One Heart - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

One Heart - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

One Heart

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One Heart - Page 4 Empty Re: One Heart

Post by Angus Donohue Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:35 am

"We technically have a house here, but I never use it. I have a place in my grandfather's compound that I just never moved into. I never needed it. If I was home, I just used my old bedroom in Edward's place. I didn't like it much before because it was somewhat off by itself from the main house. Not far. Its only about the same distance as this suite is from the main villa. But, since i was by myself it was just too much space.

"Anyway, yeah. Its been empty for years. The back of the house faces the beach. Its got a big stone cellar--good for wine storage or some sort of downstairs family room. The ground floor has a living room, kitchen, a separate pantry, dining room, a full bath, and another room that could be a den or whatever.

"Upstairs is a big master bedroom with a terrace that opens out to the sea, three guest bedrooms, three full baths. And there's a third floor that's unfinished. Its a big open space that has a terrace all the way around. And, if that's not enough space, the roof is flat and could be opened for a rooftop garden or whatever we'd want it to be.

"You're certainly welcome to look at it if you want. The advantage is that there are few places that are safer. We'd never have to ever worry about Rose playing outside. The disadvantage, though, is that Rose would be mercilessly spoiled by her great grandfather and her uncles and cousins."

He dipped a strawberry into the chocolate. "This might lead us straight into trouble," he grinned. "Since you're hungry, we should think about letting Lorenzo know our thoughts for dinner. We can dress and go to the dining room, or we could order room service. The dining room starts serving at 8, but we can get room service whenever we want."
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:43 am

"We have a house? Really? You have a house on your grandfather's compound? I didn't know that you had one there." She said listening to him talk about where it was at the compound. "It would give us privacy if we decided that we wanted to move in there." She began thinking of what it would be like to live in Tuscany with him. "Would it be big enough for a big family?" She asked softly her cheeks going pink.

She listened to him describe the house and thought it sounded wonderful. She thought it would be a good place to raise Rose and whatever children they may have. "That's a lot of space," She said with a smile. "Would you consider living there if we decided that's where we wanted to live?" She asked him wanting to know if that's what he would consider.

"Maybe before we leave you can show it to me so I can see what it looks like. That's a good advantage of having a safe place for Rose to play at. Yeah that is a disadvantage of living there at the estate, she would be one spoiled little girl. The children we would have would be spoiled by them as well." She said with a laugh.

She laughed softly. "Yes it could lead us to trouble but it would be so much fun." She said with a mischievous grin on her face. She picked up a berry dipping it into the chocolate eating it. She wondered to herself wondering what thoughts he had running through his head. "Do you think we should dress and go to the dining room? I don't mind either of them." She said with a smile.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:32 am

"I never used it, so I never had reason to give it much thought," he shrugged. "And, I should tell you this, given Edward's age. My family won't be happy with the choices in his will, but, the estate--all of it--goes to me when he passes. He's made some financial bequests to other family members, but he's bypassed his children to give it to me. I don't know his thinking on it, but he's not going to change his mind. And, since he has the majority of the controlling interest in the boat company, that gives me almost 75% of that too--and a handful of other things. When the time comes, I expect quite a bit of static from my parents and my aunts and uncles.

"I'm sure I'd consider moving back home. I mean, it is my home, after all. Edward's house in the compound is bigger still than mine and someday that will be ours as well. But let me put this into your thinking. We certainly can have more than one place. People do it all the time. Khaat and Brian have a place here in Tuscany. Its a bit of a drive from here, but its nice. I won't even tell you how many properties Robert owns and the organization owns. Robert's always said we can use any of them. And we can design and build our own cabin on the estate grounds if we choose. I guess I'm saying there are endless options. I think we should take our time, give it some thought, and then we'll know what we want.

She asked what he wanted to do for dinner. He thought a moment and said, "You know, its cold, its raining, and that dining room won't be very private. Right now, I'm warm and dry and I don't want anybody else mucking this up. We so rarely get to sit at a dinner table without 12 kids and 20 other adults. I enjoy that, but as selfish as it sounds, I really just want to be here tonight with you."

Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:32 am

"Yeah if it wasn't used, it wouldn't cause for much thought." She said understandingly. Her eyes got wide at her words about Edward's will. "Well when the time comes, which I hope is a long time from now, we'll deal with the static from your family. With what you've told me about Edward and how he raised you, it definitely tells you that he trusts you to know what to do. Your parents, aunts, and uncles are going to have to understand that Edward gave it to you for a reason." She said understanding how parents as well as aunts and uncles may take it when Edward does pass on. She knew that if Edward passed that on to Angus for a reason and that it was what Edward wanted. "They may not like it but they have to respect his wishes." She said softly.

She listened to him talk about how he would consider moving back to Tuscany. She began thinking about having more than one place. She began wondering where they would have houses at and she thought about Paris but wasn't quite sure if that would work out. Then he talked about Robert letting them use any of his properties and she smiled. "Since we have endless options we should think about it and make sure that it's what we want. All I know though is that where ever we live will be perfect because we'll be together." She said honestly then kissed him on the lips softly. She loved how his mind worked and loved him with all of her heart.

