Privvy Plot Ideas - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Privvy Plot Ideas - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Privvy Plot Ideas

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Privvy Plot Ideas - Page 2 Empty Re: Privvy Plot Ideas

Post by James Wake Sun May 23, 2010 2:15 am

Here, I'll try to develop a good villain. Not that you're bad or nothing. How's this:

One of the victors of these games goes jacksh*t insane. For one thing, they'll be JUSTIFIED in their hate of humans in general. Instead of having these Districts, we have Muggle-run "detention centers" where Muggle gun men line the sides, and all wizards are deprived of their wands. The adolescent wizards, like in the Hunger Games, will fight tooth and nail. One of the victors of these games, info circled between key members of the plot, and KEPT secret, will lead the Death Eaters beneath a mask. This would allow the New Dark Lord to mascarade as a normal person while secretly committing mass murders.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sun May 23, 2010 3:08 am

Gosh, you guys are coming up with amazing plot ideas! I've read The Hunger Games too, so I really like the sound of devloping a plot around the series.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 23, 2010 3:45 am

But the site is Harry Potter, not the Hunger Games. And don't worry Sandra, I'm talking with Darren about something along Order Ministry lines!! Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Sun May 23, 2010 4:11 am

You are correct- this site is based around Harry Potter, not the Hunger Games. Instead of Capitals, we have Spires. Instead of starving children, we have threatened wizard students and grads. Instead of killer bees stabbing people to death we'll have... wait, maybe we'll keep the bees.

But in all seriousness, the Muggle plot should be focused around the Muggles trying to figure out what, exactly, Wizards are. Human fascination and fear begins with acknowledging the unknown. Once the PMC (Private Military Corporation) reveals the truth about Wizards, all the top Universities, underground science lab, every mad scientist will want one for their own experiments. Kind of like a wizard slave trade. We could probably work that in somewhere.

But first, wizards need to be revealed in a presentable manner. Hence, Reality TV. How else would you get people to watch? The show, whatever its called, will be the best method of presenting the concept to the general public. Naturally, many will assume its just a cheap Syfy film... which actually had a budget. But once it starts airing on Fox or CBS, then the muggles will become interested.

One of my personal peeves with HP series is that it never really gives Muggles a chance. In the books, they are but canon fodder. Few of them ever talk. they rarely interacted with the trio. This would give the Muggles more of a presence, which may add to the population of ourtown.
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun May 23, 2010 9:16 pm

But here's the problem, we don't have muggles, and for it to be centred on them discovering what we are we'd have to have a large number of muggle members, and that's where we've fallen short every time we've tried it, there's simply not a market for an in depth muggle plot on a HP site.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Mon May 24, 2010 1:43 am

Who said it would require a muggle to produce all of this? The Death Eaters could manage this, but a more sinister and intricite establishment could perform this as well. We can easily have Human NPCs acting as mere pawns for a sinister manipulator. Not a specific villain- a group of well-connected individuals.

Motive? I dunno... how about I make one up on the spot?

The Spire Tournament (The HP version of Hunger Games) is funded and conducted by a system of Alchemists, Dark Artists, and Magical Entrepreneurs who share a common endeavor- to create the perfect wizard. They have the template- the body of Harry James Potter. They can easily acquire the body Lord Voldemort. And they have the funding and ability to keep their experiments, kidnappings, and thefts a secret from the Magical Community. Now they have begun to produce products, but they must be tested- hence, the spire system. 40 kids and 10 randomly selected Experimental Subjects are placed in a sealed off enclosure which is protected by not only the strongest in Wizard defenses, but the power of magi-tech as well.
"Spared no expense" as Michael Crichton put in Jurassic Park.
Only 15 participants are allowed to survive, while the rest are disposed of. Seven "spheres," 350 participants, and the ultimate test of magic and force. The judges? Everyone. The worst way for the Wizarding community to find out about anything, the ultimate insult- watching their fellows witches and wizards die while a muggle audience votes who gets to move up. They would vote, obviously. What they see must be fake, right?

Slowly but surely, the Lazarus project is weeding out the worst samples. And if not one sample makes it to the top fifteen, oh well. They can just start once more.

