Magical Artifacts Claim - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Magical Artifacts Claim - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Magical Artifacts Claim

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magical Artifacts Claim - Page 3 Empty Re: Magical Artifacts Claim

Post by Jess Potter Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:01 am

My thoughts on this is that it's a decent idea, but how do you plan on using it? I mean, other than personal use is there a way you want this to impact upon the wizarding world in general? Maybe aid the factions, or create a business aimed at selling spell creation, or working with the Ministry in spell creation?

Obviously you wont create stupid spells, I have faith in you for that note.

As for the realism, I think it's quite realistic. Dumbledore did that sort of thing, leave his stuff about for people to take it when he thought it would come in handy. Dumbledore, to me, did not seem at all to be the kind of person who would hide away his knowledge and allow death to wipe it out completely, rather he would have some quirky little plan, like tucking it away in a bookshelf, arranged to pass what he knew on.

Questions for content though. Does the journal have any of his spells or just instructions, and how is it identified as Dumbledore's? Again, he doesn't seemt he type to just write "Dumbledore's journal" on the cover.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:46 pm

I'll PM you when things die down on my end. I've been swamped.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:00 pm

(Decided to put it here)
*My thoughts on this is that it's a decent idea, but how do you plan on using it? I mean, other than personal use is there a way you want this to impact upon the wizarding world in general? Maybe aid the factions, or create a business aimed at selling spell creation, or working with the Ministry in spell creation?

It's something Silvyr plans on studying throughout the rest of his life and will define his character more or less. Silvyr does not wish to aid either side of the war with more weapons to use and allow them to get in the wrong hands, though that does not mean he is not working towards a personal/ group goal. This will become his Job but it is not one that people will know of. He won't be feared as a spell maker because no one will find out about it. He is not making spells for his own use. It is one of the skills that he bases his life around but never recieves recognition for. But it will be used very often in the coming months of PA.

*Questions for content though. Does the journal have any of his spells or just instructions, and how is it identified as Dumbledore's? Again, he doesn't seemt he type to just write "Dumbledore's journal" on the cover.

I have not imagined that far into the journal yet. I am going to be unavailable tonight and wont beable to write out a post of SIlvyr RPing with the journal but I can soon.

That being said I do see this instore as a mock draft.
There are spells but not ones of great power. Strong spells like tthe ones he used against Voldemort are not yet in the journal. Yet he had to start somewhere and work from ideas, such as when creating the deluminator. Plus as you know he was very gifted throughout his life and I believe there are many trial and thought processes as he thought up certain spells. Some working while others not. The journal has many different roads for Silvyr to travel and he does not understand everything it holds. Such as why somethings didn't or won't work and why others do. But that will come as he studies more in depth.

How I know it is his, was something I had in store for a post that would be of great enjoyment to me. I wanted Silvyr to find a small vial containing no more than what looked like two teears and go into one of Dumbledore's memories. It would be of him working on spells before he challenged Grindelwald in the duel that would change the ages. It would show his true intentions and why he must take the wand for himself to save the lives of others. He would show through his own experience why power is not something to play with His first hand experiences of how close he came to suffering the same fate as his old friend would prove for why he was making this journal and passing this knowledge on. In hope that the wizard holding the Journal now was worthy of the knowledge they were about to possess. In turn the journal would also require certain necessary ideas and traits to unlock sections of the Journal and knowledge.. It would be very in depth..

With the mention of this duel though, I am sure you can see now how all of this comes together. For as the world has shown, everything is connected and woven through time, I am using Dumbeldore in a very deep way. He had to of understood the time would come when another would rise such as Voldemort and he wouldn't be there to protect the world forever. Though I do not believe he thought it would be Grindelwald once again. I do believe he wouldn't leave the world he gave his life for without leaving help in many uknown yet brilliant ways.

Albur Dumbledore - I wille only truly leave this world when no one here is loyal to me. Never forget, help will always be given to those who deserve it.

So the Journal is important for SIlvyr's knew story line and you will see soon enough how it all fits together. Wink Should make for some fun writing and RPing. And I have no intentions of God Moding, so please do not worry about that.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:00 am

Ah..
i know it's a poor accusation but... YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THAT YOU WERE POSTING THE REPLY HERE!
Razz

Anyway. I'm going to accept it, as long as you're not a total prat about it once you have it.

But yeah, sorry for having it pending so long, I didn't see the response here.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:46 am

Whight's Journal: Has endless pages and information from any other form of script can be transferred into the journal for later reading.

My RP sample spoiler thing tells more about it. -https://www.pottersarmy.net/t12915-linstrum-whight-yngve
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 211
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:09 pm

Righto. Well, there is a form here, and I do need you to fill it in so that I can add it to the list, so please do so.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:37 am

Item Name: -- Journal of Endless Pages
Item Type: --Whight's personal journal.
Creation: An old writer became tired of having to keep track of all the words he wanted to write in different books. He wanted one book that could hold all he needed. After the proper spell was found, the book was given to ability to do exactly what he wanted. This ,of course, was not successfully done on his first attempts but eventually his his idea followed through.
Character Discovery:Whight was given one of the journals as a birthday gift.
Use(s): The book has endless pages that can be written on. Script from any other book can be transferred to the journal by wand for later reading. To find what you want in the book one must place his fingers on the index page and think about what it is they wish to view and page numbers will be produced. Whight is the only one who can view it's content unless he shows it to someone himself. When someone else tries to view it's pages they only find scrambled words.
Roleplay Sample: My character wants to have something that he can read back on when he memory fails him. He also wants to be an information go-to guy. When someone needs the answer to something Whight wants to be there with the answer on hand.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 211
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:38 am

Ithankyou
Jess Potter
Jess Potter