2 PM Meeting
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

2 PM Meeting Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

2 PM Meeting

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 PM Meeting Empty 2 PM Meeting

Post by Zara Halworth Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:10 am

Ana frowned; being on the Hogwarts grounds was not something she generally was pleased with or put up with. Of course, with the meetings going on, there was essentially no getting out of it. Deciding that the best she could do was put up with it and be grateful when the day was out, the brunette put on her most tolerant expression and sat back in her chair. Two more meetings to go, then Ana could return to the Ministry, drop the files, and then go get a drink. Or just go home and spend an evening on herself for the first time in ages.

Digging about in her stack of files, Ana tugged on the ones she was after and pulled them from the stack. It was another one of those oddities where one was a student and one had graduated. Hopefully the Ravenclaw would be able to deal with her match having graduated a few years ago. He wasn't all that much older, if Ana was thinking objectively - which, since the Marriage Law had started, she'd had to. Things would work out just fine; just look at the Hayes.

It was amazing, Ana mused, that no one had caused her as much trouble as the first meeting had. Frankly, if she could avoid anything as disastrous as the Rookwood/Cooper meeting, Ana would be massively grateful. Hopefully this Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw combination would be a less volatile one. Pursing her lips, she glanced up at the door and waited for the time to roll around so she could just get the meeting over with and move on to the next one. Moving on meant less meetings for the day remaining and meant her being closer to going home.
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

2 PM Meeting Empty Re: 2 PM Meeting

Post by Anastasia Nott Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:15 pm

Rebecca wasn't getting married, not yet anyway. She had no intentions of marrying a stranger and being a puppet to the Ministry. Right now, even though her Mother worked in the department of magical law, she hated how it was turning out. Since the Lupins had gone on medical leave Becca had noticed changes. First the marriage law, then Hogwarts getting broken in to. No decent decisions had been made lately, apart from perhaps the new Headmistress.

Heading to potions at five to two Becca told the professor she would be a little late because of a marriage meeting, then quickly headed to the second floor. The sooner this mess was sorted the better. Ever since the the marriage law had been put into place Becca had been cooking up a plan, working out the problems but there were still a few snags. She needed extra information, which was the only reason the Ravenclaw would be attending the meeting.

Knocking on the door, but not waiting for an answer, Becca strolled calmly into the room.

'Afternoon.' She said to the lady. So this was Ana Levski. Becca took in her features, her dark hair, dark eyes and business-like stare. Becca had read all about Ana Levski. After reading a warning about her in the daily prophet, a warning by an anonymous victim to the marriage law, Becca had headed to the library. There hadn't been many papers or articles about her but from what she'd read Becca had learnt the lady either hadn't attended Hogwarts or made no impact at all - her name hadn't appeared in the trophy room.

'How long will this take, I'm missing potions for this and seeing as I want to get a decent grade I can't really be kept long in this-' Becca had wanted to say ridiculous, time-wasting, pointless, stupid, idiotic, lunatic meeting, '-meeting.' The Ravenclaw didn't smile, she showed no emotion but simply stared at Ana Levski.
Anastasia Nott
Anastasia Nott
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Mulciber Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:00 pm

(OOC: Sorry, I suck. I posted all these meetings and once and never actually got around to replying. Oops.)

Oliver was massively displeased. Honestly, he had just come back from seeing his family in France, meeting literally the greatest girl he'd ever known, and was now getting his meeting letter? Of all the annoying, ridiculous things to happen. His mind was swirling with clichés and lines he could throw at Mrs. Levski to put her off, or to make himself seem far more intelligent and put together than even he thought he was.

The real question was this, though: Why was he supposed to meet Mrs. Levski and his match at Hogwarts? Weren't most of them happening in the Ministry. He could only hope this was some bizarre overflow problem or that their office had flooded or something. He didn't want to accept the fact that he was almost undoubtedly trapped in with a student for this mess of a ride.

Grumbling to himself, he plodded up the steps to the second floor, found the office with the proper title, and let himself in. Within the Guidance Office (which had to be ironically named, right?), Ollie found a stern woman lifting an eyebrow at a brunette facing away from him.

"Afternoon, Mr. Connolly. Do be seated." Ana began, clearly ignoring the attitude that the Ravenclaw had tossed her way. Her week had been rough, and she was apparently having none of it. Then again, most every day for her had been rough as of late. Nothing ever seemed to go quite right.

