Felix Barker Trial - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Felix Barker Trial - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Felix Barker Trial

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Felix Barker Trial - Page 3 Empty Re: Felix Barker Trial

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:45 am

Khaat had done everythign she could to prepare herself physically, mentally and emotionally. She had decided to place her trust in Rob that he had really bound Felix' magic as was the new procedures and customs. And if Rob said Felix had no wand, then he had no wand. She believed that.

She knew that the ministry had provided her with a great deal of protection. It wasn't going to make any difference to Khaat. Not in her mind anyway. She wasn't quite certain what to expect from Felix. He had several options for behavior in the courtroom. She wasn't even going to try to predict something she had no control over.

What she did have control over was herself. She had done everything in her power to make sure that she did not show any visible signs of the healing damage that Barker had left for her. Well, she did have that walking stick. The rest of it was as concealed as magic would allow. Deeply buried with potions and spells. She slipped on her Wizengamot robes and took a few deep breaths to calm herself. He was just another two bit criminal, and this was just another trial. Just another workday. She was no more invested in this trial than any other.

And truth be told, Barker had no cards left to play. Khaat held them all, relatively speaking. The tables were turned for him today. This had been what she had wanted. She had wanted him to see that she was truly not a woman to be trifled with. That she was capable of power in her own right. That she had absolutely no fear. And the more she had thought about it, there was very precious little he could do to her that would harm her anymore even if he were free, which he wasn't.

Her court clerk had promised her that the case file and everything else she needed had been put into place for her already. Khaat trusted no one with her coffee, though. And she wasn't having any sort of proceeding without it. She had a large stoneware travel style mug with a lid that was filled with french roast. She stood, took her walking stick in hand, picked up her coffee mug and made the short trip down the hallway. Her heart had walled over. Had turned to stone. Somehow in the getting ready today, she had managed to stop feeling. She honestly felt nothing. Not that she was aware of.

She entered the courtroom to see the rest of the court assembled and, as promised, liberal security in place. Whatever, she thought. Her steps were even and steady and she made sure she used the stick very little. She walked over to her place in the courtoom and took her seat. She looked at Barker, and she found she was a bit surprised that she felt nothing whatsoever. He would get a fair trial. Well, as fair as any open and shut case could be.

"Good morning," she said to everyone in the room. "We are gathered this morning for the trial of one Felix Barker who is present in the courtroom this morning. . Mr. Barker--you have been charged with the murders of three ministry aurors--Mr. Daniel Blackwell, Mr. Adam Fitzgerald, and Mr. Paul Lockwood. You also have been charged with four separate counts of kidnapping, and three separate cases of assault and battery. How do you plead?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22678
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:40 am

When Khaat walked into the room, Felix barely gave her a glance, he was to absorbed staring at the chains on his chair, pulling one up and seeing how it contracted and pulled his arm back down, when Khaat started to speak however, his eyes flickered upward, and he looked almost bored as he listened to her give off his list of crimes. His eyebrows knitted together more fiercely and he looked right up at Khaat and said in a calm, bored voice. "Obviously you Ministry official's don't know how to count... there were at least eight aurors on a mountainside somewhere in the world, all hanging by their limbs from the sides of the cave, probably half eaten by bears by now.." He said lazily. "But as to how I plead... guilty on all charges, the kidnapping, the torture, and the killing." He said lazily, his eyes now boredly looking around the room as though there were many other places he could think of being at rather then here.

"Hmm... tell me, how are you're ankles holding up Khaat? They must hurt.. but you aren't putting much weight on them.. I applaud you for bouncing back so quickly." He said and his words were aimed not at her, but at the ceiling where he was taking in the grooves and cracks that scattered across it. After a moment though, his lips started to twitch up into a smile, and he found himself looking straight at Khaat. "I'm sorry, it just crossed my mind... did you say assault and battery?" He asked with a small grin. "Is that what you people call torture these days... next time I may have to go farther... obviously I didn't get it through your head... You know I heard of some new techniques if you'd like to model for me." He said and grinned at the talking the court was now doing, it wasn't often when a man who looked so formal, outright admitted he would most likely be killing and torturing people again. He was enjoying the shocked looks on their faces.

