Everyone with their own adventures - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Everyone with their own adventures - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Everyone with their own adventures

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Everyone with their own adventures - Page 2 Empty Re: Everyone with their own adventures

Post by Stephen Meyers Thu May 18, 2017 11:41 am

Stephen nodded at that recognizing the same taste on books on her. "It is quite amazing to go along with an adventure, if not only in a story. Real life is way too much boring to be lived without anything going on" he said. "My grandmother was a Muggleborn. She never spared us a dinner without saying how much the letter from Hogwarts was important to her and how much it changed her life. And that happening during the time I was waiting for mine..." Stephen remember how much he had expected the letter, how much he wished to come to Hogwarts and her stories about it as much as anyone else's from the family was just unbearable...

Now, however, Stephen would consider it twice. Coming to Hogwarts was, in a way, the most amazing thing that had happened to him. He never found in the world a greater pleasure than to finally learn how to become what he always was: a wizard. But the price of it seemed to be too high now. The moment he came here and more specifically he had been left stupefied when he was sorted into the Gryffindor house destroyed the last bit of connection with his father. Gosh, he had tried to make him see that it was not the house that defined a good student and later wizard and he always worked so hard. But still, there was no way for his father to ever care... Moreover, he never really had made one friend that was worthy. Maybe he was always too deep in his own world of self surpassing at first. And when he noticed everyone had already their groups of friends and, newsflash, he wasn't in any.

Story had it as that one lonely guy who no one would ever care of if not when they were in a rush to finish their homework. Stephen wondered what there would be in other people's mind about him... Was he like that one text book everyone went to look for in the library and after they were done it was back in the shelf for the next time? Or was he like a statue of salvation whose name no one remembered but everyone went to look for when they were in need?

Thinking back to the real matter there Stephen started looking for the missing pages. "Yes, with a little bit of luck the lake hadn't catch any either" he nodded and smiled a bit to the thought of it. It was indeed an adventure, the first he had had in awhile, and thinking of it as a first chapter was indeed nice. It usually meant there would be another following that unless the story was dropped which always seemed to be the case.

"Yeah, I imagine" Stephen nodded back it took him a great deal of imaginations to generalize that to both of his parents. His mother was always nice and telling him how much she was proud of him. Stephen just thought that parents should be those on whom a person relies on at any time and till this moment he feared he hadn't find that in him as well... Being a few steps from her, Stephen could only tell the limits of the horse. He nodded though. "It is pretty good" he said. "Look, there is another one" he said and walked towards it picking it from the floor. It seemed it had landed on a pool of mud and the paper had gotten a bit stained by it. "I'm sorry" he said extending it to her.
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Everyone with their own adventures - Page 2 Empty Re: Everyone with their own adventures

Post by Medusa Hunt Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:27 am

She nodded. "I love going on adventures and discovering new things, that's what I like about here there's a adventure in every corner." she said. She smiled at the thought of it, she found the kitchens not to long ago, who knew what else was around Hogwarts to be discovered. "I was surprised to get my Hogwarts letter, I knew that I was different then the other kids at my school, but didn't think I was a witch" she said smiling at the memory. "I always wanted to be something magical and get away from this crazy world, knowing that I can makes me happy even if it's here, people understand me." she said playing with some grass.

Hogwarts changed her life in alot of ways, she was around people who were like her and she didn't get bullied for how she looked, and it was helping her get out of her shyness. Being here opened brand new doors to her, a world of opportunity around every corner, a world of magical creatures she only dreamed existed. Medusa was scared about being sorted, she was scared that she wouldn't be sorted, she was surprised to be in Ravenclaw but she knew the hat knew what it was doing. But she knew that she was smart but she was expecting to be a Hufflepuff, not that it was a bad house, it was what she was expecting. Although she liked being a Ravenclaw, it was a great house to be in, although every house was unique in there own way.

Medusa nodded. "Yeah lucky about that, I just hope none of them are ruined, I work hard on my drawings." she said frowning. "You know I liked the name of the first chapter of the book, if I a author I'll name it that, all I keep is a journal of my life. Her eyes widened, she can't believe she told him that, she never told anyone that ever in her life. Medusa hoped their adventures kept going and they wrote their own stories of their lives, after all life was nothing but a book that you wrote, you made it and a happy ending depended on how you make it.

