Dont run away, drift away - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Dont run away, drift away - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Dont run away, drift away

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dont run away, drift away - Page 5 Empty Re: Dont run away, drift away

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:32 am

(Lol k I was a bit confused so I went with it xD)

Andrew felt reassured now and smiled with relief. "That is very good to hear," he said tempted to ask about the 'speed' the doctor had talked about. He hadn't no idea what that meant. He then looked at the lake. So much for a relaxing place. "I should go check out what it was," he said then stood up and went over to the docks and looked into the water. The only thing he had seen was just his reflection staring back at him. He would either have to dive in and look for it or wait for another attack. Great. He walked back to where the gril was and sat down next to her again. "I'm sorry but I don't have your name," he said calmly feeling a bit rude to not have asked sooner.

(EDIT: Also do you want me to post longer? Just wondering)
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerissa Hatts Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:43 am

[I felt that I should give her a strange ability to make her nearly drowning a bit more interesting... if that is even possible? But anyway, as I said previously, I shall explain it more as Nerissa notices it a bit more]

“Don’t you dare go in there!” Nerissa shouted abruptly, getting to her feet a bit too quickly; it made her feel rather dizzy to move so quickly. She didn’t want anyone else going through what she did, especially someone who had just saved her life from that very situation. Nerissa shook her head slowly for a moment, “are you daft?” she asked rather bluntly, not meaning to be rude, but wanted him to see how crazy it would be to act in such a way.

Nerissa looked at him, and then looked back at the girl, “My name is Nerissa Hatts. I am a Ravenclaw in my fourth year,” she told them, feeling rather impolite for not introducing herself when they had introduced themselves to her- though she had a good enough reason to; her head was killing her and she had only just NEARLY DROWNED FOR MERLIN’S SAKE. Nerissa frowned, wishing she could turn the volume down on her thoughts for just a moment, it was almost as if each of them were being shouted at the highest freakin’ pitch possible. She kept her face blank, knowing better than to worry either of them further; she had caused the two of them enough stress.
Nerissa Hatts

Number of posts : 482

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:54 am

(Yeah I think it is possible, but its like a build-your-own spell kinda thing. I think it works for spells and longterm abilities)

Andrew flinched when she yelled at him. He raised an eyebrow and decided not to investigate anymore. He knew that if he was in a pinch, the Siren would help him out. Yet he didn't know how well it worked underwater. As he was next to her, his thoughts began to rise. Something had obviously happened that was more mentally than physically. Hopefully nothing to drastic had happened. He looked at her once more and noticed a small wince of pain. "Are you alright?" he asked calmly using the back of his hand to move her bangs out of the way a bit.

(Also idk if you saw this from the last post, but do you want me to post a bit longer?)
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerissa Hatts Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:26 am

[No, its fine, just stay away from one-liners and I dont mind]

For a moment, Nerissa considered lying, because that would save everyone the hassle, and because she simply did not want to complain any more than she already had, but Nerissa was rubbish at lying, and she knew that well enough to understand that lying would only create more problems for herself. “Yeah, its just, it wont stop aching, and for some reason, it seems, everything is moving faster than usual,” she replied, not realizing how much she sounded like a mental patient at that particular moment. Things weren’t moving faster, that sort of thing didn’t happen because of a near-death situation, Nerissa decided, but she was a bit too distracted by the fact that Andrew had swept her bangs from her face to voice this new realization.

She flinched, but it wasn’t because his touch hurt, it was simply because she felt uncomfortable with him so near, as if he were examining her and mentally taking note of every one of her flaws. It wasn’t just with Andrew, Nerissa had felt that way since the beginning of time; when people were near her, she always felt the need to get out of that metaphorical spotlight.
Nerissa Hatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:36 am

"I see," he said as she finished explaining about her headache "do you need me to get you anything?" He moved his hand away quickly once he saw her flinch. "Sorry," he apologized wondering if he had hurt her or not. He looked out back to the lake and wondered what had attacked her. He wanted more than anything right now to figure out what it was and stop it before it hurt another person. That day will come, he thought and it will happen soon.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerissa Hatts Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:33 am

“I doubt it, you’ve already done so much as it is,” Nerissa said with a grin that actually looked healthy- the first actually, genuine grin that had been seen upon her lips since sinking below the lake’s surface. Her teeth were rather white, practically sparkling beneath her pink lips.

She bit her bottom lip when he apologized, “no, no, there is not need to apologize; I’ve always been rather jumpy when people get that close,” she explained, extending her index finger, motioning between him and herself to point out how close he was actually standing to her, though her grin hadn’t left her lips.

“I really just need to take a nap or something…” Nerissa spoke, mostly to herself when she felt a yawn sneaking up on her once again. The day’s events had really taken it out of her, as it was to be expected. “Walk with me to my common room?” she asked, looking back at the girl as well, hoping that this wasn’t the last time she would see the two. They had saved her life, she felt that befriended them was only expected- that was, if they wanted to befriend a girl who spent her entire life in a greenhouse, surrounded by plants.

Nerissa Hatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:43 am

"Sure," he smiled showing a trace of his teeth that were very white. Not sparkiling white but just enough. He stood next to her and then said "You sure you're alright? Don't want to sound annoying but you know." That was the first time Andrew had ever had to save a life. All the CPR training had never truly prepared him for something like this. As well as the magic healing powers and all.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:15 pm

(MY EYES HURT.. so i didnt read a nything,..... ima just act like i didnt know what was going on Very Happy)

Aurora stood there looking at the ground. She had no clue what was going on around her so she didnt talk. Her thoughts were trailed. after a few minuted something didn happen. She had small visions of something. Scaredly, She looked up and looked around hoping the vision wouldnt come true.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerissa Hatts Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:33 pm

[*laughs* no problem]

Nerissa noticed when a strange expression of fear crossed the young female’s face and stepped towards her slowly, “Are you alright? All of this chaos hasn’t… scared you or anything, has it? Because if that is the case, I am so sorry that you even had to get involved…” Nerissa spoke softly, unsure of what to say really; she hardly spent any time around others, just plants, and plants didn’t say much, nor did they get scared for reasons beyond Nerissa, as the young girl before her had.

Glancing backwards at Andrew for a moment, Nerissa tried to think of something else to say, only to fail desperately. She was rubbish at comforting others, apparently.
Nerissa Hatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:40 pm

Aurora looked around again. Then she noticed someone heading towards them. Some stranger.. an adult. "That man.. I got to go..." Aurora looked like she didnt know what she was doing she had to find a way to get away. She quickly stared running away from this area so the man couldnt catch her.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top