Leaning father back in his chair he cross his legs with grace and waited for whatever to happen, to happen, because now he was just starting to get bored. He thought there would certainly be more to it then answering a few simple questions, everyone knew he had done it, get to the juicy bits like HOW he had done it.. then he could go into detail and amaze everyone without looking the least bit insane as he said it.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:48 am

Jess looked up as Felix was lead into the courtroom, observing the man with a slight level of contempt. As he sat down, Jess noticed something, something that most of the people in this room were bound to have noticed so far, barker was looking calm, and quite at ease, two descriptions which rarely befell people who were being lead to that chair.

However, though it was rare, it wasn't unknown, and in most cases, it meant the same thing, the person being lead into the room was trying to gain a strong reaction of some sort, it was planned out, and it was to scare the people sitting on his own side of the room. Nevertheless, it was an old trick, and Jess was quite used to seeing it.

Listening to the man speak Jess raised his hand, knowing that Barker would see it. "The court requests that the Defendant refrains from speaking unless answering a question, or unless requested to speak," he said.

The words themself though, had served only to strengthen Jess' idea that this was all a show, intended to intimidate the Wizengamot itself, and it wasn't going to work.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:32 pm

Thaor's face remained emotionless as Felix entered the courtroom. Felix looked a lot different from the night that he and Naomi came into Elldir's Wands seeking shelter and a new wand. Felix looked calm, and reserved today, that was quite the opposite from the last time he had seen him, he was bruised, hair messed up, and distraut that night.

Thaor was surprised when Khaat spoke so confidently, this really will be a open and shut deal Thaor thought to himself. Thaor only prayed and hoped that Felix wouldn't blow his cover, that was the last thing he needed right now.

Thaor was relieved when Felix plead guilty on all charges, it meant they didn't have to dive into the details of the charges, and Khaat didn't have to relive everything that Felix did to her. Thaor was about to speak up to stop Felix from speaking but Jess beat him to the punch.

Since Mr. Barker has plead guilty, we can move to the punishment, yes? Thaor asked the other members of the Wizengamot. The faster they got through this, the better.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:20 am

"Allow me to amend the charges," Khaat said, her countenance completely unmoved. "Make that 12 counts of kidnapping, and twelve counts of murder, and twelve counts of assault and battery. I can and I do accept that confession, Mr. Barker. You do realize that if it is decided that you are guilty, this court does have the right to vote to execute you for your crimes. You might want to think carefully about pleading guilty to all those charges, if your own life matters to you in the least. Whether the other members of this court want to hear how you did what you did is up to them."

"Where is Naomi Greyback, Mr. Barker? And before you answer, please do not make the mistake of underestimating me that I will buy or settle for a pretense at ignorance. Let us be very clear with each other, shall we? 'I dont know' will not be sufficient.

"Let me remind the court that one of Mr. Barker's victims, Naomi Greyback, is still missing. It is not good enough for this court to allow that matter to go unaddressed"

OOC: I know I am not voting here, but I do want all Felix's crimes brought out in the open. Y'all might want to ask questions, perhaps??
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Howard Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:12 pm

The trial, as Ariel had predicted, was going to be a farce from beginning to the bitter end when Felix was inevitably shipped off to Azkaban with all of the other maddened inmates. Ariel sat back in the chair he’d been allocated by one of the many members of the Wizengamot, all of whom were wearing their dark robes and silly little hats. Ariel stood out appropriately in his emerald green suit and black outer robe. He was poised in his seat, relaxed, as he lazily watched the trial unfold. Whatever Felix’s game plan was, it wasn’t helping him one bit. Ariel could see this but he sensed the unrest in the people around him. Someone also had a paper cut if the metallic smell wafting in his direction was any indication.

The Head of the Department of Law and Enforcement – Jenifer-something – was seated with her brother – the warden of Azkaban – not too far away from Ariel. They hadn’t noticed him, it seemed. Good. Ariel knew that his presence wouldn’t be one the main Wizengamot members wanted but he had a duty to his sister to at least try and defend Felix. Whether the man wanted Ariel’s defence mattered not. Plus, he wanted to stick himself in the firing line. The Head of the Wizengamot looked less than healthy, amusing Ariel to no end. It was about time Lupin died wasn’t it? After all she’d been through it was a wonder she was still on her feet. In fact, it was a shame.