Medusa looked at the paper and frowned at the sight of it, her drawings she worked hours or even days on ruined. She blushed. "T... thanks, I work hard on them and spend days on them at times, it's my love and my hobby." she said still blushing. Hiding her face from the redness she felt, she found another page and picked it up. "It's not your fault Stephen, accidents happen and I wasn't looking, I just don't know how much I lost." she said frowning.
Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:38 pm

Stephen smiled a little at that. "There is something strangely amazing in every corner, yes. Adventurous or not. Hogwarts is indeed a very special place. And I remember dreaming of it, imagining the place, you know from the raspy descriptions I was given. But still, never in my wildest dreams I could have picture this" Stephen admitted. For a boy like him who had grown up inside this world and being fascinated by magic and how others did it, getting to learn about it was simply wonderful. And when it was in a place like this was simply amazing. "I must say Hogwarts hadn't disappointed me. Not even a little."

People had though. They did let him down over and over again. Starting with his father for years now, from the simple fact that he was a wandering ghost among all the students here. But mostly, he had disappointed himself... He could be so much more. If only he wasn't always worried of what others thought of him, of how he was judged... Even the opinion of a ragged hat bothered him... How could it? It was a brainless hat that happened to see a Gryffindor in him when there was certainly none. It should be mistaken but honestly he didn't care much. He just stopped bothering himself with such thoughts believing he was never to find out about it.

Stephen smiled a little. "Yes, it isn't a so awful title" he said. "I'd be glad you named it that way." Yet he would keep his silence about what she added next. He understood such thing must have skipped her mouth by accident and he wouldn't believe it other way. After all, they were nothing to each other and that was something one didn't reveal to a complete stranger. And he did have his own ways of tracking his own little and meaningless adventures. He wouldn't call it a diary and even less a journey. But he wrote at times. Perhaps out off his own desperation for not getting that many letters, he wrote some imagining he was to send them to someone that would actually care to listen. Of course, they were never sent and currently they were part of the lining of his trunk.

Stephen let go off the drawing when she picked it up feeling really bad for her. He really had no talent or will of learning how to draw but he surely understood what it was to lose days of work from one second to the other, a really stupid second that would seem to be later in time. He watched her in silence and looked away when she did. "Er..." he said a bit embarrassed trying to figure a way to comfort her somehow as he looked around. "Well, they shan't be far away from here. Most likely we will spot them all" and with that he noticed a couple of them. Stephen went there and grabbed them both and kept looking around. "Worst case scenario would be them to be a bit dirty. I'm sure there must be a way to fix that too." He thought out loud as he came again to give them to her even if he no idea if there would be such thing. His mother would know that almost certainly though. Maybe he could ask her so he could at least help Medusa to clean up her drawings from the mess he had caused.
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Medusa Hunt Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Medusa laughed. "Hopefully no of those adventures gets used in trouble or a detention, I haven't had a detention since I got here." she said honestly. Although she didn't have much friends to have adventures with, she had Charlotte who she thought of like a big sister she never had, she looked up to Lottie. "I know what you mean, me being muggleborn I always dreamed of a place like this, a magical place that we only know about." she said smiling. At the thought of it, she knew that she probably sounded silly to him and bit her lip. "That probably sounded silly, but if you think about it, Hogwarts is a place that we only know of." she said shrugging. "I don't think Hogwarts ever will disappointed me, I love it too much to hate it." she said honestly.

Medusa was always scared of meeting new people, it never ended well when she did, which was why she was so reserved. Medusa parents were proud of her no matter what, but she wondered how she'll be if she was more out there and wasn't shy, but she was getting out of it. Although now that she was here with Stephen she was talking to him as if she was a long lost friend, she never done that with anyone but Lottie. It was easy to talk with Stephen, she could tell that they were going to be good friends, maybe even best friends. They did have alot in common, probably more then they realize they did, but that was how you made friends.

She laughed. "No it isn't, not compared to the names of chapters I seen in some books, they're plain horrible." she said shaking her head. She smiled. "Then that should be the name of the first chapter then, we got many more to go, but this is just the beginning of the book." she said looking around for her drawings. Medusa wrote to look back later on in her life at her Hogwarts years, or even tell her children of her Hogwarts years, all the adventures she went on and how they went. Ok... maybe that was a silly thing to think of right now, but she knew if her parents were magical, they would of done the same thing she was doing.
Ok she knew she had getting ahead of herself, she hasn't even gotten a boyfriend yet and she was thinking of those things, maybe she needed to slow down.

