A Bright Day on the Dark Side - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Bright Day on the Dark Side - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Bright Day on the Dark Side

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Bright Day on the Dark Side - Page 2 Empty Re: A Bright Day on the Dark Side

Post by Suzannah Malfoy Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Suzannah listened to him as he shared with her his secrets. She frowned when he stopped, she wanted him to go on and tell her about his desires. "No, no, please go on. You are driving me crazy! I want to know you better!" She pleaded for him to continue. She wanted him to pour out to her, she never knew anyone like him, and she felt so intrigued by him, and wanted to know more and more. "You know what's weird.." She said lowly, "I've never felt so.. so into someone like I am in you, I just want to know everything about you. I feel like we have so much in common with each other" She explained, now realizing that she was babbling. She never babbled, she only did that when she was nervous, or when she didn't know what to do.... or when she really liked someone.

No. There was no way that she liked him. She only just met him! She tried to shake the idea out of her head, but it wouldn't go away. Suzannah smiled nervously at his laugh and got butterflies when he said that they should walk together. "Um, sure. Where would we go, though?" She asked "There's nothing interesting here" She ensured him. There really wasn't anything to do there, but she was sure anywhere would be great if she could be with and talk to Alester. Suzannah gazed at him with a slight smile on her face, glad that she bumped into him here.
Suzannah Malfoy
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:01 am

Alester took her intrest in stride... she was interesting in a different means- she didn't challenge him much and he wasn't certain how to take that, she just accepted him. It was unusual. He found himself revealing parts of him that most people never saw. His face lit up and the silver falshed brightly in his eyes as a spark of mischief passed through his mind. Will you trust me? I know of something very interesting here, but it may be more than you can handle...it's my own --- he paused how to describe his torture chambers to an outsider? It was his private experimentation chamber, his lab, and where he carried out some of his darker tests and curiosities.

He looked at her with a queer expression, It's my own private sanctuary, I will warn you I won't take you all the way inside and we won't walk there. There is; however, an outer chamber that is sufficient to relax a bit and we can get a snack, it is getting later in the day and I fancy a cup of ......tea, umhmm yes tea. You must trust me though, because we shall apparate there; have you sidealong apparated before? He looked expectantly at her, and held his hand out for her to take. He hoped she would not be offended because she would be presed against his side as they apparated... and for once he was glad he was thin and tone without the pudgy middle that seemed to be popular these days. He laughed and asked only once, Come into my lair said the spider to the fly.

He held his hand out palm up for her to take if she chose. If not he would suggest the least dingy of the establishments for the butterbeer -or more- he was considering, tea indeed he thought with that coy smirk again on his face.
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzannah Malfoy Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:11 am

Suzannah didn't know what to think of Alester; his moods seemed to shift every two seconds. But he was still a great person and she loved to be around him. "Hm... I don't know if I can trust you... you could be a murderer, a vigilante with nothing more than my own demise dancing behind your eyes..." She smirked as she quoted him from that day in Charms class. She waited a moment before looking back up at him with sarcastic eyes. "Of course I trust you. I doubt that it's anything that I can't handle... I've witnessed murders before.." She left out the part where she has murdered before. She never told anyone about that incident, though it was a total accident. Suzannah would tell Alester when they were sure to be alone, she didn't want anyone to hear her. "It's your own what? Tell me " She smiled wanting to know what he was going to say.

"Your own private sanctuary? And you want to share it with me?" She asked, confused a little. Her? Out of all people? Seems unusual. "That would be great, but are you sure you want to drag me along?" She looked at his hand as he held it out to her, she reached out and grabbed his hand, holding it softly in her's. Her hand was cold, but his hand was warm, like fire and ice. "Well, I've never actually apparated before" She admitted, looking over to him. "And how far away is this 'private sanctuary' of yours?" Suz grinned.
Suzannah Malfoy
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:30 am

Her hesitation was another point in her favor, she did not leap blindly into things, another test passed. But her voice was a mystery to hinm, he couldn't comprehend the tone or cadence- when she asked where they were going, it was --he was lost to describe her. But her touch was a contrat of opposites. His body temperature always ran higher than the average human, it was a testament to his physique and high metabolism he supposed. But her fingers were icy and melted into his hand comfortably. He couldn't contain the chuckle when she admitted having never apparated, he was fully eighteen now yet had been able for a couple of years because his mother thought it important for him to learn.

He grasped her hand firmly and looked into her eyes with a smile firmly planted on his lips, Not too far, here in the alleyways behind the muggle facade. and before she could say anything further he pulled her closer and thought of where they were headed. The familiar feeling of being squeezed through a tight tube pulled at him crushing her closly to his body. He instinctively pulled her closer to remind her he was still there. His memory of his first apparation was clearly affixed in his mind, and the sensation of being utterly alone even with someone right next to you caused him more concern than he would have normally shown. But almost as soon as it began the sensation was over and they were standing next to a nicer, yet still nondescript, building. He looked at her with his eyes assessing her, many people threw up after their first apparating, although he figured her to be stronger than that.

He gave her a reassuring look and stepped to the door, he pulled out a small blade from his robes and slit the pad of his thumb swiping it over the doorpost. The blood seemed to dissolve into the wood and was soon completely gone from sight, and the door popped open. He waited for a second and a light came on in the entryway, Ladies first? he asked sincerely trying to be polite.
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzannah Malfoy Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:56 am

Suzannah held his hand tightly, getting nervous to apparate with him. She clenched her eyes shut as they began to apparate, she could feel her skin being squeezed, as if she were sent through a narrow tube. At first, she completely forgot that Alester was still there with her, but instantly realized his presence when he pulled her against him. Suzannah began to get dizzy, so she put her arms around his slim figure, pressing her face into his side with her eyes squeezed shut. The whole experience seemed instant, as they soon showed up to their destination. She continued to squeeze herself against him, not actually realizing that they were there until she opened her eyes. 'Woah" She said, breathless. Suz looked up at him, her arms still around his form, and quickly pulled away. Obviously she pulled away too quickly because she stumbled to the ground. "Uuuugh. Thanks for warning me" She groaned.

