Privvy Plot Ideas - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Privvy Plot Ideas - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Privvy Plot Ideas

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Privvy Plot Ideas - Page 3 Empty Re: Privvy Plot Ideas

Post by Sandra Archer Mon May 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Jess Potter wrote:Ok, so at the moment the order supposedly has the most power in the game right, because we've taken over the ministry and given leadership to one of our own men? Well, i want to change that. Matt's fairly annoyed at me, so we'd have him break off from the order without telling me and ally with the DEs, then turn on us by POSSIBLY taking grimmauld place.

Meanwhile Sandra and her DEs are in hogwarts and make their presence known, if they've not done so already, and really crack down on the students.

So the order has been betrayed by all, and is in need of a hideout, but for now are meeting in various places in the wizarding world briefly, under code, and the Des are trying to find them, while maintaining a grip on the school.

It's not so much an overall plot idea, but more a bunch of subplot ideas, some of which could work together, some of which might not, but there some ideas for people to play with.

Another problem, no one wants to die Razz And the tier system eliminates almost any chance of students winning, though we could wrangle something... we shall play around with the ideas

Not...technically.

See, if we're still using my original formula for the tier system (which I believe we are) 2 people on the same tier can beat a person 1 tier above them. Which means that if enough students ganged up on one DE they should be able to take them down, if with a bit of a struggle. Honestly it would depend on the Death Eater and the students, but you get the point.
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon May 24, 2010 9:12 pm

Mmm, that could work, it'd be an interesting plot, no doubt about that, but the real falling point is the fact no one wants to kill off their characters
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon May 24, 2010 9:22 pm

Perhaps we should have players to specifically create characters that will, ultimately, die. A little bit like disposable cameras but ... characters... >.<
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon May 24, 2010 9:26 pm

I thought that myself too, but it would sorta remove the thrill of it for non competitors, as the emotional attachment is gone... But it is a better alternative than just killing off well established characters.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandra Archer Tue May 25, 2010 12:17 am

Well everyone has characters they don't use anymore right? I know I have some, Eli should have like 20 unless they got deleted. They can be the ones to die.
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue May 25, 2010 6:16 am

*coughs* I have character issues, I know, but none that need to die as of yet. Razz
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Tue May 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Wait... how about instead of dying, all the losers are placed in "holding centers" to be slowly torn apart? Like a concentration camp...

Wow, this is going borderline Nazi.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu May 27, 2010 8:41 am

Once again, removes the thrill... It could work, but it takes away the risk and it takes away the emotional attachment of the audience. Also removes what the prize would be. It's a fight to the death right? If they take the death away it's just a fight the only prize could be money... and we all know that doesn't work on PA...
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Thu May 27, 2010 7:04 pm

How would it remove the thrill? It's not like we would tell them. Just PM the dead rpers a password to a secret board available only available to those who are rendered "MIA."
The muggles can do far worse than things kill. Battles will be life v. death in the sense that death is a state in which one's body no longer functions, or one cannot interact with the outside world (physically). The purpose of the fights is to determine which wizards become further experiments, and which become living batteries for the combined machines they make with Muggletech and Magic.

OMG. Magitech armor!!!! w00t!!!
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri May 28, 2010 1:22 pm

yes, but you didn't say that, you said they'd be held in a cage, you also didn't say that muggles would be doing this, or at least you didn't specify it. Probably my bad anyway.
Well, it'd be interesting, but i don't like it as a site plot tbh. I could see it as a subplot, but it just wont involve enough people realisticly, and it's not going to have long term effects.Just my opinion though, leave it for Darren
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top