Felix Barker Trial - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Felix Barker Trial - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Felix Barker Trial

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Felix Barker Trial - Page 4 Empty Re: Felix Barker Trial

Post by Felix Barker Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:05 pm

Put him to death? Were they kidding? They needed him to be there. Even if it was just for publicity. They needed him to stick in Azkaban, and he knew that he SHOULD be killed for his crimes, but he wouldn't be. He was far to important for that. He was about to answer Khaat's claims against him, when suddenly the young Greyback boy who Felix had met once before directly after being captured, spoke up on his behalf. Felix's eyebrows shot into his hairline and a smirk crossed his face. Though Khaat wasn't taking his plea into consideration. "Twelve?" He asked calmly from his seat once the small uproar had quieted down. "I did not say I killed twelve, I said I killed six, three were tortured, though one of them is currently still missing if I am much mistaken, a girl by the name of Sophia Lestrange, which I only had the liberty of seeing once on the job. But as of now, she is not found, and unfortunately, however much I'd love taking responsibility for her, she is not mine to claim." He said lightly before yawning.

"Now.. about Naomi, you want the truth? The whole truth and nothing but the truth?" Felix leaned forward in his chair, looking directly at Khaat now. "I do not know where she is. My dog, Hyde, had taken her away from me the night Layton captured me. He had stunned her, and taken me to St. Mungos, only to find when he came back that the girl wasn't there. I called for my dog to take her away, and right now, I suspect that you must capture and interrogate my dog to find her whereabouts." He said lightly before leaning back in his chair.

As for the man who told him to stop talking unless spoken to, he was glad to completely ignore him and go on with the trial as he had started out. No one else had brought it up, and he wasn't going to listen to one man telling him to shut up. Smirking again he flashed a charming smile around the room. "You want a detailed account of my charges?" He asked with a small glimmer in his eyes. "I will tell you all the truth here today," He said lightly before crossing his legs and leaning back in the chair so that he looked like a king instead of a prisoner.

"I worked for Luther Burke, and was told to torture whoever he wanted tortured, when I was found out, I ran... I went to Hogsmeade, and it so happened that the Greyback girl recognized me from a newspaper picture, and almost screamed, when I grabbed her and took her back to my place. There I put her under the illusion that she was safe with me, and made her believe that I was actually saving her life by NOT killing her. She was great fun for a long while, using her as my cover, until I decided it was time to go for Khaat again. I put her under the imperius curse, and she went into St. Mungos, where she gave the guard a polyjuice potion, and made him take up the spot she had been in. After that she went up to Khaat's office with me, dressed as a normal nurse, where I had already taken Kitty Khaat out. From there we apparated to my new base. At my base I tortured, and nearly killed them both many times, until I ran into Krum. He was easy to find and easy to take, and he was soon added to my collection of tortured heroes."

It was quite the speech, but he did feel that he would go down with all of his crimes in the right order, no mistakes. "I was leaving with my faithful and enchanted Greyback beside me to go get Krum's little pregnant slut of a girlfriend, so I could kill her, when the police spotted us, and they were rescued.. after that I went on the run, and defended my life against Aurors.. SURE I took a bit of liberty at how they died.. you know, chained to a cave wall, some of them left to die by being eaten by bears. But Greyback had her want broken, and we went to a wandshop to get it fixed, from there we went back to my base, where the events already described happened. And that is the truth... kill me if you wish, but it is how it happened, and I hope you do your job correctly." From there Felix leaned back in his chair, and rested his hands on the arms of the chair, staring at the court room as though it were nothing more interesting then a the dirt on his shoe.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:04 pm

"You're not digging yourself out very well," Khaat said. "Would you care to try that math again for the court please? You have four kidnapping charges, and fortunately for you, Sophia Lestrange has survived. We know of 3 aurors you killed prior to the kidnappings. You just admitted you left 8 to die hanging off a mountainside. That's not how we found the three you already killed. So, since by your own admission, you presumed they are dead, then unless you can prove they are alive, this court presumes they are dead as well. That takes us to eleven. Now, these new six. Are they in addition to the eleven that we have count of at the moment? My, my. 17? That seems a bit farfetched even for you.

"As for that creature you call a dog, don't think we could not either capture or kill him. He seems to serve no purpose other than to aid you in the willful harming of others. The beast shall be put down when he is captured. Given no quarter. That is not something this court needs to debate. That is my choice. He will be destroyed upon sight."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22678
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:22 pm

Felix's eyes widened considerably as Khaat talked, when she was done, he sat there for a moment in silence, before he burst out laughing. A long, almost pleasant sounding laugh, that reverberated through the room. It wasn't cold, it wasn't chilling, it was actually a normal person laugh, as though he had just heard the funniest joke ever. After a long moment, he was able to catch his breath and he looked up at Khaat. "Kitty... I am not the Dark Lord.. how you added your numbers up is beyond me.. but I have NOT killed 17 people... Merlin... I haven't even SEEN 17 people between the time I went on the run and when I got here... how do you expect me to kill them? I killed the ones in the cave, that is it. I have not killed any other Aurors thank you very much." He said with a laugh.