Oliver frowned but did as he was asked (told?), sitting in one of the chairs. Glancing up at the girl he could only assume was meant to be his match, he noted that while she was very pretty, she had a certain darkness to her. Maisie doesn't, that's for sure, his mind pointed out. He had to force a smile off of his face at the very idea.

How that had actually worked out, Ollie still wasn't sure. But it didn't mean he wasn't glad of it. Until now.

"Oliver, this is Rebecca Litherland," Ana began, not wanting a repeat of the last meeting in which she had failed to introduce the parties. "Rebecca, Oliver Connolly."

Oliver turned to nod in her direction but said nothing, waiting for the inevitable moment when he would have to explain that he was actually quite interested in another girl and wasn't really up for this. He doubted it would go over very well, but it was the best chance he had.

"So, let me go over what is expected of you in the next month or so." Ana started, not bothering with her usual suggestion that they get out any questions they could. Besides, they often asked what she was about to tell them, anyway.

"The steps are as follows: This meeting, the fertility tests required of both of you before you leave today, an optional meeting in two weeks' time to answer any last questions, and then a wedding by the end of the fourth week." Ana waited for some sort of outburst, but only for a moment before adding, "After that, you'll be given three years to bear a child - at least the one - and may be asked to do follow-up meetings at St. Mungo's, just in case."

Oliver lifted an eyebrow. "Oh, that's all, is it?" He asked, not realizing he had actually spoken the words aloud. It wasn't until Ana narrowed her eyes at him that he understood what he had done. He couldn't quite bring himself to feel sorry about it, though, when he was so used to expressing what he thought and getting away with it.
Naomi Mulciber
Naomi Mulciber
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by Anastasia Nott Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:25 pm

Before Ana could reply the door opened to reveal none other than the man that Becca expected to be her match. He wasn't a student, as she'd expected, how stupid was this woman at partnering people. The last student and professor to be partnered had, albeit seemed okay, but the Professor no longer worked at Hogwarts. Perhaps he'd been fired, or resigned, whichever decision Becca believed the marriage to a student had strengthened more arguments against staying at Hogwarts.

Not paying too much attention to her partner, who Ana went on to call him Oliver, Becca took a seat besides him. No hello. No smile. Her blue eyes kept their focus on Ana Levski, who was now listing their 'expectations.'

Expectations Ana had called them. It had been rumored an Azkaban sentence was ready in place for any who didn't continue with the law, that snag was what Becca was hoping to avoid. To continue along with the law was exactly what Becca didn't want to happen, it would ruin her life. Right now her main focus was study, then getting a job and progressing through her career before the Ravenclaw even planned to settle down. Besides, she'd been asked on a valentines date by a chaser on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team if she wanted to get in a relationship she had options and the Ministry wasn't needed in the matchmaking.

Fertility testing. They couldn't do anything without her consent and Rebecca would simply withhold consent. No doubt Ana had a backup method if Becca refused to hand over her body for testing. How exactly she was going to be testing the Ravenclaw didn't know, although she was interested in how magic could tell her that being the academic she was.

An optional meeting. Becca knew how that would go for her, it wouldn't exist.

A wedding. In four weeks. That was a month away, meaning that if Becca were to go along with this pathetic law then she'd be a wife before her end of year exams. A wife before she could even start to revise for her exams. A wife before her next Quidditch match. No. That wouldn't be happening, if Becca were to stay at Hogwarts then being married would simply take away the point in her being at the school. Hopefully this 'Oliver' would cooperate and not be offended by the fact she'd rather fly solo than take his alien hand in marriage.

Ignoring Olivers remark Becca tilted her head to the side and narrowed her eyes in thought. She so wanted to come up with a sly, witty remark about Ana's own life. Was Ana married? How was her fertility levels? Did she enjoy marriage? Did she choose her partner?

'What happens if we didn't fulfill your expectations?' Becca asked strongly, her arms resting on the arms of her seat.
Anastasia Nott
Anastasia Nott
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Halworth Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:53 pm

Ana could practically see the wheels turning in the heads of those seated across from her. Both looked displeased, though the graduate, an Ex-Hufflepuff, seemed a bit more subtly frustrated than the angry Ravenclaw. Ana looked over at Rebecca, eying her warily as the question left the girl’s lips. A frown arched its way across Ana’s face before she leaned forward on the desk, fingers lacing together atop her files.

“If you avoid completing these steps, then we will have no choice but to involve the Magical Law Enforcement department. As I’m sure you’re aware, there is the extreme possibility of an Azkaban sentence should you resist or try to get out of the law without reason.” She leveled her gaze at Rebecca but also shifted to look at Oliver as well, ensuring him that he was not excused from the law or the repercussions either.

