Bridging the Generation Gap
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Bridging the Generation Gap Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Bridging the Generation Gap

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bridging the Generation Gap Empty Bridging the Generation Gap

Post by Michael Tremaine Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:26 pm

Michael had decided an operations meeting was needed in regards to Robert's hatchlings. He saw enormous potential in them, but he saw a lot of raw, youthful energy in them as well that needed to be harnessed before they got Khaat or themselves killed. And without Robert's expetise, which he saw that Peter Pan and Tinkerbell obviously resented, the time they had left for experiencing life on this mortal coil might be seriously limited.

Therefore, he had invited them to gather at the cottage that he was renting from Khaat, through Robert. He understood that this was where she had lived upon coming out of exile after Remus's death. It was also where she had lived while she was going through the motions of being married to Peter Pan.

Michael had never lost his great love for Khaat. Robert and Katherine had never published the fact that he and Remus were her godfathers. Her godmothers had been Minerva McGonagall and Sybil Trelawney. After Remus had passed, Katherine and Robert had asked Flint Kenelm to take Remus's place as her other godfather. She had been, all her life, surrounded with tremendous love. Michael had been quite ready to go battle against Khaat's husband when the news had reached him about what a great giant git Robert Andrew Dent had turned out to be. However, after meeting the lad, he felt no burning desire to draw and quarter him anymore. Like the others in Robert's band of little merry misfits, Pan had tremendous potential that he simply had not ever found himself pushed to use.

Besides that, Charlotte Whitlock, he was quite sure, had never made it easy on Peter Pan or Tinkerbell either one. Michael, Robert, and Flint had all attended Hogwarts with her, although not in the same house. The three playful rogues had all found themselves desiring to try to treat Charlotte with a modicum of respect and understanding, and that was not something Whitlock had gotten from many of her counterparts during her years at the wizarding school. Personally, Michael had always felt that Charlotte had had more than her share of trauma and life altering obstacles. Surely her children had never quite gotten the chance to bloom and blossom like all children were entitled to do. Although, he reconsidered, Tinkerbell, for all her apparent trauma and scars over her young and tender heart, did not appear to be doing too badly for herself. He found himself, for the first time since Khaat, having a burning desire to take her underwing and file away some of her raw edges by mentoring the tiny fairy. He decided that when he got to know the pair well enough and had evaluated for himself if they could bear up under the news, he might actually tell them what had become of Joseph Dent and where he was living now. He wasn't going to do it unless and until he was sure they could cope with what had become of him. Besides that, he debated on whether he needed to go visit Charlotte and tell her first.

Today, he had brewed a large pot of coffee and one of Earl Grey, which was, in his book, the only proper tea blend--even though he liked Robert's flavored blends and drank them for fun or for his choice of a dessert. He had bought a great box of scones, petit fours, tea cakes, and cookies from Khaat's bistro, and had found the cook, Lizzie, to be quite charming. She had been enamored of Michael and was more than eager to open an account for him there. Since then, she had been apparating breakfast daily to Michael and seemed to be taking great pleasure in surprising him and sending delightful baked goods to him at no charge. Michael liked to cook, but he didn't like to bake, so it all worked out well for him in the end.

He drew out some of the large stoneware mugs Khaat had had when she lived here. He loved Katherine's work, and he loved the oversized brightly colored mugs. They were so much beter than the dainty little Royal Dalton that most of the British muggle hotels considered proper. He needed no formality in his life. He had come to love Khaat's cottage and her sense of casual, country decor along with not only Katherine's wonderful artwork, but he had even come to love the enchanted furniture as well. Especially Otto. And this morning, he had let the cokerspaniel/footstool out into the garden for a run. The ottoman, Michael found, needed a daily run or it would eat his shoes in frustration.

He put the mugs, plates, napkins, and cutlery on the coffee table along with a large platter of Sparks'sbaked goods, cream, sugar, and th rest of it. He had laid the contents of his mission to Robert's study in front of him on the coffee table. Several manilla file folders and a book. It was about time for the debriefing to begin. Once Michael had read the information Robert had passed onto him, things had become a lot more clear. It was time the hatchlings knew too.

Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Bridging the Generation Gap Empty Re: Bridging the Generation Gap

Post by Steven Walker Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:11 pm

steven aperated to in front of a cottage he had not been here before but had been told it was Khaats old home. As he stood out side he could see that she had certainly left her mark on the place. Just like Khaat he was impressed. walking to the door he reatched out and was about to knock when he heard the sound of some one else aperating behind him qwuickly tutneing he saw Jack and nodded that he ahd seen him.

Now together they knocked on the door and stood back waiting. Steven had not met this michael tremaine before and so was a little hesitant, he had ditched his stedsan and was wearing nothing he felt it didn't call for one being evening and he wore his new shorter denum jacket with the fleece linning against the now cool air.

