Magical Artifacts Claim - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Magical Artifacts Claim - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Magical Artifacts Claim

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magical Artifacts Claim - Page 2 Empty Re: Magical Artifacts Claim

Post by Louis Weasley1 Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:09 pm

Khaat there can be more than one because there nevver where just one. I can edit my post.
Louis Weasley1
Louis Weasley1
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 490

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:57 am

Sorted via PM and denied.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:45 pm

Item Name: Flying Cape
Item Type: It is a cape, that when the person puts it on, or holds it, they fly, it can by resized by magic and put it in the persons pocket, and they can still fly.
Creation: It was started by the Jones family, in the late 1700s, Alex's Great x6 Grandfather had created it, as he needed the use to fly, whenever he was messaging a town, from his village, he then passed it down to his first born son, and the tradition went on, the person would always give it to their first born son.
Character Discovery: Alex one day had been pretending he was super man, and fell down the stairs into the basement, when he was six, he had been stuck there for a while since his parents were gone, he saw a black cape in the basement and had desided to keep playing superman in the cape, until he acutally started flying, when his parents and sister came and got him out, his father had said, "I forgot about that, it's for you Alex, your family heirloom. You are heir to that." And Alex had it ever since he was six.

Use(s): It makes you fly, to whatever speed you want, one of its cons is that if you flew around the world really fast, you might find yourself, three minutes back, or three thousand years back, that is why you always have to be careful. It is unlikley though, his family just built in a censor that it'll shock you whenever you are going too fast.
Roleplay Sample: Alex had fell into the basement, "Mom? Dad?" Alex asked out, it was dark, he looked around and sat down hoping a monster wouldn't pop out and kill him. He saw something glittering in the light, he walked towards it and pulled out a long cape, "Cool!" Alex has said, putting it on, and pretending to fly, until suddenly, his feet went off the ground, "What is going on?" Alex asked, his head it the roof, "WOW! I'm superman," He said trying to fly around the room until he got the hang of it.

Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:09 pm

Declined

Too unrealistic, falls under the category of "Enchanted muggle item" and thus would be illegal in the Wizarding World.

Also, I'm not giving someone the ability to fly at any speed at all without a broom
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:03 pm

Item Name: The Hypnotic Katana of Aguila Roja
Item Type: A sword with magical powers
Creation: It was built from a silver meteorite of the moon.
Character Discovery: In the 1600s in Spain, a school teacher, named Gonzalo De Montalvo became the Aguila Roja (The Red Eagle) a ninja who fought for justice, and save people, he became the Aguila Roja to avenge the death of his wife, who was killed by a secret order dedicated to killing the King of Spain, using the skills he had from his mysterious past, A man from that mysterious past a monk named Augustine who had taught him all he knew, had given him the sword, as the Augustine had always been like a father to Gonzalo.

When Alex had his 11th birthday, he father had given him the Katana, as a family Heirloom, as Gonzalo De Montalvo was his Ancestor. Alex had been given permission to have it, and he had hid it somewhere under his bed in the castle.
Use(s): If the user, is rightfully the heir to the sword, they can use it, but if they are not the heir the sword will become 300 pounds heavier. It is said that the sword reads the wielders mind and can comunicate.
Roleplay Sample: Alex blew the candles off his birthday cake, "Happy Birthday!" from 5 voices, his mother, father, sister, brother, and the other person Alex didn't know who but desided to keep his mouth shut. Alex blushed at his family, then his dad left the room. "Where is dad going?" Alexa asked his mom, "He's going for your birthday presents!" His mother said. His father camebck floating a whole bunch of boxes with different shapes and sizes, the first one he opened to find ear rings. "Eh, who is this from?" Alex said. Monica raised her hand, "I did." She said, "Well um, I can't have earings." Alex said. "I'll take them for you!" His sister said and took the earings.

Alex rolled his eyes and opened his present from his brother, which was a lolipop, "Err.. Thanks Juan." Alex said giving him a hug, and then his mother gave him his present, which was a brand new basketball which overjoyed Alex.

At last came his father, Alex opened it and saw a Katana inside a sheath, he pulled out the Katana, "DAD! THIS IS WICKED COOL!" He yelled, swinging it around, his Mom ducked, "It's from your mom's ancestor, it is passed down to the first son in the family, and since your uncle died it was passed on to your mom and it is yours now." His dad said. Alex smiled then heard, I am your servant Alex looked at his mom, "Mom I think this sword is talking to me." Alex said. "That is a power it has it means you are truly the heir."
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:27 am

Wait. Some of this just is not realistic. First, meteorites are not made of silver. Most of them are made of feldspar. In fact, one of the tests to determine if a suspected meteorite is if, in fact, a meteorite is to determine if it is silver. If it is silver, most scientists rule the specimen out as even remotely possible to be a meteorite.

Second, I have a believability issue with a Spanish ninja in the 1600's. It just doesn't work for me.

Besides the fact that the sword is enchanted to be basically useful only to the rightful heir b/c of added weight issues, is its only other magical advantage is that it is telepathic and it talks? Just wanting to be sure of that. What are the advantages for him of a talking sword? How does that help him? And I am presuming his dad could handle it b/c they were in the same bloodline?

And you do realize that no 14 year old would be permitted to have a sword at school, right?

