Basic Level - Class 10
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Basic Level - Class 10 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Basic Level - Class 10

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Basic Level - Class 10 Empty Basic Level - Class 10

Post by James William Wilson Mon May 03, 2010 12:04 pm

He adores exams. Just a task, not much work for him, no control, no helping, no work. He just had to think of something interesting, which he did, and then sit and observe. He entered his classroom, re-arranged the desks and took a seat, waiting for the students to come.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Basic Level - Class 10 Empty Re: Basic Level - Class 10

Post by Elijah Krum Mon May 03, 2010 2:04 pm

Firm words from authority figures fell on deaf ears if they were directed at Elijah. It seemed, though, as if those words were finally getting through the foreigners thick skull. Although he’d been procrastinating for long enough he realised that it was high time he actually started to do something in school. He wasn’t an idiot; he knew that being an artist wouldn’t get him anywhere. It had so far but he was sure that the French would leave him alone if he didn’t turn out anything by the end of the month. His dealer was waiting for it but he couldn’t find any decent models. So for now his profession had been put away and he had decided to focus on some of the more important things that needed dealing with; like school for instance.

Elijah wasn’t the best student in the world; far from it. He had as much talent as the next person and he was pretty intelligent for his age he just didn’t use it much to the dismay of his mother who would now often write to him to ask how his classes were. He had nothing to report of course as he rarely went to classes. She’d given him a lecture and sent a few Howlers to make sure he’d heard her loud and clear. She wanted him in class because she wanted to know what he was up to in school. Eli decided that it was probably high time he did go to classes as well. He wanted to at least complain about the classes if anything. She wanted to know and there was no way he could lie about them because she would see right through him. So, he decided to placate her and attend class.

The hallways were crowded but people were slowly beginning to make their way to class. Eli wasn’t really paying a lot of attention to the masses; he was fiddling with the Slytherin tie that his mother had also insisted he wore. He still had the emblem necklace and the chocker around his neck but he looked a little bit smarter than usual. He actually had his robes on and his shirt was tucked in and the rest of it. He looked okay but his hair was still windswept and messy. The only problem he was having as the cold air against his chin and the lower part of his face which was now devoid of all hair. His mother’s Howler had been charmed and the bloody thing had basically eaten all of the facial hair. That had irked him to no end even after he set the thing on fire.

Once the tie had been sorted Elijah focused on manoeuvring his way through the crowds. He held the strap of his messenger bag just to make sure it didn’t fall of his shoulder and edged his way through a gaggle of Gryffindor fourth years gushing over the newest copy of Witch Weekly. He smiled apologetically and ducked his head down so he didn’t have to see their murderous glares. He ducked underneath the flailing legs of a first year that was being carried to a Seventh Year’s class and turned around momentarily to see the Seventh Year hurtle around the corner with the First Year over his shoulder. Elijah smirked and turned away. He walked down the rest of the corridor and stopped outside of the Defence against the Dark Arts classroom. There was no notice on the door today which meant they weren’t’ learning outside again. It was quite a nice day outside but nothing spectacular so Eli didn’t care either way.

He exhaled slowly and glanced down the corridor at the billowing ribbon of people that seemed to be coming from nowhere. He shook his head and opened the door of the classroom. He stepped inside and closed it behind him and turned around. The layout had changed to an exam setting and anyone with half a brain would have known what it meant. Eli wasn’t sure he’d made the right choice coming to class today but he knew that it made no difference. Even if he had chosen to go to the class after and continue from there he’d still end up in an exam lesson. He pressed his lips together and his eyebrows knitted together momentarily before he relaxed. The tense muscles in his shoulders seemed to relax as well and he made his way towards the front of the class.

