Dont run away, drift away - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Dont run away, drift away - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Dont run away, drift away

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dont run away, drift away - Page 4 Empty Re: Dont run away, drift away

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:40 pm

Andrew walked back to where the other girl was and sat down next to her, still worried that she might not be doing well. Yet the doctor said she was alright and that was good enough for him. He looked at the lake and waited until the girl said something.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Remembrance Lyn Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:41 pm

(u know the drill)

Aurora looked down at the ground. her side hurt still but for the most part she was fine.
Remembrance Lyn
Remembrance Lyn

Number of posts : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:44 pm

(we should probably wait for red lol)

Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerissa Hatts Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:49 pm

[ My god you people post fast XD ]

“Fallow my finger, kiddo, fallow my finger- no, look this way. Hun, I need you to fallow my finger with your eyes so that I can make sure that your OK,” the older female spoke rather desperately, her thin lips forming a frown, though Nerissa could tell she was trying to keep her face as blank as possible to make sure she was still acting ‘professional’. Nerissa blinked once more, as slowly as before as her thoughts continued to dart about, banging off of the sides of her skull over and over again, causing a terrible headache.

“Please…” the doctor pleaded, taking Nerissa’s pale face in both of her hands, her manicured nails contrasting strangely with the ghostly skin of Nerissa’s cheeks. The fourteen-year-old nodded and fallowed the women’s finger as she moved it in the air before her face. Nerissa’s eyes darted quickly before her finger, ending in the same place that the doctor’s finger ended, only, earlier than her finger had. The women titled her head to the side, letting go of Nerissa’s face, obviously confused. “No, no, fallow my finger, darling,” she restated.

Nerissa did the same thing she had before, her eyes going ahead of the doctor’s finger, which only confused her further. It was almost as if Nerissa was seeing everything earlier than it was actually occurring, but her eyes were moving the way they were suppose to, and that was enough for the doctor to figure that Nerissa Hatts was going to be fine.

It wasn’t long before the girl and the boy who had saved her, returned. Nerissa had managed to sit up once again after the doctor had assisted her in doing so, and looked at them both with tired eyes. She was still rather afraid of all that had happened, and kept glancing over at the lake every few minutes, but she was fine, the doctor had said so. The two walked towards her rather quickly, and took a seat next to her in the grass.

Nerissa wondered why everything was moving so quickly; it was as if she was watching a movie on fast-forward. She figured she must have hit her head a little too hard against the bottom of the lake. She tried to push those negative thoughts out of her head and out her ears, but that task was proving to be rather difficult.

The girl shifted so that she was facing the young man, her shoulder still rested against the bark of the thick tree. “mmmm, I’d say thank you, but I’m pretty sure you already know I will never be able to thank you correctly,” Nerissa spoke, her voice hoarse. She looked towards the girl next, nodding with a faint smile, “you as well,” she added.
Nerissa Hatts

Number of posts : 482

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:55 pm

(We post fast, but you post a lot :O)

Andrew looked at the girl who he had saved and smiled warmly at her. "I just didn't want to see you dead," he said soothingly "I'm glad you're alright." He looked at his shoulder which was still bleeding a bit and shrugged off the momentary pain. He used his sleeve to apply pressure to it and it felt better.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerissa Hatts Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:54 am

[ Yeah… its not annoying is it? I can post shorter if you want ]

The doctor watched the two converse for a short moment before standing up and tapping the young man on the shoulder; she wanted to speak to him about the peculiar thing she had seen Nerissa do with her eyes, and also needed to explain to him what sort of care Nerissa was to be under for the next weak- it was nothing major, but she would deffinetly need to keep her fluids up and she was no to sleep for a little while just in case she had received a concussion. She didn't know if the two of them were friends, but he had saved her life, and so it was easy for her to assume that was the case.

Nerissa rose her eyebrows as she watched the doctor, wondering what it was she wanted with the boy who had saved her life- and then it occurred to her that she didn’t even know his name. Nerissa had seen the young girl in the great hall before, but she knew neither of their names. “eh- I don’t know your names…” she stated in a rather quiet tone of voice, rubbing her neck absentmindedly. “oh, and, also, what was that- thing?” she asked, a bit of her fear leaking into her words as she spoke of the creature that had dragged her into the lake.