She listened to him talk about how it was cold and wet outside also that the dining room wouldn't be very private. She smiled and kissed him after he finished speaking, "It's not selfish sweetheart. It's our honeymoon and we can just spend time together. We'll stay in, order room service and enjoy each others company." She said moving closer to him and kissing his lips softly. "Let's order some room service so that we can get something in our stomachs. Maybe we can order some more of those berries with whipped cream and chocolate." She smiled at him loving every part of the man she married.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:17 am

"If I know Edward at all, he'll try to make sure they know exactly what he thinks before that day comes," Angus said. "Doesnt' mean we won't get static afterwards, but we'll weather than when the time comes. Wizards tend to live a bit longer than muggles anyway. I think its because our medical care is better."

He could see her brain working overtime to get adjusted to the idea of more than one house. "Just stick with me," he smiled, nuzzling her softly. "You'll get used to it. There is so much to see, and I can't think of anyone I'd rather do it with."

"How about I call our friend Lorenzo and see what he recommends?" he said. He got up and put on his robe again and went to the phone. He called Lorenzo and discussed the resorts menu. It honestly started out in English and soon became an odd mix of English and Italian. But Angus wanted to be sure he asked all the right questions and got the best the resort had to offer this time of year.

"Alright," he said, when he hung up. "So, they're doing some special things for us. I ordered the Antipasti for an appetizer. For the first course, Lorenzo recommended we try the smoked risotto with cream, and they're doing a special hunters stew for us with chicken and cannolini beans, tomato, and fresh vegetables with some of their homemade crusty bread. And when we got to dessert, Lorenzo asked to surprise us. Well, he's done fine so far, so, I thought a surprise might be nice. We've got about an hour before the first course. So, Mrs. Donohue, that bathtub is huge. I wonder if it would fit two?"

Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:06 am

"Edward always tends to think of things like that when no one else does." She said with smile. "Yeah but I agree we'll weather it when the time does come. Which is a good thing considering some of the things that wizards have to go through."

"Always," She said closing her eyes when he nuzzled her. "It may take some time to get used to it. There is a lot to see. I can't think of anyone better to explore it than with you as well."

She giggled at his words, "Okay." She said. She laid down the bed on her stomach and watched him put in the call to Lorenzo. She smiled when he started out in English then was mixing both English and Italian together. She wished she knew Italian so she could understand was he was talking about to Lorenzo.

"All of it sounds really good. I don't believe I've had hunter's stew before though but it sounds delicious." She laughed when Lorenzo wanted to surprise them with dessert. "I wonder what he's thinking for dessert. Yeah it would be nice, he's done really well so far. I wonder if it does fit two. I think we should try and see if it actually does." She said getting out of bed and taking his hand to lead him into the bathroom to the tub.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:42 pm

There had been something in either her, the water, the quiet, or all of it that had made him just relax. He'd taken one of the roses and had crushed the petals into the water. It seemed to add something to the water. He had enjoyed just letting kisses trail behind her ear, down her neck and then slowly down her spine. He had already memorized every inch, but he never got tired of continuing to explore. After a point, he'd simply laid back against the porcelain tub and wrapped his arms around her, listening to the rain.

He opened the window just a crack to hear the rain more clearly. The night air was wet and cold. He wrapped her closer and added more hot water to keep her warm. He hear thunder in the distance and it seemed to be moving in the direction of the rain. A storm was coming.

He was glad they'd chosen to stay in. He noticed that the wet night air was making his chest ache where he'd encountered the Grundge brothers yesterday. It dawned on him that he hadn't given it thought all day, but it reminded him of the package Robert had slid into his pocket. He'd discovered it was a bottle of pain potion. Obviously, Robert had thought he would still need it. He changed his mind and reached up and closed the window.

"The thunder sounds lovely, but its cold," he said, rubbing her shoulder that had been exposed to the breeze, warming her skin. "How about we take a blanket and put it down on the floor by the fire and have dinner by the fire? There certainly could be worse places to be." He heard the clock finally chime. "Sounds like my cue. Lorenzo will be here in about five minutes. You take your time. I'll deal with it." He slid out of the tub and dried off and drew out a pair of grey and black plaid flannel pajama pants and a grey longsleeved thermal weave shirt, pushing up the sleeves. Tobias had included a pair of suede scuff slippers. He was glad for them because the stone floor would get cold tonight at some point.

"I'll take care of dinner," he said, kissing her.

He went to the door and let Lorenzo in, who had a cart with their dinner. Lorenzo was wearing a black full length dress raincoat with a hood.

"Sorry, Mate," Angus apologized for drawing him out in the rain.

"No, no," Lorenzo smiled. "You haven't given me much to do today. I was glad for it. You've been alright, then?"

"Very happy," Angus said.

"You've got a table out in the garden, but..."

"I think I can take care of that," Angus smiled. "We thought about eating in front of the fire, picnic style." Lorenzo smiled.

