Bridging the Generation Gap - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Bridging the Generation Gap - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Bridging the Generation Gap

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bridging the Generation Gap - Page 8 Empty Re: Bridging the Generation Gap

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:57 pm

No," Robert said calmly. "It's not about Turkey. This is about Khaat. I'm sure of it. Remus,, we see it. Ruffle the curtain if this is about Khaat." The curtain was still for a moment and then moved seemingly by itself.

"Remus, we know. We're working on it. Is she in Whitehall?" Robert asked. The curtain moved again.

"In the basement, right?" Robert asked. The curtain moved again.

"That's what we thought," Robert said. "Remus, is she alright?" Robert waited, but the curtain did not move. Robert repeated the question and got the same results.

"Remus, tell me. Are they hurting her?" he asked. The curtain moved more vigorously than before.

"I get it," Robert told Matt. "He's telling us to move our arses. Stay with her, Remus. We're coming." The curtain ruffled slightly, and the smell of the aftershave faded.

Robert laid quietly for a moment. "That's the first I've heard from my brother since before his death. He must have gone to extravagant measures to try to reach us. He's never done that before. Something is quite wrong. She's been through near death scrapes before, and he's never tried to reach me. Something here is quite different. We may not find out what that is until we reach her, but it seems that he believes time is of the essence. And he seems to believe this is quite dangerous. Dangerous for him to reach beyond the veil to try to reach us. Let us keep this between us, shall we? I have no desire for either of us to be locked away in my psych ward."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:18 pm

Matt nodded at Robert, he'd rather keep this new job for more than a few months. There was no need for him to take a sick leave...indefinately. Well...Matt wanted to get going now but then again he'd rather not leave Robert. "Robert, I think I might go and see this Michael friend of yours." he told him standing back up and putting his wand away. He was a little creeped out about the last experience...he had never experienced it before. Althought it seemed oddly familiar..like it actually had happened before. He shook the feeling off and looked down at Robert. "The sooner we rescue Khaat the better right?" he said looking at the curtain...just staring. As thought someone was waiting for it to start moving again. Perhaps a voice to even speak out and make up his mind for him. Leave Robert and save Khaat or make sure Robert heals.

He looked down at Robert, "Remus certainly is extaordinary....but if he can do that my Aunt can as well." he sighed. "Which now worries me slightly." he added quietly. He shook the feeling off for the second time in ten minutes and gave Robert an assuring look. "Get better soon Robert, unless you'd like me to stay for a while longer. It seems as though you don't have too many visitors." he said. He realized something....there were high chances he'd be working with Rob. Ah well screw it, he wasn't Minister anymore. He could care less what anyone did anymore.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:34 pm

I wouldn't worry about your aunt," Robert laughed. "I doubt very seriously she would be interested in ruffling the drapery. That just did not ever strike me as being her style. You have to remember that Remus pretty much devoted his life to Khaat from the time she was born up until he went back to teach at Hogwarts that year. And Dumbledore had to really do some talking to get him to do that. I never did get any sort of chance to really father Khaat very much while Remus was alive. He was, for all practical purposes, her father until his death. I am not in the least bit surprised that he would try to move every power in this world and the next to protect her if she were truly...." he stopped midsentence. "That's what he's trying to tell us! She's completely unable to help herself. If we don't get her out, she won't get out. Not alive, anyway. I don't know what they've done, but most likely they've blocked her magic, for starters. And I refuse to let my imagination wander to what else might be going on. But that's the real message. She's completely unable to help herself, and this one is on us."

He sighed heavily. He really and truly did need to find a way to get the hell out of this bed and get to his daughter. He looked at Matt. "I have an enormous favor to ask. You won't like it. But...apparate me to Khaat's old cottage in Hogsmeade. Please," he asked softly. "Michael will take care of me there, and you can meet him."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:31 am

Matt was caught aback at Roberts sudden revelation. He had started talking so quickly he almost jumped. However he did listen and did understand the predicament. But when he said Khaat was alone and helpless Matt's eyes flashed Red and then returned to normal. He would be willing to do anything to help Khaat, even if it killed him. That was it, there were few people he'd be willing to die for. Khaat was on the list...right after Soph. He wasn't going to list any in his head due to the fear of it happening. He was worrysome when it came to his family. They did have a track record of getting kidnapped. In fact he was sure that Soph and Emmy were holding a record right now since they became a part of Matt's family. But he shook the thought and returned to reality. Robert had asked him to apparated them both to Micheal's place.

