Veritaserum
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Veritaserum Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Veritaserum

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Veritaserum Empty Veritaserum

Post by Vincent Majere Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:34 pm

Vincent sat waiting. Wilson was too arrive soon with the Veritaserum. He hadn't agreed to it of course, but what choice did he have. He would allow the two to be present of course. Khaat and Wilson. Khaat because a healer might be needed. Wilson because he wanted to be and was too stubborn to be convinced otherwise. Besides, they had no idea what would happen soon.

It was his plan, all of it. This had nothing of Sandra's work. Sandra was not Voldemort. She wasn't overconfident and did not underestimate her enemy, but she was almost too subtle, to afraid to take risks. Vincent wasn't. You wouldn't get anywhere without risks, he knew that. This was a big one, yet he was sure it would work.

He sent two seperate owls to fetch for Wilson and Khaat. Then he sat there anxiously. There was one other person in the room though, Jess. The idiot had not stopped blabbering for three days. He was quite better now, but the better his health became, the more annoying he became. Vincent still had his wand though, so that kept the fool from doing anything too stupid.
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Veritaserum Empty Re: Veritaserum

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Khaat had been checking on Jess daily and he had been getting better right according to schedule. She was not able to keep Vincent from interrogating Jess any longer. Despite Jess's atypical excessive talkative streak, from the blow to his head she figured, he had managed to run off at the mouth incessantly without saying one bloody useful thing as far as she could tell. She figured Vincent might be, by now, sorely tempted to magically adhere Jess's tongue to his teeth except for the outside chance he might accidently let something important slip. However, as it was, she had no power to help Jess anymore, and she would not actively attempt to hinder Vincent. Not unless it became lifethreatening to Jess. She did not know if Wilson or the Order members had any plans in mind to help Jess, but she certainly hoped so.

She had chosen to tuck her wand into the inside pocket of the khaki colored summer suit jacket that matched her skirt, but she knew she would automatically surrender the wand to Vincent as she had done daily during Jess's recovery process. She hoped someday Vincent might not need her to surrender her wand, but she thought that perhaps today he might be a bit extra paranoid. She did not want to aggravate that.

She noticed the gargoyles barely even gave her a glance anymore. He must have spoken to them, she figured. She had not known of them to relax their sentry duties that much that soon. Gargoyles could be such stubborn creatures, but he had them under control too, it appeared.

Reaching the door to Vincent's office, she took a deep breath and pushed all her anxieties to the very farthest reaches of her mind. Strange as it was, she did trust him at least this far. He had said he would not kill Jess, and she trusted in that. Even if she didn't, she could do nothing to change what was about to happen except perhaps heal any wounds Jess obtained in this little "discussion." She knocked on the office door and waited.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22653
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:51 pm

It had all been taken care of. Doyle added what he had been asked to add and it was all according to plan. He want up the stairs carrying the potion and noticed Khaat. ''No need to wait outside'', he said, opening the door. ''Vincent, here is the potion you have asked. One of the bottles I have made recently'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:07 am

Jess looked up and smiled as he saw the two enter. "How are you?" He asked the pair, standing up to greet them. "Vincent was kind enough to untie me, quite chivalrous of him i think." He told the two of them, nodding to wilson trying to convey something wordlessly to him. Look at the bottle his breath quickened, and his heart pounded, hopefully Wilson or Khaat picked up on what he was trying to say.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:57 am

Khaat went in with Wilson, and, as usual, laid her wand and her usual shoulder bag that held her medical equipment on Vincent's desk. "I refuse to let you do this until I check my patient to see if he will withstand this," she told Vincent. "If he is well enough, then there is nothing I can do, and we all know it."

She went over to Jess and, just as she knew Vincent had seen her do countless times by now, she laid her hand on Jess's forehead to assess him. She looked at Wilson with genuine utter helplessness and told him, "There's nothing I can do. He's fine. " She looked back at Jess and said very gently, "I'm sorry, Jess. Really." She knew better than to ask Vincent not to hurt Jess. Her job here was to shut up and merely re-assemble Jess when Vincent was done with him. She had never liked Vincent's use of force. That did, very truly, make her angry. She walked over to the desk and glared hard at him, unafraid to stand up to him, to let him know her anger.

