It's time for a revolution, baby!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

It's time for a revolution, baby! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

It's time for a revolution, baby!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

It's time for a revolution, baby! Empty Re: It's time for a revolution, baby!

Post by Sandra Archer Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:41 am

I'm all for this. It's about time the non-staff members took some things into their own hands.

Who's your main character? The one you'd keep if you had to drop all the rest: Keith
Which factions are your characters part of? Neutral/Death Eaters
What is the one plot-arc you'd like to see? Wizarding World Ward
How do you feel about sandbox RPing? It can start out well but degenerates quickly, imo.
What else do you want to say? nuthin
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:30 am

I feel were doing fine the site just hit a rough patch it has happened before we came back. You gus know that the admins are just people like you around the world they have lives and that dosent include hours worth of time to handle the problems on PA. And the Mod team has been disbanded we were doing very little in the end because of a few reasons 1. everyone went to admins for mod stuff. 2. we also cant give hours of time to handle basic problems. And as I recall for events you require people to be active and go. As I saw when ever a event was set up (with warning with weeks in advance) and when it came time for the event only 5 people joined. So it seems its not a communication problem but the fact that some members just have there own plots that did not follow or participate in the site's plot. And lastly the admins are taking time to ask you guys what you want to see in the site because they want your input and its only been up for about a week so im not sure why your saying months.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:37 am

We are aware of all of that, Ne’Os, but for the time being, motivation is a good thing, and if we could get some activity going that would be brilliant.

Who's your main character? The one you'd keep if you had to drop all the rest: Keera Mast
Which fractions are your characters part of?
-Keera Mast is a part of the third fraction
-Nerissa Hatts is neutral
-Calvin S. Ransom is neutral but is with the Ministry
What is the one plot-arc you'd like to see? I'd love to see the third fraction go up against the Ministry
How do you feel about sandbox RPing? I think it helps develop characters more
What else do you want to say? N/A
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:44 am

No im not sure you are if you were this topic would not have been created. What do you mean motivation? Are you suggesting they need to work or your going to take over? If you want activity then create it lol. You guys dont need the staff team to hold your hands and say this is what where doing and when. I mean look what i am doing right now im basicly on the road to take over the world (sure it wont happen but still) and it gives people a chance to do something. MAKE YOUR OWN CONTENT IF YOU GET BORED IS WHAT IM SAYING Razz
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:55 am

Oh my, you couldn’t be more wrong Wink I do understand that it is up to the members and not the admins to make sure that they (the members, that is) stay active and keep plotting and all that jazz. But it seems what you don’t understand is that if there are a bunch of members that log on and sit around simply chatting in the chat box, that it must be because they have nothing to RP about, no plots to join in on. It takes more than one person to form a good plot, and so one person must come up with an idea, and then another person will join in because they are motivated by the first’s idea.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:15 am

So then why is the topic not you guys making a plot and is instead a useless survey that has little meaning to those that need it? Im sure if you guys come up with a Plot that actuly makes sense it will be good.

Like maybe something like this: (which is a idea that should not be used and if you do remove th Ne'Os Emofs except for the first one as that is actuly Ne'Os's plot that he killed Voldemort.)

Darkness has once again been defeated. Lord Voldemort has been killed by his most loyal servent Ne'Os Emof. Even though the death eater movement has been virtually halted all is not well. The order of the Pheonix has disbanded for there is no more need for them. The remaining death eaters have gone into hideing or have been rounded up and placed in Azkaban. The newest addition to the ranks of heros, Ne'Os Emof, has been given a order of merlin first class for services to the ministry. Years pass a new minister is brought into office to handle the ordinary wizarding world. Hogwarts school has flourished and many new promising wizards have appeared. Ne'Os Emof has taken the position as headmaster and remains married to Samantha Emof/Burns. Reacently rumors have spread of the death eater movement starting up again....and the Order of the Pheonix has reformed unfortunutly solidifying these rumors. As the magical world prepares for yet another war. The Vampire in charge of Hogwarts find himself in a odd position Ministry officals have entered the school and they are keeping a tight watch on the death eater traitior.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Keith Nicholas Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:05 pm

The problem here is that people can't make major decisions without consulting the admins, and even the admins can rarely make decisions without first running them by Darren. The plot right now is boring and stale, it's basically the books all over again. Not only that, but IC major things really only happen with a small group of people. This is a way for the rpers to organize and figure out what we want to see happen. Then we can discuss it.
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:12 pm

Hehe Ne'Os is only a walking cliche because i made him that way. and yeah i RP badly with him just because hes un RPable and He would die if Matt would ever come back :/ and i dont PM abuse people.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top