Medusa looked down at her drawings and see they were a bit dirty on the tips, but luckily you were still able to make out the drawings. Some of them were drawings by the lake she drawed out of boredom or just like the scenery. She nodded. "Yeah they might, buy that's ok if they do, at least I know I got them." she said picking up another one. She looker around once again and back in her bookbag counting them until she seen all of them in there. "Ok....we got them all, thanks for helping me look for them, I was worr that I lost them forever." she said zipping up her bookbag and closing it.

Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:44 pm

"Yes, hopefully not" Stephen nodded a little as he said. "I haven't gotten into any detention either yet and honestly I am not planning on getting into trouble at any time soon." Odd thing for a Gryffindor such as himself to say right? But still, Stephen wasn't the kind of person who would skip rules for fun. He would skip rules if they were in the way of something important, but not for his personal entertaining. Or that seemed to be the idea. Stephen seemed to be thinking about it then. "That is true. Only people like us, wizards and witches, know of this school and even in the magical community there are exceptions for whom is allowed to come here. So, all in all, Hogwarts is a rather interesting place to be." He was lost in thoughts for a while. What there was here at sight was simply amazing, all those creatures living side by side with them in the Forbidden Forest. Most of them being impressive and beautiful. And all the magic and enchantments inside the castle. Stephen was still surprised by the ceiling of the Great Hall at times and he has been in Hogwarts for almost three years now.

For once in his whole life, Stephen had found something really impressive and beautiful to look at, to be a part of even. And here, in this wondrous place, he'll finally get to learn everything he can so he can become a talented wizard. It had been his dream for so long just to own a wand of his own and to use it to create wonderful things and to do tricks as he had seen his family doing at any time.

Stephen had to laugh a little as he remembered some really awful chapter titles he has seen. "Well, maybe that is the reason why nowadays writers are dropping the idea of giving a title to each chapter. Honestly, some recenter books are just divided in numbers. Like chapter 1, chapter 2... and so on and so forward. I have to admit that it is easier to do the separation but honestly I don't always understand why they were starting a new chapter with a proper title" he commented. Wasn't he chatty today? Even the numbers of chapters seemed quite interesting to talk about. But then he looked at her wondering whether she was really writing her experiences at Hogwarts or it it was more like a figure of speech. Like a diary or a journal of sorts. But then he was brought to wonder why would she be naming this as her first chapter... "I'll be looking forward for how it goes" he said at last but not completely understanding what brought him to say such a thing. What was he really thinking when he said so? Was he expecting something from it or just curious?

Watching her grabbing the last drawings at sight and counting them Stephen still felt guilty about it. Even if she had said it not to be his fault, he still felt like it was... He was glad that they had managed to find them all even if quite dirty. At least there was none completely ruined by the water of the lake down there. "Good, I'm glad we could find them" he said truthfully. "I'm sorry that that wasn't when they were in a better state though..."
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Medusa Hunt Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:28 pm

She shrugged. "Oh well... I guess if we do we do, but I sure hope not, that wouldn't be fun." she said frowning. She heard some of the detentions weren't fun, some of them cleaning the hospital wing beds, although she was muggleborn that didn't seem like a fun thing to do. Medusa stuck by the rules, she didn't think there was a single rule she broke yet, ok... maybe being out pass curfew a few times, but that shouldn't be a rule seeing how they know Hogwarts island a place of Wonder and Adventures. For a Ravenclaw she was very adventurous, she loved going on adventures and discovering new things, it was so much fun to her. Plus every adventure lead to another one, so there was always a new adventure, waiting to happen.

She loved Hogwarts not because of it's magic and people didn't bully her for what she was, bit it was full of wonder and adventure. Plus it was a wonderful and beautiful place, so much beauty and magic in one place, she just loved it. Having a place like this to go to every year was amazing to her, she didn't know what she'll do once she graduated from this place, she loved it too much. She wondered if that's how the seventh years felt, she would sure feel that way if it was last year here, this place was like a second home to her. It was hard to believe she was going to be a fifth year next term, god where did the time go? last she knew she was a little first year here that didn't know her place around this huge castle.