Suz got back up to her feet and kept a hand on her head, still a little dizzy, and watched him slit his thumb and open the door. She looked into the entryway, it was dark and silent, she looked up at Alester for reassurance. "Uh.. no you can go first" She said, gingerly. As he walked in, she stood closely to him, looking around the dark room, not being able to see anything. She was beginning to feel better when she walked, and put her hand back to her side, but still walked closely to him.
Suzannah Malfoy
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:13 am

Alester had really not counted on her having such a reaction, if he had he would have caught her when she stumbled instead of being too preoccupied with opening the door as sureptitiously as possible. He should have warned her more about what to expect, but he had not really thought about it. He stepped further into the building and lights came on without his doing anything. The building had been enchanted to anticipate his every need, and he was pleased it was still workign effectively.

He waited until their eyes adjusted to the now lighted interior and strode over to a comfy pair of windsor wingback chairs he had borrowed from home. There was a fireplace and the chairs were facing it. As he took his seat a fire crackled to life in the grate and a pot settled itself on the hook. It was primitive but functional. He lay his arm on the back of one chair and cast his gaze around making certain that no other had broken his security. He knew it was perfunctory and he knew as soon as he had stepped inside no other had been here save for him. There was a working refridgerator and a full complement of bar that had been put to good use many times, and held potions as well as beverages.

It is not home, but it is where I feel most myself. Can I offer you anthing? his eyes were shining again, this was the very first time someone had been brought here without any ulterior motive behind their presence. He was not certain why he had brought her, and yet he knew he was not going to give her the "grand tour: either. Not yet...
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzannah Malfoy Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:25 am

Suzannah, the light-headed feeling now gone, stood up straight as the lights turned on. She looked around the large room up and down. It took her a moment to realize that Alester had taken a seat already, and she approached him and took a seat next to him. As she sat comfortably in her seat, she watched the fire, as it softly flickered and crackled; she bit her lip as she daydreamed, staring into the roaring fire. Suzannah had a tenancy to fade in and out of reality, always making up scenarios for every little thing in her life, or wishing for things that she wanted. She looked up from the fire as she heard Alester's voice addressing her.

"No thank you" She kindly refused. She watched him as he shuffled around, gazing at every little detail of his 'sanctuary'. She sat up and folded her legs into a pretzel shape, getting comfy as the heat from the fire brushed against her skin. Suzannah looked at him, her eyes twinkling in the light. "So, what do you usually do here?" She asked curiously, continuing to look around the room.
Suzannah Malfoy
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:45 am

Ne'Os had followed Alester and the death eater to the warehouse. He had followed them by the roof tops. He walked to the loding dock door and pressed the buzzer button. He wore long black robes with a hood that covered his face so it was hidden On his belt was a silver rapier and four silver daggers. He waited wondering if Alester would answer or if he would have to break the door down.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:04 am

Alester's eyes shone darkly at her near innocent inquiry; there was no way he could answer that, not yet. He did not know her well enough to trust her this deep into his own private world. He had broken a silent vow to himself bringing her here, and there was no telling what else had changed in his world. He glanced surreptitiously at the room; and looked over it with close scrutiny. This appeared to be a normal sitting room, the Windsor chairs arranged near the fireplace a bar on one side ready for entertaining. Admittedly it was a little weird housed inside the warehouse shell, but it made it less likely to attempt to be broken into. It was pretty much his home away from home.

The concealed doors were well hidden and even knowing where they were he could only just see them. They had enchantments and concealments and many protective charms on the entire place; he was careful about this place, it was his lair and he did not feel ready to reveal just how dark he could go to her yet. She was still an unknown entity, on their way to becoming friends but still too much he did not know about her and he was not ready to share with her.

Instead he made his way to the bar and poured himself a butterbeer into a shiny clean glass and took a deep drink. He gathered his thoughts and looked at her again, We shall have to take a rain check on the tour, perhaps someday I will show you the rest of the place. This is where I come to gather my thoughts and I conduct experiments here in my lab. Well, back in the lab he said without indicating which direction was back. I escape from the world here; I have bedrooms, even a guest room! He had to laugh at that, why he was telling her a lot of the layout of the place he could not guess, but it was almost a release to share the confines of his sanctuary, it made it more like a headquarters and less a solitary mad scientist lab. Power unless shared is empty.

He was saved any further attempt at sociability by the delivery buzzer going off. His eyes flashed dangerously, who knew he was here? He excused himself to the doors in the darkness beyond the room. Sliding it open he saw a figure emanating a powerful aura and dressed all in black robes the hood carefully concealing his face, Who dares intrude here? He asked the King of Swords already in his fingertips and the shadows lengthening along the back of the warehouse as the protective measures began to kick in.
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:38 am

"The one that dared slay the dark lord" he said simpley taking his hood off. HHis skin was deathly pale and drawn around his cheekbones, his eyes were jet black and his fangs showed when he spoke. "I noticed you and your..girlfriend and couldnt help but drop by you know since your girlfriend is a death eater and all" he said wwatching the shadows behind Alester "I assure you any protective messure you send against me will fail." he said bluffing.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top