DE Meeting 1
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

DE Meeting 1 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

DE Meeting 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DE Meeting 1 Empty DE Meeting 1

Post by Jess Potter Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:53 pm

((Ok, here's how it is. I am evil in THIS FORUM ONLY. Whatever i do in this forum, is ignored outside of it. Whatever you do is not. If it's confusing to you, pretend i'm Lucius, and say i'm lucius, in fact i'll say i'm lucius. Basically, i'm just here to get you guys going, then i'll leave you when you're ready. Hope this works, Lucius))

Lucius walked into the dining room of Malfoy Manor, looking around and sighing. He missed the days where being a Malfoy meant something, people would look at you with a mixture of fear and respect, you had a nice house, and lots of money, and servants. Now, even street urchins shot dirty looks at him. However, this was all going to change. He smiled deviously at the room and sat at the head of the table, waiting for the rest of the DEs to arrive.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

DE Meeting 1 Empty Re: DE Meeting 1

Post by Remy Devaul Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:48 am

Remy was quite obviously out of place standing in front of the large, imposing mansion known as Malfoy Manor. Obvious to herself, at least. Remy had not grown up in wealth, nor had she ever really attained any of her own. The galleons it cost to upkeep the yard was likely more than she had earned in her lifetime - earned honestly, at least - and Remy was aware of it.

But that didn't mean anyone else had to be. Remy knew how people at this level of society - and the people at all levels, if truth be known - felt about appearances; mainly, that they were all that mattered. If you kept up your appearances, no one cared to ask questions about what was happening behind the curtain or closed doors. Remy employed this to her own benefit in her everyday life, even so far as to use it to become a Death Eater.

It wasn’t so hard, pretending to be something you are not. People did it all the time, but they just didn’t admit it to themselves. Sure, there are plenty of adages and bits of advice from suffocating old biddies: “Just be yourself”, “It is better to be disliked for who you are than liked for someone you aren’t”, the list went on. But it was all rubbish. Remy had come to realize that people liked the people who could give them what they wanted. Not everyone wanted the same thing, mind you, but everyone had wants. Praise, favors, company, sex. Everyone needed something, and if they thought they could get it from Remy, she was likely to get what she wanted out of it before the other party realized there would be no return on their investment.

Becoming a Death Eater had been an action of convenience. She didn’t particularly believe in the cause, nor did she share the hatred of so many of the hood-wearing, blood-crazed society types, but she knew power when she saw it. The Death Eaters were a group of powerful, influential, and – on the whole – rich individuals; exactly the type of people Remy liked to surround herself with. They offered her the protection and means to get by, an environment where her ‘shortcomings’ would not be noticed, and what amounted to a human fishing hole for Remy to find her patrons. Remy had needs of her own, and by employing her talents of seduction and convincing she could usually see that they were met, if not by her fellow Death Eaters then by some other poor soul who failed to see through her façade.

But for now she had waited long enough on the stoop. Pulling her shoulders back, Remy coiled her bony, calloused fingers around the serpentine handle of the door and pushed her way into the house. It was dark and quiet, but she knew her way. She had been here before and wasted no time in finding the conference room Lucius preferred for these types of meetings, pulling her hood away only after stepping into the room.

“Good evening, Lucius,” Remy intoned, shaking out her dark tresses which had been slightly frizzed by the material of her cloak. Remy knew to be careful how she stepped around Lucius. He was a man who held enough power to entice her with ease, but controlled her fate to the point where she knew she must tread carefully if she was to ever control him without it costing her dearly.

She moved further into the room, the long black cloak swinging around her ankles, and came to stand behind a chair that was far enough down the table that it might appropriately belong to her. Remy had not pushed her luck in moving up the ranks of the Death Eaters, mainting her role as an informant and secret keeper. If she were promoted through the ranks, it would only be a matter of time before someone noticed her magical… inadequacies.

“I don’t suppose it is for good news that you’ve called us here tonight,” Remy asked, her green eyes connecting with his grey, holding his gaze with just enough tension that he would notice, but not enough that he could call her out on it.
Remy Devaul
Remy Devaul
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 535

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:59 am

Lucius cocked his head and gave her a curious smile. "And what makes you think that?" He asked quietly, feeling a tremor of tension in the room. "Quite the contrary, i bring brilliant news, news that we must proclaim to all those loyal to the dark lord," He told Remy with a smile, she was quite smart, perhaps she already knew about what he was speaking of. "Anyway," he said, "Lets not be too hasty while we wait for the others," he told her sitting down and straightening himself up
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Remy Devaul Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:21 pm

Remy smirked back at Lucius when he questioned her motivation for thinking the worst, even though they both knew the answer to the question. The Death Eaters were slowly losing their grasp on the power they had once held, something that had not been lost on Remy. She was willing to remain a part of the organization as long as there was hope of regaining their foothold, but she would not hesitate to place her stakes elsewhere if she knew the Death Eaters held a losing hand.

The dark-haired woman had to withhold a patronizing smile when Lucius mentioned loyalty, for this attribute that seemed to be praised so highly among Death Eaters and Order members alike held no bearing with Remy. Loyalty wasn’t all that worthy of praise in Remy’s opinion, which was unsurprising because she felt so little of it toward anyone or anything aside from herself.

What others called their loyalty or fidelity, Remy thought of as lethargy of custom or lack of imagination. Loyalty didn’t get you what you wanted; often, all it got you was a boarding pass on a sinking ship. Loyalty was never important when your friends or organization was doing well; it is easy to be loyal when it is to one’s advantage. Loyalty is only called into question when struggles and conflict abound, and Remy was usually not one to be found once the situation turned sour.

Dogs are the only creatures on earth who love you more than they love themselves, Remy thought to herself, holding the smile on her face to match Lucius’s slightly leering, but tight-lipped smile. She had plenty of practice holding an emotion that she did not actually feel. Everyone it is in it for themselves, they just won’t admit it. I am not so deluded.

“As you wish,” Remy responded, her voice smooth and clear, the type she adapted when she was attempting to raise her favour in the mind of someone as powerful as Lucius. It was the type of strategic move that most people never picked up on, and if they did notice it, it would have been impossible to call her out on it. What were they going to say, that she was being too respectful and that she ought to stop it?

Taking Lucius’s lead, Remy slid into the seat she had been standing behind, tossing her dark hair over her shoulder as she sat. Her long fingers intertwined themselves with each other and she let her arms rest on the table in front of her, a table of polished marble inlaid with gold. The finery in the Malfoy Manor never ceased to impress Remy, but more than that it impressed upon her how advantageous it would be to get into the circle – or she would settle for the bedrooms – of the Malfoys.
Remy Devaul
Remy Devaul
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:29 pm

[okay, what is going on here? I thought Sandra was head DE?]
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandra Archer Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:57 pm

(So did I. I PM'd Jess about it, and am waiting to put up the thread I mentioned until he responds.)
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Post by Remy Devaul Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:04 pm

((Please do not delete this thread right away, even if you are going to make a new one! I would like to keep Remy's posts here and modify them for the new thread if one is made. I do not want to lose all that I have written!))
Remy Devaul
Remy Devaul
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:21 pm

((Haha, no worries, just PM me when you want it gone,))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:30 am

Julia stood outside of the large manor, looking up at it. She sighed and walked in, searching for the meeting room. She found her way into the large dining room and saw Remy and Lucius. "Good evening" She said to both of them and took a seat. Julia wasn't too sure why they were called here, she decided not to ask, and to just be patient and wait for everyone else to arrive.
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:27 am

[Julia, you should copy your post and post it to the other one, as this im going to lock this thread now.]
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top