"Sir, I can't do that...however you are my boss; and I do aim to please." he said grinning. He put his hand on Roberts shoulder and pulled out his wand. He focused on Khaat's old cottage, he had been there once. He had just been inside breifly after Khaat wanted to pick something up. He apparated them both there and they were in the middle of the living room. Micheal was smoking a pipe and sitting on a chair...he looked surprised. "Uh...hello." he said putting Robert on the couch.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:57 pm

Michael seemed almost completely unphased at visitors apparating in suddenly. He took a puff on his pipe looking at them, calmly, and replied. "Bloody hell, Ozzy. I thought we left you in one piece at your hospital. How'd you coerce this young bloke into your escape? I'm MIchael. Make yourself at home, Boy. And who might you be? And how did you let this dotty old man talk you into breaking him out?"

He looked towards the empty dining room. "Oi! Move your bloomin' arses! We've got company! " The tea mugs flew to the kitchen, and Michael heard the teakettle snapping to attention to brew tea. Robert settled in on the sofa and raised his eyebrows at Michael.

"I've improved on Khaat's enchanted furniture. I've just enchanted bloody everything now," Michael laughed as the ottoman ran in, barking and wagging its tassel at Michael. It had the evening copy of the Daily Prophet in its mouth, such as it had a mouth. "Thank you, Otto," Michael said, taking the paper and petting the overgrown footstool.

"He works for me,' Robert said, in regards to Matt.

"Ah. Intimidation works wonders," Michael said dryly. Not that he thought this one intimidated easily. Quite the contrary. For his barely-dry-behind-the-ears obvious age, he had already clearly had his share of seasoning, Michael instantly saw. And he respected that.

"Ozzy looks like he'll live at least til tea. And then we can talk business properly over tea. So, until then, tell me about yourself, Skinny." he looked at the young man.

OOC: I love Michael. He has to nickname everybody. lmao
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:03 pm

OoC:Skinny? I mean....skinny?!?!

Matt collapsed into an empty chair and took a deep breath. He had apparated two people at once before but this had drawn something out of him. It was probably because he really didn't know much about the cottage. He sat back up when Michael reffered to him as "Skinny". He looked down at his arms and stomache...he wasn't that skinny was he? He shruggde it off and looked at the man grinning slightly. "Uh, my name's Matt. But if Skinny sounds nicer too you then feel free to use it." he told him. He rested his arms on the armrests and sank back down into the chair. "I'm director of Mental Health Servies at St. Mungos; and a good friend of Robert and Khaat's." he finished telling him.

His eyes wondered around the house, stopping to look at portraits of the Lupin family. He also noticed a few touches that Micheal must've added. Well he was living there so it was natural he'd add some rather odd things on the walls. He spotted a rather large crystal over a fireplace and couldn't help but gawk at it before moving on. There were many things in the sitting room they were in. The house seemed busy...well it sounded so anyway. He could hear cups and kettles moving about in the kitchen and looked towards the kitchen itself. He was looking at Robert now, regretting taking him here. He was much safer at St. Mungos...but he barely knew the occupant here. "Robert asked me to take him here. He said, and I quote, "Micheal will look after me." So I'm sure you're pretty tied to that now." he told him. "He also said I could be of use to you..." he finished.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:33 am

"He nicknames everybody," Robert smiled, "And take it as a compliment. He has created worse."

"Well, if you're a friend of their's, that's good with me," Michael said, as the teacups floated in, filled with tea, and served themselves to the three of them. The creamer and the sugar bowl followed, with spoons and napkins close behind and settled on the coffee table. "Well done," Michael told them. "And as far as Robert goes, he's safer here with me than he is laying in plain sight in his own hospital where everyone knows where he is. I've hidden Kate and Abbey and Dakota already. They won't be found until I go get them."

"Michael is an expert at stealth, Matt," Robert said. "He gets into and out of places other wizards won't even dare to dream to go. If anyone can help, its him. Michael, what do you need?"

"I have every reason to believe that we will need to get into the deepest part of the muggle British government. So tell me, Skinny, how are your connections with anyone at Whitehall?"
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top