Rob + Khaat=Abbey - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Rob + Khaat=Abbey - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Rob + Khaat=Abbey

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rob + Khaat=Abbey - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob + Khaat=Abbey

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 4:21 pm

She blinked. That was a lot of information for one person to take in but she took it, processed it and made some sense of it before deciding to reply. Phaedra was thankful that her brain was on the ball because she certainly wouldn’t have been able to keep up with that if she hadn’t disciplined her mind to do so. “Ah.” Phaedra nodded. “I think the rest of the Paediatrics team are at home. It was just me back in the ward. In theory the best way to at least ensure some sort of survival estimate is to get the baby out as soon as possible so the situation can be controlled.” She pulled her skirt down a little and readjusted her book in her arms before introducing herself. “Phaedra Mariatos.” She said with a small smile. “I’ll head back in a moment and set an incubator up. Is the father around? Perhaps he could go and get some toys for the baby? Just for a bit of comfort.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sun May 09, 2010 4:31 pm

"I'll find him. He can't be that hard to spot. He'll be the one who will be a mess," Brian laughed. "Well, the one in the worst mess. " Brian said. "Just a moment." He went to the door and called for Robert, who came out.

"Phae," Robert said, "Good to see you. I see Brian has briefed you. We're maybe an hour out. Can you be ready to assist enough to receive my granddaughter, get her cleaned up, and get her set up to meet her parents before we put her in the NICU? She's going to be very tiny."

Brian went down the hallway and spotted the father to be easily. "Mr. Dent," he called, "I'm Brian Quinn. I'm assisting Robert tonight on the healer team for your wife. Does your daughter have any toys we can put in her incubator, to help her eyes learn to focus? Soft things with bright colors are best. Things that will hang a bit. Robert says we may know something in the next hour. So far they're both okay. We're not going to let anything happen to either of them. They're gonna be okay. "
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Adrian Lupin Sun May 09, 2010 4:52 pm

Garulia bit his lip but otherwise ignored the Ex-Death Eater, now Minister. Nodding at Mis, he sighed and glanced at Khaat's door.
"Please be okay...Please be okay..." he kept chanting, as if it would actually make a difference. "Please be okay..."

Please be okay!
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 869
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Lupin Sun May 09, 2010 5:03 pm

Katherine stepped out long enough to go get a few ice chips for Khaat in a glass, and a cup of coffee for herself. But when she stepped out she saw Gar and he looked so lost and frightened that it pulled at her heart. She went overe to him. "Gar," she called softly. She wrapped him in a strong hug. "So far they're both fine. It won't be much longer. I promise. She's tired, but she's strong. She'll be okay. If anybody can get her though this, its Robert. And Robert's brought his friend Brian in to help, and I'll be there. She's got every chance in the world. Can you do me a favor? Run and get Khaat a glass of ice chips so her throat isn't so dry, and I'd love a cup of coffee. Can you do that, please? I'll be right in her room when you get back."
Katherine Lupin
Katherine Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 150
Special Abilities : Medium, Talking to Birds, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 5:09 pm

Phaedra watched the odd man walk down the hallway and glanced at the family who were playing some sort of card game, chucking in galleons that seemed to fill their pockets. Phaedra’s eyes widened to the size of saucers as the brunette carrying a gun threw in what looked like 20,000 galleons. Who had that much money? It was nearly one hundred thousand pounds. Thankfully Phaedra was distracted by Mr. Lupin and she smiled at him. “Of course. Paediatrics is pretty quiet right now so I have got quite a bit of time on my hands. I think Mr. Quinn went down to ask Mr. Dent if he wanted to go and get some toys for his daughter. It should help her focus and get her brain working a little more. Once she focuses on colours she will be able to do things a lot more freely. I will head back down and set up the incubator.”

She smiled at him again and walked back down to her ward. She opened the door and walked inside, leaving it open. She put her book on the desk and walked over to the room the incubators were kept in. She took a newer one out and put it on one of the beds. She opened it up and put a few blankets inside just to make it a bit homelier. There was a knock at the door and she turned around to see a little girl around two years of age run in. Phaedra looked towards the door and smiled shyly at a dishevelled looking man carrying an armful of toys. Phaedra felt her skirt move a little and looked down to see the little girl tugging it. Phaedra knelt down and picked her up before looking at the man who probably wanted to curl up and die. He was the father no doubt.