How was that?
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandra Archer Mon May 24, 2010 2:16 am

James Wake wrote:Who said it would require a muggle to produce all of this? The Death Eaters could manage this, but a more sinister and intricite establishment could perform this as well. We can easily have Human NPCs acting as mere pawns for a sinister manipulator. Not a specific villain- a group of well-connected individuals.

Motive? I dunno... how about I make one up on the spot?

The Spire Tournament (The HP version of Hunger Games) is funded and conducted by a system of Alchemists, Dark Artists, and Magical Entrepreneurs who share a common endeavor- to create the perfect wizard. They have the template- the body of Harry James Potter. They can easily acquire the body Lord Voldemort. And they have the funding and ability to keep their experiments, kidnappings, and thefts a secret from the Magical Community. Now they have begun to produce products, but they must be tested- hence, the spire system. 40 kids and 10 randomly selected Experimental Subjects are placed in a sealed off enclosure which is protected by not only the strongest in Wizard defenses, but the power of magi-tech as well.
"Spared no expense" as Michael Crichton put in Jurassic Park.
Only 15 participants are allowed to survive, while the rest are disposed of. Seven "spheres," 350 participants, and the ultimate test of magic and force. The judges? Everyone. The worst way for the Wizarding community to find out about anything, the ultimate insult- watching their fellows witches and wizards die while a muggle audience votes who gets to move up. They would vote, obviously. What they see must be fake, right?

Slowly but surely, the Lazarus project is weeding out the worst samples. And if not one sample makes it to the top fifteen, oh well. They can just start once more.

How was that?

Ooooh, nifty. I vote this. But why the Lazarus project?

Anyway, since Sandra is in control of Hogwarts she could easily kidnap Hogwarts students for the Spire Tournament. Field Trip, anyone?
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon May 24, 2010 9:34 am

You did say you wanted muggles... well it's a no for me, i'm looking for something that involves everyone actively, this sounds like a tri-wiz style thing, it involves a few people actively, and everyone hears about it, but not everyone does anything.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Mon May 24, 2010 10:19 am

OOOOoooh yeah, right.....

Ok, so, Project name is irrelevant. I picked the name cuz uesterday I started Mass Effect 2 again. Everything is devised for the sake of proposal. Jess, the numbers listed above are designed to keep things realistic- people would notice if the entire Hogwarts class goes missing. We can involve the whole board if OBTAINING these participants is particularly large scale. When they need 280 participants, they will obviously go for the quantity. Large scale breakouts, mass holdings. Initial testing for the subjects could easily result in huge battles (What to do with a ticking time bomb, hmmm.... Oh, I know, let's unleash it on the streets!)

And then there's the fight to end the Spire Tournament. This area would appear to be the most open and accepting of members. A muggle army for each Sphere, along with a very powerful wizard awaiting the rebellion at the tip of the Spire, and you could have nearly every single member fighting tooth and nail to save the children.

Anyways, I'm sorry I forgot to make an all-encompassing plot... (I got more potential plots >=D)

Also, I think that the Spire tournament could easily lead into the next plot, as one of the victors (or two, depending on who lives or dies) the subject, who, as the perfect wizard will unleash his fury upon the wizarding world. It'd be an interesting tie-in, wouldn't you say?
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon May 24, 2010 11:24 am

Ok, well i've given up on writing this in a prettiful, presentable plot way. So i'll just tell you what's gonna happen.

Ok, so at the moment the order supposedly has the most power in the game right, because we've taken over the ministry and given leadership to one of our own men? Well, i want to change that. Matt's fairly annoyed at me, so we'd have him break off from the order without telling me and ally with the DEs, then turn on us by POSSIBLY taking grimmauld place.

Meanwhile Sandra and her DEs are in hogwarts and make their presence known, if they've not done so already, and really crack down on the students.

So the order has been betrayed by all, and is in need of a hideout, but for now are meeting in various places in the wizarding world briefly, under code, and the Des are trying to find them, while maintaining a grip on the school.

It's not so much an overall plot idea, but more a bunch of subplot ideas, some of which could work together, some of which might not, but there some ideas for people to play with.

Another problem, no one wants to die Razz And the tier system eliminates almost any chance of students winning, though we could wrangle something... we shall play around with the ideas
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top