Class One - Basic Level
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Class One - Basic Level Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Class One - Basic Level

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Class One - Basic Level Empty Class One - Basic Level

Post by William Winston McCoy Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:11 pm

Another day, another class. Professor McCoy had replaced professor Emof, who had work in the Ministry, not a long time ago. He liked teaching, especially Transfiguration. He had done some teaching jobs before, but Transfiguration was always his favorite. He wrote his name on the blackboard and sat on his desk, waiting for the students to arrive. He also waved his hand and wrote the title of today's lesson - INTRODUCTION TO TRANSFIGURATION.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Number of posts : 226
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Class One - Basic Level Empty Re: Class One - Basic Level

Post by Dominique E. Weasley Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:48 pm

Elv walked to transfiguration class. She opened the door and saw no one there but a professor. She walked into the class, smiled to the substitute professor. "Morning professor... I'm Elvaleryn Weasley. Elv to be short..." she said cheerfully as always and bowed a bit to the professor.
Dominique E. Weasley
Dominique E. Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 832

http://www.houseofmagic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:10 pm

Transfiguration was never his favorite subject but he had no other choices, he knew that as long as he was in school he had to study no matter what. Daniel walked in early - first thing in the morning and began to look around for anyone he could recognized today in class though it seem very short at the moment just him and Elvaleryn; he smiled and walked over to where she sat but before he filled up the vacant seat beside her her decided to ask her first. "Hey Elv, may I sit here. Please?" he asked as he smiled as warmly as he could muster then he looked up at the Professor and gave him a welcoming, inviting smile with a slight nod, jerking his head upward. "Morning, Professor," grinned Daniel trying to be as cheerful as he could though things were hard for him right now, it just he didn't want anyone to know although he knew that by now everyone would've probably noticed by now. He looked down at Elvaleryn who hadn't answer yet. "If it taken then it fine," he added quickly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:26 am

Abbey walked into the classroom, a bit down. She knew a new professor was replacing Professor Emof because of his death. Abbey loved meeting new people, but she had been fond of Professor Emof because he was quite nice to her during class. Abbey decided she better start of happy, so she walked up to the new professor and introduced herself. "Good morning, Professor. My name is Abbey Dawn, third year Hufflepuff. May I ask what your name is?"
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique E. Weasley Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:39 pm

Elv looked at Daniel who suddenly came to the class. She smiled to him. "It's empty, Danny. You may have it." she said cheerfully. "Nice weather today, isn't it?" she asked him. Elv loves every classes that she attends. Eventhough she isn't expert in every subject, but still, she loves them. And Danny, her friend, she didn't see him for quiet long time. Elv wondered what was happen to him. "Long time no see anyway, Danny..."
Dominique E. Weasley
Dominique E. Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:14 pm

Professor McCoy stood up. There were only three students, but he was happy he could teach at least something. ''Good morning to you all. I am professor William Winston McCoy, and I will be teaching you Transfiguration this year and, I hope, the next few years. The three of you are Mr. Valentine, and Misses Weasley and Dawn, if I presume correctly. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Now, for today's lesson. Since this is our first class, I will only give you a short introduction to the subject and art of Transfiguration. But, before you listen to this old man talk, would any of you three try to define Transfiguration, both as a general term used in the Muggle world and as a magic discipline?'', he asked.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique E. Weasley Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:46 am

Elv smiled to the professor as he mentioned her name corectly. She raised her hand after he gave the the question. "Transfiguration is the art of changing of the form and appearance of an object. There are limits to transfiguration, which are governed by Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfiguration. There are also many branches of Transfiguration, including Self-Transfiguration and Cross-Species Transfiguration." she explained her answered as she already read some books about transfiguration. She is a library girl, anyway.
Dominique E. Weasley
Dominique E. Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:12 pm

''You seem to know a lit, Miss Weasley. These are not just basic information. Ten points for Gryffindor. Since this is an introductory class I will finish this one shortly. As Miss Weasley correctly said, Transfiguration is the art of transforming one object into another. It can be performed in a variety of ways and can result in a variety of transformations. Some parts of transfiguration are regulated by Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfiguration, which you will describe in detail. Regarding its branches.

Animagi are people with the ability to transform themselves into animal. It is an ability that can be learned an practiced during your life, but... in order to act freely, you have to register yourself in the Ministry. Metamorphmagi are similar, but have much more options regarding their transformations.

Conjuration is a special branch that we will explore on your N.E.W.T. classes. It is the ability to conjure objects from thin air. This is the branch of Transfiguration that is mostly restricted by Gamp's Law.

Cross-Species Transfiguration is the opening lesson for N.E.W.T.-s and gives us the ability to transform one species into another. Inanimate to Animate Transfiguration allows us to transform gargoyles, for example, into living creatures.

Self-Transfiguration is probably the most difficult branch of transfiguration. It allows us to transform ourselves into any object. It requires big skill and a lot of knowledge or else... You can transform only parts of your body, but also the whole body.

Untransfiguration is simple - the ability to return a transfigured object in its original state. It can get more complex, though. Depending on the complexity of the original spell.''
, McCoy said.

He then looked at the class. ''This has been brief and, I hope, not too boring. For your homework, I want an essay about Gamp's Laws. What are they and what they restrict. At least 5 paragraphs, although not too long. You have one week, means until 28 NOVEMBER. People who do not write their homework will get a T. Class dismissed, see you next time.'', McCoy said.

(Classes will be shorter now, since I have a quota to fill until term ends.)
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top