One Heart - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

One Heart - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

One Heart

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One Heart - Page 3 Empty Re: One Heart

Post by Angus Donohue Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:24 am

"Yep," he replied when she asked about the duffel. "I think we're set." He wrapped his arm around her waist securely and ported them to the Edward family compound. He never tired of seeing the view of the beach and the sea just steps from the large stone fence around the large estate. He liked that so many of his family members had large apartments all in the same place, and he especially liked that Edward still called the shots here and kept people like Angus's father from exerting any control over the family. He always felt safe here.

He looked at his watch. His brothers would be cleaning the fishing boats from the morning haul. The women would be starting to cook lunch, he was sure. Perfect. They could get in and get out without having to explain. He got the car keys out of his pocket.

"I hope you don't mind my driving at least for now," he said. "And I'll get you a set of keys to it. I'm fine with you driving, but I know where we're going. I think you'll like it." He hadn't been there himself but he'd heard from his brothers and from some of his friends that it was worth every penny. He went over to a large building that was designed to look like an old livery stable. He opened the large wooden doors. It wasn't a stable at all. It was a large garage that held ten different cars, all owned by different members of the Donohue family. Some were very plain, middle class cars, some were more luxurious--and then there was Angus's. It was the envy of most of the family, but other than Angus, only Edward had keys to it. He didn't get to drive it very often himself, but he wanted her to be able to drive it and enjoy it too. It made him happy to have someone to share it with now.

It was a fiery red Lamborghini. Other than the car, Angus had spent very little of his money. He opened the hood at the front of the car, and the engine was in the back. He tossed the duffel bag in the trunk and put the box of pastries in there was well. He shut the trunk and opened the passenger door for Bella.

Getting in, he fastened his seatbelt and started the engine. He liked the roaring sound it made. "Oh," he told her. "Just so you know? Italians drive like maniacs. Its not your own skills you need to worry about. Its theirs. But where we're going isn't far. A couple hours at the most. And the scenery is great. Its a good time to take pictures if you want. Uh...might be a muggle camera in the console. Maybe."

Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:11 pm

"Okay." She said with a smile then nodded. She wrapped her arm around his shoulders when his arm went around her waist. She looked around when they got to the estate smiling remembering the time her and Rose came there with Angus. She looked towards the beach and thought how nice it would be to live near one or live in the country. She loved it here and began wondering again if they lived in Tuscany how beautiful it would be.

"I don't mind you driving." She said with a smile. "Okay, I'll have to make sure I don't lose them though. Yeah I would probably get us lost somewhere and we'd end up having to switch places. I can't wait to see it." She said with a smile. She liked the fact that he kept where they were going a surprise and she couldn't wait to see what it looked like. She followed him over towards a large building that looked like a stable and watched as he opened the wooden doors. She looked at the cars that were inside it and was impressed that so many had fit in there. She looked at Angus' and smiled, she walked towards it taking in the Lamborghini.

She laughed softly knowing that most people almost always got Lamborghini's in red. She looked at it with wide eyes not knowing that the trunk was in the front of it. She walked over to where he held open the passenger door, "Thank you Angus." She said as she got into the car.

She fastened her seat belt and relaxed into the leather seat of the car. She looked over when he began talking and laughed softly. "Okay so if I drive here I have to watch out for the crazy Italian drivers. Sounds like a wonderful drive." At the mention of camera she looked in the console for the camera, she wanted to take pictures of the drive to the hotel where they'd be staying. She also wanted to take some pictures of them together while they were there and on the drive as well.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:11 pm

"I'm not worried about you losing keys. Besides, we're wizards, remember? You can accio them to you." He was really hoping the resort he had in mind had not just a room in the villa, but he really wanted a suite. He wanted things to be perfect.

The first hour of the drive was sunny and beautiful. He found two pair of sunglasses in the console and handed a pair to Bella. He wasn't sure they were her size, but better too big than none at all. He made a mental note to get better sunglasses later. The sun warmed the inside of the car enough that he was able to pull over and stop and put his coat in the trunk. After all, he still had his suit jacket from the wedding.

The second half of the drive, though, he saw the weather was going to change. It started to get overcast, and he noticed some darkening skies in the distance. The sea captain within him helped him to see that rain was in the distance. It wasn't moving quickly, but it was coming. Oh, well. He had no intention of going outside for awhile once they got to the resort anyway.

