Rob + Khaat=Abbey - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Rob + Khaat=Abbey - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Rob + Khaat=Abbey

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rob + Khaat=Abbey - Page 5 Empty Re: Rob + Khaat=Abbey

Post by Brian Quinn Sun May 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Brian found that Khaat, even as weak as she was, was restless. Robert's strongest sleep spells weren't holding her. Twice now, Brian had stopped her subconscious from starting a weather storm in her room while she was in a light doze. He hadn't seen her do that since she was a teenager, right after Remus's death. Brian was furious. He was making up his mind. Khaat and Abbey would want for nothing. He would take care of them, take her away from that idiot Rob Dent. He was pacing now, and wiping icicles off the windows
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun May 09, 2010 11:02 pm

Matt knocked on the door, he had been waiting outside and when the healer had come out he knew he should wait and give Khaat some time with her family and friends. He was one of her friends, but only extremely close ones first. He walked in and smiled as he moved over to Khaat, Rob wasn't around so he knew there'd be someone he could yell at later. He could see in Khaat's face she was restless and discouraged, as though she wasn't happy. He looked around, there wasn't anyone in there but a man. Matt could feel the awkward moment in the air before it even started. He chuckled and looked at the man smiling weakly, "Hi, I'm Matt," he said putting his hand out as though to shake the other man's hand.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sun May 09, 2010 11:09 pm

"Brian," he shook his hand. "Her brother. I'm trying to keep her accidental magic under control until she settles. "
He brushed some more icicles off some of the furnishings and waved away, for the moemnt, the icy cold breeze. "So, I take it you're a friend of her's? Or are you a friend of Rob's?" He tried as hard as he could to keep the slightest note of distaste out of his voice where Rob was concerned. "Did you see Abbey yet?"

Then it made sense to him. This was Matt Lestrange. The Minister of Magic. And Khaat was Chief Warlock. Well, that explained at least a cursory relationship, but Brian was not relaxing until he knew if Matt sided with Khaat or Rob. He knew his job as an auror well, and had bodyguarded more than one person in his time. He would never let anyone lay a hand on her while he still breathed.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun May 09, 2010 11:19 pm

Matt eyed him and nodded as he shook his hand, this guy couldn't be her brother. Khaat had never mentioned him and they looked nothing like each other. Plus he could tell something about the way he said it...and he and Khaat where pretty close she would've mentioned one by now. "I'm actually a friend of both of them, but I have a bit more in common with Khaat," he said smiling at him. "Abbey? So, they had a girl then?" he said the smile still on his face. He looked down at the sleeping Khaat, "Why not light a small fire if it starts up again?" he asked looking around the room. "Rob off getting drunk? It's like him, but he's still helped me out of some hard times. Him and Khaat both, she's still helping me cope. And now it's my turn to return the favour....that is if you'll allow me to," he said turning his had to Brian.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sun May 09, 2010 11:31 pm

"Ah, well, Rob wasn't here for her. He came in before her contractions started and left again to overdose himself on some of his personal stock of potions," Brian said, with disgust. "I haven't seen Khaat do this sort of thing since Remus died. It happens when she's beyond being upset, and I think right now, he's tops on her list. She feels like he completely abandoned her.

"The good news is that, yes, she had a little girl. Very premature, though. She's only 3 pounds 9 ounces, about 15 inches. She'll survive, but she'll have to be in the Neonatal Intensive Care for a bit. She is absolutely gorgeous. And the poor thing inherited her father's animagus. The minute Robert put her in Rob's arms, the poor child turned for a moment into a labrador puppy. We changed her back of course. But Khaat was relieved she didn't pass on the Lupin curse to Abbey. Khaat just does not understand why Rob wasnt' here for her when it nearly cost her her life to give birth to Abbey."
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun May 09, 2010 11:40 pm

Matt looked at him shocked, Rob wasn't there, that didn't sound like Rob. Rob was a good man, but he was stupid and idiotic. The amount of positives he had, he had an equal amount of negatives. "Oh, so it's drugs now is it? I'll have to talk to him, I'm one of the few that can actually get something out of him," he told him sighing. "I just wish he wasn't killing himself like this. Khaat needs him, he needs Khaat, but I don't blame Khaat for dropping him if she does." he said closing his eyes. He opened them again and a smile returned to his face, she was going to be okay. "That's great, she's going to be an excellent future Auror!" he said grinning. He chuckled when he mentioned her turning into a puppy, "Ah, it will take some time for her to do that again I'm sure," he said smirking. "Took me a few years to master the art of speaking to animals, should taker her about as much if not longer to turn into one." he said.