Elijah decided on a desk at the front near the aisle through the middle and deposited his bag underneath the desk. He swallowed a little nervously. He was worried about the exam because he had no idea what it was on but he knew he had to relax if he had any chance of completing and passing the exam. Eli took his seat and glanced at the Professor who was almost glowing. Obviously he liked exams quite a bit. Elijah pressed his lips together again before deciding to speak, “Good Morning, sir.” That was probably the best he could come up with – an open and closed sentence. He took a book from his bag and put it down on the table. He flipped through it and settled on the passage about Doxies. From there, he began to read.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Mon May 03, 2010 2:15 pm

Exams. They have always made her nervous. Even just a little test on the lessons would make her creep out as if they were a simple water. She didn't know what Wilson was up to this lesson but the only thing what she wanted today was not to fail this class. Although, who knew – she has been all in depression lately, and quite unactive in lessons, though, that was also enough to keep her grades to medium as an average student. Well, she was a Hufflepuff student after all, not a Ravenclaw one, though, she wished she was one. But now as she was thinking it all over, she wasn't even smart.
As she entered the classroom, Miseria was actually surprised to see that the classroom was almost empty. Only one student, Elijah, and a teacher, who sat on his chair. She couldn't see any of the parchment on the table which meant that there will be a lot more than she had imagined. But still, that didn't make anything better. She was feeling sick, and she wouldn't be actually surprised if she'd faint. The softy, as she was.

“Good morning, professor,“ she greeted, surprised how her voice sounded. Not like in the inside, her voice was full of joy, greetment and the way she spoke, was like she was feeling really good. Great. Now they may think that she was so concern about herself, and she was so damn sure that she won't fail. Right. Yes, she was studying all night long, and weeks before the exam, she couldn't remember anything. Finally, she took a seat on her place.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Mon May 03, 2010 2:49 pm

OOC: Sorry for missing your class, Wilson. I have been offline for a couple weeks for a massive, major surgery. Andrew is going to cover himself accordingly. My apologies. I have another 6 weeks or so at home to recover, so I should be able to catch up.

Andrew entered the class room, running down the hall and coming to a screeching halt just at the doorway of the classroom. He entered, trying to gather his nerves. He’d never taken an exam before ever in his life. He was terrified. He hadn’t started at the beginning of the term to begin with, and then he’d missed the last class. He had no idea what to expect out of this experience.

He went up quietly to the professor’s desk. “I’m sorry I was absent yesterday, professor. I…um..found there is a limit to how many chocolate frogs I can eat at one time. Candy is still a new thing for me, I’m afraid. My father didn’t believe in it, but I guess its not a good approach to try to make up for it all at one time. I am very sorry. It won’t happen again.”

He retreated to a seat beside a young man that Andrew felt would make two of him with some left over. This young man seemed to tick off Professor Wilson without even trying for some odd reason, but today Andrew felt like there might be safety in numbers. He felt his pocket. Frog was still there. He had brought Frog today, but had told him expressly not to say the slightest croak or to jump out for any reason. He had to stay in the pocket and stay still. He didn’t take Frog along every day, but today, Andrew was scared, and he needed all the security he could get.

He had done his best to read the text book until he could almost cite the whole book in his head, but that did not replace the practical work he had missed. There was no replacing that. He wanted to do well here. It was important to him that he proved his father wrong. That he wasn’t a no count. That Andrew mattered.

Well, he did have an official guardian now. Maybe that counted for something. He wasn’t sure why the man and his son had taken him in. They didn’t know him from Adam’s cat. But they seemed to like him and they treated him well. Better than anyone had ever treated him in his life. He even had a room that was better than any fantasy he’d ever had in their home. But Andrew didn’t know how to reciprocate their clear affection for him. He’d never cared about anybody before but Frog.

But he didn’t want to be a no count forever. His father had drilled it into him that he was a no count squib until he had believed it. Hogwarts had given him a chance to change that, and he didn’t want to blow that. He wanted to make it right, but what would happen if he didn’t pass this? Would he have to go back to that awful house he had with his father? Would it all unravel?

His hands shook so badly he could barely get out his pen, a sheet of paper and his text. He tried to cram more information from the text into his head, but nothing was sticking anymore. It went out faster than it went in. It frustrated him and increased his fear uncontrollably.