Ariel rose to his feet when his sister was mentioned. He tossed his cane from one hand to the other and leaned on it, resting the leg Gary had been kind enough to put his canines in; he was a charming man really. “Naomi Greyback neither missing nor found, Ms. Lupin,” Ariel said smoothly, “Or is it Mrs. Dent? I can never seem to remember,” he chuckled humourlessly. “I am afraid, Khaat, I can call you that can I not?” Ariel smiled wolfishly, his teeth glinting in the light of the courtroom. “That ‘I don’t know’ is all you’re going to get from Mr. Barker because with regards to his lover – my sister-‘s whereabouts, he is out of the loop. How unfortunate for you all...did you not want to prosecute her? Or was I mistaken?”
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:22 pm

"Well, well," Khaat said coolly to the youth. Now wasn't he just the spitting image of Fenrir? The apple hadn't fallen far from the tree with this rotten little apple either. "If it isn't a Greyback. I wondered which one of your lot would show up here this morning. As usual with your family, you presume incorrectly. No charges have been brought against your sister to this point. That's not to say that at some point they might not be forthcoming. But as of this morning, our only concern has been for Naomi's wellbeing."

Well, that was legally true. From her own standpoint, Khaat knew better. She knew about Naomi's involvement with Barker. But Khaat had no interest in bringing that up today.

"And as I expected, the answer that even you are giving is not sufficient. Nor is it acceptable. She was, by Mr. Barker's own admission today, taken by him. That made her under our law 'missing.' Therefore, if she is not 'found,' as you claim, she is still 'missing.' Your interest in hiding or protecting your sister is admirable, but so far you aren't doing a very good job. If you have something to offer the court, then do so. If not, please take your seat so we can proceed."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:43 pm

Thaor was a little surprised that Khaat didn't want this thing over as soon as possible. But then realized, they must try to find out where Naomi was. Thaor's wand came out of his pocket faster than the blink of an eye when Ariel jumped up. Thaor pointed his wand directly at Ariel's chest. Sit down, and shut up. Another outburst and you'll find yourself under arrest for contempt of the court. Thaor said coldly, not lowering his wand.

Thaor turned his attention to Felix. Mr. Barker, where is the last place that you knew Naomi to be at? He asked plainly. Thaor seriously doubted that Barker would tell the court where she was, but they might as well get on with it.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Howard Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:51 pm

Fenrir was clearly overly predictable. That disappointed Ariel to a degree but he couldn’t help his father’s idiocy. Ariel couldn’t help but smirk at the woman. He lifted his cane slightly and tapped it against the leg of his chair, his fingers twisting the crystal top. “Pleased to see me then I take it?” He asked. She seemed a little put off with Ariel’s presence. Good; that’s what he wanted. Ariel wasn’t there for his own benefit; instead for Naomi’s. He was the only one that would carry this out correctly. Stanley, the prat, wanted nothing to do with them and Naomi could hardly be there. “Dear old Fenrir would have come but he’s tied up I’m afraid.”

Ariel opened his mouth to reply to her words regarding Naomi but Elldir seemed to be intent on governing the whole affair. Ariel turned his mercury gaze on him and opened his arms, lowering himself slightly in a mocking bow. “Oh dear, Azkaban for me too? It’d be a terrifying experience I’m sure,” He rolled his eyes, smirking before lowering himself into his seat. Ariel dropped his hands into his lap and crossed his ankles, sweeping his eyes over to Felix, waiting for the man to speak. One of the Wizengamot members shifted beside Ariel and cleared his throat, an uncomfortable look on his face. Ariel shook his head with amusement and rested his elbow on the armrest, bringing his hand up to rest his cheek in.
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:03 pm

Khaat knew all too well how very much Jen hated werewolves. And she knew there would be no love lost for this one either. She looked at Jen very deliberately.

"Ms. Dent," she addressed Jen very formally. "I see no point in a child being present in these proceedings. This really is an adult affair. Feel free to remove this small annoyance from my presence at any time you like and do with him as you will. I'm sure you can more than cope with this poor deluded young lad. If he continues to display this need for mental health help, I'm sure there are rooms available on the St. Mungos Psych Unit for him. Poor boy."

She had been grateful that Thaor was so very quick on his feet and with his wand.

"Oh, and if he cannot behave here, then remove him at once," she told Jen firmly.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top