"Yes, one does fret about little curse such as that," he said. "One has no intentions of doing so, but fate does not lie in anyone's hands," he told him. He turned back to Khaat, he looked down at her, she would need to be happy soon. Matt was getting better, so Khaat should too. "I'm just glad Khaat survived, I don't know weather I would've been able to handle seeing Rob slowly drink his life away quicker than he already is," he sighed. Rob was nice, stupid, funny, idiotic, an excellent cook, and a terrible drinker. "Rob I think, has made a choice he cannot take back." he said quietly more to himself.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sun May 09, 2010 11:51 pm

"Look," Brian decided to lay his hands on the table. "We both know I"m not her brother. I'm Brian Quinn. Robert's best friend, and Khaat's best childhood friend. She's like a sister to me. I'm an auror and a healer. Robert asked me to help with the delivery tonight. So, yes, I was here. And she's very lucky to still be alive, but that prat she's married to doesn't know that. He didn't even want to pick up his daughter. Robert just sort of stuck her in his arms. The idiot fainted flat out on the floor when she turned into a labrador. Khaat's usually smarter than this, than to pick this sort of a loser.

"He didn't spend one moment of her delivery with her. And spent as little time as possible with his new daughter. When Remus died, I saw Khaat hurt more than any one human being deserves to hurt. I promised her way back then that I would never let her hurt like that again. So, if I have to, I'll take them both. They won't want for another thing in their lives. But she deserves better than this. What kind of a man does that to his wife and daughter? And where the heck is the idiot now? Its all over and he's still not here. The last I saw he was flirting with the healer that was taking Abbey to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. That's inexcuseable in my book."

Khaat stirred and woke, unable to chase away her fears a moment longer. She saw Matt and was relieved. "Matt! " she said, still feeling her father's strongest sleep spell but not able to rest. She reached her hand out to him. "Have you seen her? She's so small. But she made it."
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon May 10, 2010 1:43 am

Matt couldn't help but smile when he began to speak. But it faded after he started to actually get into his rant. Matt nodded at everything Brian was saying, letting him know he was listening. He still wasn't looking at him, he was fixed on Khaat. "Yes, well my Dolohov is dead now. I made sure of that," he said after he had finished speaking. "Everyone goes through something like that in their lives, my wife I had thought had been murdered by Death Eaters after she was kidnapped," he began. "She's alive, and she escaped, she's working at this hospital right now. Yet she has no idea who I am, or who's twin's she's carrying. Or about our other daughter..." he finished. "All it takes is love and someone can get through almost everything. Time however, heals all wounds."

Matt ignored the comments about Rob, Matt liked Rob, but Rob was a bit of an ass at times. Sometimes he was worse, like right now. But he wasn't going to think about now, he had to focus on how Khaat was feeling. Not Rob, Brian, Bob, Joe, or whoever the hell else in the world. "The kind of man who makes mistakes," he couldn't help but blurt out. "Rob is a good man! He just makes terrible choices! Like I said, I don't blame Khaat for dumping him! But she loves him, and Rob loves her! I see it between them," he said. He looked at him, "You don't know Rob, he'll make up for this..." He turned away, "I hope..." he muttered. "Sorry, but I get defensive when it comes to friends!" he told him.

Khaat had woken up he smiled down to her, "Hey Khaaty, how are you feeling?" he asked her. "I'm staying with Noel just a few rooms over. You know Noel, my little Granddaughter," he said chuckling. He wondered how Brian would react hearing he had a granddaughter. Matt took Khaats hand and continued to smile, "No I haven't seen her yet, but I hear she's already amazing. But I have a few things to tell you, a few important things." he whispered.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 10, 2010 1:53 am

"Of course," Khaat agreed. "Brian, please go check on Abbey? Please?" Brian knew it was his cue to go for a bit. He kissed her forehead. "I'll be back, Babe. Promise," he said. She nodded, smiling. He left.

"So, sit. Tell me what's going on," she said to Matt, eager to talk about anything that would stimulate her mind, and redirect it from anything other than where her own mind kept going. "Come talk to me. Tell me about Noel. How's she doing?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon May 10, 2010 2:00 am

Matt didn't sit down but remained standing, he let go of Khaat's hand and began to walk around the room. He wondered where he should start, there was so much to talk about. He decided to start with answering her question about Noel. He nodded as Brian left and began to speak, "Noel's alright, she's sick but she's doing well. She's staying a day longer than they had thought though," he told her. He pulled out his wand and two styrofoam cups out. He tapped each so they would float, and then again so they were filled with coffee. He made one float over to Khaat for her to grab and he took his. "Thought you might need one of those," he said grinning.

"There's also, another thing that was brought to my attention yesterday," he said stopping pacing and looking at Khaat. "Emmy, my wife, has apparently escaped the Death Eaters," he began. "And uh, she has no recolection of her life beforehand therefore. She has....no idea who myself or Sophia are..." he said quietly. "Did you employ an Emmanuelle Throne as a healer this month?" he asked her.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top