She laughed. "You know, you're right about that, now days it's just chapter one and so on." she said knowing that he was right. "One chapter I read about when I was little was called Pixie Dust, obviously the book was about Peter Pan, but I giggled at the chapter name and I was seven!" she said chuckling at the memory. She really was writing about her Hogwarts adventures, probably not like a book or anything like that, just something to look back on when she gets older. "Ok... I'll let you know when it's done and you can read." she said winking at him before chuckling. Although she probably will probably name it that just to be silly, but it was her story of her Hogwarts years, just having a silly name for the chapters will make it interesting some.

Looking at her drawings she sighed happily at them knowing that she had them all back, even if they were dirty she was glad to have them back. She looked up at Stephen. "Thank you for helping me find them, I probably wouldn't have found them all without you, so thank you." she said giving her a soft warm smile. "You want to go walking around the lake? I heard at this time the giant squid usually comes out, I would like to see it" she said looking at the lake. Medusa heard stories about the giant squid at the bottom of the lake, but she never seen it before, and wanted to see it.
Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:35 pm

"Even when that is a possibility I would prefer not to stand the chance either way" Stephen admitted. Honestly, he didn't want much more problems than those he knew he could deal with and at the time being he was not really open for much. Alright, he had bent the rules a little. Once or twice. But since he wasn't caught that time or the other it was no big deal. Once there was a weekend when he succeeded to get himself in Hogsmeade when he didn't exactly had an authorization... For a change, the day he had asked his father to sign it that easily turned into a fight and ever since that he put sight on the paper. Truth be told, he didn't look for it. So naturally it would have ended up in a garbage can.

But that as been as well the biggest adventure Stephen Meyers, the Gryffindor on denial, had ever performed her in this place of magic.

"Yes" Stephen said chuckling a little from the thought. Of course he would know that one book, it had been read to him by his mother once as a bedtime story. Peter Pan had been one of his favourites as much as many Tales from Beedle, the Bard. How could he not feel amused that someone else would know that specific book as well as the title of one of its chapters. "It has been a loss in that direction to be honest. I've crossed some book which chapter's titles were as good as any other book title" he commented. With his question answered Stephen realized he didn't want her to have to show it to him. And for a second then he thought of refusing such thing since most of what she would be writing about was personal and Stephen didn't think they would ever be closer enough for her to trust him with such information. Yet, something made his stay quiet about that and something else made him answer "I'd like that" instead.

Once again, the guilty bell rang on his mind but once again he stood in silence. "Sure. I'm happy we found them" he said quietly.

Looking around and eventually back at where he had once been sitting as reading his book with dragons and halflings, Stephen noticed the spot to be already occupied by someone else and to be honest he didn't fell like going back to reading this moment. He had plenty of time to finish this one chapter, and who knows perhaps the following and last one, that evening after dinner and before the dormitory was flooded with his peers coming back from their day. Normally he was there about a couple of hours before them every night so that gave him a couple of them of complete silence. "Really? I've never happened to see it either. If it wasn't for its popularity I would even consider it to be a complete myth!" he claimed. "But, yes, if you want the company."
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Medusa Hunt Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:04 pm

She laughed. "I would prefer not getting in trouble as well, I spent too much of my time by myself that I never gotten into trouble." she said honestly shrugging. Sure she bent the rule staying out pass curfew, but in her defense the castle has so many wonders, why waste them? She also went into a ward that was off limits, but it was completely by accident though, it wasn't like she meant to. She was pretty much invisible to everyone lately, she didn't have much friends but then again she was reserved unless you broke her shell, something Stephen did. It was a shell she used to protect herself, although she looked strong and strong headed, she was just a girl who wanted someone to understand her.

Medusa looked at him and laughed, it was good to know that someone knew what she was talking about, not many people knew what she was talking about. She read alot of good books with horrible chapter titles and some vice, but usually she stopped reading those books after one chapter or so. She nodded. "Oh yeah of course, I read a horrible book one time, but the chapter of the name was amazing it made me wonder why it was a horrible book." she said frowning. She loved a good book, it was only a couple of times she read a book she didn't like. Although that was when she was little and starting to learn, now she knows that not every book is well written, some aren't worth the read no matter what. She smiled. "I wouldn't mind showing it to you, although it's just my adventures here like how I found the kitchen and sruff here, nothing all that great in quite honesty." shrugging as if it wasn't no big deal she looked at the lake.

She looked at him and frowned, she knew that he was still blaming himself for what happened. "So am I, although it's not like I can't start over, just the days spent on these will be erased." she said looking back down at her drawings.

