Canadian Adventures!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Canadian Adventures! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Canadian Adventures!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Canadian Adventures! Empty Canadian Adventures!

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:50 am

Matt was sitting in the living room of his watching watching a muggle television program. It was supposedly a comedy, wizards would make such better television shows if they did. But alas, they were left to the muggles. He was waiting for Jess and Khaat. They were going to take a little vacation and head to Canada. This was before he was set to Egypt with the family and Nikki. He was doing lots of traveling this summer, and he was enjoying it. For once it seemed like a bright break from it all.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Canadian Adventures! Empty Re: Canadian Adventures!

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:00 am

Khaat had thrown a bag together. She had given it the appearance of travelling light, but she had shrunken everything to miniature and it held almost every feasible thing she could think of. She'd tossed it into a rather overgrown looking backpack. She'd left Abbey in Brian's very capable hands, and had set off for a short break in Canada with Jess and Matt. It had sounded like great fun. She was hoping for some time perhaps camping in the woods, but she was game for anything. She arrived at Matt's, wondering what she possibly could have forgotten. She knocked on Matt's door and waited.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22561
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:02 am

Jess hadn't bothered doing things the muggle way, last time he'd caught a plane he'd had a fat man snoring on one side, and a baby screaming on the other, not fun at all So, as a rule of thumb, he generally kept to apparation. With a small pop he landed in a tree outside matt's house, grunting as the twigs poked everywhere. Everywhere. A really, truly uncomfortable experience.

While trying to carefully untangle himself, of course the branch broke, and he fell through, taking half the tree with him. "Damn tree," he muttered, standing and brushing himself off.

He saw khaat and smiled. "Heya," he said with a grin, pressing the doorbell to alert Matt that they were here.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:15 am

Matt heard the knock and then the doorbell and jumped off the couch. He opened the door to see Khaat and Jess. "Hey guys, come on in." he said chuckling. "You guys want anything to drink before we get going?" he asked him. Emmy and Soph had gone shopping or something and the grandkids were with Andrian. He had backed a backpack and it was laying on the floor by the couch. "Make yourselves at home then." he told them smiling.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:46 am

"No thanks," Khaat said, "I'm good. Nice place, Matt. So where is our first stop? I remember we travelled to Toronto once when I was small for some sort of meeting my father had, but I was so small, I don't remember much about it. I hope one of you know more about where we're going than I do. " She sat down in one of the comfortable chairs and glanced at the television. Muggle tv. Her friends in the fishing village near her parents' farm all had muggle tvs, but the Lupin farm had not gotten one. She liked the sitcoms, but her favorite were mystery movies and detective stories.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:19 pm

Jess nodded, it was a little early in the day for Whiskey, but Juice would be nice. "Any chance you've got some orange juice hidden somewhere in the house?" he asked, looking around the house. Ah, TV, gosh it'd been awhile since he'd watched TV, sadly quality of the shows was degrading. "You're watching this?" He asked, thinking of all the better stuff he could be doing.

"So, what're our plans?" he asked, resting his bag on the floor.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:11 am

"Actually I just got back from getting some groceries," he said to Jess. He waved his wand and a glass of juice filled itself and floated over to Jess. "I was actually thinking maybe going to the Rock Mountains." he said to them. "Go hiking past the muggle limit, use our magic to help." he said chuckling. "The view is simply amazing, I took a picture last time I was there...which was last weekend." he said grinning. He pointed to a framed picture on the wall going up the stairs. He noticed them looking at the TV, "Well there isn't much good on muggle programing. First time I've turned that on in a few months actually. I'm never home alone," he said chuckling.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:20 pm

"I don't know how you have time for TV at all, as busy as you are, and I cannot imagine you ever being alone much with your big family. Personally, I haven't seen muggle tv since I watched a bit last at Rob's big brother's house. That's been awhile," KHaat said. "I think mountains and hiking sound really great. I love camping. I have a wizard tent, but that's probably the one thing I didn't pack. I have just about everything else. Although, my father has a wizard tent if none of us have one. I am sure he'd let us use it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:56 am

Jess chuckled, drinking the juice and shakng his head. "I know all too well about never being at home," he said with a grin, before taking another drink. "Hiking does sound nice, and muggle limits are... dull, at best, so i'd certainly endorse Magic use," he told them.

"Ooh, i have one of those," he said, waving his wand and listening as a dull thud met his ears. "Here it is," he said, picking up the newly summoned tent pack. "4 bedrooms, a kitchen and a bathroom," he said proudly. Gosh it paid off to be friends with a builder of these things.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top