He knew they were finally at the right place when he saw the heavy and ornate iron gates that stood at the end of the drive.

"This is the place," he said to her. He turned the car into the long gravel drive lined with tall cypress trees. The gravel became a pristine white concrete drive, and they could soon see the various old buildings and the beautiful sculpted gardens.

"I think you're going to like this," he smiled. He parked the car outside the main villa. "Let's see if they have any vacancies." He got out and went inside. There weren't a lot of people in the lobby this time of year, but there were still a couple of people behind the large old registration desk. He was about to ask if they had any rooms, and then he saw a sign saying that the staff also spoke English.

"Oh, good. You speak English," he said to a gray haired Italian man who wore glasses.

"Oh, yes," he said to Angus. "Welcome. How may I help you?"

"We're looking for a room. A suite if you have it."

"A villa suite, or a garden suite, Sir? They're all lovely. The villa suite is in this building and offer lovely views and private terraces, and the garden suites are in the other building but some offer you a private garden."

"Garden suite, I think," Angus said. "We're definitely looking for seclusion." The clerk checked the reservation book before looking back at him.

"I think I have just the thing. La Casa dell'Unicorno. It provides some of the best seclusion that we have. It is very beautiful."

"House of the Unicorn?" Angus frowned.

"Named after Hardie's Novel, House of the Wind," The clerk explained. "It has a magic that is all its own. How long will you be joining us?"

"At least a week, I should think," Angus said.

"Is this a special occasion? A special holiday, perhaps?"

"Honeymoon," Angus smiled.

"Ah! We're honored you chose to spend it with us. We'll send a bottle of champagne to your room? Yes?"

"Yes, that would be lovely."

The clerk motioned to a concierge and asked him to get their bags and take them to their suite. Angus gave the keys to the concierge and paid for the room. The clerk gave them each a key to the suite and brochures with detailed maps and activity descriptions and schedules, times for meal services, and pretty much everything they needed to know. Angus was glad the brochure packets were so detailed because his mind wasn't on absorbing those details right at the moment.

"Would you like us to shuttle you to your suite, or would you like to walk? Its out this door here," he pointed behind him to the large glass doors on the right, and just down the path. "Its not far." Angus looked out the door. It didn't even look like it was the distance of a city block. He felt sure they could walk it.

"Shall we walk?" he asked Bella.

Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:12 pm

"I'd end up looking for the keys before realizing that I can accio them to me." She said with a laugh. She looked over at him with a smile on her face, she knew that it was going to be really good honeymoon.

She put on the sunglasses that Angus handed her, they were big but suited their purpose. She had found the camera in the console and was taking pictures every now and then. She enjoyed the drive to where they were headed taking in the view of the road. When they pulled over because it was getting warm in the car. She took off her own jacket to place it in the trunk as well, she was getting a little warm with it on.  

When they were on the road again she took a few pictures of the darkening clouds in the distance. It made it look rather neat with the light clouds on one side and the dark on another. She turned to look at Angus and smiled before taking his picture, the way the sun when it moved out from behind the clouds made a perfect picture of him.

When she saw the gates her eyes went wide as she took a good look at them.

"Those gates are amazing." She said forgetting that she could have taken a picture of them. She looked around as they headed up the white concrete drive. She was in awe of the old buildings and gardens of the place. Her mouth had almost fallen open as she looked around with wide eyes, "This place is amazing Angus." She said softly.

"It beautiful here," She said looking at him with a smile. She got out of the car as well still holding onto the camera, she was looking around as she followed him inside. She made sure that she didn't end up too far behind him but couldn't help but look around the lobby at everything. She went over to where Angus was standing at the registration desk.

She listened to the conversation of them talking about rooms and knew that Angus would know best about which room to get. Her interest was piqued when the name of the suite was house of the unicorn, she wanted to giggle but decided to leave that until they were alone. She began wondering how much of the time they'd be staying her they'd actually be out of the room.

She looked at the brochure that they were handed which she found were really detailed in everything. She took a quick glance of it before closing it, she couldn't concentrate properly on the details because there were so many.

She looked where the clerk pointed behind him at the large glass doors. She saw the path that lead towards where their suite was and wanted to walk down to it.

"Yeah," She said with a smile wanting to take in everything on the walk to their suite.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:51 pm

He took her hand and headed down the short path to their suite.