He shook his head and pulled on the chains so that he could wipe a tear away from his eye, shaking his head with laughter still. "Seventeen.. how in the world you managed to think I could kill seventeen people..." He laughed again. "I am not a cold blooded murderer Lupin, I do not kill for fun, I torture for fun, but the men in the cave were trying to kill me, so I killed them, end of story. Killing isn't my fortay.. in fact it almost makes me sick if you can believe it. I killed.. what did I say? 8 men in the cave, and that's all I've seen of aurors... nothing else." He said with a grin. Still chuckling under his breath. "Now tell me.. because I'd really like to know, what is my punishment Kitty? I'd love to spend an hour with you before I got sent to jail.. but I'm guessing the people in this room probably don't appreciate what I do for a living." He said with a wicked grin at her, a grin that almost betrayed just how insane he was under the calm and serene surface.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:37 pm

"Clearly, you are not the Dark Lord," Khaat said. "In no way do you even begin to measure up to that. You might as well laugh at that because the parallel just does not work. And, in point of fact, once one starts to kill and gets into multiples, it hardly matters whether it is eight or eight hundred. The sentence is the same.
The charges will stand.

"Do you have anyone who is willing to even attempt to be a character witness for you or to speak for you? Other than the child who came to support you? Or any more you would like to add that might actually be effective in your own defense? If not, then we shall move ahead to the voting part of the procedure as to whether you will be found guilty or not and the court members' recommendations for sentence if you are found guilty.

"The final decision about the sentence, however, does remain with me," she said. "So, Mr. Barker, do you have any thing more to offer in your defense? Or are we through?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:30 am

Felix didn't realize it until Khaat spoke, but he was getting angrier and angrier at the woman. Not just because she had gotten away from him, but because she was acting so damn calm. His exterior was still as it had always been, but once the laughter was out of the way, he felt the bubbling under the surface. The anger that was quickly rising up, and he felt his arm start to twist in it's bonds. Barley noticable, but there, and his fingers started to rub together, like he was about to snap, but that was his only movement as he listened to the woman speak.

"Any defense? I'm afraid that I've been locked in a cell for a while, and haven't exactly had the time to come up with character witnesses. There are a few that I think could tell you a story, but I'm afraid some of them would rather not give their names." He said his eyes wandering over the crowd, before landing on the owner of Elldir's wands. It was the place they had stayed at before he had gotten caught, and somewhere in Felix's mind, he had connected Elldir with his capture, and suddenly realized that it was directly after that had happened that Layton had found them at his warehouse. The only one who knew where he was at, was Elldir. "Of course... my tongue could always.." And suddenly his arm flashed away from his body, and his wrists came free of his restraints. He was out of his chair in a flash and before anyone could even tell what had happened, he was up the stairs and had launched himself over the podium that Khaat was behind.

Within seconds he had pinned Khaat's arms to the chair and practically sat on her lap while he brought her hand to his lips and smiled into her palm. "Long time no see Kitty Khaat." He whispered in her ear before he grabbed her finger and pulled it hard to the side, snapping the bone, before he grabbed her middle finger and broke that one too. "I'll get you again, I hope you know that.. you will be mine again, only this time, you won't escape." he said with a twisted grin, his heart racing as he held her broken hand to his face, waiting for the courtroom to react to his sudden escape. It may have gotten him into more trouble, but it was a reminder to everyone in the court. He may be chained, he may be locked up, but he still held the cards, even if they assumed they had him under their watch. They never did.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:41 am

Khaat, oddly, had not been surprised. She had expected it. Her brain just numbed over, went blank. She heard him break her fingers like twigs, but oddly enough, it didn't really hurt. Well, not that much. She wanted to kill him, she wanted to speak, but her brain would not let her form words.

The world had come screeching to a halt. As if it had stopped spinning on its axis altogether. Her thoughts just seemed to freeze. Her blood froze fast in her veins. She never moved. She didn't know why. She willed her body to do something, anything, to form a word, to speak, to cry out....

But then Barker had never ever managed to get her to cry out. No matter what, he hadn't been that good. She had never made a sound. Her mind flashed back to leaving her body, leaving Eli alone, not being able to get back and how she had hovered between death and life.

