Felix Barker Trial - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Felix Barker Trial - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Felix Barker Trial

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Felix Barker Trial - Page 5 Empty Re: Felix Barker Trial

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:25 am

Thaor laughed at Robert's comment. May I? Thaor asked Robert with a look that he knew meant can he torture him. Without waiting for Robert's consent Thaor went ahead with it anyways. You'll wish we were going to kill you when I'm done with you Barker. Thaor said with a laugh.

Morsomnium Thaor said, pointing his wand directly at Felix's head. Morsomnuim made the victim fall into a semi-paralyzed state, and suffer horrible nightmares, beyond your wildest imagination, this was one of the sickest spells Thaor knew, yet it was fitting, for what Felix had done.

Thaor almost felt sorry for Felix, almost but he had dug himself this grave, and now he would be buried in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Morsomnium~Felix~A curse that makes a victim fall into a semi- paralyzed state and suffer terrible nightmares for as long as the caster makes him, unless they can throw the spell off.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:35 am

Felix snorted. "Ah.. I'm so scared.." He said shaking his head. "You want a piece of me to much to let me just die here... I know you do." He said and then smiled and spit out a globful of blood right onto the Minister's shoes. "My father deserved what he got.. and go ahead and flush me.. I don't mind." he said with a grimace. "I'd be better off then I ever was here." He said with a smirk, before it was time for his 'torture.' When the spell was cast, he wasn't quite sure what happened, but suddenly he was slouched over in his chair, and images kept flashing through his head.

Naomi standing in front of the werewolves, only this time, he couldn't move and the werewolves got closer and closer, a long loud howl as they took her away from him.

"No.." Felix said softly, his eyelids flickering as he saw horrible images, but was unable to wake up or stop them.

Coming home from school to find his mother was gone, taking his younger sister with her. A note left on the counter telling him that he looked to much like his father, that he was a freak for doing magic, that he didn't deserve to live in happiness, only this time the note was screaming at him, a howler, while he lay on the floor shaking and sobbing.

The images didn't stop as his eyelids flickered, trying to wake up, and unable to, his mouth moving to words he couldn't make out. A small tear gathering in the corner of his eye, and slowly sliding down his cheek.

A girl stood in front of him, looking down at him with a huge smile, she was beautiful, and came from a great family, had a lot of adoring friends, and looked down at Felix like he was scum not worth being on the bottom of her shoe. 'What are you doing Barker? Get out of my way! Merlin, you are so stupid!' Felix stood to the side and watched her flounce down the hallway with her friends.

Felix was flinching as shock after shock of images went across his vision. Torturing being done to him. Being beat by his father, pain so unimaginable that he was shivering and shaking in his chair. The spell really wasn't supposed to do that, but in a way it was Felix's greatest nightmare, and even when he was asleep, he felt pain. It wasn't supposed to work that way, but when Felix had a nightmare, well he felt pain, and it wouldn't go away until he woke up in the morning, or in this case, the spell was lifted.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:51 am

Khaat watched as Barker had to deal with a bit of his own medicine. She didn't feel anything. No satisfaction, no sympathy, no shame. Nothing at all. Brian was partly blocking her view. She waved him away, and after a moment, of hesitation, she drew her wand and fired it at him, ending the spell for him, with a nonverbal shot.

She wasn't sure why she had ended it for him. All the hours she had spent with him wishing that he could suffer like she had andnow when she had the chance she stopped it for him. She didn't understand it.

"Khaat," Brian called to her. "You okay?"

It took her a moment to find her voice, and when she finally could utter words they were soft, quiet.

"Are we ready to resume?" she asked them softly.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22678
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:08 am

Thaor was surprised that Khaat stopped the spell. It showed that she had a lot of will power, had Thaor been in her spot, he would have killed Felix. Thaor's respect for Khaat grew tenfold, it was a very bold thing she did. Thaor took his seat, and pointed his wand to his throat. Sonorus. Court is now back in session. Thaor said, his voice magnified so the people who were kicked out of the room could come back into the courtroom.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:18 am

Felix's head rolled back against the chair when the spell stopped and his eyes flickered open as he looked around the room, hearing a voice much to loud announce that court was back in session. It must not have been Elldir who had ended the spell, and by the looks of where Khaat's wand now was, it had been Khaat. She had ended it? But that didn't make sense, she wanted him dead... why end the spell that caused pain and suffering to the man that had nearly killed HER. It didn't make sense. Felix could do nothing about the tears that were falling down his face now, seeing as they were involuntary and couldn't exactly do anything to wipe them away. So he sat up taller in his chair and tried to look proud again as the court came back into the room.

His eyes landed on Khaat with hatred and he could feel his anger making his hands clench against the chains, which were still so tight they were digging into his arms. The court looked shocked and confused, and frightened now that he had had a random outburst like that, and there was no doubt in Felix's mind that he would be sent to Azkaban for a long time for his attack on her. He didn't care though, he had had his last bit of revenge on her, and somehow he knew it wouldn't be his last run with Khaat Lupin. He didn't smile or act charming at all now anymore though, he sat up straight in the chair, and bored holes into Khaat with his eyes as he clenched his fists, the dark circles under his eyes all the more prominent and menacing. Court was back and session and Felix sat silent now, not bothering to look around the court anymore, but stared directly at Khaat.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:32 am

The courtmembers returned to the courtroom and took their seats. Khaat sat quietly and just waited. She didn''t move, didn't speak. She watched Brian and her father resume their places, their wands still drawn. If Barker moved again, they would kill him this time and there would be nothing she could do to stop it.

