HP & the Deathly Hallows part 1 (spoilers)
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

HP & the Deathly Hallows part 1 (spoilers) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

HP & the Deathly Hallows part 1 (spoilers)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HP & the Deathly Hallows part 1 (spoilers) Empty HP & the Deathly Hallows part 1 (spoilers)

Post by Darren Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:05 pm

The first part of DH is currently showing in cinemas in most countries. Watched it yet? Post your opinions and discuss the movie here!

This thread will probably contain spoilers so if you havent watched DH yet, don't read any further.

Last edited by Darren on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

HP & the Deathly Hallows part 1 (spoilers) Empty Re: HP & the Deathly Hallows part 1 (spoilers)

Post by Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:37 pm

I am NOT reading this untill I see the movie myself
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

HP & the Deathly Hallows part 1 (spoilers) Empty Re: HP & the Deathly Hallows part 1 (spoilers)

Post by Jack Wickim Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:25 am

Saw it last night. Pretty good movie.
Jack Wickim
Jack Wickim

Number of posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Potter Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:50 am

Ok Here is what I thought

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Overall I rate it a 9.5
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 2915

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:01 am

Jack Wickim wrote:Saw it last night. Pretty good movie.

So did I Jack, It was awesome I hated how Dobby died I cried
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Wickim Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:04 am

Yes, the Dobby scene was very sad.

Also Nick, I thought Bellatrix was awesome in this movie.

Also, Emma Watson semi nude = Thumbs up.
Jack Wickim
Jack Wickim

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Potter Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:08 am

Yes Emma partial naked was cool altough I think the girls there had a diffrent thing and mind. XD

Bellatrix was cool and was it just me or (Disturbing spoiler)
Spoiler:

And you should of saw the movie theater there was nobody there except for me and my brother and theese old people (Only 5 people)
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 2915

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Wickim Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:10 am

Dude that sucks. My theater was packed, I was in the second row to the front and my neck was killing me afterwards. It kind of blew, but I still enjoyed the movie.

And I agree on her, cept for the teeth. Like, when her mouth was closed, A+. But open, a C at best.
Jack Wickim
Jack Wickim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:12 am

I saw it at Midnight I stood in line almost all day to get good seat and it was worth it but the ending was SO lame! I hated how they ended it there!
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:18 am

I saw the movie today- I just got back actually. My opinion? Glad you asked, because I was going to go on and on about it with or without anyone asking for my opinion on the movie, so at least now I have a valid reason to do so.

Towards the beginning of the movie I could already feel the suspenseful build up that had been purposely injected into the introduction; I had watched, wide-eyed as Hermione had wiped her parents’ memories clean- but something was missing. It felt as if the introduction could have been drawn out more; they decided to make two separate parts after all, so why not take advantage of that fact and squeeze in as much of the book as possible? I was really hoping that the movie would begin to seem more detailed as it continued on past the introduction, but during the entire first part of the movie I felt as if I were watching the movie while fast-forwarding through it.

I finally was able to sigh with relief when the search for the horcruxes began, but could not stop thinking about how oddly proportioned the film had already been; I felt the same way during many other great movies as well, but perhaps my obsession with the books has made me overcritical when it comes to the detailing of the navel-based movies. Now, I understand that the director wanted to somewhat separate the movie from the book by including as much of the book as “possible”, but giving it a different feel, however, there were a few parts that were left within the pages of the book that I felt would have been a great addition to the movie.

Anyhow, moving on to other things.

There were many parts during the movie that only those who had read the book would catch; things that clicked in my head, but left my brother wondering what the hell that had to do with anything. One example of this was the scene that showed Moody’s eye upon Dolores Umbridge’s door- in fact, he leaned over and said, “that looks like that one guy’s fake eye…ye’ know, the one that died.” It just didn’t click for him. Poor fellow. There were many other scenes such as that one, but I can not recall them all, as I have very poor short-term memory. =P Perhaps they should have attempted to explain those scenes in a not direct, but understandable way for those who have not picked up a book in decades.

The Tale of The Three Brothers was brilliant animated. I greatly enjoyed watching that story come to life after having read it from my copy of Tales of Beatle the Bard.

I also felt somewhat cheated when Bellatrix’s scene was cut from the film- that is, assuming that they even filmed the full scene when Bellatrix had tortured Hermione mercilessly- but I can see the reason for leaving that scene out, what with there already being quite a bit of blood and skin throughout the movie. There is no need to turn a rated PG13 movie into one that is rated R for “Red can’t go to see that movie because it is rated R”. Helena Bonham Carter’s acting was still brilliant though, despite the fact that she was fighting for screen time.

Now, now, what have I left out….?

OH! I adored Dobby; he had me laughing like a maniac when he replied to Bellatrix with “No, Dobby never meant to kill… he only meant to impale or seriously injure”. Way to go Dobby- brilliant until the very end.

Speaking of ends, I love where they chose to end part 1 of Deathly Hallows because it didn’t feel too cliffhanger-ish, but it did leave me fidgeting in my seat, wondering how the second part would turn out. I so desperately hope they do Voldamort justice during his final scene- a loss of yet another, perfect villain. The world will never be the same without you-know-who. =P

Despite my criticizing, I did enjoy the movie, and I hope the 2nd part meets my high expectations.
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top