She didn't feel fear right now. She didn't feel anything. She was stunned. Flat out. She didn't know why she wasn't afraid, but the fear just wouldn't come. She heard screaming and chaos and outrage and all sorts of noise. Like running feet, and, well, she didn't know what. But they were taking a damned long time to get to her. She didn't understand that either.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:24 am

Thaor sat in shock when Felix jumped up and ran towards Khaat, he had been distracted by the fear that Felix may give him up. Thaor shook his head, bringing him back to reality, he looked at the place Felix was, in the chair, then to Khaat. F*** Thaor thought to himself.

Thaor jumped up and grabbed his wand, pointing it directly at Felix's chest. DEPELLO Thaor bellowed, sending Felix flying away from Khaat, slamming against the wall opposite them. THIS COURT IS NOW IN RECESS, EVERYONE GET THE F*** OUT! Thaor screamed, as he ran to were Felix was laying. Thaor moved Felix's limp body with his foot, moving him to a face up position.

Thaor turned his attention to Khaat, Minister, I'll take care of Barker, if you'll tend to Khaat? Thaor asked, more of a direction to Robert than anything though. He gave Robert a look that meant "You can have Felix once they all leave the room."

Once everyone left the room besides Wizengamot members, aurors, and Azkaban staff, Thaor turned back to Felix. What the hell do you think you're doing?! Thaor said coldly. F*** idiot. He added as he punched Felix in the face.

Who's next? Thaor asked sarcastically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spells Cast

DEPELLO~Felix~Sends target flying
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:40 am

"Keep him contained, Elldir," Robert ordered, going to Khaat quietly. "Brian, go down to my office and bring my bag please, and a glass. I'll take care of Khaat." Brian apparated out of the courtroom. Robert walked up to where Khaat was sitting numbly, staring at Felix's form on the floor.

"Khaat," Robert called. "Talk to me." He laid his hand on her forehead and detected that her only injuries appeared to be her fingers. He took her hand very gently in his and examined the fingers. He numbed her hand and set her fingers carefully and used the spell to heal the fractures.

Brian returned with the bag and brought it to Robert. Robert opened the bag and got out a small silver flask. "Give her a little of that, Brian," He ordered.

"What is it? Some sort of potion?" Brian asked.

"No," Robert said, turning and heading back towards Thaor and Felix. "Firewhiskey." He walked over to Barker, and used his wand to lift the stunned man vertical again. He put him back in his chair and bound him in magical chains--tightly enough that it would be massively uncomfortable for Barker. "Feel free to kill him if he tries anything more, Elldir,," Robert said, restraining himself.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:03 am

Felix felt himself flying through the air and was knocked out when he hit the wall opposite him. It all went black for a long time, until finally he felt himself being brought back into consciousness. He stirred a bit weakly, and then felt a smirk cross his face. "Good..." He said hoarsely. "It was all to tame for my liking." He said lightly, his eyes slowly flickering open so that he could see the room better. Khaat was being tended to, and everyone was out of the courtroom already. He was bound to the chair again, and the chains were digging hard into his arms. He closed his eyes and laid his head back slightly, his eyes rolling up into the back of his head in what looked like delight when he felt the pain that flinched up his arms.

"Mm... good to see all pretenses are aside." He said lightly and then winced, shaking his head and realizing his nose was broken. "Ah... great, punch a guy while he's unconscious, such a bold move." He said sarcastically, head still leaned back against the seat, looking at them all with a large smirk on his face. He looked over at Khaat and smiled slightly, wincing as the smile hurt his nose. "She'll be fine, it's just some broken fingers, those heal in like, two seconds." He said with a snort, that made him wince again, but immediately he grinned at the pain that rushed up his nose. "So what are you gonna do doctor? Operate on me?" he asked sarcastically and leaned forward so that only the chains were keeping him in the chair, and nothing else. "Lucky man I am.." He said and grinned at them all, his hair now messed up and his nose swelling quickly, he suddenly looked much more deranged then he had during the trial.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:13 am

"Operate?" Robert laughed. "My boy, that's just too good for you. If I had my way, I'd just leave you and you'd eventually just rot away. If you're lucky, my collegue broke your nose, the chains might just be tight enough that they'll cut, you'll get infected and you'll just curl up and die eventually." He leaned towards Barker and said in a quiet tone. "I have no intention of touching you. Not yet. You won't pick the time just because you want to get it overwith. I will pick the time and the place.

"I think there was enough of your father to put him in a tin, if I recall. Perhaps I should put what I leave of you in an envelope, maybe? What do you think, Felix? Would you like to share some drawer space with your father's ashes? Would that suit you? Or should I just flush you?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top