“You know,” Phaedra said hesitantly. The man looked at her and walked inside. “Centaurs believe that everything, good and bad, happens for a reason. Prophets believe that too but magical ones think the veil has something to do with that. They think the veil has plans for us all no matter what the cost. I wanted to study the veil although I’m not sure I’ll get a chance. What do you think, sir?”
“I think...you should put these in the incubator.” He said quietly. Phaedra bit her lip and looked at the little girl in her arms. “Miami is very social.” He spoke again. “I’m sorry if she’s bothering you.”
“Of course she’s not.” Phaedra said instantly.

She put the little girl down on the bed and took the toys from the man. Then, almost as if she were playing Tetris, she diplomatically packed the toys into the incubator but still managed to leave more than enough room for the little baby due to come soon. Phaedra tapped the incubator with her wand and it rose into the air. She pressed a few buttons, setting it to what was needed for a baby as premature as she expected Mrs. Dent’s to be and looked back at the man. “Perhaps you should get some rest, she advised.” He shook his head and she pressed her lips together in slight irritation. Phaedra gave the incubator a little push and she picked up the little girl the man had identified as Miami. She rested the girl on her hip and gestured for the man to come with her. “You will want to see your wife won’t you?”

“I’ve seen her.” He said a little dully as they walked out into the corridor. Phaedra closed the door that led into the ward and the incubator zoomed off towards the room they were keeping Mrs. Dent in. Phaedra glanced up at the man and bit her lip. “You shouldn’t be so pessimistic. Your daughter and your wife need you.”
“What if Khaat dies, though? What happens then?” He snapped, his eyes darkening with anger.
Phaedra swallowed. She needed to be diplomatic. She didn’t want to anger the man. “Then you get up every day and make sure your daughter lives her life to the full.”
“I-” He struggled. Phaedra really needed another Healer to convince this man. He was awfully stubborn.
“Mr. Dent.” Phaedra said, cutting him off. “I think it’s best if you relax. You are panicking and it’s no good for your health or current temperament.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Adrian Lupin Sun May 09, 2010 5:22 pm

Garulia nodded at Khaat's mother and rushed to get the coffee and the ice. He filled a cup with ice quickly and filled another with hot coffee. When he returned, he stepped carefully into Khaat's room and handed them to Katherine.
"Here you go," he said quietly. He smiled at Khaat, but it was a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 869
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sun May 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Brian watched Phae returning with the NICU, and apparently just in time. Robert opened the door, and called for him and for Phae rather quickly. That told him things were moving quickly now. Abbey was going to be here any minute. He bounced up and almost ran into Khaat's room.

"She's exhausted, Brian, Do what you can to help get her through. Keep her focused. Kate will help. We're working against time now. We have to do this now. " Robert ordered quietly. He knew Phae would already know how to set up for bathing and weighing Abbey, so he did not interfere with her.

Brian went up to the head of the bed and sat carefully on the edge, lifting Khaat a bit for better positioning and laying her soaking wet, thin form against his chest. "Okay, Khaat. We've been through worse than this," he told her. "We just have to hang in for a few more minutes, and we can do that. I need you to focus on me now. Just on me." He took both of her hands tightly in his, his cheek against her hot, burning cheek. He could feel how weak she was. She didn't have much more to give. He glanced at Robert, and he could tell Robert already knew. It was a good think Khaat was so numbed by Robert's continuous spells. Brian could feel that Abbey was only minutes away now. Just mere minutes. He just needed to keep Khaat focused for the rest of the delivery. Brian laid his hand on her forehead and cast an energy spell to give her a bit of extra strength to get her through the toughest of this. It wouldn't last long, but maybe it would be enough to help spare her life.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Phaedra looked up at the call of her name and she glanced up at Mr. Dent who looked considerably shaken. It actually looked as if he was ready to pass out on the floor and Phaedra was beginning to worry about him. She handed Miami to the woman who had got up to retrieve the little girl before putting her hand on his forearm. “Mr. Dent?” she asked tentively. “Are you alright?” He swallowed and looked down at her.
“Uh, Rob. Call me Rob. Mr. Dent is my father.” He managed to smile a little but it didn’t reach his eyes; not even a little. “I’ll be okay in a minute I think.” She nodded and smiled at him before walking to the room his wife was due to give birth in. Her hand just reached the door and she heard a passing conversation between Mr- Rob and his sister.