Back at where she tripped she bit her lip realizing that he thought that she had to be a clumsy person to trip over him, she was just lost in her own world not paying attention, which she did often. Looking back down at her drawings and book bag, she didn't feel like drawing or going back to the Ravenclaw common room for the day, it was too nice outside. "Neither have I, if I wouldn't have heard stories about it, I would think it was a myth as well." she said honestly. Medusa heard stories about the squid but she never seen it in person, it was something she always wanted to see, even if it was weird. She laughed. " I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want the company, come on it'll be fun, maybe we'll have another adventure." she said walking down the lake
Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Stephen glanced at her wondering what she meant with spending much time on her own. would it me in the same way as he would spend much time on his own? Not having many friends to spend time with... Or was it something else? If there was another way to spend time on their own. He wouldn't ask her that, however, it was a odd way to start a conversation. One that neither of them would like to have for what it seemed. "It is quite unfair that we never have the chance to fully explore this place though if we always stick ourselves to the rules" he commented instead.

He had to admit that he had never found anyone who would even know books such as Peter Pan but that was not to be surprising since it was not the kind of tales they told to their young, wizards and witches had their own tales. More related tales, to say so. "Well, we can't judge a book by the cover, now can we? And that goes both ways surprisingly. That way, we can always say we can't judge them by the chapter titles either" Stephen thought out loud. And the same worked for people even though he had the feeling that there wasn't many who cared to see him past the second page. Except this girl, for what it seemed. For once Stephen felt normal while having a normal conversation with someone else that actually replied. Willow was a good listener, but when it came to advice giving he was just the worst... "I've never been there" Stephen admitted speaking about the kitchen. "But if you say so, I'd like to get through it."

"I see. And in a way it is always a way to improve drawing. But still, to lose some that were already made is always quite sad" Stephen said.

"Indeed. However, it always made me wonder... How did a giant squib end up in a lake like this? We are not particularly close to the actual sea up here... so how come a giant sea creature came here?" Stephen wondered once again out loud. This was just one of the many questions he had that he really couldn't discuss with many people. "Well, that would be odd, yes. So, i guess it can be fun" Stephen said and followed after her.

Following the waterline Stephen walked in silence for a while not being an expert on either starting a conversation or any kind of chitchat... "So... Are you reading anything currently?" he asked. Great! Why not the weather instead?
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Medusa Hunt Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:35 pm

Medusa was always used to being by herself, she was rarely seen with any other then Lottie and her friend Barbara and that wasn't often. Besides she was too shy and quiet to make any friends and was a bit scared to try, but was discovering not everyone was like the bullies at her muggle school. Hogwarts was different to her and she was making friend not a lot by any means, but hey some friends are better then no friends at all. She looked at Stephen and bit her lip, maybe she shouldn't have old him that, she hoped she didn't scare him off by any means. She bit her lip thinking at what he said he did a have a point, what was a point of a adventure if you didn't get into trouble?

She was surprised that he knew what she was talking about, not many people knew of that book but muggleborns like her and a few Halfbloods so she was a bit surprised. "No you can't not until you know what it's like and read it front to back before we can judge."she sad honestly. That was a lesson her mother always taught her was that, and it was something she lived by. A lot of books people didn't read because the back of the book sucked, but after reading the book she found the book to be very interesting unlike most people. "Sure maybe we can take a trip don there sometimes, it's pretty cool to get some food down there and tale down here on the weekends or when you're done with classes for the day. "she said looking at the lake.

She shrugged. "Yeah it is, cause you got to start all over again back to square one, but sometimes you get better ideas that way." she said staying positive about it.

Medusa bit her lip thinking, how did a Giant Squid get in the Hogwarts? that was something that no really knew was it? There was alot of myth and stories of how he was, but she didn't think anyone really knew. "I don't know to be honest, I heard stories that it's one of the founders of the school that's watching over the school and it's student, although who really knows got to be extremely old for that story to be true. "she said honestly. "Great come on."she said walking along the the path of the lake looking out at it with wonder.

Medusa thinking aboutt drawing more of the things around Hogwarts snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Stephen. "Oh... a book on this girl who discovers a magical land through a wardrobe, it's a pretty good book so far I haven't finished it. "she said. "What about you, any new books lately that's interesting?" she asked him. She wasn't good at this herself, she didn't know how to really do this, and she hoped she wasn't acting like a fool.
Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top