Potter's Army- 6th Meeting
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Potter's Army- 6th Meeting Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Potter's Army- 6th Meeting

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Potter's Army- 6th Meeting Empty Potter's Army- 6th Meeting

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun May 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Jack had wanted a meeting immediately after her first Order of the Phoenix meeting, but things had gotten crazy. School and other, and now the death of Sage. But it was the night after her death now and the pain in everyone's eyes as well as the fear shone even more brightly than it had that day.

She watched as everyone filed in, chillingly quiet. This had never been a quiet group, and here they were, practically silent. She had nothing set up but she stood in the center of the room, ready to tell her peers what next... As if she knew.

"Not long ago," she said, once the last person had settled, "I went to an Order of the Phoenix meeting. I was expecting great plans to keep Hogwarts safe, and a lot of headway. What I saw was politics and procedure. Someone saw my disappointment and said that it was okay. That we could do little things to oppose Death Eater staff and make our school better."

She paused and then continued. "Last night, Doyle pulled four students aside, one of which was me. He told us that we would be adding extra security to the halls. Protecting them. Us... Four students." She paused, wondering which students understood the weight of what she was saying.

"We are alone." She stated. "Sage's death proved that. Make Sage a reason to learn to defend yourself. You have to or her death means nothing. People are not going to help us. They want to, ideally, I believe they truly do, but that does not change the fact that we are basically alone."

She hated that she had to say all of this, but she knew it was necessary. "Basics, I don't want you doing anything dumb. Stick together, don't wander off, don't challenge someone better than you. Just play it safe. We need people to fill are shoes when we're gone, so we need you alive."

"NEWTS, I'm not asking you to do anything. I'm telling you that if you see your influence is needed, decide if it's worth the risk, and go for it." She paused. That sounded too much like the answer she had gotten from Jess... She cleared her throat. "If a Dark Follower is causing someone trouble, you go ahead and hex their ass to kingdom come. You call out those teachers. You write letters to the Daily Prophet and home and to the Ministry. Do what you can. Be safe, too, but you all know when it's worth it."

She paused again, her eyes scanning the group. "We may not have help... But we don't have to be alone."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Potter's Army- 6th Meeting Empty Re: Potter's Army- 6th Meeting

Post by Samuel Grigori Mon May 23, 2011 10:23 am

Sam had never seen the group this quiet, normally there was a slightly sombre mood at the meetings - everyone knew why they were here - but this was something different.

This time he, and everyone else in the room of requirement, had entered quite quietly, and had sat waiting for Jack to speak in near silence, with only one or two softly spoken conversations puncturing the silence.

Of course what she was saying was not what he'd expected at all. He'd known that Jack was leaving to visit the Order of the Phoenix, the group they all seemed to look up to here, and that she'd been quite excited to do so. Her reaction tonight however, through everything he knew about the group out the window, he'd always seen them as being the standing pillars of power and justice, ignoring the bureaucracy of the Ministry, and opposing the darkness of the Death Eaters.

But apparently that was wrong, and it was all the same sorts, fighting under different names.

"Only you four?" He shouted out, a look of outrage on his face. "What are they doing here, the staff?" He yelled. This had been the real stand out of what she'd said. "My god, asking us to defend the castle. Screw jinxing the Dark Followers, or whatever they're called," he said, his distaste for the ragtag bunch of emos showing, "I'll be hexing the teachers into oblivion. I'd love to get the Headmaster," he muttered, grinning cynically.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Tue May 24, 2011 1:30 am

Xemnas was at a loss for words, his mind was in totally different directions. He was happy to know that Jack was fine, but the upcoming future didn't seem so well. He knew battles were up ahead and these weren't like normal duels, these was for your life. He then thought about if he saw Naomi or Sora's dead corpse just like Sage. He would've lost it. Now he knows his upcoming duties are to get more powerful so he can protect the ones he loved and to bring order back to this home. At this moment he just wondered about other people dying, like if Jack died it'd be all over. There would be corruption and defection, without Jack all hope is gone. He decided to speak. "So Jack is there any like dos or donts, because I want to be ready when that day comes, I just dont think I am" Xemnas said in a somber tone, and his head lowered. "Is there even a strategy" Xemnas asked.
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 823

http://theroleplayzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Kubin Tue May 24, 2011 2:01 am

Jack listened silently as the Head Jack talked. And he stood there frozen as Sam shouted out at her, than another kid say something else. Jack stayed quiet the whole time. Sage's death was probably only the beginning. Maybe next they'd go for one of the Teachers.. Though Jack really wouldn't mind that. And what she said about her and three others.. that was true... But Jack wished he oculd've been chosen. But he wasn't, you can't undo the past.