He looked over at the larger boy and asked very softly, “What happens if I fail this? Do they send me home? They wouldn’t send me there, would they?”
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Elyssa Llewellyn Mon May 03, 2010 3:18 pm

Elyssa entered the classroom of Defence Against the Dark Arts. Somehow, she had been dreading for this day to come but was surprised to find herself excited about the exams. Exams...exams....exams.. It seemed to be that her heartbeat make those sounds in her head. She wasn't horrible or something bad at it but what if she got a T or even D. She didn't want to think about it now. She settled herself down shaking as though the temperature had dropped to 0 degrees. She's also sweating. This is her first time to take an exam so she didn't know or haven't experienced what it was like. She studied hard as long as she could tell though even if she tell herself about this her heart would just thumped more faster she'll not be surprised if it explode. "Go..Good Mmm..morning Professor" she greeted trying her best not to look shaken or afraid. She didn't dare took out her parchment and quill as she took her seat as though there were something to copy down but rather she took out her book and began to read again. What will professor Wilson have for us? he seemed to be in good mood. Is it a good sign or not?What if she got lost of herself while he's asking her. That's not impossible by the looks of it. She might faint. Or be mental blocked. She tried her hardest to understand what she's reading but she can't understand a word of it. So she dropped the plan of reading while waiting for others and tried to clear her mind and be on focus.
Elyssa Llewellyn
Elyssa Llewellyn

Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Mon May 03, 2010 4:17 pm

James had no reason to fear an exam. It was a pointless exercise to analysis how much one could analyze and memorize. Both of which were his strongest points. He had attended every class he could, heavily editted the Defense against the Dark Arts book. When he entered the room, the shifty atmosphere was lost on him. The anxiety of others was never his own. James took a seat, and tapped his quill against the desk, checking to see if any ink had been left on it from the last class. "Good morning Professor," he said in his usual, detached tone.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Mon May 03, 2010 5:17 pm

Abbey walked into the classroom, slightly tired from staying up rather late to study last night. Exams. Just the word made her want to pull her hair out. What was the point of exams?, she would often wonder. Were they only put on the Earth to torture students like herself and others? But there wasn't any time for wondering simple questions like that, because she needed to go over notes and such in her head.

Abbey sat down at a desk and thought over and over again in her head all that she had studied last night. She had almost killed herself trying to read all the chapters in her textbook so she would be more than prepared today. Unfortunately, she was having pre-test jitters, and couldn't remember for the life of her half of what she'd read. Abbey tried pulling herself together in the hopes that once the actual test started, all of the content she'd read would come flooding back to her.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Mon May 03, 2010 9:06 pm

Tiredly Aurora walked into the room. She hadnt gotten much sleep the night before. She sat down Her crutches by the door and hopped to the closest desk. She was weaker than she was before she started using the crutches and her arms couldnt stand the crutches. She got to the desk after about 10 hops and sat down leavind her crutches next to the door by the wall. Hello professor sorry about leaving my crutches by the door but my parents told me to hope around on the fine leg when i get to my classes so that i have a stronger leg. Of corse my mum would say this since she is a muggle nurse. Aurora Took from her pocket her quill and parchment in case she needed it. I think there is an Exam today. Aurora thought to herself.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie Weasley01 Tue May 04, 2010 3:40 am

Natalie entered the room and she sense the nervousness for the exams maybe for the first years she thought but for her exams are good and something not to be nervous for but yes she's worried if she got a P or D or worse T but so far in her three years of studying at Hogwarts she hasn't got a T in an exam. Hope it is the same for this one She studied hard last night so she was quite confident about it. "Good Morning Professor Wilson" she said in a rather cheerful way. She sat into her usual chair and took out her textbook and began to read again.
Natalie Weasley01
Natalie Weasley01

Number of posts : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 9:44 pm

grace walked into the class room. she was still trying to figure out where every thing was and who people were. she new nothing about macgic. infact she had just learned she was a witch while her brother was just a normal person
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top