His mind went therw senarios and plans as he stood beside jack the one person who as he though he could count on he aqh been with Khaat even before he had woke from his coma . Hewas still sussing him out though as he sem to have problems with his inner demon on several occashions.

she moved from his left to his right foot his muscle still giving him trouble no matter what he took or did a slight sting still remained.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:30 pm

Brian apparated to Khaat's old cottage, to join Steven and Jack there to see Michael. Michael always came and went rather unpredictably but he had liked Michael and had almost not recognized him when he had shown up at St. Mungos when everything had gone so wrong.

"Good to see you," He said to Steven and Jack. "Michael is an expert in missions that require stealth and secrecy and speed. He could be a great help to us if we team up with him. He's a good guy. Suppose he still has Khaat's magical ottoman?"

Michael opened the door, with Otto almost dancing behind him with excitement. Michael heard the scuffling behind him and looked to see the overly excited footstool. "Cool it, Otto," Michael said. "If you're good, I'll give you a sock to chew on." He looked back at the men at the door. "Come in, Gentlemen. Make yourselves at home. Sit. Help yourselves to coffee or tea. Otto doesn't get to see many visitors these days. It makes him excited."

He let them all in and sat down in one of the wing chairs in front of the fireplace. Otto raced to sit in front of Michael, waiting for Michael to put his feet up, something the footstool clearly enjoyed for some reason. "Just a moment, Boy," Michael said, "Business first." He flicked his fingers to summon his tea mug from the coffee table, and accio'd the files. He laid the files on top of Otto. "Don't spill then, Otto," Michael said sternly.

"Oh, the baked goods are from Khaat's bistro. Help yourselves. Lizzie promised me she just baked them this morning. I suppose you're all wondering why I asked you here."

Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:59 pm

Steven heard Brian aperate in and nodded as he spoke of michael and then affectonaly of the ottamon. He could not help smile himself rembering how it played with John when they were getting to know each other when he was brought back to him . "Yeah " was all he said as he saw the door open and maichael standing in front of him Otto bouncing behind and smiled rembering how he had done the same with him when he arrived back then. He moved in and sat down waiting to find out just what was going on. He took a cup of tea now he knew micheal had taste and sat back.

Jack smiled at Brian and Michael as he saw it open, as he stepped inside he gave the ottoman a freindly rubb as if on its head and chuckled as he moved to a spot to stand he hated sitting for too long and now stod in the room he could stil pick up the faint scent of Khaat stil in the room even now.he shook his head at the tea and baked goods he knew if jess found out she would give him a roast ing she had told him if she was getting healty so would he.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:37 am

Brian moved in and poured himself coffee and made himself at home.

"I'm glad you all could make it," Michael said. "So you know, Kate sent me to the farm when Robert was wounded. She said that before he went unconscious, he was very specific that I was to retrieve some things from him. He was specific that these things might help you. He obviously had no idea Khaat has been taken, and I didn't tell him. Not yet. But there are some things here that you will need to know. The others will need to know when they can make it.

"So you know, Robert and I were schoolmates. We've known each other for years. Very few people know that I am Khaat's godfather. I have an interest, just like you do, in making sure she gets home safe and sound. As you see, Robert sent me for these--the files and the book. The files are dossiers on each of you--so I can get to know your strengths as well as your needs. Robert wanted me to know you in case you needed help while he could not. In addition, there are extensive dossiers on Luther Burke and his father Selby. The book is one that was an old schoolbook of Selby Burke's from his 7th year potions class. How Robert got that, well, perhaps we don't want to know.

"I've been studying the Burke files. Selby always was a great arse. I remember him well enough. I don't think his son had any sort of a chance of a normal upbringing. Selby was not a well liked lad because he was self centered and arrogant. He was not a dark arts follower then. Nor did he practice white light arts. He was entirely consumed with himself and meeting his own needs. The ladies rejected him entirely because of his vanity, and his male counterparts thought precious little more of him. The more he was rejected for being self centered, the more self centered and bitter he became. He pursued spells and potions in order to meet his own ends, whether it was increasing his own personal wealth or whether it was seeking revenge on those who rejected him.

"He married a doormat of a woman. A muggle woman who didn't have enough confidence to come in out of the rain unless Selby told her to do it. They had one child. Luther. Luther was brought up to revere his father and ignore his mother. His mother died, I believe, out of her own despair and lonliness because of Selby's neglect of her by the time Luther went off to Hogwarts.

"According to Robert's file, Luther is a carbon copy of his father. They both do carry the werewolf curse, but you knew that. And you know how it came about. But here's the interesting bit. Selby Burke excelled in offensive spells and in potions both. He kept a journal that he wrote about what things were going to be most useful to him to get what he wanted out of life. The book Robert left us is the collection of spells and potions that he had refined by the end of his time at Hogwarts. Rumor has it that he later wrote a much larger and extensive book which ended up being passed to Luther when Robert killed Selby in self defense. Luther wuld have been, oh, maybe 6 or 8 years old when Selby died.

