LONDON CALLING - Page 10
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 10 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 10 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 55 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 10 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:35 am

"I know," Edward sighed. "I knew he'd be worried. The first that Angus saw he had to rely on Caprice and me, he was just a little shaver. Couldn't have been much older than Abbey is now. The truth actually was that Caprice and I had him most of the time almost right from birth. His parents were completely inept, and they damn near killed him from utter neglect. I found him in his little bassinet one day, and he was filthy dirty, diaper full and overflowing, and he was seriously underweight. I picked him up and told his parents they could have him back when they were ready to take care of him. And, the truth is that they never came for him.

"I don't know how much he knows, but I held my will and my money over my son's head every so often, telling him and his nasty wife that if they didn't show up every so often and visit and try to treat him nicely, they weren't getting a cent. So they would show up and make him promises they never kept. After awhile he hated them and the visits, and when that happened, I stopped them altogether. And, truth be told, Caprice and I sued our own son for custody of Angus, and we won. Angus still doesn't know. There was no point in hurting him just to hurt him.

"So, yes. I do know how strong his tie to me is. I've always known. I'm the only one he has ever had--until you came along. He has siblings, but they were raised by nannies and boarding schools. They weren't raised by their parents either. The nannies and boarding schools were their parents' choices because it seemed to elevate their social status.
"Angus never would have fit in with them. He was far more interested in climbing trees and exploring the caves around the house, and doing all the things a precocious little boy should do. Any attempts to get him to fit into proper sort of behavior met with some of the worst temper tantrums you'd ever want to see. The truth was his parents could do nothing with him from the moment he came out of the shoot. Idiots. And he was a completely delightful child.

"He's never going to be ready to see me go. I've tried to talk to him before about it, and this is what I get. When that day happens, promise me you'll take good care of him because his heart will be a bit of a mess. And, yes, I would be happy and honored to walk you down the aisle when that day comes," he said, his eyes growing heavy. He started to slip into a light sleep.

Nigel was just coming out of Robert's room when he saw Ruby and she said Edward was sleeping.

"I'm not concerned about how much he ate tonight. The fact that he ate at all and was able to hold it down is huge progress. I haven't seen Angus but I heard him. He was a bit upset from what I heard. And I heard Kate offer to take him for a walk under the stars. Sounds like it was going to be one of those mother to son pep talks, if you want my opinion.

"Oh, and so you know, I don't expect Robert to be awake any more tonight. I'll check on him and Edward a couple times during the night. My biggest concern for Edward is his strength and watching his cardiac function until it completely regulates. Then, he just will need to regain his strength. Robert's system is having a tougher go in fighting off the symptoms of shock, probably because of the severity of the burns and because of his general chronically run down state because of his insomnia. I'll have to keep an eye on him, but he'll be alright when that stabilizes I think you can safely turn in for the night. Well done for your first day on the job."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:50 am

Ruby sat and listened to Edward as he spoke of Angus's past and how his own family treat him so porly she thought to her own perents and how they had forced her to leave becuse she didn't meet the conformity of mariage and children. " I promise you Edward, when that day comes I will never leave his side and he grew to be a good man, becuse of your perenting, I think Caprice would be happy for what hes become." she smiled when he said he would walk her when the time came but saw his eyes closing as he fell asleep.

Ruby nodded to Nigel as he spoke and sighed hearing Angus was with Kate. " thats good, I'll leave Kate to talk to him." she said when he told her she'd done a good job with looking after Edward she looked back into the room. " it was becuse care about him just as much as Angus, which makes it easy to do, I'll ask Kaden to sit with him till morning then I'll take over again." she told him " hes use to night shifts since Jessie does night patrols.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4141

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:06 am

"That's fine. If anyone needs anything during the night, my room is the one right beside Robert's--the room between Robert's room and the library. Feel free to knock. Goodnight, Ruby." He went to his room.

It was nearly an hour before Angus finished talking with Kate, but he was feeling better. He went to the bedroom and he sat down on the bed and took off his shoes.