When they were reassembled, Khaat looked at Barker. "Do you have anything of relevance to help yourself that you would like to tell the court?" she asked. This, as far as she was concerned, was his last chance before the vote was taken. There was no other reason to keep this going. The open and shut had become even moreso. She didnt' see any chance whatsoever that he would get out of this.

She waited for Barker to reply. When she did not she spoke. "Since you have pled guilty, I do find you to be guilty of murder and of 4 counts of kidnapping and also of assault and battery. I will entertain recommendations from the court as to your sentence before I issue it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22678
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:16 am

Thaor watched the rest of the court with a rather bleak look. When Khaat more or less asked their opinions for sentencing Thaor spoke up. I feel execution, or the dementors kiss would be appropriate. But given the heinous nature of these crimes, I say we don't give him the satisfaction of dying. I say he spends the rest of his life in prison, with no possibility of parole, and no possibility of the reform program. Thaor said harshly.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:51 pm

The trial had so far seemed more like a farce to Vincent than anything else. Felix had not even bothered to plead guilty, so what was the point of the trial? His crimes were serious enough so that there was only one possible punishment. Death sentence. Well, in Vincent's reasoning anyways, Khaat would probably be more lenient. Or perhaps not, this was the man who had tortured her after all.

Still, the trial had been quite interesting. Analytical as usual, Vincent had sensed there was something wrong as soon as the trial had begun. Felix's attitude, his calm and collected demeanor, had made him uncomfortable, but it wasn't until he didn't even bother to plead guilty that Vincent began to be a bit suspicious. What was going on exactly? Vincent was sure there was something wrong, but it did not make sense to him. After all, what benefit would Felix get from being sent to Azkaban?

Vincent raised his eyebrows at Eldir after hearing his verdict. He didn't know much about him, but he did know that Thoar was a Death Eater, and wouldn't see any benefit in sending Felix to Azkaban. But then again, Azkaban was the least that Felix deserved, Thaorson was saving him from a certain death sentence. "Really Elldir? Your reasoning seems to be a bit flawed. Given what we've just seen today, I think it is quite clear that Felix is too dangerous to be kept alive. He seems to feel no guilt for his crimes, and seems half sane besides," Vincent said curtly. "Personally, I think the Dementors Kiss would be a suitable punishment."

Morsomnium, Elldir had used on Felix. Vincent was aware what the spell did, having experienced its effects once in the past. It was dark magic, and it was strange of Elldir to use a spell like that in the presence of the Wizengamot. Vincent was confused when Khaat said nothing on the subject, so he brought it up again. "Also Elldir, refrain from using torture in the court again."
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:18 am

This wasn't a court hearing, more a circus. At least, that was what it appeared to be. The whole thing appeared to be wrought with dark and underhanded dealings from the get go. When Khaat was attacked Jess could do little more than sit there with the way that Thaor had reacted, speed and precision, though good on a battlefield, had very little use in a courtroom, unless it was with words, and use of the mind.

When things had settled down a bit Jess looked up at Khaat. "That was noble, and very smart of you," he told her quietly. "If it'd continued, he'd be a martyr, now he's just a psychopathic killer," he told her, before turning to Elldir. "Khaat," he said, his eyes narrowed as he looked at the man, "I wish to make a move that Mr Elldir be removed from the court. Surely you would realise that what he just did was highly illegal," he said in a quietly dangerous tone, so that Barker couldn't hear him. "And I want a word with you after the procession Thaor," he added.

Morsomnium. An odd choice of spell, particularly when in a courtroom, that was something... well... he'd have to have words, or discuss it with the Order. That was a spell you didn't just learn off friends.

"I think that this court has run its course," he said sternly. "I move that we vote on the initial charges, we have no evidence other than what he's just said that all those extra killings and torturings took place, surely you recognise that we cannot base our rulings on outlandish statements like that without some hard proof," he told her. I also move that the punishment be death, the dementor’s kiss, after we extract more information from him.” He said
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:59 am

Narcissa had been silent for the best part of the time they’d been in the courtroom. The only time she’d moved was to swivel around to look at the Greyback boy and back around again. He looked so very much like his father. It was rather uncanny. It was just a question as to how far the apple actually fell from the tree; and was quite far from the looks of him. If she recalled correctly, it was at the end of his schooling that Fenrir began to get in touch with his, uh, wild side. She’d even remained silent when Barker had lunged for Khaat although her wand arm had twitched slightly. Mr. Elldir seemed to have everything under control, though even if his methods were a little first-wizarding-war in design and use. She would commend him though. It was much less than Barker deserved. But with talks of the Dementor’s Kiss and execution circling, Narcissa couldn’t help but feel disappointed with the group that was meant to be smart enough to know better.

“His punishment should be death should it?” Her tone was sceptical. “His punishment should be life. Life knowing that everything around him is changing and growing while he remains constant yet at the same time changing himself. Rotting. Leave him to his own mind in a high security cell. Four life sentences should be suitable I think. Say he lives to one-hundred – four-hundred years. The successors of our dear warden might be shocked to find him. Death is a far too lenient. It’s an escape from real punishment. Let him rot.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top