How does an enchanted sword benefit a wizard who, hopefully, is good with a wand? What are the advantages? For example, most wizards would not need a gun if they had a wand. There would be few advantages to it for a wizard. Besides the fact that a sword just plain looks cool. LOL.

I'm not saying no, but the history really does bug me. And I"m not sure how it will be truly useful for your character.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22700
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:08 am

Item Name: A black flimsy leather Journal
Item Type: Albus Dumbledore's personal magical Journal on spell creation and magical knowledge.
Creation: Dumbledore's first hand knowledge on spell creation, magical knowledge, and of his spells created, 1920 - 1980.
Character Discovery: Found it on the bottom shelf wedged between to books in Obscurus Books.
https://www.pottersarmy.net/t12849-knowledge-doesn-t-come-easy
Use(s): It's a Journal that contains knowledge of magic.
Pros-
- It contains High knowledge of spell creation and magical studies.
- The person who studies the Journal has a high understanding of Spell Creation.
- That person has a higher possibility of creating the spell intended to create.
- The journal contains knowledge on Dumbledore's vast studies throughout his life.
Cons-
- The knowledge could easily end up killing the wizard if taken lightly.
- Spells still take immense amounts of time to perfect.
- The knowledge causes continuous temptation to push the limits of spell creation which could result in death.
- There are bits and pieces of Dumbledore's past but not enough to know anything personal about Dumbledore.
Roleplay Sample:
Silvyr apparated back to his home for a night to himself. He had been waiting for things to die down with the war for a chance to continue his study of his newest spell. As he arrived in his kitchen his nose was filled with the common scents of his home. He proceed down stairs to his cellar which he had enchanted with many different charms. For the spell he was trying to create he had made the room and his belonging in the room fire proof for obvious reasons. The room was also completely sound proof after he closed the door leading down to his cellar. Silvyr performed the Bubble-Head charm on himself as he descended down the stairs, a charm he could not forget to do without risking death.

He grabbed his journal from his desk and opened it to the page that was marked with the soft piece of silk attached to the top of the journal's binding. He cleared his mind completely as Dumbledore had instructed in the beginning of the journal as the beginning to all spell creation. It was clear that Dumbledore was strong in the skill of spell creation due to his near perfect understanding in the skill of Occlumency. Silvyr then thought completely on the finished results and of his intent of the spell he was trying to cast. He held his wand in his hand and pictured the way flames danced out of a fire. Now ready to begin he focused his magical energy as he continued to focus on the flames and what he intended for them to do. As the image in his mind grew he allowed it to swell until it was ready to come forth into the real world. He opened his eyes, moved his wand in the way he had scene the flames dance, and spoke the words with the force of an ocean wave coming from behind them, "Oceanus Incendio!" He listened as his mouth pronounced the words with the strength and beauty they commanded.

A roaring wave of fire backed by the strength of the ocean rushed from Silvyr's wand as it roared towards the wall some two hundred kilometers away. He watched as it filled the room with blistering heat and blinding light. He noted as it sped, how fast it traveled, until it hit rushing up towards the ceiling like a wave hitting a cliff side. Before the fire got the chance to cause him any harm he stopped the spell and cast another, "Avexio Oxygene." he said as he moved his wand in a slashing motion across the entire room. Instantly the oxygen was sucked from the room and the flames vanished. The oxygen removal spell had been one of the many spells created by Severus Snape himself. It had come in handy before, while Silvyr had been working on perfecting the new fire spell.

He spoke one last spell to finish his trial for the night. "Implere Oxygene." The oxygen returned to the room though it seemed as if nothing had changed. Able to breath again he stopped the Bubble-Head charms effects as he returned to his desk. He began writing notes of the effects of and power the spell had shaped with and possessed. The spell was getting closer to perfection and Silvyr knew only a few more trials were needed until he would be able to use it if the opportunity ever arose. He did not realize it was morning already when he had finished his notes for the night. He grabbed his coat and turned off the lights up stairs. He locked the front door behind him as he left, and took the opportunity to scan the forest quickly before apparating back to his apartment where Leah had been waiting for him in London. He took off his coat and walked over to the bed. He would only get a few hours of sleep for that night but he knew it was necessary if he ever intended on finishing the spell he had worked so hard on over the past year. His eyes closed as he dozed off into sleep for the remaining hours he had in the night.
Info:
- This is just an example for now though I do plan on creating a spell similar to this over time.
- I realize that you would fear of my miss use of this knowledge but I understand that I would need to check with an admin before creating some stupidly strong spell.
- I care for my character and I wouldn't create ^SAID^ stupidly strong spell due to effects on his body and possible death.

Last edited by Silvyr Svan on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:08 am

i need to check on this. i thought someone had already claimed this, but i just want to be sure. i'll let you know.

k.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:29 pm

Edited^
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:37 pm

I'm thinking there might well be another useful limitation on this too that could well help keep your character realistic. By my understanding of Rowling's timeline, the journal would have been before Harrys time and winding up shortly before harry was born. My thoughts are that dumbledores most aggressive and powerful spells were most likely created during what would have been harry's lifetime, as albus realized that voldemort was amping up again. he might also have done further refining on the spells that would be in the journal you're proposing. so, your character might find some useful developmental stuff in finding some of them to be a bit rougher than what we expect of albus's smooth and powerful style. it might lead to some very interesting rp.

thoughts?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top