"Sorry," he told her. "I went for a walk with Kate. I'm alright. I think she's right She said that the sooner we get Brian's house restored and we get back into our own routine, the quicker we'll all start to feel better. I've gotten to like my life, the getting up early and making breakfast, working the ranch, even the mucking out of the stalls. I like that part of my life, and I love you and making love with you, and thinking of what we might or might not do in the future. And I'm not ready to lose Edward. I don't care what he says. I'm going to keep coming, just like I know, without a doubt, he'd come for me if the tables were reversed.

"My own dad was a git, and my mum was a drunk--from what I remember. What if I screw it up? My parent were really shitty role models. What if we have kids and I bugger them up for life? It's not like we can send them back," he said, yawning, his own fatigue mounting. "What if all I have to give them is just plain old Angus?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:23 am

Ruby nodded to Nigel " good night nigel" she said and headed to her room. Opening the door she saw Angus already there and breathed out. Moving to sit next to him she took his hand in her own and listened as he spoke. " its okay and I agree I miss our room." she said then let him continue talking. " look on the positive side for now , hes here and hes healing." she told him when he spoke of children and how he thought he'd mess it up with them she shook her head. " Angus." she spoke softly as she placed both her hands to cup his cheek as she looekd at him in his eyes.

" I love you Angus, I don't want a flash brash opinionated man, I love plain Angus, his smile, how he makes me feel special when were alone, Who is teasing and polite and caring about others, human and creature, I think our kids can and will learn a lot from you, and when and if it happens I think you'd be a great dad, becuse Edward taught you and brought you up." Gently she lay him down " now rest" she said softly as she too lay down next to him her head resting on his chest and one arm over him as she listened to his heart beating letting it lull her to sleep.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:38 am

He slept the deep sleep of an exhausted man. He was soothed by her words, by her strength and encouragement. Somewhere in the middle of the night, he was awakened by hearing the sound of crying closeby.

He woke to see Abbey there, in her little pink pajamas with feet. She was sniffling and big tears were running down her cheeks.

"Abs?" he asked. "What's the matter?"

"Monster," she sniffled.

"Monster? Where?" he asked.

"In my room. Monster," she said. "I scared."

"Aw," he said softly. "You want me to go get the monster?" She shook her head no emphatically.

"He mean. He eat you," she said.

"I won't let him eat me," he said.

"I seep wich you guys?" she asked.

"Us guys?" he asked.

"You and ROObee," she said, wanting to get her name right.

"Alright," he said, unable to turn her down. "Come on." He picked her up and she slid down under the covers between him and Ruby and she cuddled tight to Angus. He fell back to sleep.

"Aggie! Aggie!" someone was bouncing on the bed. He woke to see Abbey bouncing on the bed and sunlight just starting to seep in the windows.

"What time is it?" he asked, not remembering she couldn't tell time.

"Pancake time!" she bounced.

"Pancakes?" he questioned, barely awake.

"And then we fly the horsey, right?"

"What?" he asked.

"We fly. Fly!" she stuck out her arms like wings and sang "Wheeee!"

"Oh, god, I need coffee," he muttered. "Ruby? Are you awake?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:46 am

Ruby woke to the sound of Abby laughing abouve her. Opening her eyes she saw her "humm..yeah, that Abby?" she groaned then slowly say up " when did you get here little one?" she asked chukaling as Angus spoke of coffee "well, you get dressed and I'll start the coffee and breakfast." she said slipping out of the bed and slipping on her jeans and a clean tank she looked at Angus and lent down to kiss him.

"Hey Abby, how about you and I make berry unicorn pancakes." she said holding out her hand for Abby to take. " I;ll see you down stairs, love you" she said and kised his cheek before heading down with Abby.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:08 am

"Hi, ROObee!" Abbey said with entirely too much cheerfulness for being so early, or at least that was Angus's feeling. "I come'd in when the monster came. I seep wich you guys." she nodded.

"She came in about 2:30, I'd guess," Angus yawned. "I offered to get the monster, but she said it would just eat me. So, she curled up with us and went back to sleep." He listened to Ruby bribe Abbey with berry pancakes. "Oh, bless you. You're a saint," he told Ruby as she kissed him. "I love you too, and I love you even more for taking care of Pancake Girl here. I need two minutes more." He laid back down, hoping for just two more minutes.

Down in the kitchen, Kate had coffee and tea on. She was tired. It had been a long night, and there hadn't been much sleep. She had a large bowl of strawberries she was cleaning and cutting up and was almost finished with but she hadn't decided yet what she was going to do with them.

