Deathly Shadows
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Deathly Shadows Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Deathly Shadows

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deathly Shadows Empty Deathly Shadows

Post by Poppy Levski Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:25 am

It was the start of Christmas break, and Poppy had gone from the school to the train station. She was pleasantly surprised to see that the oh-so-prompt train from the station to Kings Cross was unusually late. They were predicted to have at least a two hour delay before departing, and it was already a very dark and overcast afternoon. Poppy had heard a couple of the professors worrying about an impending snowstorm and their desire to get the students back to their families before the snow started.

Poppy wasn't worried, though. She liked snow on Christmas, and she was hoping to see a little bit more than the slight dusting they had. She felt for the galleons in her pocket, and was relieved to know they were still there. Her father had been diligent in sending her an allowance, which Poppy hadn't spent. It seemed like the perfect time to go Christmas shopping.

She headed down the village street, looking in the windows of the shops. She had a sharply limited budget, but she still wanted to buy her siblings and her parents something. This year, instead of feeling like an only child, she had siblings to consider. Since meeting her biological father's family, she had met her 3 half brothers and her half sister. She also had a half brother by her mother. And, this year, she had grandparents--her father's parents. She was excited about Christmas for once.

She heard a noise. Something that caused fear to race up her spine. It was a low growl. Poppy knew the sound much too well. And then she smelled something that reminded her of a wet, filthy dog. She turned and saw the glimpse of a face she knew much too well--someone worth being frightened of. She quickened her step and, opening the closest door she could find, she stepped inside.

The smell of warm chocolate and sugar filled her senses. Honeydukes. She was grateful to see the shop was crowded with people, and the sight of endless sugary delights helped her to feel safe. Surely, surely the figure she'd seen in the alleyway would not dare to follow her in here.
Poppy Levski
Poppy Levski
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 34
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Deathly Shadows Empty Re: Deathly Shadows

Post by Ciara McGee Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:21 am

Ciara to be honest was quite excited about going home for Christmas. She did cherish her family very much and tried to spend so much as she could with them. So Christmas was one of them for sure. It was one holiday when entire family did came together and did spend it together. She really liked it very much. She could see the family member who she couldn't see any other way.

When train was said is delayed she sighed. She wanted to go home to her family. When she heard that there will be even snow storm, well that was actually happy news since she wanted to have more snow actually. She liked snow and well more likely play in it than just see how it falls down from sky.

Since there was so much time until train will leave so then she decided to go walk around Hogesmeade since had nothing else to do time being. She noticed the Honeydukes shop and walk in there. She thought maybe she could buy some sweets on her way home and even later one. She didn't really do Christmas gifts for anyone, she did it last year and found it out it was way too expensive for her, she barely had then any money left after that but she wanted to save some money. So she wasn't sure if she should make gifts for her family or not.

But she was at the moment looking sweets for herself not someone else. She took something here and there, she did take everything what seemed to taste good, even some new candies what she haven't seen before, she wanted to try those out.
Ciara McGee
Ciara McGee
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy Levski Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:06 am

[i'm going off the assumption that since they're the same age in the same house, they'd at least know each other by name. if that's not ok, let me know.]

Poppy was frightened. She knew all too well what was outside in the alley. She tried to think. She decided she needed to stay close to others and try to blend in. Perhaps it would be safer that way. She looked around trying to see if there was anyone here she knew. She saw Ciara. Wanting to look like she was shopping, she picked up a basket and chose a few of the cranberry lollipops shaped like Father Christmas, putting them in the basket. Then she slipped through the other customers and went over to Ciara.

"The caramel owls are very nice," Poppy said to Ciara, pointing out a bin with chocolate covered caramel owls. She picked up a few and put them in her basket. "Have you finished your Christmas shopping? I'm only buying small gifts this year, I think. " The truth of it was that 12 year olds just generally didn't often have the money to do a great deal of shopping. It was more the thought than what was spent.

Poppy Levski
Poppy Levski
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 34
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciara McGee Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:00 pm

[it's okay with they know by names.]

Ciara was keep shopping there until someone from her house came over to her and began to talk with her. It was girl named Poppy, who was a year younger if she was right now. She smiled to her and listened what she said.

"Oh I see. Not sure if I have tried them but I'll try them now," she said and did put some in her basket there now too. "Not really. I'm not sure if I should do it or not. Just last year I did spend my all pocket money on gifts," she said there now. "Probably I could do something small for them and not very expensive," she added there now. She wasn't sure if she should or not gifts for her family.
Ciara McGee
Ciara McGee
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 166

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top