It wasn’t until she allowed a small smile to cross her face, sure that she had won, that Oliver started talking again.

“Listen,” he said slowly, glancing over at the brunette briefly before his eyes settled with determination. “I’m technically a citizen of France before I’m a citizen of England. Doesn’t that mean I’m exempt from this or something? I mean, she clearly doesn’t want to be matched with me, and I don’t really have to be matched. Maybe you can just put her with someone more suited. Someone closer to her age.”

“You are only two or three years her senior, Mr. Connolly. While it is true that only citizens are involved in the law, you returned the form, did you not?” Ana replied, eyebrows raised in a challenge. Oliver frowned, frustrated. He had obviously been trying to help, but it just hadn’t worked.

“Yes, I did, but maybe you can just drop it. There’s no reason to include me if there is someone she would be better suited for.”

“Mr. Connolly,” Ana snapped, voice louder and eyes colder. “You were assigned to Miss Litherland for a reason. We cannot simply re-match people. If you were engaged already, then perhaps we could change things. But if you were, you would have mentioned it already. So there is really no changing things now.”
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Anastasia Nott Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Rebecca didn't flinch under the spotlight of Ana's leer she merely gazed back in thought. An Azkaban sentence. How extreme. If the ministry were turning to isolation, trapped within the walls of dementors then they must have little control. If the Ministry was liked, supported for by the community then surely people would be agreeing, sighing but going ahead and following the law anyway. But Azkaban? That was a tad far for not following some poxy marriage law.

Just as Becca was about to fire back with another question her match chirped up. France. What a coincidence for her escape plan out of the law, if worse came to worse, involved France.

Watching the two quarrel Rebecca's eyebrows shot up. Ana Levski didn't seem in the best of moods and was piercing Mr Connolly's bubble of hope like a cannonball.

Not giving time for Ana to collect herself Becca decided to ask yet another question: 'So have people been sent to Azkaban already then? The Prophet hasn't mentioned any actual cases of people heading to Azkaban, and given their stance about the marriage law I'm sure they'd jump at the chance to publish that.'

This time Becca hoped to sound less rude by adopting a more curious tone of voice. Ana Levski wasn't too impressed Mr Connolly wasn't too impressed with the match the last thing she needed was for Becca to insult her by saying the Prophet's allegiance to Ministry has wavered.

'Also-' Becca began, not giving Ana much time to reply, 'What was the reason we were assigned to each other? And for all you know we may both be engaged without your knowledge. Not everybody talks about their personal life to complete strangers.'
Anastasia Nott
Anastasia Nott
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Halworth Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:04 pm

Where Oliver almost looked nervous at Ana’s sharp and angry reaction, the Ravenclaw was acting surprisingly Gryffindor. The questions weren’t exactly unexpected after the threats of Azkaban had been dropped on their heads. Sighing heavily, Ana let her shoulders drop as if exasperated. “No one has been ridiculous enough to accept the ramifications of rejecting the law or leaving. Thus far, everyone we’ve spoken to has agreed to marry, and is on the way to doing so or has gone through with it.”

“That you know of.” Oliver muttered, eying Ana warily. She had failed to mention that people had time to ‘get to know each other’ so they could full well be gone before they were set to be checked on by the Ministry. Two weeks from this meeting, Ollie could be gone and they wouldn’t know for ages.

Ana shot him a look and Oliver glared at her. This wasn’t going well in anybody’s opinion, clearly.

Rebecca wasn’t exactly helping herself when she challenged Ana like that. At the very least she could have assumed that Ana had a sensible head on her shoulders. But no. The girl had to go and question everything. It certainly wasn’t helping.

“Would either have you come into this office without bringing it up? I seriously doubt it. If you were engaged to someone, and they were not sitting next to you in that chair,” Ana gestured to Oliver’s chair, “you would have reacted negatively. Even more so than you are now.” Crossing her arms over her chest, Ana huffed. “I don’t make the matches, I just hold the meetings. You can take up that question with the Deputy Minister, Mr. Krum.”

(ooc: this is before he was sacked, timeline wise, so.. yus.)
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Anastasia Nott Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:08 pm

Once again Becca remained in her tilted head, listening with content posture. She was pushing the boundaries, being so inquisitive to Ana Levski, who now seemed to be suggesting that she speak to the deputy minister. That would be bold, to go to the deputy minister for answers, especially being a student. Perhaps Ana was attempting to intimidate her. Whatever the lady was doing Becca couldn't quiet figure out. How frustrating.

