Bridging the Generation Gap - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Bridging the Generation Gap - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Bridging the Generation Gap

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bridging the Generation Gap - Page 6 Empty Re: Bridging the Generation Gap

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:05 am

"Brian has lost everyone he has ever truly loved," Robert sighed softly. "This, rightfully, frightens him. can't blame him for being afraid. I want him closer to me tonight so he will honestly sleep. You'll see. He'll eventually allow himself to go to sleep and to he'll let go of his exhaustion and finally rest. That will make a difference in how he approaches things. It will help him to pull himself back together. His biggest fear right now is that he'll fail her. That's why I want him here with me right now."

Robert flicked his fingers and the ring lifted out of Brian's pocket and flew to Robert's hand. "Would you two like to see the engagement ring he intends to give to Khaat?" He passed them the platinum ring set with emeralds and diamonds in a bit of a knot. "He's afraid he won't get to give it to her now. I told him he has my blessings and that there will be plenty of time for that."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:37 am

Ronata watched the box move and stepped closer to Robert , Steven smiled as Ronata looked at the ring "its beautiful Roberty Khaat will be happy , Im happy for her " she said and looked at Steven her face some waht nurvouise and embarressed at the same time making steven fround a little he had not seen that look on Ronata's face before but he dismisted it and nodded "Lucky guy there perfect for each other" he said with a smile as he hoped robert did pick up on his thoughts .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:43 am

Robert flicked the ring back over to Brian and back into his pocket. "Well, he's not feeling so lucky tonight," Robert said. "I'm hoping by morning I can be a bit more myself. I am absolutely no help like this, and besides that, without Khaat here, and with me here, there really isn't anyone pilotting the good ship St. Mungos. I have to be up. Somehow. " Robert found himself yawning, getting heavy with sleep himself. He still was extremely weak, and he was pushing. Not only for Khaat and now for Brian but because someone had to run the hospital and...well, the list of his obligations went on and on and on. He was trying to force himself to stay awake, and he was losing fast. He flicked a cup of doublestrength French Roast, conjuring it onto his nightstand. He felt like he had to try, but he held few hopes he could beat his own weakness forever.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:50 am

Steven nodded "yeah" he said smiply. Ronatya mobed to help Robert take asip of his coffee " you need rest sir " she said softly "st mongos will take care of its self for a night , it has this far sir" she said softly again her hand holding the back of his head as she lay him back on the pillow "no organisation needs its top two men all worn out" she sighed and placed the cup back down feeling there was not much she could do with them both asleep.

"Ronata go home and rest I'll stay tonight you need sleep" he said his hand on her shoulder , she turned to face him as she spoke.

"I might be tired, but my duty is here " she said " you know I can sleep like I did last night " she said and sat down Steven nodded.

"well can't argue with that" he said moving to teh door of the room to look up and down he corridor again.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:58 am

Robert slept in a deeply exhausted sleep all night, never even moving. He was just too tired and weak to moved. Brian, on the other hand, only shifted if, in his sleep, he got a better breath of Khaat's perfume by moving his head slightly on the pillow. The emotional strain was new for him and it was exhausting. But by daylight, he rose, told Steven and Ronata he was apparating home enough to get showered and changed.

He was as good as his word. He apparated back no more than fifteen minutes later. "If Jack is on time, he should be here fairly soon I would think," Brian said. He wasn't sure why he felt a bit more like himself today, but he had the desire to fight for Khaat back again. And it was making him feel back in control. "Thank you both for staying, but I really do need you both to go home and get some sleep, some food and fresh clothes. If we hear anything new at all, we'll let you know. I swear. Thank you. I don't know what I would have done without you both yesterday and last night." He looked over at Robert. "I expect he'll be wanting up, but he's not at all ready. That may be my biggest challenge this morning," he managed a smile. It would actually be good to see Robert be a bit more like himself again.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:54 am

Steven was walking the corridor when he entered and saw Brian awake he nodded and moved ro ronatta whos hea he could see drooping as she sat "Yes sir, hey no sleeping on the job ronatta" he whispered and she raised her head up again.

"boy i feel tired , never expected it to be this bad " she said steven held her "you can sleep at home" he said kissing ehr cheek she cupped his cheek and he smiled.

Steven stood up whjen Brian came back and nodded hearing foot steps coming down the hall.

"hey all " said jack as he walked into the room "wow rough night ? " he said as she walked in
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:55 am

Matt wasn't aware of what was going on until he had gone looking for Robert and had to ask the front desk. When he heard what had happened you could've knocked him over with a feather. He had least expected Robert, of all people to end up in the hospital under Intensive Care. But he was gone in an instant, he had gotten the room number and ran right to the ICU. He cam across the door, but began to think before he knocked. What if someone was in there with him and he wanted to be alone with them. He would wait for someone to come out before he even considered going in. Although knowing Robert he would already kn0w that Matt was outside waiting.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:14 am

"Brian, let my employee in," Robert ordered. Brian went to the door and opened it and saw Matt there.

"Ah. I was wondering when you'd find out," Brian managed a smile. "Come in. He's not as critical today. Our biggest job is going to be to make him behave today. You'll at least be able to visit today. I'll go get you some fresh coffee, Robert. Behave, would you?" He left, lookng at Steven and Ronata, hoping they would stay until Jack arrived.

"Come in, Matt," Robert said. "You have a lot to catch up on. And it may well be that you might want to join the manhunt for my daughter. I would like to have her back in one piece before the hired assassin who took her kills her. I thought I had this under control, but it appears I miscalculated enough that everything has blown all to hell." He sighed heavily. He was seriously hoping that Khaat was still alive this morning, but he calmed himself by the knowledge that there was some link between them that always told the other if something was drastically wrong. And all he knew right now for sure was that she was still alive. He wasn't sure how he knew. He just knew.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:37 am

Jack walked in and stood beside Steven, his eyes clean and bright from a good night sleep and his stanbce saying he was ready for business. "morning all " he said looking at robert and Matt "ready and willing " he looked at steven and ronata who to him had been up for the best part of the night " you two should go home i have it now" he said seein them look to robert.

"Sir if thats all right with you?" Steven said his arm around Ronata as he spoke hoping they could go as he could feel Ronata "we'll return for the night shift " he said looking at Robert .Ronata moved to face Robert 2if you need us call we will come" she said and smiled .
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:04 am

Matt entered and nodded to everyone. He saw Robert in the bed and he moved swiftly towards him. "Oh God...you above all people. In a hospital bed...it's weird being on the other end." he told him jokingly. He heard Robert tell everyone to leave but Matt. He looked down at Robert, he looked different. He had always looked up to Robert...now he looked older. He blinked a few times and smiled slightly. A manhunt...another manhut was more like it. He was seriously getting sick of people getting kidnapped. He nodded at Robert as everyone left. "Of course I'll look for Khaat. But Robert, I'd preffer to look my own way and by myself. I have discovered that when I work alone, there's not a soul to argue with. Which means I work so much better."

"I'm sure though Khaat can handle herself at the moment. She's a fighter, and one hell of a cook. She could turn a rock into a gourmet meal just to feed herself." he said trying to cheer things up a bit. He looked at the different things in the room looking for something to say. "I know you're my boss now...but to be honest I've always looked up to you Robert." he said looking at a picture on the other side of the room.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top