A Matter of Education
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Matter of Education Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Matter of Education

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Matter of Education Empty A Matter of Education

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:43 pm

The Matter of Education.

We’ve got the drop-outs group which exiles certain characters from Hogwarts for certain reasons. However, there doesn’t seem to be much going on with that group. It seems to me that it is just there for the hell of it – something that has to be there but doesn’t really have much to do with the site as a whole. Most of the drop-outs don’t have homes either as they are underage and have been subsequently thrown from their homes by their NPC parents. A fair few of these homeless waifs have ended up in Khaat’s house which is technically her own fault for letting them in but whatever. My point is, the drop-outs do nothing and it seems as if they never will do anything apart from sit around and be terrible members of the magical community. So, I think there should be a clause. If you’re going to be a drop-out then get a job and be active within that or you’ll be sorted without consent and sent back to Hogwarts. I know what does seem slightly harsh but the drop-outs are nigh on useless. If they’re not part of one of the large site plots or actually doing something useful then what’s the point? They’re underage so send them back to Hogwarts.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

A Matter of Education Empty Re: A Matter of Education

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:48 pm

I do agree with this. I somehow can't just abide with the current way we are doing things that let them participate in some limited things but leaves them even without basics of food, cloting or shelter. They are children after all, and I cannot imagine the wizarding community would put up with having wizarding children wandering the streets homeless as dangerous as the wizarding world has become. I would like them to go one way or the other.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22583
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:30 pm

Well I'm thinking of soon, perhaps by the next plot, make going to Hogwarts compulsory, sort of like in Voldy's reign in DH. That way, every single character under 17 has to go to Hogwarts, or their character gets sent to the character graveyard. I don't want drop outs to actually have something to do, or more people will become drop outs.
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:13 pm

Completely agree, 100% useless, and i can't a use for them any time soon.
Surely you would agree that these people had a choice 'Be underage and go to Hogwarts' 'Be a graduate and have a job' or 'Be underage and not go to hogwarts' you can't just bend rules for them to be able to have grad rights, that's just not... right
so yeah, make it compulsory, or make them grads and age them a few years, they're characters, they'll get over it
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:35 pm

Good that someone remembered to mention this since i agree with the whole drop-out thing is stupid. For graduates or those who are over 17 it should be fine since they are techiniclly adults, but a drop-out with a parent character (like real charrie not NPC) should be an exception since people have right to teach their kids at home if they like.Again just for those who have a parent non-NPC charrie.

Not to mention how those drop-outs seem to have extraordinary skills with a wand which is totally unfair for students who actually go to school. You know that Ne'Os is the right example for it? I mean come on he can't be more powerful then the entire world he is just 16 years old. I thought we were gonna resolve that somehow, but we didn't. Returning to drop-outs i really think that being one is totally without an actual point so we should start to get rid of it.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandra Archer Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:43 pm

We did resolve that...at least we laid the groundwork for it. The Tier list s there, people just need to come down hard on him and say "You can't do that."
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:51 pm

Indeed. He's no longer overpowered.

But Yeah, people like Ne'os, well he didn't choose to be a drop out did he? The plot just made it so that he had to be one. but yeah, that sort of started this whole nonsense.

I think some cases, like Ne'os, we should allow it. But not for every other person. Rolling Eyes
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:39 pm

Mmm, maybe some very strict circumstances, and only with people we trust/think wont screw things up, and that was we can have a reliable source of people

that is if we keep them at all, you know my views
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:03 am

Do you seriously think Ne'Os would listen to someone? I mean come on he entered the ministry full of aurors and ministry officals and Gabrielle couldn't beat him. It's apsurd he can be one of the most wanted wizzards being a 16 year old drop-out.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandra Archer Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:57 am

What do you propose we do then? If he won't listen, push harder. We need to kill those kinds of ridiculous plots when they're still in the RP request section.
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top