'You have to understand though Mrs Levski.' Becca replied, adopting a more polite, sincere tone. 'I'm sixteen years old, almost seventeen, I have my exams to focus on and a career to look at. You don't know me but I'm smart, it's not me bragging but it's the truth and I could really do something with my mind. I could do something with my life and a marriage would only hold me back.'

Looking away from Ana's eyes Becca gazed out of the window, her fingers lightly scratching the arm of the chair in which she was sat. 'I want to learn, I want to prove that I can do something. That I don't need-' She paused. Right now the Ravenclaw didn't want to go into depth about her problems, her messed up history.

This time Becca turned to Oliver, paying him full attention for a moment.

'I'm sorry but I can't marry you.'

Then finally ending her, for once rather open thoughts, on Ana.

'I can't get married.'
Anastasia Nott
Anastasia Nott
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Mulciber Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:49 pm

(ooc: Sorry, it's not my best.)

Oliver couldn’t help but muse silently that the Ravenclaw wasn’t helping herself by continuing on about how the law didn’t quite work for her. He doubted that the Ministry Employee cared – if the papers were right, she had been the one to set up the research that made it happen. For all he and Rebecca knew, the woman hadn’t had any say in it besides showing the Law Department her results. On the other hand, it could be entirely up to Ana, and Ollie and Rebecca would essentially doomed. Frowning, he tried to cover his disappointment with her actions; he certainly didn’t want to get in trouble for the girl’s decisions. The irrational bit of his brain suggested that this story was something he could probably write a story about. At the same time, the more dominant part of mind pointed out how awful that would be – he didn’t exactly want to relive the meeting if it continued down its current path.

“Honestly, I don’t want to marry someone I don’t know, either. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to fight them on this.” Oliver pointed out warily, ignoring the approving glance from Mrs. Levski. “If your refusal impacts my life…”

He wanted to threaten something, but the Hufflepuff in him denied him the opportunity. Luckily, just as he started to trail off, Ana cut in, effectively saving him from whatever anger the Ravenclaw could shove in his direction and making it seem like he had stopped to make room for the woman’s words.

“The law doesn’t require a child until three years after the wedding. That should be enough time to get through school and get settled. Even still, there is no reason that marrying should prevent you from pursuing your studies or a career. Mr. Connolly has a career of his own set up, if this file is properly marked, so you wouldn’t have to worry about that, either.”

Ana’s expression was one of someone who wouldn’t take no for an answer. At the same time, Oliver thought he caught a bit of wariness in the woman’s expression that showed a slight fear of Rebecca walking out. Then, the Ministry Employee would have to explain why her meeting didn’t go well, why Oliver’s match was missing. He found that he wouldn’t mind that at all, unless it got him sent to Azkaban as well. That, of course, would just make him angry. He could nearly picture Ariel’s face when the man found out. No one would be pleased, to state the obvious.
Naomi Mulciber
Naomi Mulciber
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by Anastasia Nott Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:07 am

Rebecca bit back the urge to roll her eyes. The woman wasn't getting it. Marriage wasn't an easy thing to do, especially under these circumstances. Ana Levski had probably known her husband a while before she'd married and had children, she probably already knew where her career was going, maybe already had a career when she met her husband. The fact of the matter was Becca didn't know where her life was going, it wasn't planned out beyond finding a job that would intellectually motivate her after completing her education.

'It isn't as easy as that.' Becca replied keeping a calm tone to her voice. 'I'd be tied to a stranger-' She sent an apologetic look towards her match, '-who doesn't know anything about me bar my name. More to the fact that if we were to get married it wouldn't be a true marriage. There would be no love. I'd ignore the fact I had a marriage and just continue the life I have. This silly experiment would achieve nothing and Mr Connolly and I would have wasted our time going through the rigmarole of married bliss.'

Hopefully the venom in her final two words wouldn't be enough to throw Ana over the edge in rage, already Becca was testing her and the middle aged witch didn't seem to be appreciating it - hopefully she wouldn't cart Becca straight to Azkaban and if she did, well, Becca could count on Cupid and her friends to make it publicly aware. The nation would support her... unless they'd already been brainwashed by Ministry propoganda.

Her eyes caught the clock. She'd been here for fifteen minutes, in another forty five her potions class would be over and she'd have missed an opportunity to practice her brewing.

'I hope you don't mind but I really need to go back to potions.' Becca stated standing up from her seat ready to leave.
Anastasia Nott
Anastasia Nott
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top