Bridging the Generation Gap - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Bridging the Generation Gap - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Bridging the Generation Gap

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bridging the Generation Gap - Page 3 Empty Re: Bridging the Generation Gap

Post by Michael Tremaine Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:20 pm

"Well, then, let me cue you in on just a wee bit about your leader there. His parents are dead. His father was murdered when he was a wee boy, and his mother was so devastated that she killed herself less than 30 days later. He has a younger brother and a younger sister he never sees. By the time he was 8, he was an orphan and taken in by the Lupins. Robert and Remus and Kate raised him. When he says heand Khaat grew up together, he means it--as in the same household. Robert and Katherine wanted to adopt him but Brian was a angry young lad who was driven to want to someday solve his father's murder. That is a large part of why he has become the fighter he is today. It is also a massive part of why he is so devoted, completely and shamelessly, to the Lupins.

"I do believe, Texan, that you hit that old scar for him of the fact that he has tragedy in his own life and learned that there were people worth trusting even if you didn't know everything about them. The Lupins, to him, will always be his family. I think he feels like you didn't trust him or them. And, I think he sees himself as not just your leader but your friend. I think he feels betrayed. Like he gave you all he was and all he had and it still wasn't enough for you. He feels if you had trusted him, as your leader and your friend, you would not have responded as you did earlier. He saw it as a slap in the face not only to Robert but to him as well.

"And let us not forget for one moment that he feels solely responsible for Khaat's kidnapping and Robert's near death experience. His job is to run that organization with flawless precision. He feels like he's failed Robert and Khaat both, and that puts him feeling pretty low right now. Why else do you believe he is letting someone else run this show to get his lady back and not him? Ever think about that? He doesn't believe he can do it without getting her killed. And without Robert to guide him, I'm it. It's fairly simple."
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:52 pm

Steven sat listening to him as he told them of brians hystory, now he understood and sat back taking it in that Brian was not too diferant from himself. From the struggles threw his life to finding that one girl of his dreams. He hung his head and looked to the kitchen wondering if he sould go and apologys for being such a jerk , he knew he could just blame his headaches but that would be just as excuse. He had been ajerk and deserved all Brtian gave him, he did trust Robert and Brian and had been fool to question him in anything , that was one thing he would never do again , ever.

Jack listened and whistled at Michaels discription of Brians past "hes had it bad" he said thinking his was a dream compared to Brian's jack now understood him better even though he respected him and would follow his orders since he adh Robert hepe him when his wear side got out of hand.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:17 am

"Something else you should know." Michael said. "When Brian feels like he has a hopeless situation facing him that he doesn't know how to deal with and he feels it's besting him, he smokes. Do you know, he has never one time smoked in Khaat's presence? Not one time. Never felt the need to. Robert knows he smokes on occasion, but he's never seen it. Robert always seems to rescue him about that time. I suppose I need to go be Robert for him at the moment, don't I? Excuse me one moment."

Michael went out on the back porch, drew a cigarette out of the pack and sat and smoked it with him. Michael didn't really smoke either, but he ould certainly make a great pretense of it if he needed to. He spent several moments talking quietly with Brian giving him the words he needed to hear, the pep talk that he seemed to need in order to believe that Khaat was still alive and that they would get her back. And more than that, he needed to hear that neither Khaat nor Robert would blame him.

When the cigarettes were gone, Michael wrapped his arm around Brian's shoulder and brought him back inside, telling him to keep the cigarettes and the lighter. "Alright then. Back to basics," Michael said. "One of you needs to bring me the slightest word if there is any sort of demand or ransom from Burke. Burke will probably try to infiltrate St. Mungos to get to Robert. First of all, Robert doesn't need that sort of fright right now. One of you needs to intercept anything that comes there and needs to protect him around the clock. Its going to take me some time in order to figure out where our best bet is for where Khaat is being held. One of you needs to do a bit of investigating to see if you can get some new, updated information on Burke and his family and his movements. Any volunteers?"
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:23 am

steven though for amoment then spoke "I could stay at the hospital "he said "Ronata my wife is known there it would not seem out of place if im there " he said then looked at jack and sighed as he ently gpoked him to reply.