"Remember you promised not to kill him," she said, trying to not be uncivilized about it. And you promised you'd let him go. I'm holding you to that. I would, though, appreciate you not making my job any harder than it has to be when you're done with him. Try to leave him in one relative piece, please."

Last edited by Khaat Lupin on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:56 am

''Jess, do not be so brave. Even untied, you aren't able to do anything. We were colleagues at one period, but I am no prepared to jeopardize the safety of this institution because of your behavior. I am here to deliver this potion and to ensure it is used as it should be, because its use is illegal and I am the one to get in trouble if something happens'', he said. The part about him being responsible was true, but the fact that he was going to get in trouble was a lie - he still had the immunity secured to him by McCoy from the Irish Ministry. ''So, Vincent, is there anything else you would like to check or can we begin?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:47 am

[Khaat, change your post so you DON"t Obliviate Jess wordlessly and wandlessly because of these following reasons:

1. Khaat does not know who is secret keeper. No one should know, because its a secret Rolling Eyes
2. Khaat probably shouldn't know that Vincent will ask that of Jess
3. Wandlessly and Nonverbally casting a difficult spell like Obliviate is impossible.
4. Jess doesn't want you too use the spell.
Sorry Neutral
5. Edit by Jess: Jess changed his mind, this could be an interesting plot line Sorry for changing my mind]
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Jess looked at Wilson curiously, he was being odd, and had clearly misunderstood him. "Wilson, i wasn't being brave, Vincent did me a favour here, and i wont take advantage of that, i do have some dignity left, and my code of conduct is much higher than your own Wilson," he said, shooting a glare at him. "I know you've both forsaken me, and that given half the chance you'd probably want to be gone, but i suppose you're stuck here aren't you?" he spat at them, having another of his mood fluctuations, damn Vincent and his table...
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:32 pm

ooc: If you change how you want this to go and it includes my actions, PLEASE keep me on the same page with you. This kind of being-the-last-to-know-we've-changed-it really ticks me off. And by the way, whether it seems farfetch or not, the medical information is completely realistic AND acurate.

Khaat did not reply or respond any further. She saw no point in stirring Jess up any more. She sighed heavily, not in favor of Vincent doing this today, but unable to stop anything, and also a bit concerned that Jess's head injury was still making him have symptoms. She had not gone into any explanation with Vincent because he had not asked. However some patients who had received head injuries had symptoms for months--up to a year--and it might give him headaches, mood changes and other symptoms during whatever time he needed for long term healing. At this rate, Jess might not trust her or Wilson again simply because he wasn't thinking very clearly and his mood stank. She chose a chair and sat calmly, crossing one long tanned leg over the other and deciding to simply wait it out. She conjured herself a large cup of French Roast coffee. This, she presumed, might take awhile.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Vincent smiled slightly as Wilson entered the room. "Thank you Wilson," he said, looking at the bottle. It was the color of water, as Veritaserum is, but Vincent still did not completely trust Wilson. What if it wasn't veritserum but something else? Unfortunately he had had to rely on Wilson and Doyle to make the potion, he had never been especially good at the subject. Ignoring Jess, Vincent turned to Khaat, who was staring at him with an angry expression. He tried hard not to smirk. "Yes well, I never said I was going to kill him now did I?" he said, rolling his eyes. "I promised you once. I don't see why you have to ask again. Its a waste of time..."

He walked around his table to the seat where Jess was sitting. Vincent still had his wand of course, Jess could do nothing to try to escape. Instead, he kept an eye on the other two. Opening the bottle of Veritaserum, he examined it again, frowned, and turned to Khaat. "Examine it, is it really Veritaserum?" he asked her. He of course, had reasons for doubting Wilson, who was still in the Order of Phoenix.
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top