Veritaserum - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Veritaserum - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Veritaserum

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Veritaserum - Page 2 Empty Re: Veritaserum

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:03 pm

"As far as I can tell, yes," Khaat said truthfully after examining the potion. Vincent really should have been asking her father that. Khaat was not the potionsmaster that her father was. She knew medicinal potions, but she had never had reason or cause to use Veritaserum at St. Mungo's. "I am not an expert with this, Vincent. Veritaserum is not a part of our regular medicinal stores at St. Mungos. We have no use for it. I do know that Veritaserum has its own aroma, and, as I recall from my few dealings with it, this is the smell. Wilson is, by far, more versed with this substance than I am, though."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22719
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Vincent glared at her for a while, before nodding slowly and turning to Wilson.
"I guess it doesn't matter much. You aren't stupid after all," he muttered. Wilson would of course know that if the potion didn't work, then Vincent would blame it on him and he would be fired. He turned to Jess again now. Taking out his wand, he cast a spell that would make the victim dazed. He then opened the bottle, forced Jess's head back, and made him drink the whole bottle. He coughed some out, but there was enough to make the truth potion work. Vincent sat down opposite Jess and watched.
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Jess' eyes rolled back in his head and he slumped forward, falling from his chair and whacking his head on the table, knocking him into his senses. "God damnit Vincent, what is it with you and stupid frikin bloody tables," he said, rising to his feet and sitting back in his chair, rubbing his head. "What was that?" he then asked, he'd not been paying attention, there was a rather interesting patch of sky outside the window, and it was far more entertaining to him and any of the people in the room with him
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:34 pm

Vincent frowned as he watched Jess slump forward, smacking his head on the table. It was quite comical, but Vincent did not crack a smile. His spell had worked, as for the potion... Well, he decided to just test if it had an effect on Jess or not. There was only one answer he wanted from the fool. But he would use some test ones before that, to see the potions effectiveness. "So Potter, which house were you in during your time here?" he said casually, saying the first question that came to mind.
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:46 pm

"I was Gryffindor house," Jess spurted out without thinking. He frowned, thinking, not sure what just happened, not sure why he'd responded

Suddenly it hit him. "No," he said, a slightly worried look on his face. He knew the value of himself, and had a distinct idea of what was coming. "Veriatiserum..." he muttered softly, looking from side to side. "Attack him," he shouted, "Attack me, help, you have to help," he shouted at Khaat and Wilson, hoping they realised the importance of this over their cover

((Don't actually do anything, of course))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:53 pm

Vincent had been thinking of a lot of questions to ask, but Jess about as well told him it had worked. Vincent smiled , though one hand went to his wand in case one of the two actually listened to Jess and attacked. They were smarter than that of course. Still looking at Jess closely, Vincent asked the next question. "Do you know Mariana Diggory?" he asked, quite sure he did. He knew they had been close as students. "What can you tell about her? Is she in the order too?" All needless questions of course, but this would tell him for sure if the potion was working.
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:03 pm

Khaat had no intention of doing anything that would harm Jess. If Wilson wanted to do so, he no doubt would, but then again, that would jeopardize his job here, and he was not about to risk that. She was helpless to help him here.

She stared at her coffee, feeling deep sadness welling up within her. Intentional or not, Vincent was resurrecting her endless grief that had never ever healed over everything the Order had ever been. Memories of all the people she so deeply loved who were no longer here flowed through her mind like an endless river. She remembered years of meetings with Sirius, Remus, Dumbledore, Harry, the Weasley, Shacklebolt. He had been a member at one time--back in the day. She remembered the bad times and all the laughter and celebrations. They were more than just a fighting faction. The Order was family--always had been. And Vincent was about to destroy everything she loved the most. She glanced down at the floor and then closed her eyes to try to shut the agonizing grief away. Her inner pain that never, ever healed was the biggest achilles heel that she had, and her friends and family all knew it. It was the last thing she ever wanted Vincent to know. He didn't know how much he was hurting her too, and she did not want him to know. Right at this moment, she hated Vincent for what he was doing. It was going to take more than his cold rationalizations to get her to forgive him for this, but she could not see him honestly caring. She predicted the days of the Order might be sadly numbered now, and maybe even their lives.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22719
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:12 pm

"Yes, i know Mariana Diggory, very well" Jess blurted out once more, against his will. "And i'm not certain, she used to be a member, but then she left, but she joined again, and i'm not sure where she stands now," he told Vincent, inwardly cursing at himself.

Knowing he was almost out of time, and that something bad could be about to happen he decided it was time for drastic measures.

With a roar he flung himself across the room, spear tackling majere to the ground and swinging wildly, landing several heavy punches to his face. "You can do this," he shouted, not being able to lie

(You god moded me, tis only fair)
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Vincent did not even spare a glance in Khaats direction. He was too focused on Jess. He listened to him tell about Mariana against his will and sneered, about to speak the next question - when the fool jumped out of his chair and launched himself at him. Coughing, Vincent knew he was probably physically too weak to able to defeat Jess like this. However, Vincent had a wand, and Jess didn't. Wincing against the blows, he reached out for his wand then muttered "Incarcerous," to tie the fool up in ropes. He then stood up again, his face bleeding from the punches. "You ignorant bastard," he scowled, aiming a kick at Jess. Thats what they were, the Order, brave but stupid. "Now tell me Potter, where is the Order headquarters?" he asked in a rush. Grimmauld place, he knew that, but once Jess told him, the Fidelius Charm would be broken.
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Jess flinched and squirmed, taking the blow without acknowledging it. The whole facade of delusion gone, it'd all been put on to piss his captor off. "Number 12 Grimmauld Place, London," he spat, blood trickling from one corner of his mouth, banging his head on the floor and squirming some more. "What're you gonna do with that information Vincent?" he asked, laughing. "You and your ragtag army wont stand a chance against my family. We stand together, and we fight for something you'll never know of. Love, and compassion. So you can march right in there and huff and puff, but we'll never fall down," he said bitterly.

"Khaat, untie me, and get me out, right now please," he snarled, the anger in his voice not directed at her.

((Oh, and accio my wand when you do so too, please))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top