"I agree with Sam. Why don't the staff just take care of it? That's why they're here!"
Jack Kubin
Jack Kubin

Number of posts : 487

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue May 24, 2011 11:34 pm

Jack put a hand out to calm Sam, but she dropped it. Hadn't the Order always asked her to calm down and relax? Like it or not, her allegiance was to Potter's Army, bot the Order. She would not stifle rebellion the way they did. Rebellion led to change. "I know Samuel. I know Jack. They should be doing something, but guess what? They won't. I'm going to an Order meeting tomorrow and who knows what they'll tell me."

"But," she said, pausing. "I want you all to trust me. I have always told you the deal, what's going on. We feel we can't trust the adults because they don't do that. But we have to trust each other. And what I'm telling you is we are in danger. The Dark Followers are getting bored and they want to hurt us. Okay? The staff is not going to help."

"But," she repeated, for their was always a but. "That does not mean we need active offense. Yet. And certainly not from anyone under the age of 17. I know it sucks because some of you are just as capable, but when the time comes, you'll get your shot. I ask it because the rest of your comrades don't want your blood on their heads. If you don't care, care enough to not make them live with that."

She shook her head. "Xem, we can't have a strategy yet. I'm demanding one from the Order tomorrow. But for now... no offense. Just defense. And watch. Always be watching for threats, listening for telling whispers. And continue to keep up constant vigilance."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Miseria Lupin Thu May 26, 2011 11:51 am

She listened quitly to Jack, looking only at the floor. Mis was standing near the wall, far away from the other students who were carefully listening to PA's leader.
Yes, she was also thinking why won't the order or the ministry do anything. They could send forces here to protect the school, but they didn't do anything. Bunch of idiots. They, the students and potter's army's members' had to do everything without any help. How great was that? Yes, there were good witches and wizards, excellent students, but there weren't many of them. If the Death eaters would strike, they'd lose the battle. Again. Like the last time when they fought for the Grimmauld's place.

Jack's words didn't make her feel better. The staff wasn't going to help them so they were on their own now.
“Well... if students under seventeen can't do anything, then What should the rest of us do? The basic spells are useless now. If the Dark Followers will attack us, I'm sure that they won't show any mercy. Those idiots want to show their bad side and do whatever it takes to hurt everyone who is defenceless or who we love.“ She finally said, still staring at the floor. She didn't want to see any disapointed faces looking at her. “Each one of us should do something, not just sit and wait for something to happen. We need to get ready. And by ready I mean that we need to practice more and more so that we can protect ourselves and those, who aren't capable of doing that...“

When the door suddenly opened, Miseria looked up, and raised her eyebrows in a surprise when she saw a Slytherin stepping in and 'greeting' everyone in a loud voice. “Showoff...“ she stepped away from the wall and moved towards the group of students, looking only at Selwyn.

OOC: nevermind my mistakes!
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu May 26, 2011 3:17 pm

Jack nodded at Miseria's words and understood the girl's desire to do something, but the problem was what preemptive action could they take? "But what can we do? We can't attack them first simply because we think they'll attack us. We're not them, I refuse to support you guys attacking other students. All we can do is do what we've been doing. Just start getting an a war mindset. That's what we have to-"

The door opened and Selwyn strode in. Jack was already a little leery about letting him join. If so many Dark Followers had not been so hostile, she would not have minded a Slytherin in the group. But with everything that had happened how could she not be uncertain. And here he was mocking a mockery of the whole group. She looked at him for a second before her arm shot out and she caught the front of his shirt. She spun him around and pinned him to the wall. (If you mind the godmode, let me know and I'll edit)

"Listen bub," she said in a low, threatening voice. "We're serious about this stuff. I get it. Making jokes is what you know. But there's a time and a place, and I'm telling you, not the time. You have to prove to all these people that you're not going to curse them when their back is turned, and you're not inspiring much confidence."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Thu May 26, 2011 3:47 pm

She had to agree with Jack. They couldn't just go around and attack those who they thought are the Dark Followers. She knew that not every slytherin wanted to be involved with this. “We can spy on them. I'm sure that they do the same. They track us down, and so can we. No, I don't mean attacking them by that, no. That would only motivate the death eaters to kill more students.“

Just sitting there and practising spells on dummies wouldn't do any good anymore. It would be much better if they'd start dueling with themselves.

When Jack pinned Selwyn on the wall, she couldn't wash off the surpise on her face. Then she just started laughing. “Now this is something new,“ she murmured to herself, and coughed quietly, cutting off her laughter.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top