"It seems Luther is very bitter about Selby's death and he has relished in the opportunity to team up with Tom Gelding in order to seek revenge on Robert and get handsomely paid at the same time. Luther Selby is an expert at torture, pain, debilitating his victims, and in killing. He is a heartless machine who is excellent at speed and stealth. That's where I come in. Let us just say for now that I more than match him at stealth. I don't practice the torturous bits that he does because I see no purpose in it. In short, you need me.

"Here's the other interesting bit. Selby's wife had an uncle who raised her who worked for the muggle British government, and that was where Selby made his living. Passing as a muggle and working as a well paid, high ranking government offiicial. I've been thinking. Perhaps the best place to hide a wizard like Khaat might well be with the muggles?" He looked at them for their thoughts. He had given them a great deal of information. This might take a bit to digest, and he was hoping they were not slow on the uptake.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:08 am

steven sat listening and drinking his tean he couldhear jack pacing her knew at the growl jack did not aprove of this man nor the fact he gavce wears abad reputation eather he on the other hand was biding his time untill he could get his revenge for takeing Khaat and puting Robsrt in the honspital . placing down his cup he lifted a the book and read some of the spells , some very advanced for a boy of that age but all dark like he had said and steven didn't like this one bit.

"what will be our advantage , suprise ?" he asked picking up his cup again and continuing to drink.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:37 am

"Well," Michael said, sighing, "we have no idea for sure where she is being held. If we knew that would make it infinitely easier. I'm just wondering if he wasn't clever enough to hide her in relatively plain sight. We're going to need to infiltrate either the British government or use any contacts any of us have in the government to try to find out as much information as we can. It seems to me that perhaps he might have chosen a secure British muggle government building if he has those sorts of connections. I have a couple ideas, but I will need to do a little...checking things out. And perhaps it is best taht you don't know how or when I do that. The less you know about my...specialities..., well, the better off you are."

Michael did get the impression that Steven was a pretty fast and hard dyed in the wool law man. And Michael didn't need any trouble in his life. For Robert, he would do anything. But he did not believe for one second that Steven would look past how Michael had made his considerable accounts and comfortable living. Michael had given that up a long time ago, but it seemed he was being pressed back into service, and this time for an admirable cause. Well, anytime Robert had asked for his help, Michael had found it was an admirable cause.

Michael was not ashamed of being a top notch catburglar and a thief. It just was who he was. And he had learned his skills to survive. He had used them, not to become rich for his own sake. He had been paid exhorbitantly well, but he chose his missions very selectively. It was probably not going to be believable to the hatchlngs that there was such a thing as a catburglar with morals, so he was choosing to avoid the subject if he could. Perhaps they would just see him as a skilled operative.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:15 pm

steven looked at michael his face seeming familer , how and why he could not place it and pushed it to the back of his mind even as he spoke saying his talents should not be divulged it set bells ringing in his mind. Finishing his tea he had to agree no matetr what this mans past right now at this minet to Khaat he was to be her savior. He rubbed his chin as he continued.

"I agree right now Khaat is our concern and how to find her" he agreed Jack nodded behind him and sat down to face Michael as well .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:25 pm

"So," Michael said,"Who has any governmental connections?"

"Well, I suppose I do," Brian said. "In a way. Without a minister, and without Khaat and Robert, things more or less all to me at the moment. There just isn't anyone else right now who understands it like I do."

"Well done, then, Quinn. Can you check thngs from your end and I'll check things from mine? What about you, Sherriff?" Michael asked Steven. "You have any American friends with connections to the British government?" Michael seriously doubted that Steven had any high level British connections of his own.

Michael had his own way of checking things out, and he certainly had begun to do so already. And what he had not said yet was that he didn't like where things were starting to lead. It wasn't that he couldn't do it, but if he was right, then he was sure that her friends would all want to go, and getting one person inside would be hard enough. Getting a platoon of hatchlings in and out without being caught was another thing altogether. That was not going to be easy at all. He much preferred doing things alone as much as possible.

"Something is bothering you, Michael," Brian said. "What is it?"

"Well, if you think for one moment like a muggle, where in the British government would you hide someone with the celebrity status that Khaat has in the wizarding world?"

Brian thought for a long moment, and as he began to get on the same page with Michael, his frown only grew deeper. This was not, for one moment, going to get any easier or less dangerous if Michale was correct. Brian sighed deeply. "Oh, boy," he said softly.

"Yeah. Oh boy, is right," Michael said.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:04 am

Steven looked at michael as he spoke to him "Its Ranger not Sheriff and might have, I'll speak to my sorces " he said some what miffed at being mistaken for a sheriff. He frowned as Brian and michael spoke in riddels , not something he like being kept out of the loop in any situation but this was differant and to him he felt he would do best if kept in. This was his freind too that was missing .

"I'm sorry, but were here too and have I have no idea what your talking about " he said some what paterbed as he now stood up moving to the window to look out to the flower garden that he had helped to make with john.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top