Rob + Khaat=Abbey - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Rob + Khaat=Abbey - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Rob + Khaat=Abbey

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rob + Khaat=Abbey - Page 7 Empty Re: Rob + Khaat=Abbey

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue May 11, 2010 3:43 am

"Oh well done!" Khaat said, approvingly. Too bad that was going to let Rob out of going--well, most nights anyway. "I'd much rather be in sober company any time. I think that's a very wise way to manage things. I don't drink, myself. Well, I've had a glass of firewhiskey once or twice, but not much more than that. Personally, I'm an addict to just plain black French Roast coffee. That's about the only thing I drink. Sad, isn't it?" she laughed. "The mark of a true workaholic. My coffee cup is just about permanently attached to my hand, I think.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 12:25 am

"I used to be one of the worst drunks you could find," he said sighing. "I also used to be a drug addict, nobody just ever knew. I pretend like it's not real. It only lasted a year, but I doubt I was sober once." he said quietly. "I'm 30 years sober though. But it's a year of my life I'll never get back." he added. His voice fell at this, "I just can't stand to see them waste away their life." He nodded at Khaat, sober was so much better. But he didn't want to stick around on the subject of drugs and drinking. "Coffee's alright, I prefer tea though. I've already ordered the ingredients for gourmet coffee." he said smiling his voice returning to normal pitch. "I like to just sit out side and drink my tea while listening to some calm music," he added. "I'm a simpleton."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 13, 2010 12:45 am

"Me too," she smiled. "I ended up putting in a really nice garden at my place. Well, I didn't do it. I harnessed a couple of friends into doing my planting for me. They took pity on a pregnant woman who got all obsessed about wanting lots of flowers and such, and did a lot of landscaping for me in exhange for some homecooked meals," she laughed. "My idea of a perfect morning is to sit outside in the garden with just my coffee cup and enjoy the sounds of the birds and the feel of the sun on my skin. I'm glad to meet someone who doesn't think simple pleasures like that sound silly.

"And if you like teas, you really will have to try some of the teas my father creates. He makes his own blends. His latest is a blackberry tea that is really divine. Its just as good cold as it is hot.

"I only got hooked on potions one time. And I knew better. I was grieving and wasn't coping well. My father is a potionsmaster, and all I wanted was a potion to make me emotionally numb so I wouldn't feel anything. I knew better than to think I could get that from my father, so I went to Knockturn Alley to get it. This place was back alley even for Knockturn Alley. Bottom line was that they are so badly made that I got hooked instantly. My father saved my life and got me free. It didn't last very long, but I certainly learned my lesson. So anybody that has been down that road and has been clean and sober for as long as you have certainly has earned my respect. Congratulations. That's not an easy record to keep, and very few can say they've been clean that long. You impress me," she smiled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 1:00 am

"That sounds lovely, I like to build things so I built a patio for myself." he told her. "I like my garden, I never hire anyone to do things for me. I feel so helpless when somebody does work for me." he said chuckling. "I have an act for stuff like that," He couldn't help but smile. Things were going well, they had moved on to a brighter subject. "Flowers, I just love flowers. People are so shocked to know what I love and do. Normally people expect me to be all manly and tough cause of the way I look. But I'm not, I don't look it but I'm pretty simple." he added. "Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm saying," Khaat's perfect morning was excellent, though nothing like his. "That sounds nice, but I really like to work out in the mornings. That's when I discover I have the most energy for weight lifting and all."

"I like to be outside at night though, it's my favourite thing to do! Just sitting in my lazy boy chair under the stars on my patio with the lights off." he sighed. He loved doing that, occasionally he'll take a book. "I'll occasionally take a book." he added as well. "Sitting and drinking myself a nice black cherry soda, it's my favourite."

"I'll talk to your father then, he seems like a nice man. Never actually met him though. Wish I had, I'd really like to meet someone like your father. I hear so many stories about him," he said smiling even brighter. "Hmm? Oh thanks," he said, he was blushing a bit. But it stopped, he grinned and continued to speak with Khaat. "So,what do you like to do? Like, other than run the whole hospital." he asked.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 13, 2010 1:14 am

"Ah, well, the hospital has become more of a sideline lately. My father has taken over more and more of it the farther along I got with Abbey. When I'm not pregnant, I love gourmet cooking,baking, reading, running and jogging, gardening, taking long walks with a friend, those sorts of things. I took in a bunch of homeless orphaned teens and they keep the house pretty lively--well, when they're home, that is. You know teens, the last thing they want is to be home with their parents when they can be out having fun. That's okay. It gives them a roof over their heads, someone who is there for them when they need it. I don't know why I do it. I guess I like kids. And these are just really great kids who need someone to give a rat's pj's about them.