Nerissa Hatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:01 am

{No its okay Smile I dont mind long posts, its just if i do long posts it ends up being repetitive lol]

Andrew stood up and smiled back at the girl "I'm Andrew. Andrew Thompson." he said calmly "And I'm not sure. One second." He then approached the doctor and stood in front of her. He was still concerned about the girl. She sounded as if she had been attacked. If that was the case then this was more serious than he thought. "So doctor how is she?"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerissa Hatts Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:23 am

[OK, cool, just making sure I’m not gonna scare anyone away XD ]

The women slipped her hands into the pockets of her uniform, her face blank, as she had trained herself to, as she looked at the boy before her. “She is fine as far as her throat goes; she will have to drink lots of liquid to help repair the damage. She is showing a few signs of having a concussion, so if you can, I ask that you please make sure she stays awake until at least midnight to make sure that the possible concussion doesn’t cause her any damage,” the doctor explained simply, nodding as she spoke, as if she was going down a list and checking all of the things she mentioned off of the list with each nod of her head, her dark black hair moving with her as she did.

She had finished with all of the ordinary facts and warnings, the question now was, would she tell the boy about Nerissa’s unnatural reaction to speed? The doctor took one of her hands out of her pocket and looked at her nails for a moment as she began, “Also, I’ve noticed something strange about the way she is reacting to certain rates of speed, and it is rather… unordinary- in fact, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like it in my life. Anyway, all I’m saying is that if you spend a lot of time around this girl, make sure that you pay attention to the way her eyes fallow objects in motion, mmmmk? Alright,” the doctor finished, before waving in Nerissa’s direction and turning on her heals. With a faint pop! she disappeared.

Nerissa closed her eyes from a moment and breathed in heavily; she was nearly calm now, all she had to do was keep her eyes AWAY from that stupid lake and keep her mind focused on things such as the beutifull grass that was spread out on the ground around her. She ran her fingers through the grass like it was hair and took note on the length; it was very healthy, and it had just recently been watered by the rain that had most likely fallen the night before. Yeah, Nerissa was quite the weird one when it came to plants and herbs; she could tell almost everything about a plant simply by examining it. It was a passion of hers, really, there was no better way to describe her love for them.
Nerissa Hatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:29 am

Andrew nodded and paid close attention to the doctor as she explained her current condition. He stood with his arms at his sides until the doctor apperated away with a pop. He flinched a bit as she did but he kept his stance either way. He sighed in relief as she said she was alright, but was curious but what she said about speed. He would have to keep an eye out for that, but for now had to make sure she was alright. He stepped back over to the girl and sat next to her. "You alright?" he asked again softly still concerned about what happened "What exactly happened back there? I only saw you on the ground with that other girl over you."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerissa Hatts Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:25 am

[Sorry if that was a bit confusing, I’ll explain the speed thing more later]

Nerissa could hear Andrew sit down next to her. Andrew… hmmm, I like that name the Ravenclaw thought with another faint smile, tilting her head slowly to the side so that her head was rested against the bark of the tree as well, she was quite tired after all of the previous events, and she was completely unaware of the fact that she was not to sleep.

Opening her eyes for a moment, she examined Andrew’s face, which was filled with concern. She suddenly felt the need to reassure him that she was ok, until that expression left his face for good, “I’m fine now, the doctor said so. As for what happened, even I could ask that question; I was sitting on the dock, when I felt something wrap itself around my ankle. I got up and decided to leave, knowing that whatever it had been, it haddent been something I wanted to encounter, and yet, I didn’t get away, it dragged me into the lake anyway…” Nerissa explained clearly, “I haven’t a clue what it was to tell you the truth,” she added, leaving out the part about there being rumors of an unnaturally large squid living in that very lake; she didn’t believe it herself- she refused to believe it- it just didn’t make sense.

Or maybe it did. Perhaps her head was aching too bad for her to think logically. If that was even a logical thought…
Nerissa Hatts

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top