“Maybe I should get pregnant. All of this seems incredibly fun.” She was mocking him but it wasn’t malicious. Clearly the man had reached the end of the road and he snapped,
“Who would shag you?” there was definitely malice there.

Phaedra opened her door and slipped inside just as the old spell that used to be used by the Appleby Arrows was cast. It made arrows fly from the wand. Clearly this was aimed at Mr. Dent. Phae shook her head and slipped inside. She walked inside and conjured some scales. She set it up and once she was done she filled a large bowl with some warm water. She placed both on a table as well as some towels and walked back to the door. She opened it a little and glanced out to see Mr. Dent’s sister repeatedly hexing him with various spells. Phaedra smiled, knowing the woman was probably only just managing to not use the Cruciatus Curse on him. Phaedra closed the door and turned back around before walking back to the scales and water bowl. From there she waited for any extra direction from Healer Lupin.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun May 09, 2010 5:59 pm

Robert knew that by now there were so many spells muddling poor Khaat's brains that she truly wasn't able to hear anyone but Brian. He knew anything he wanted of her he now had to relay to Brian to relay to her. Then she could hear it. But that was one of the side effects of using so much magic to keep a mother alive. It wasn't unusual, except for the fact that this sort of an emergency birth was a bit unusual in itself. He kept relaying coaching instructions to Kate and Brian until at last, he held Abbey in his hands.

"Well, well," he said calmly, despite how quickly he was working to get her to start to breathe. "Welcome to the world, Abbey. Kate, she's beautiful. And she's perfect. Just perfect. " A miniature cry, even for a newborn, finally erupted from Abbey, miniature and a bit faint. But it was there. Robert, Kate, and Brian all took a sigh of relief.

"Khaat, that's Abbey, " Brian told her, "I can see her. She is incredible! Khaat, she's beautiful, and she's just fine. Listen. You're both fine." Khaat turned into his chest, sobbing with relief, and he held her tightly, comforting her, while Robert worked.

"Okay, Phae, do your stuff, "Robert said, carefully wrapping Abbey in a towel to hand her to Phae.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 6:33 pm

Phaedra awkwardly took the small baby and debated whether she should wash her or weigh her first. Phae decided to wash her first, no child would want to be messy for that long it was just pointless. Phae gently dipped her in the water, supporting her neck and head. She away some of the blood with a small sponge and even cleaned around her small eyes without getting any water in them. She fussed a little and Phae smiled, taking the little girl out of the water. She wrapped her up in a warm fluffy towel and patted her gently, drying her off somewhat. She laid her down on the scales and took the measurements, making sure to take the weight of the towel away from the overall weight.

The weight definitely wasn’t ideal but expected. Phae gently tapped the girl’s nose and she flailed a bit, obviously not liking it. Phaedra smirked and wrote the weight down on the birth certificate. She checked the baby’s weight with a quick spell before measuring her with another. She wrote the measurement down and put the pencil down. She wrapped the little girl up and tapped her nose again. Abbey wrinkled it a little and this time Phae laughed out loud. It was wet but she didn’t quite understand why. She’d dried the little girl off. Phaedra shook her head and dabbed it with the towel. She touched her nose again. It was still wet; odd.

Phae cradled the little girl and tapped her nose again to her attention. The girl could tell where the irritation was coming from this time and inclined her head towards Phaedra. The Healer knew that had she had her eyes open then they’d probably be narrowed. Phaedra smirked and smoothed down the dusting of blonde hair on her little head. She looked at Robert and bit her lip. “Uh... do you want her?” she asked.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top