Class Seven - Basic Level - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Class Seven - Basic Level - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Class Seven - Basic Level

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Class Seven - Basic Level - Page 2 Empty Re: Class Seven - Basic Level

Post by Abbey Dawn Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:33 am

Abbey ran into the classroom and took a seat in the back of the room to hopefully not be noticed by the Professor.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:45 am

I looked around still nervouse i would either not fit in or i would end up not being as smart as the others. I noticed abbey come into the room but noticed she didnt notice me...
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:54 am

''Miss Dawn, you have joined us. What a pleasure. But now, since no one has replied to my questions, I will explain what we are going to do today. Firs of all, object transfiguration enables us to transform any object, any existing object into another object or into a living creature. Since we have dealt with living creatures, today we will be working with cross-object transfiguration. When we are done with that, we shall transfigure an inanimate object into an animate object, and then, using untransfiguration, return it to its original state. So, before you, you have a wooden box. The wooden box is empty. What I want from you is to transfigure the box into a clock. When you are done with that easy task. I want you to make the clock sing and dance, which you will do using inanimate to animate transfiguration. In the end, I want those wooden boxes back. Now, we shall deal with these three types until semester ends. We do not have much classes until we finish, which means that you do not have much time to better your grades. Next time, we shall be dealing with rocks, then with switching trapped objects, then with explosions and finally, with dancing knights. Our last class is reserved for an exam, which means that we only have four classes until the final exam. Work hard, because you do not have much time.'', McCoy said with a smile.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Number of posts : 226
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:51 pm

Professor... I.. I dont know how to transfigure inanimate object into an animate object Aurora looked stupid as she said that. She was troubled now that she would be made fun of for not knowig something when it came time to class.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:05 pm

''Oh, we do seem to have a problem. But, nothing to worry about. Inanimate to animate is the hardest part of your Basic training, like conjuration for the N.E.W.T.-s. But, you will have to learn it. There are some particular spells that we shall practice in the future, but these are just the basics. What you have to do is concentrate. When you get the watch, just concentrate on seeing it dance. It is pretty easy, once you manage to do it the first time. Transfiguration does require skill, but it also requires concentration. Just try and concentrate. If it does not go well, I'll jump in.'', McCoy said with a smile.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Elyssa Llewellyn Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:38 pm

Elyssa felt relieved when someoneasked a question before her. It's not a good habit she got used to but she couldn't refrain from asking questions. She knew what to do but the always problem is the spell,What spellUhmm.. Professor, sorry to be rude but what exactly are the spells we're going to use when your transfiguring a box to a clock,and make it sing and dance and change it back to a box she felt as though blood had flooded to her face every time she asked this question and she hoped that her professor won't get mad at her questions.
Elyssa Llewellyn
Elyssa Llewellyn

Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:26 pm

Aurora sat there still confused. She didnt seem to understand much about this but she thought she would at least try before getting any further help.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:13 pm

''Oh, we seem to have a problem with the basics here. Transfiguration does not always require a spell. Some of the transfigurations do, indeed, require spells, but this is an example of the ones that do not. As I have said, earlies, just concentrate, imagine what you want go get, direct that concentration to your wand and you should succeed. If you still have problems, I'll jump in.'', McCoy explained.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Elyssa Llewellyn Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:50 pm

Elyssa sat there a bit embarrassed of what she asked. "Oh, I'm so sorry professor, maybe I forgot the basics... Maybe I'll go first then." . Elyssa then arranged the wood upside down cause for her that will make her more easily to concentrate.She closed her eyes a clock, a clock, a clock she whipped her wand and pointed it to the box and she opened her eyes now happiness seemed to radiate there cause just a few inches away from her is a clock. One down, two to go. She didn't want to close her eyes now. a singing and dancing clock a singing and dancing clock ... Again she made a slight movement on her wand and pointed it to the clock in front of her. Nothing happened, Oh come on, and the clock was vibrating and making some squeaky sound. Oh at least there's a difference Last one, a wooden box a wooden box she just made the same thing she did a while ago,then, some part of the clock became wood, she repeat it again and the other half that is still clock became wood in a shape of a clock. Hahaha She bit her lip to force herself not to laugh at HER work. "That's the best I can do professor" she said and there's a little triumph in her voice. She put her wand back inside of her robes.
Elyssa Llewellyn
Elyssa Llewellyn

Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:00 pm

McCoy looked at her work and smiled. ''Good try, Miss Llewellyn. I have not seen such a wooden figure. I think I will keep it. It is pretty interesting. A satisfactory E for you and 30 points for Gryffindor. Good job, I am satisfied.'', he said gently.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top