"I bet its beautiful when the flowers are in bloom," he said. "It would be a good excuse if we decide to come back." He looked ahead of them and saw three or four concierges bustling in and out of a suite ahead of them. "I'm guessing that's the place," he laughed. "Maybe I should have phoned ahead."

He decided to slow their step just a little to give the staff a moment or two more time. He was surprised, when they got there to see that they appeared to be just finishing. A young man in a shirt and tie met them at the door. The young man waved the other staff members away.

"Mr and Mrs Donohue, I am Lorenzo, your concierge," he smiled. "Welcome. I am at your service during your stay. Please do not hesitate to call me if you should need anything. Would you like me to unpack for you?"

"Oh, no thank you," Angus said, realizing that a muggle couldn't open the duffel bag anyway. "We'll do that.

"Very well. Your prosecco is open and waiting, with a tray of refreshments for you. And the fire had been laid for you in the fireplace. It only needs to be lit. If you like, we can serve your dinner here in your room or in your garden, but it may be chilly tonight."

"I'm familiar," Angus said. It wasn't his first January in Tuscany.

"I see. May I get you anything else?"

"No, thank you. I think we're fine for now," Angus said, pressing a tip into his hand. He was noticing that they'd also put fresh flowers and a large bowl of fresh fruit in the suite, along with a luxurious cheese tray next to the prosecco. It was a nice touch. Lorenzo thanked him and left, closing the door behind him.

Angus flicked his wand at the bag, casting an unpacking spell, and he tossed his fedora on an end table.

"Nice man," Angus said. "But I thought they'd never leave." He kissed her slowly.
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:56 pm

She smiled as she intertwined her fingers with him while they walked down the path.

"Yeah, I still think it's beautiful now." She said smiling. "Yes it would be a good excuse to come back." She heard his words and looked up at the concierges moving in and out of the suite. "Well they seem like their moving quickly to get it finished." She said with a laugh.

She smiled when Angus slowed them down to try and give the staff some more time. When they got to the suite she saw that they were finishing everything.

She looked at the young man in the tie introduce himself. She thought it was really nice that they had their own concierge. She however just wanted to be alone with Angus but she decided to look around the beginning part of the suite.

She looked over at Angus when he declined the offer of the man unpacking for them.

She listened to the man talk about refreshments ready for us and about a fire. She heard him talk about dinner being served in the room or garden. She smiled when Angus said he was familiar with the weather being chilly tonight.

She looked at the fresh flowers touching her finger to one of the petals with a smile. She looked at the fruit and cheese that were laid out next to the prosecco. She heard Lorenzo say something to Angus before closing the door behind him.

She turned to look at Angus and caught him tossing his fedora on one of the end tables.

"Yes he was a nice man." She said. "I'm glad they did." She kissed him back putting her arms around his neck softly. Her hands moved to the suit jacket and pushed it off his shoulders.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:34 pm

It hadn't taken them long to 'break the room in properly' and then some. It hadn't been rushed, but it had had a whole different sort of passion that Angus wasn't sure he would easily get enough of. He wanted to remember this feeling, and didn't want to lose it ever. He wasn't sure exactly why this felt so different, but if he thought he loved her before, it was nothing compared to what things felt like now for him. Perhaps it was that he was already starting to lose his insecurity that he'd lose her. This felt more permanent. She felt, finally, like she was his. He had a family of his own.

He was getting carried away with himself, thinking already of starting a family. Maybe a large one. Beside him, the prosecco bottle lay on the floor, drained. Beside him, she looked like she was sleeping. He didn't want to wake her, but he realized it was getting chilly in the room. That, and he was hearing a hard, steady rain on the windows. He loved the sound of the rain on the tile roof. There wasn't another sound anywhere. It felt like this place was untouchably safe, but it was also making the room a little damp.

He slid out from under the covers, wrapped his grey robe around him and silently went over to the fireplace, leveled his wand at the hearth and started the fire. It would draw in a moment and warm the room. He dialed Lorenzo and quietly ordered more 2 more bottles of prosecco and asked him to set it outside the door. He nibbled a piece of the cheese from the cheese tray.

