms frightened me."

"And so you behaved like an asshole and didn't tell me. You ever do it again, and your things will be out on the porch. You understand me? You have never kept secrets from me until it came to Nigel. Don't you ever do it again. Are we clear? If you're not well, you tell me first, damnit. There shouldn't be anything you can't tell me. I've shared your bed since we were sixteen, and I've had your baby, you big idjit."

"You were fifteen, actually. It was the night before your 16th birthday," he corrected her.

"Cradle robber," she said. "Still, 47 years being with you. I deserve better at your hands."

"Yes. You do. I apologize."

"And I hired Ruby."

"Okay. What for?"

"Because she needs a job now, and she has promise. I hired her as a nurse aid for you and Edward."

"As a what?" Robert looked at her, not sure how comfortable he was having her handle all the usual nurse aid duties.

"I suppose I'll be good enough for you to help you with some things, won't I?"

"You're never going to let me live this down, are you?"

"Nope."

"But I still need to meet with the team," he insisted.

"I'll talk to Nigel..."

"Screw Nigel...."

"Robert..."

"Kate..."

"Not unless Nigel approves, and that's final. Drink your coffee, you old curmudgeon."

"I will. Now please tell the others I need to see them straight away."

"I will do no such thing. They're getting some well deserved breakfast, then they're going to get showers. They stink. We all stink. And then, I'm sure, they're going to get a little shut eye. You just simmer yourself."

Meanwhile, Abbey had finished her breakfast and had found Kate's bottles of nail polish and was painting Kate's bright, clean, white bathroom cabinets.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:58 pm

Ruby smiled and nodded " but sometimes silance is louder than noise." she said " and sometimes sleep is good, I saw Khaat and Marcus out side with Jack and Jessie and I think Abbys playing with Jess, I think." She moved to Edwards side and touched his hand lightly. Turning to look at Brian she spoke again this time with worry.

"He is going to be alright, isn't he?" she asked " I didn't resly understand what happened earlier, Kate tried to explain." she looked back down at Edward laid infront of her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:26 pm

"It certainly can be," Brian agreed. "The silence and the waiting can be so stressful, especially if someone you love is in trouble. Been there, done that--more times than I want to count. Khaat's back? Good. I'll try to go see her when someone relieves me." When Ruby asked if Edward was going to be alright, Brian nodded.

"I wouldn't have given you a sickle for him back in the catacombs, but he has been steadily getting stronger since Nigel removed the curses. As I understand it from Michael and Nigel, Edward was taken, beaten and then cursed with some exceptionally dark and deadly curses. If we hadn't found him in time, he would have surely died.

"However, Michael said they did something else too, and they applied a certain dark magic spell that is designed to keep something protected. Think of it as a protection spell for bad guys to keep the good guys out. This particular spell was designed that if someone with white light intentions touches whatever the spell is cast upon, then the white lighter will be burned alive--and generally burned to death.

"Michael has certain skills...well, alright. I'll just tell you. Michael is a very gifted catburglar. He is one of the Unspeakables, but you're ot supposed to know that. He is also a very skilled operative that specializes in what is known as exfiltration, or extraction. If an espionage agent for the ministry gets into trouble on a mission and can't get out on his own, Michael is the one sent in to rescue him and bring him safely home. So with his skills, he says the spell causes a certain odd color of light when it burns, and he recognized that weird color of light and knew Robert would die in seconds if he didn't stop it. That was why he acted as quickly as he did. So, in essence, Angus found Edward himself, and we safely brought him home. And, Michael saved Robert and summoned perhaps the only healer that was capable of helping both Robert and Edward. And, you and Angus caught Gelding for us and closed a mission that has taken us over 40 years to complete. So, congratulations on a job well done for that.

"That doesn't mean the work is done, and when Robert wakes up, he's going to be chomping at the bit to go get all of Gelding's employees and connections. And then there's still James to deal with. And he's only going to be more outraged that Gelding was stopped before he was "paid." Robert still lives, and James doesn't have Khaat. So, James is going to be more dangerous than ever. And, as if that weren't all enough. I have to get to the estate at some point and do some sort of variation to reset the protection grids and make sure that we're unplottable in a different way so that however they've marked us, those markers don't work anymore.

"Now, are you completely confused?" he laughed.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:36 pm

Ruby listened to Brian as he spoke of Michael she chuckled and nodded " I'bve heard of them but until now never met them." she said as he continued telling her about him " then I guess Im very lucky to know him and work with him." on hearing that Brian felt Angus and herself had saved Edward she just shook her head making her hair bounce a little. " he's important to Angus and I, and like I told Kate if one day.. if that day happen I'd love for Edward to walk me to Angus, but I still need to talk to Angus find out if hes okay." she said on hearing him ask her if she was confused she laughed.

" oh yeah, but I guess I'll have to get a hang of it, im staying with Angus and hes staying right here with his family, then so am I" she said when he mentioned the protection grid at the estate she nodded " I can help there, charms was my speciality at Hogwarts after DADA." She told him " and Kate already offered me a job, provishonaly since I don't have my ministry job anymore."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:48 pm

"And I'm sure, if you ever do get married, he'll be honored to do that. There is nothing in his life that is more important to him than seeing Angus happy. I don't know if you've met his siblings, but one of his brothers, Evan, is just an asshat. Flat out. Tyler is alright but he's got all the moxie of a wet dishrag. And his sisters aren't any braver, either of them. His parents are a waste of oxygen in terms of their relationship with Angus. I don't think he's seen them in years, and I know he doesn't miss them. Outside of Edward, his family is right here, and he'll be the first to admit it.

"Not surprised that you're staying, and I'm not surprised you've gotten on board. I actually saw that coming just about the time he took you to his room the first time because it showed me he thought you were a different caliber of a girl. But, nevertheless, welcome aboard. Just so you know, Kate rarely does any hiring, so that also says something. So what are wanting to do with us, and where is she starting you at?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:57 pm

Ruby smiled and nodded " oh I met Evan and I agree total asshat" she told him " I haven't met the others, we were going to visit his other brother at the winery but.." she paused " more important things came up." listening more to Brian she had begun to understand just how special Angus was to his new family and felt honered to be part of his life." Thankyou, but Im just me and I love everything about Angus and this family, I offered to be healthcare help and nanny for Abby untill I fully train and that will be when you and Robert both say Im ready."

She looked down at Edward then gently lent forward to place a gentel kiss on his cheek " get better soon. please" she said softly then looked to Brian " if you need any more coffee just let me know, I should check on Abby."

Ruby left the room and headed up stairs finding Jess napping in a chair and Abby playing with nail polish. Sitting down next to her Ruby spoke softly "How about i show you where this goes, it'll make you pretty." she said and began painting Abbys little nails.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top