"I know just what you need," he said. "One moment." He disappeared and brought back a large roll wrapped in plastic. Angus frowned. Lorenzo opened the plastic and got out a large faux fur rug that would be more than comfortable for two. He put it on the floor in front of the fire and put out an extra blanket on the edge of the sofa.

Meanwhile, Angus was already looking under the cloches on the food cart. It smelled divine. He had not gotten to the desert cloche yet when Lorenzo stopped him.

"That's special. I spoke to the pastry chef, and she did something very special for you two," he said, setting the dinner out, course by course on the hearth.

"What did you do?" Angus frowned.

"Your bride will want to see this," Lorenzo smiled. "You might want to save this so you can see it together."
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:06 am

She had been glad that there was room enough for the both of them in the tub. She felt relaxed as they laid in the tub, it was something she wanted to do again when they were home. She had smiled when he had put rose petals in the water. When he had laid back against the tub she went with him closing her and letting the warm water and him relax her.

She looked up when he opened the window, the rain sounded clearer and she could smell the rain. She snuggled deeper into him and watched as he added more hot water to the tub. She turned her head and kissed his neck softly as she heard thunder. She looked out the window wondering how much longer before the storm reached them.

"Yeah it does," She said and smiled when he rubbed her shoulder. "That sounds wonderful, having dinner by the fire. It would be like a picnic only inside," She said. "Okay, I won't be much longer in here." She said as she laid back where he had been soaking in the warm water. She looked over at Angus and saw him in his pajamas with slippers. She felt like this was how it should always be with them and she was definitely glad that she was alone with him for a week.  

"Okay," She said kissing him back.

She watched him disappear and listened to the rain as it hit the roof of the suite. She stayed in the bath a few more minutes before getting out and wrapping a towel around herself. She let the water drain out of the tub as she dried off and put on her flannel pajama pants and a soft red shirt. She grabbed her brush and began brushing out her hair softly. She grabbed a hair tie and pulled her hair back in a messy bun to keep it out of her face. She put on her robe pulled it closed over her, she slipped on her own slippers and walked over to the tub to find it empty. She picked up the rose petals from the bottom and placed them on the counter next to the sink.

She walked out to find Angus and Lorenzo talking as she reached where Angus was. "It smells wonderful." She said able to smell the food from when Angus had lifted the cloches that sat on top of the food.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:35 pm

"Buono sera, Signora," Lorenzo said, seeing Bella emerge from the bathroom.

"He's got something special for dessert," Angus said, "And he said I couldn't see it until you could see it too." Lorenzo pointed out the different courses for dinner as they were laid on the stone hearth. Then he got to the dessert course and lifted the cloche to reveal a tiny, beautifully decorated wedding cake, perfect for just two.

"That," Angus said, "is amazing." He looked at the flawless white fondant decorated with elaborate tiny white piping made to look like beautiful lace. The sugar flowers were so flawlessly executed that it took Angus a minute to decide if they were real or sugar.

"The cake is made from Amedei chocolate and hazelnut. The filling is a raspberry mascarpone," Lorenzo said.

"How did you manage to create such artistry so quickly?" Angus asked, knowing work like that could take days.

"Our pastry chef, she pipes very fast," Lorenzo smiled. "But that one? She is very proud of. She says it is her masterpiece."

"She has every reason to be proud," Angus said. "She is a real artist. It's beautiful."

"Wait til you cut it," Lorenzo said. "She makes the best cake. It's my personal favorite."

"We'll get plenty of pictures before we cut it," Angus said. "Will we get to meet her?"

"Oh yes," Lorenzo said. "She makes all our desserts. She's here all the time."

"Well, until we meet her, give her our thanks, would you? I don't think I've seen a cake so perfect."

"I will tell her. I'm glad you approve," Lorenzo smiled. He got out a couple of bottles of Pelligrino to drink with dinner and a couple of glasses. "Shall I get you some wine for after dinner?"

"No thank you," Angus said. "We still have some champagne. We'll be fine, I think. Bella? Can you think of anything else we'll need tonight?" He looked at the stack of firewood. It looked like they had plenty. At the moment, he couldn't think of another thing they needed.

Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:21 am

"Hello Lorenzo." She said with a smile.

"Really?" She asked. She laughed at his next words, "I can't wait to see it." She saw the different courses as Lorenzo pointed them out to her. She saw the tiny wedding cake and thought it was beautiful, it was perfect for two which she thought was perfect.

"Yes it is amazing." She agreed with Angus as she looked at how it looked like white lace on the cake. She looked closely at the flowers and knew that they were sugar flowers. "It looks beautiful Lorenzo." She said with a smile.

Hearing what the cake was made from she really wanted to taste it to see what it was like.

"I think I could learn a few things from your pastry chef." She said with a smile. "She's amazing very talented."

"I can't wait to taste it." She said and pleased with what the dessert.

"Oh I'll get the camera." She said as she walked towards the bedroom grabbing the camera off the nightstand.

She came back in when Angus said to give the pastry chef their thanks. She held the camera in her hand smiling just thinking about how perfect it was today.

She let them talk then she looked at Angus when he asked if they'd need anything else. "No I don't believe so." She said not thinking of anything else that they would need for tonight.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top