"Um, let's see, what don't I do? I do not crochet or knit. I hate it. I don't conjure any meal I fix, I am learning not to be a workaholic anymore. I've actually stopped sleeping in my office...." she laughed.

"And you'd get a kick out of my furniture. It got enchanted through accidental magic. Every piece thinks its alive and some sort of pet. I've actually gotten fond of our ottoman. It thinks its a dog. It will go for walks with me, run out in the yard and play fetch, sleep at your feet..." she laughed. "We even named it Otto. I know, we're nuts, huh?"

"So tell me more about you. You sound like you have just a great life. One I would really like."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 1:26 am

"Well, at least he's trying to help," he said laughing. "Is he succeeding? I'm sure it'd be pretty hard to stop you from working. Well, what I've heard anyway. Stuff can travel pretty fast around this hospital." He glanced down at his watch, wow they had been talking for almost an hour now. Time goes by fast when you're enjoying it. "I can't cook for my own life. I usually order something, or I mooch of my friends. I can't bake, I'm a wreck in the kitchen. I only use my microwave and fridge, oh well the counters but I mean who doesn't," he said chuckling. "Hmmm....I know what you mean, it was the same when I was a teenager. Never wanted to be at home, but the chores had to be done at my dads farm. And my mom was always pampering me, never wanted to leave me. I preffered my father's farm, I at least got out of the house. He was a muggle so there was loads of things to learn from him." he told her smiling.

"I don't either, that's old people stuff. I'm still...kind of young," he said.

"That sounds lovely, I'd love to see your furniture. It sounds like a real blast, all my couch does is sit there and collect dust. I don't know why I have it, I prefer recliner's to be honest. I've used that couch maybe...three times in the past year!" he chuckled. "Ah, my dogs are amazing. A Scottish Terrier and a German Sheppard, they're like my kids. But I got them for my parents, I also got a tatoo for each of them a few days ago." he told her. "I like tatoo's I'm thinking of getting another next year," he said.

"Hmmm....what do I do. Well, I love to volunteer! I enjoy building things, I've practically turned my basement into a wood shop. I really love to work out as I said before, I never feel satisfied until I've gone to the gym each day. I really like to write, oh and playing Quidditch is always such fun!"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 13, 2010 1:39 am

"So you're a farm kid too, huh? So am I. My parents own a really large farm in Cornwall. It was the happiest place I ever knew. My uncle Remus ended up being the one who really raised me. He lived with us, and he and I were so much alike that we were just never apart. Not ever. My uncle and my parents believed I needed to know Defense Against the Dark Arts, so Remus was playing dueling games with me using just sticks off the trees before I was old enough to hold a wand.

"The farm is near a fishing village so I sort of grew up with one foot in the magic world and one foot on the muggle world. I even owned a muggle car when I first moved here. I gave that up. Don't really need it anymore. But my mom talks to animals and specialized in the Care of Magical Creatures. She has a pair of unicorns, a hyppogriff, and she somehow just ended up with a profusion of mutant rainbow colored pygmy puffs. She has no idea how they did that, but they are every color of the rainbow, truly.

As she spoke, one of the healers came in with Abbey's incubator floating behind her in tow. "You did say you wanted to feed Abbey as much as possible, Director? Correct?"

"Correct," Khaat said, smiling.

"Well, it seems she is a very hungry girl," the healer smiled. Khaat motioned the incubator over to her with the flick of a finger and reached in and picked up Abbey easily. The healer gave her a bottle and a soft towel and said, "Do you need me to stay?"

"No thank you," Khaat smiled, "I have it." The healer nodded and left. Khaat tested the bottle on her wrist and easily gave Abbey the bottle. "Experience with lots of other babies," she explained to Blaire. "And Abbey is too little to make much of a fuss. I'm sure if you stay a bit longer you'll meet my father. He won't let his first grandchild out of his sight very long, no matter how busy he is. He is a tad protective."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top