Everyone with their own adventures - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Everyone with their own adventures - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Everyone with their own adventures

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Everyone with their own adventures - Page 3 Empty Re: Everyone with their own adventures

Post by Stephen Meyers Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Stephen was still quite curious about her statement but for now he lacked on the courage to ask her about it... Perhaps, he was just too frightened on loosing her as a friend. But this was stupid. They weren't even friends. How could they? They had just met and by chance or fate they did share some likes but how in the whole wide world would there not be someone that liked to read? It wasn't that uncommon really. But to ask her such thing... Stephen would have to be crazy to point that out since there was a very good chance of her turning the arrow around and understand how he felt about friendship himself. It wasn't that he didn't understand it but he was never that fortunate to make real friends... Or to meet people in general.

"Indeed" Stephen nodded. "The only picture that matters when it comes to books and storytelling, in general, is the one you create in your mind. I mean, the whole book, the story and the characters as well as everything else, can't be captured in only one image on the cover. It is quite unfair to keep that in mind only when you start one since whoever took care of the painting could not give it fairness at all" Stephen pointed out. Perhaps people were just the same but those were way too very much difficult to look past the cover. "I should try that sometime" he said since he had never done so as it was obvious.

Stephen gave a laugh. "I have actually following that policy for quite a while in hopes to change my handwriting, but... turns out I am quite lazy on that" he commented.

"Perhaps it was still small when they did that?" Stephen wondered how small a giant squib baby would be. Perhaps enough to be kept in a jar or something, he guessed. "I've never seen anything about it though." Stephen was lost in thoughts on the matter for a while but he reached no conclusion so he turned to look at her. "Yes, let's go" he nodded.

Stephen listened to her and nodded. "It seems to be interesting" he said. "But I, apart from this one" he waved the hand where he carried the book he was reading a few minutes before still, "I am not reading anything now. It is a bit hard to do so now with the finals coming" he said. Though a story about a little person that went through lengths to steal a dragon was rather good.
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Everyone with their own adventures - Page 3 Empty Re: Everyone with their own adventures

Post by Medusa Hunt Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:45 am

Medusa usually did everything on her own, she didn't have very much friends to do things with, so sje usually did things on her own. She was glad she met Stephen, they seem to have alot in common and were basically the same age almost, although age didn't matter. She had friends older and younger then her, so age wasn't a factor to her by any means, she was friendly to everyone. Although she tried to make friends with people at her muggle school, she quite didn't because she was different and they called her a freak. All she wanted was some friends and have someone to talk to but her family, now she did.

She nodded in agreement with him, she had to agree with him, he wasn't lying. "I read alot of books without pictures, I let my imagimagination go wild at times." she said biting her lip. It was true, when she read or drew things, you could tell in her drawings that she let her mind wonder. Now she didn't live with her head in the clouds by any means, but sometimes fantasy was better then a reality. She's was a bit of a dreamer, but she couldn't help it she didn't have much, but she had what she had and was thankful for it.

She laughed. "Well... maybe I can change that over the summer, if I write to you alot maybe it'll change." she said giving her a soft warm smile.

She shrugged. "That might be true, I always wondered." said said looking at the lake. She wondered how small it had to her to put it in there lake, but magic did wonderful things. "Neither have I, like I said I just heard stories and rumors about it." she said shrugging. "Ok cool." she sais walking around the lake with him enjoying having some company for once. They were just walking around the lake talking, but it was better then doing nothing the rest of the day.

She nodded happily. "Its very interesting, guess I like books like that, but I guess someone who hoped that magic was real before I knew I was a witch wanted some escape." she said said kicking a rock. "I'm almost done with the book, got to find me another one to read soon, hard to find a good book now days." she said pushing her hair out of her face. She nodded that was true, finals were making everything crazy, she was ready for them to be over with.

The sun was setting as she looked at the sky, and bit her lip. "Looks like it's getting dark, we better go inside." she said. She had fun today, she didn't want it to end, but all good things had to come to a end. "I had fun today Stephen, perhaps we should do this again." she said giving him a soft warm smile.
Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:30 pm

Ever since he came to Hogwarts, Stephen hadn't really had something like this afternoon. Or else, he could have had if he had got any friends, which wasn't exactly the case... But after three years of being alone most of the time, one simply got used to that fact. He would walk around unnoticed by many, ignored by the rest and so life went. He had always something to do so in the end it didn't bother him that much to have never been able to be a part of one of those hallways' groups that hanged out at the end of every class. He was only the guy to whom others would ask for help and even if at times he wondered what would it be if he became real friends with that one person, that eventually died because they wouldn't care for him till next time they needed aid. So one simple afternoon of not being completely on his own was special.

Stephen chuckled a bit at that. "Well, most of books now do not have pictures in every page. Unless we are talking of the potions textbooks. Those have a great deal of illustrations attached - not that I am particularly interested in those as whether with or without pictures I am a complete mess at the matter" he had to admit.

"I don't know if this case has saving" he said ironically since he didn't exactly know how to react to that proposal. He had never had no one to write with during the summer. But to be honest, he barely received letters from his parents while he was in Hogwarts. His mother sent him some and sometimes the ones he got were from Adriana herself on her childish and just learned handwriting (which he rather like to receive because at least he knew she cared). Other than that he didn't have much. And it was not only once that he didn't get a thing from home at Christmas...

Stephen nodded quietly wondering about the matter. "Well, perhaps it has been here for so long that there isn't many people that would actually know. Perhaps even ever since the foundation of Hogwarts itself" he suggested. After that he kept walking around the lake simply enjoying the rest of the day and the company Medusa was giving him.

"Perhaps that is the point of it all. Books are just like escape pods out of the every day life" he shrugged a little. He was not going to admit it himself since from the outside he should look like a spoiled rich kid if he did, but he was also looking for an escape off his own life in them. But the thing was that he had always known that. He looked for more: friends, a father figure since the only one he had wasn't all that neat... Everything he thought everyone should have... Thinking about it, it was quite egocentric to think that way, but when he was constantly alone he just wished he wasn't...

Looking up the yellowish sky Stephen nodded. For once he realised he was sad to leave this behind but she was right. "Yes, we should" he agreed but waited for her so they could head in. He seemed to be thinking about that but he had made up his mind long before. "That would be nice" he said softly with a little smile, "if you'd like."
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top