A moment later he heard a barely audible tapping on the door. He tied his robe a bit tighter before opening the door. But Lorenzo wasnt there. Angus looked left and right and saw he'd noislessly left a wrought iron cart outside the door, up against the outside wall of the suite. There were two ice buckets with prosecco, and Lorenzo had opened the first bottle already. In between the ice buckets was a plate with a silver cloche over it. He lived the cloche to see an assortment of berries, with a crystal bowl of whipped cream and a crystal bowl of chocolate for dipping. How did he know Angus was getting hungry. He smiled, deciding that Lorenzo had clearly had a lot of experience with newlyweds and Angus appreciated Lorenzo anticipating their needs even before they knew what they wanted.

Angus brought the buckets of prosecco inside and the plate of berries and closed the door noiselessly. He got rid of the empty prosecco bottle and refilled her glass and his. He took off his robe and slid back under the covers and picked up his glass and took a sip.

Right at the moment, he couldn't think of one more thing he wanted or needed.
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:00 pm

She laid in bed her mind on everything that happened today and she smiled softly to herself. The passion between them felt different but it was wonderful at the same time. She was glad that she didn't wait any longer to marry him. She was happy that she would spend a week alone with him and that it was just them together. She began thinking about a family with him and honestly she felt like she couldn't wait to have children with him.

She could hear the sound of the rain hitting the windows and the roof. She snuggled more deeply into the covers loving the sound the rain made. She was glad that this was the place he picked, it was perfect for them and it was so quiet as well as private. She was glad that he said they should just do a spur of the moment honeymoon and to her it was perfect.

She felt Angus slide out of bed, so she took her time trying to get out of bed. She finally sat up and saw Angus at the fire place lighting the wood in the fireplace. She got out of bed and wrapped her dark red robe around herself then headed to the bathroom. She washed her face and brushed out her hair before returning back to the bedroom.

She heard a knock on the door of the suite as she slid back in bed and laid back against the headboard. She smiled softly to herself as she made sure she was comfortable where she was sitting. She felt relaxed and warm from the fire giving off the heat the suite needed. She thought about all the things that happened before today but they didn't seem to matter much now. She looked down at her rings remembering how they lit up once they were connected on her hand.

She saw him bring in the buckets of prosecco inside and a plate of something she couldn't quite see. She smiled at him when he refilled their glasses. Once he was in the bed again she slide over and leaned against his side softly. "Hey," She said before she gave a smal yawn.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:54 pm

"I'm sorry," he said, kissing her. "Did I wake you? I think I've decided. We'll just stay here. We'll never go home. We'll just lay here and practice for when we decide we really do want to make little Donohues. Practice makes perfect, right?" he asked playfully, kissing her forehead softly. "They're muggles. If I seal the door, they're so screwed and we're set for life. I wonder if anyone comes out and goes to the restaurant or the spa or wine tastings or anything else? Suppose?"

He remembered the berries and levitated the plate over to the bed. "Hungry?" he asked. He tasted the whipped cream. It was flavored with just a touch of Amaretto, he thought.  "Oh, you have to try this," he said.  He dipped a blackberry in it and held it out to her. "Amazing. Maybe we should keep Lorenzo too. This was his idea."  Berries, whipped cream, chocolate--it sounded like a whole new sort of fun.

They had all sorts of time. Dinner here wasn't served until 8 pm til 10 pm, but the concierge could prepare a meal at any time for them.

Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:35 pm

She kissed him back after he said that he was sorry. "No sweetheart you didn't wake me." She giggled when he suggesting never going home and staying here. She moved to where her knees were pointing towards the headboard sitting on her hip facing him. She thought about what he said and said, "What if we moved to a house in the country here." She felt her face flush just slightly wondering what he would say. "True if the door is sealed they won't be able to get in. It is interesting if anyone does leave their suite to go to those places." She said agreeing with him.

She watched him levitate the berries to the bed. "Starving," She said with a smile. She picked up one of the berries and popped it into her mouth. She tasted the crisp and sweet, when he said that she had to try the whipped cream. She accepted the berry and found that she liked the whipped cream, "Oh that's really good." She said as she picked up another berry dipping it in the chocolate. "Yes it is." She laughed when he suggested keeping Lorenzo and about the whipped cream as well as chocolate was his idea. "Well the whipped cream and chocolate definitely gives you some ideas." She gave him a small smirk.

She wondered how much time they had because she didn't really know when dinner was served.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top