BITS AND PIECES
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

BITS AND PIECES  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

BITS AND PIECES

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BITS AND PIECES  Empty BITS AND PIECES

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:54 pm

Jess ported to Hogsmead and breathed in the air there she also caught the quiet that was now all around her. Walking passed other shops she had seen the one she wanted and the things that sat in the window drew her right to it. Pushing open the door she heard the tinkle of the chime above it and smiled the smell of incense subtle yet calming reached her along with  the sound of animals  from the back of the shop. Jess ignored this and headed to find the things on Khaats list , tarot cards and crystals and other things. Soon the basket held all the things on Khaats list now she wanted to find some things herself .

As Jess walked she felt her energy's waver as she looked at everything the tea drew her over to them and she moved down the wall of small brown boxes that held tantalizing smells of the teas that sat with in them with strange yet elegant hand written name tags on each one.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

BITS AND PIECES  Empty Re: BITS AND PIECES

Post by Solstice Cane Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:50 pm

Solstice was working in the back room with an owl with a broken wing. It was healing nicely but it wasn't as flight ready as it seemed the owl wanted it to be. She heard the shop bell ring, and she stopped her work, washed her hands and came out from the back room.

She watched the customer for a moment to see if she needed help but the woman seemed to know what she was looking for.

She looked at the teapots. They needed fresh tea. She selected a couple of different kinds and put them on to brew. Her herbal teas were still some of her biggest sellers. She went over to the customer.

"Hello," she said. "Are you finding everything alright? Is there something I can help you with?"
Solstice Cane
Solstice Cane
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 36
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity, Speaking to Birds

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:33 pm

Jess heard a cheerful voice talk to her and she turned in its direction " oh yes, this place is wonderful, my friend Kate told me about it, she sent me with a list as long as my arm." she said and produced the list to show her and chuckled. "but I would like to try some of those teas, in particular any that restore energies quickly." she added " I'm a healer so lose a lot of energy quickly. " she looked at the small boxes of tea and breathed deeply "But they all smell divine, I'm not sure which one would suit me." She placed down the basket with Khaats things in it at the til.

She knew she would not leave with out a few new tea's for herself, Kate and Khaat to try.

Last edited by Jessica Dark Heart on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Solstice Cane Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:34 am

(ooc--it was kate, not khaat, so i'm going to write it accordingly)

"Oh yes," She smiled. "The minister's wife. She's a lovely woman." Solstice took the list. "Looks like she's starting a brand new kit. I can help with that. There's a pensieve on this list. We have a number of different styles. We've got everything from silver, and gold, to various sorts of semiprecious stone, and we've also got some in some lovely handcrafted colored glass. There's a brand new one that I honestly looked at for myself and then I didn't do it. This one here." She showed her a pensieve made of deep sapphire blue handblown glass with a base made in silver. The bowl also had a silver rim that was sculpted to look like the moon and the stars with tiny little crystals set into where the stars were supposed to be. "Its been pre-cleansed so that the seer can start using it straight away if they wish. And the maker says he can make a matching pitcher for water to put in the basin."

She listened to Jess talk about the tea. "I have several blends of seers' teas and energy workers' teas. They've got many of the same base blend, but they've got different flavors and some of the herbs are a bit different, depending on what the physical symptoms are of an energy drain. Different energy workers have different symptoms. Tell me a little more, and maybe I can match you to the right tea."
Solstice Cane
Solstice Cane
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity, Speaking to Birds

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:46 pm

Jess let her take the list and begin to gather the things on it. "Yes, I work with her and Khaat." She said and smiled " I'm a seer too." she added as she looked at the pensive Solstice had pointed out " oh Kate would really love this, can you make others?" She asked now thinking of the conversation they had at dinner the following evening adding a room that all the seers could share.

" its just were thinking of adding to the house and I think this glass would be perfect to add to a room were thinking of adding to it." she said smiling as she ran her fingers over the glass. " I was thinking maybe commissioning several stained glass windows for the room, to add a calming effect to it."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Solstice Cane Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:09 pm

"I can ask the artist to make more," Solstice said. "Should I presume you want them to be slightly different, or do you want them to be absolutely identical? If you're making a seers' room for multiple seers to use, you might want them to be slightly different so you can tell them apart, but that's up to you. Since they're handmade, it might take a few days, but I'm sure I can ask the artist to make more."

"It sounds like you're leaning towards a jewel tone palette for the decor. That should work, but you may find that if you use high levels of light, it might distract from the energies you need to use, unless you have proper drapes to be able to close out the light if you want to. In my father's country, some of the seers' rooms I've seen there use heavier fabrics for that, like brocades or velvets. They have a bit of tradition there of using lots of fabrics and pillows and things to create a softer look, and lots of enchanted light fixtures. I used to have a copy of a magazine from his country that had a photo feature on seers' rooms--if I can find it."
Solstice Cane
Solstice Cane
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:35 pm

Jess listened to her impressed with her knowledge and she nodded her head. "Yeah that's exactly what were going for" she said "Oh and yeah each one slightly different would be good, there are several seers in the house that would love to use the room."

She heard her again and again she nodded chuckling as he did " Yep, that's exactly it, quiet, meditative to recharge the energies and calm." she said and breathed out now looking forward to finishing the room to recharge her energies after healing those who need it or after a day running around after the kids.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Solstice Cane Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:55 pm

"Fine. I will order some more of those. How many are you looking for? The artist who makes them lives on the continent, but he does try to work pretty quickly when I have an order for him. But as long as you're looking at fabrics, you might want to look at these. I haven't put them out yet, but there might be something there that interests you."

She led her to a closet where she had stacks and stacks of wall hangings, blankets, throw rugs, shawls, and all manner of beautiful, exotic fabrics.

"You might think of something like these." She picked out an oversized midnight blue velvet drape that was covered in crystals and rhinestones that were set to look like constellations of stars in the night sky. "I love this one. I have one in my own place on the ceiling in my room. I enchanted the stones so they twinkle at night over my bed.

"But I have a lot of others. The blue one looks good with any of these darker tones--particularly the plain indigo one, or the purple. Even the darker cranberry red. There's a lot you can do with these. You can drape them on the walls, or on the ceilings, or make room partitions with them, pretty much whatever you can dream up."
Solstice Cane
Solstice Cane
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top