"huh, ow, right yes, I'll sniff around , no pun inteneded , unless Brian you wnt to do that, im happy to come with, Jess is all right with the kids " He said happy to have it that way he wanted to know that what ever he got into she would be safe with his kids at home.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:35 am

'That sounds like a good plan to me," Michael said. He looked at Brian who looked a bit lost and clueless. Michael was a bit surprised that Brian had not pulled himself together. He always pulled himself together for a mission. Always. No matter what. This was new to see from him.

"Brian," Michael called gently. "What do you think you should do, me boy?"

Brian looked up, his face blank. He'd been thinking of Khaat, wondering what was happening to her right now. She had been so weak before she had been taken, and he knew that even if they offered her food and water, she would never accept it. Even if they did try to be kind to her, she wouldn't trust them. Did she really have as much time left as they needed? And could Robert stand the strain of knowing Khaat had been taken? He had no desier to lose either of them.

"I have no idea, Mike," Brian said softly, looking down into his coffee cup.

"Very well, I'll tell you then," Michael said. "Get a medical bag together. Put some food and water in it. When we find her, she might need it. You said she used herself as life support for Robert. She'll need help. Stop thinking about how much time we might not have and think about what we need in order to be ready to move. Oh, and go get my equipment ready. Get enough for anyone who goes along. Ropes, Grappling hooks, gloves,...oh, hell...you know the drill. We're doing this the old fashioned way. Screw the high tech stuff. We're doing it old school."

"Old school? But they're all...."

"I know what they're all about now. We're not using it. We're doing it old school. Go get the gear. And double check the ropes and the carabiners. We don't need an equipment failure. Check the safety lines yourself. You know what I use. Get us each a bag. Go on. Make yoursel useful, Lad. Its all downstairs." He watched Brian move downstairs to the cellar.

"He'll be alright," Michael said. "This is new ground right now for him. A mission to rescue a lady he loves. He's never had to do this one before. He'll be fine, though. What questions do you boys have for me?"

Last edited by Michael Tremaine on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:43 am

Steven nodded and watched Brian he seemed to be a totaly diferant man than he was use to , he now realsied just what a hold Khaat had on Brians heart and smiled it was like Ronata and himself his heart was stronger for knowing Ronata but he also knew the pain Brian was going threw at not knowing about Khaat as he to felt it the wonering and worring but he knew it would do no good.

Standing he moved to the basement and Brian "Sir I ...I just want to say I won't let you down,COB" he said looking at him hoping he'd understand he was trying to meant there freind ship "I'll position my self at the nurses desk , best vantage spot " he placed his hand casrefully on his shoulder and shighed "we'l find her and bring her back to you" he gave a reasuring pat and moved back to the living room.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:09 pm

"I believe you," Brian said, taking several large coils of climbing rope off of Michael's shelves. He grabbed black nylon climbing packs, grappling hooks, great handfuls of carabiners and began assembling climbing ropes, one for each member of their little platoon. Michael had been right. He needed to be busy. He needed to keep his mind and his hands busy.

"Your best vantage point is at the door of Robert's room so that you can see inside simply by turning your head, or down the hallway by turning your head the other direction," Brian said quietly. "Choose what shift you want, and I'll send Owens and Talbott to relieve you for the other two. I don't expect you to stay for more than 8 hours at a time. More than that, and any man will be tempted to get tired and sloppy. No offense intended. I' may have a second man stationed at the nurses station so that if you need a break for any reason, for coffee, or whatever, you have a backup. Or in case of trouble. Personally, I think Burke wants something. I dont' think he'll want to harm Robert--not yet. I think he'll want to contact him. And as long as Robert would come to no harm, it might be worth our while to allow him to do it. As soon as Robert is stronger, I'll have to tell him....He'll have to know...." His thoughts became a bit preoccupied again now, thinking of how Robert would react to Khaat's being taken. "He'll offer himself up as bait..for her. I know him too well not to know that. You have any experience at mountain climbing? I wonder if Jack does. I really should have included that whole grappling hook and climbing bit in our trainings. Stupid! "

"Brian!" Michael's voice was sharp at the top of the stairs. Brian recognized that Michael was deliberately reprimanding the young leader for his self doubt. "Don't forget gloves. The pocket sized first aid kits, harnesses, stoppers...."