"You two are up early," she said when she saw Ruby arrive with Abbey. "Coffee and tea are both hot, Ruby. And I have a quiche in the oven. Haven't gotten much further than that, I'm afraid."

"ROObee making pancakes!" Abbey was excited.

"Oh, she is?" Kate laughed. "And why are you up so early?"

"Monsters, Gam," she said.

"I know, Precious. There were monsters in my dreams too, Sweetie. If they come, we'll keep you safe. I promise," Kate said, giving her a kiss and a little hug. She looked at Ruby. "

I saw them in my sleep too," she told Ruby. "Not sure if that means we're going to be attacked or what. I don't know. Nigel is up already. Robert is really struggling to get his body temperature back up to normal with his injuries. Nigel has been up with him most of the night working to raise it. I think he's going to let Robert sleep a little now.

"On the other hand, Edward is bored out of his mind, and Nigel is probably going to kill him. Edward has been up, in and out of the shower, dressed, and, at the moment, he's sitting out on the porch watching the sun rise. And I doubt those things are on Nigel's list for him today...."

And at that moment, Michael came in the back kitchen door, whistling a happy little tune.

"Good morning, Ruby,' he said cheerfully. He went over to Kate, swept her close to him and planted a kiss on her and handed her a dozen apricot colored roses. "Good morning, Lovely," he said. Kate shook her head, laughing.

"This is what happens when I let you spend the night in Paris," she said.

"Well, its a cinch Robert hasn't given you flowers in a month of Sundays," Michael said "I saw a street vendor selling them and snatched them up for you."

"Thank you. They're lovely."

"Can I be any help with anything?" he asked.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:26 am

Ruby looed at Kate and frowned " yeah could be nothing or everything." she said moving to start the pancakes taking out the pan she placed it on the stover then started to mix the batter. Taking some berrys she dropped it into the batter then pored it into the pan. Poring a cup of coffee she sent it up to Angus making it set down on the night stand ready for when he woke.

"Now for Abbys pancakes," she said and smiled flipping the pancake onto its other side to brown. where she scattered a few more berries over it. she saw Michel enter and give Kate flowers and chuckled " those aer beautiful Kate." she said smiling as she placed the first pancake on the plate for abby and pored some berry sauce over it.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:39 am

"Abbey, that pancake looks yummy," Kate told her, putting Abbey at the kitchen table with her pancake. Abbey took a bite and nodded. "Is it good?" Kate asked and Abbey nodded.

"They are lovely, aren't they?" Kate smiled. "I love the color." She got out a vase and put the roses in it while Michael got himself a mug of coffee.

"Kate, do you know there's an old fart on your porch?" Michael teased.

"He's mostly harmless," Kate laughed. "We'll let him stay. Ruby, your pancakes smell divine. Can we make more for the others?"

Angus got up and dressed, sipping on his coffee while he dressed, and finally made it down to the kitchen.

"Aggie!" Abbey said "We fly now? Pleeeze?"

"Can I get some breakfast first?" he asked. She stuck out her bottom lip in a pout.

"Careful," he told her. "What if your lip gets stuck that way?" She laughed at him, thinking he was silly.

"Kate, Abbey is determine to fly the 'horsey' today," Angus said.

"If the pegasus will take you, I see no harm," Kate said. "You know horses pretyy well. Use your best judgement."

"I have to go to the estate anyway. I guess I'll have to let you know, Ruby, if I think the horse is amenible to that, and if it is you could maybe bring her? What do you think the best way to deal with it is?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:52 am

Ruby nodded to Kate "I agree" she said and smiled as she said she loved the colour. At Michaels tease she looked at him " hey thats my future garndfather in law your talking about." she teased back to him with a smirk." yes I'll make enough for every one."

On seeing Angus walk into the kitchen and Abby's reaction to him she smiled lovingly at him. Taking a plate she dished up several pancakes and drizzled the sauce over it.

"Here, sit and eat first" she said placing it down with a fresh cup of coffee for him. Listening to him she nodded " I think that sounds good, in the mean time she could help me feed the bowtruckels and pigmipuffs" she said continuing to make a pile of pancakes forthe others.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 55 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top