What should we do about Hogwarts
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

What should we do about Hogwarts Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

What should we do about Hogwarts

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What should we do about Hogwarts Empty What should we do about Hogwarts

Post by Jess Potter Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:16 pm

It's the question on every admin's lips, but I can't remember the last time I just went out and asked all of you guys...

Hogwarts, obviously, is not doing to well, what with classes and factions dwindling badly.

Now, this is a Harry Potter site, so we can't just say "Nuts to it!" And scrap Hogwarts. No, I refuse, so there.

But we can change it to make it easier, more fun, or more interesting.

So, any suggestions you have about classes, extra-curricular activities, Hogwarts Factions or just Hogwarts in general, please... PLEASE let us know here. If we get some good ideas bouncing about, we'll try our best to incorporate them into the site!

Jess
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

What should we do about Hogwarts Empty Re: What should we do about Hogwarts

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:21 pm

Keith has Spice going! I say we see more Spice. The professors should know about it by now, I think.

Speaking of professors... more interactions with students, please? I tried, and never got responses. I'll admit, I've fallen off with that, but I did attempt to do things like separate students into interesting groupings, etc.

I also tried the Gryffindor vs. Slytherin gang. That never worked out.

I say... we bring in a basilisk. XDD
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:45 pm

That's something to consider actually, I suppose... The basilisk... could be interesting, if a little unlikely. Definitely something to think about.

As for professors, I'll try and push it a little more then, and maybe sack some people Smile
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:47 pm

Doesn't even have to be a basilisk, per se. Maybe boggart outbreak. Rogue dementors. Etcetera.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Taylor Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:59 pm

I reckon maybe now this could be a bad idea... but maybe if like the professors don't post their classes within 1 mnth they are fired from the job/ But i understand that it's also the students not attending. Maybe with jackles' idea, we could have like a Dragon or giant Dodo, trash the school, fire, explosion etc. It would bring the teachers and students together?
Chad Taylor
Chad Taylor
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:03 am

The Basilisk was what the DF's were meant to bring in last year. Technically it's cooking down in the dungeons still. However, due to inactivity, nothing happened.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Jess Potter Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:06 am

Well, that's why I'm asking for ideas destrey. I understand, for the most part, why it's not working I'm just after some specific ideas on what would interest you guys. In the past we have introduced things which involved the student body, in theory, but there was a lack of student participation to actually run it.

So yeah, general reasons and suggestions are welcome, but i'm more after concrete suggestions.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:09 am

I just don't like classes and get bored easily with them sorry Razz I don't like the constant responses, I say add something in that's weird... and make SURE it gets talked about. .like.. the basalisk idea.. or just,

You know..

Hogwarts was EPIC during the Battles.. not gonna lie >.> I miss that first battle Sad
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:19 am

Hogwarts is Hogwarts, you get what you get out of it. To me the fun in RP'ing at Hogwarts is starting rivalries with other students, quidditch, hogsmeade trips, making new friends and enemies in the hallways. I always like it better with a no closed thread kind of thing so that anyone can interact at any time. That was what was fun about Hogwarts, you could barge in on someone at a moments notice, you're in a school.

With lots of closed threads it makes the school seem smaller. When anyone could jump into your threads and change the entire outcome, well frankly, that is where the drama comes from. You wont get enemies by asking someone, you get enemies by bothering people IC.

I mean if you have to constantly worry about that troublesome Slytherin always pulling pranks and you can never get peace and quit, that is fun! I never understood closed threads, at all really, and especially at Hogwarts where peace and quiet are not an all too common thing. You shouldn't always interact with just one or two people.

Plus, even during the books, Hogwarts is effected by everything in the adult world. They are supposed to kind of branch off of each other. If it is war time, things should be intense at schools. Students worrying about their parents, about each other, where are the loyalties?

As students you have to kind of make your own adventures. The sky is the limit and the possibilities are endless, you can't say that one thing is hindering the whole process when you have the entire slate right in front of you to go on amazing adventures. I mean you write as children who are literally discovering magical things. They are in a school with floating freaking stairs, how can you not have fun!?!?!

Anyways, main point, Hogwarts is what you make it. Don't limit your ideas and just have a good time.
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 644
Special Abilities : Leglimency, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top