Student Madness - Brainstorming!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Student Madness - Brainstorming!  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Student Madness - Brainstorming!

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Student Madness - Brainstorming!  Empty Student Madness - Brainstorming!

Post by Ace A Longbottom Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:12 pm

Hey! So, lately I've been craving some more student plots, but I feel like these threads get bogged down and introductory, when really... most of the students should know each other. Especially considering the new class format, and the Ilvermorny fiasco, there's not too many reasons for students to not know each other. In fact, they really should have some history and opinions about each other.

So I thought this could be a good thread to flesh out pre-existing student relationships to encourage plotting beyond characters running into each other. I'll also be following up by making a bunch of open threads for students.

So! I'll start by describing my students, yeah? And then feel free to add yours and we can start finding ways they interact.

Ace Longbottom - 6th year, Hufflepuff, PA. If your character is in PA, they probably know her for being Christian's motivator. She's also actively recruiting so she can bring your character in. Ace is probably not well liked. She's a bit intense, a know-it-all, and constantly crusading. She was the one to really piece together something was going on at Ilvermorny.

Casey Weasley - 5th year, Gryffindor. Casey spent the entire year at Ilvermorny and went a little savage. She didn't really have any friends before she went there, but your character might remember her beating up Alexander Nott at graduation 2 or 3 years ago. A more perceptive character might notice she's going a little crazy.

Fiona Grimm - 7th year, Hufflepuff. Fiona is really shy but I don't imagine she's friendless. She probably really likes the girls she shares a dorm with, and has a few study buddies. Hitame recently discovered Finn's a vampire.

Goose Dyllan - 1st year, Slytherin. Goose is best friends with Charlie Jericho. He has a medical condition that makes him very weak magically, so he prefers classes like Herbology where spells aren't always necessary. Your character may tease him for this - in fact, I'd love for him to have a bully that he can eventually successfully stand up to. As of now, he really can't defend himself.

Margo Richards - 6th year, Ravenclaw. Margo ditches class regularly, has flunked, and anytime she is forced to answer, she embarrasses herself. However, she's never missed a party. There's a good chance she's tried to cheat off of your character's paper, and she's fairly promiscuous, so as long as your male character is either attractive or cool, that's fair game.

Molly Weasley - 6th year, Ravenclaw. Molly is Margo's best friend, but she's very clever. She doesn't exactly apply herself to school, preferring her vices, and is also a regular party-goer. She doesn't talk much so there's probably a lot of mystery surrounding her. She likes photography, so she may have secretly taken a picture of your character.

So those are my students! I may add my staff later, but I'd like to first get us all connecting the dots between our students. Smile
Ace A Longbottom
Ace A Longbottom
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 208

Back to top Go down

Student Madness - Brainstorming!  Empty Re: Student Madness - Brainstorming!

Post by Amelia Stirling Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:58 pm

Ooh! I wanna play XD I'll go youngest to oldest, I suppose.

NICOLE GREYBACK - 2nd year, Hufflepuff. Her mum is a bit crazy, and she has never met the rest of her family, so she can be a bit cautious. On the other hand, going to Hogwarts is the most fun she's ever had, and it's making her act a bit more rebellious. She's really sweet, about average at magic so far - maybe a bit below average. She could use some friends, particularly older folks who can get her into a bit of a mess.

CHRISTIAN ZABINI - 6th year, Hufflepuff. He's trying to act like he has stuff covered, but he does not. So he constantly relies on Ace but pretends he isn't doing so - partly just to keep her ego down (hah). He falls for people really quickly, but hasn't done so since Lily, thanks to Ilvermorny and trying to build the PA up again, and so on.

APOLLO ZABINI - 6th year, Slytherin. Elder twin. He's in a secret sort of relationship with Lily Potter, and they're very good at hiding it. They staged a fake break-up at his family's Christmas party, so they're even more careful about it now. He and Christian are pretty good friends with Molly and Margo, the former of which I imagine probably helped take some of the photos in his signature (XD) and the latter probably helps contribute to people thinking that he is more of a player than he is. He's never been in a serious relationship before Lily, but people tend to think that he's perhaps smoother than he really is, and assume he's up to some questionable things when he really isn't.
Amelia Stirling
Amelia Stirling
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace A Longbottom Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:11 pm

@Nicole - She should meet Goose and Charlie! They're younger but I imagine they get in trouble.

I can't remember if she got wrapped up in the Ilvermorny stuff, but maybe if she did, she looked up to Casey for all her badassery? With a protege, Casey will have more excuses for trouble. Or maybe she could become a shadow for Ace? Ace would act irritated and slowed down, but of course looooove the attention.

I feel like I'm pretty covered with the twins. XD Molly and Margo as pals still works. Margo's definitely the more social though, so when she can't find Molly, you bet she goes looking for them. Probably copies off of Apollo's potions essays. Guess who notices that. XD
Ace A Longbottom
Ace A Longbottom
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 208

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Casey Lou Weasley Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:45 pm

Would Clytemnestra like to bully either Ace or Goose? I feel like Ace's attitude could really irritate Clytemnestra, and Goose is also a pretty easy target, but he'd try to act unshaken.

I think Lucy and Fiona could possibly be casual "friends". Finn's not super friendly, but they could maybe study together sometimes in the common room and whatnot.

Margo should tag along with Claire for barhopping. I feel like Molly wouldn't like him enough to join.

And Christian and Goose need some sort of relationship, considering they're the same age and House.
Casey Lou Weasley
Casey Lou Weasley
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Arryn Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:52 pm

Lol though. Imagine Lily grading papers and she puts the pair of them side-by-side and is like "that girl.." I'd have such a laugh if Keiran saw that and was like, "What, you're not going to do anything about it? They cheated." XD He expects zero favoritism, particularly after the party.

Nicole would probably find the boys entertaining, tbh. Perhaps irksome if they were particularly childish about some things, but then again, she's only a year ahead so what does she know? XD I'd love for her to look at the pair of them and try to explain life when she knows vastly less than they do about, like, everything.

With Apollo unable to spend time with Lily, and which Chace running amok with the PA, he probably could do with some folks to hang out with, to be fair. So whatever works, in that case, is cool with me!
Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 480

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Fiona Grimm Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:28 am

@Addie : Lily would just be like "I mean, if you wanna handle it. I was just going to dock them points."

And I messaged you about Nicole and Apollo. XD

@Selwyn : That makes sense. Goose definitely isn't as sly as he'd like yet. He's subtle but not sly.

I didn't mean we need a study thread. The hope of this brainstorming is to have potential threads for the future, but mostly to establish the dynamics that these students would probably have so that they have starting points and whatnot during group or open threads, etc. Mostly for world building.

Margo's up for anyone who wants to drink. I suspect she might either annoy or entertain Clair - she really wouldn't care either way.
Fiona Grimm
Fiona Grimm
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:08 am

Jackles you're making me want to make a student charrie now!
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Cheshire Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:16 pm

Well Hey!

I know offer right now only my Cassie. She is 6th year Gryffindor. Who is friendly with basically everyone one. She is brave one and very adventures one. Oh she is smarter than she shows out to be. Not sure exactly how good she would get along with your chars, I will let you decided on this. You find her app for more info under her signature.
Cassiopeia Cheshire
Cassiopeia Cheshire
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 290

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top