"I know the drill, Mike," Brian called back. He pulled up a chair in front of the shelves and decided to go ahead and just assemble the ropes now. Then he looked at Steven, "Go to the farm, would you? Go to Robert's study and you'll find Robert's tan leather shoulder bag hanging on the hat tree in there. That's his healing bag. Bring it back. It will have everything we can possibly need. Then raid Kate's kitchen for her dried fruit, some of her homemade granola bars or her trail mix, some chocolate...some waterbottles, whatever you can find that would provide Khaat, and us, some quick nutrition if we need it. Things that will keep and that we can use at a moment's notice. Bring it all back. I'll pack it in the bags. Oh...and, just in case? Stop off at the house and bring a whole change of clothes for Khaat, with her jacket. The last I saw her she was covered in Robert''s blood from head to toe. She'll probably need fresh when we find her. And send Jack to snoop around Knockturn Alley. See if he finds anything there."
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:01 pm

Steven looked at Brian and Michael "Cob I do know how to mountain climb and i think i rember jack saying he did too" he said tuirning to face michael as he spoke "yes sir i'll go now" he said and moved out to the front door and back to roberts farm and down to the study looking around he whistled at the stuff he saw seing the bag he took it down sliping it over he shoulder , then moving quickly out he went to the kitchen and grabbed a box placing the garnola bars he found in it and then found the trail mix placing some in several bags he placed those in the box, placing both in the bag. Making sure all was locked up he headed to brians house .

Aperating to teh porch he stepped insde ahd straight up to brian and khaats room taking from the draws, exatly what Michalel had asked for a complete change of clothes for Khaat he placed them in a small holdall and looked for the jacket finding it hung on teh back of a door , taking that down too he sliped it into the holdall and aperated back to the house. placing the holdall down and the medicine bag he walked over to michael " you'd better look after this" he said and handed it to him he knew all to well robert might have some powerful stuff in it and he wasn't adept enouph to handel such stuff
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:22 pm

"Ah, well, Brian is the master at all of that business," Michael smiled. "But he's thinking again. That's a good sign." He looked in the other bag. "That's my boy. Back to business. He's thought of a quick energy boost for her if she needs it, and her other basic needs. Good lad. He's got his mind on the mission now. " Michael did open the medical bag and inspected it. "Robert's got everything in here but an operating room, Michael laughed, "And I wouldn't be surprised if one of these odd bits isn't a surgical kit transfigured into something unrecognizable. He leaves nothing to chance."

Brian brought up seven missions bags and he put them in front of Michael. "You want to check them? They're all alike," Brian said. Michael picked one at random and inspected the contents and the climbing ropes, the hooks, the knots, it was all well done. "Excellent work, Lad. Well done. Now, each of you take one and stash it where you can get to it in a moment's notice. Steven, take one for Ronata as well. I'll drop one off to Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. Although, my best guess is that Tinkerbell has her own gear. Ah, well, we don't want to leave anyone out, do we? Now, Brian, me boy, I need you to go scout around that ministry while there is no one about and see what you can find out that might be helpful. Our Ministry of Magic might be of use to us. Leave no stone unturned. Jack, Brian is right. Go snoop about in Knockturn and see if you turn up anything, even if it is just bits of gossip. Steven, off you go, then to safeguard our Captain. You all know how to send up an SOS." He motioned to his own medallion about his neck. "Questions?"
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:56 pm

Steven listened keeping two bags beside him one for him and one for ronata , he could not help smile at Michaels nick manes for rob and jen he felt they fit to a tee. He nodded and moved out side both bags over his shoulder as he aperated to the hospital and over to Ronata who still sat beside Robert Steven slid a bag under her chair as he lent over snd kissed her she kissed him back but never took her eyes of Robert as steven placed the other beside the door to look out up the hallways.

Jack nodded watching steven leave, he moved to the floo and took the powder , pausing he turned to face Michael and Brian "Cob we'll find her with all our recorses im sure we will" he threw the powder into the flu and called out "Knockturn alley" he said and with a nod and wave he stepped threw .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top