A new shoppe for a new life {Open}
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A new shoppe for a new life {Open} Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A new shoppe for a new life {Open}

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A new shoppe for a new life {Open} Empty A new shoppe for a new life {Open}

Post by Yvette Tungsten-Wells Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:02 am

Yvette got dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a black lace floral print corcet top with her black thick heeled boots. She walked towards diagon alley the key in her pocket feeling heavier with each step she took. She knew she could have apparated to the store but she wanted to walk to get rid of some of her nerves. She had finally saved up enough money to buy the place and she was determined to make it great. She reached Diagon Alley and walked along the cobblestones keep her eyes on the shop that held her every dream. She walked up to the door and fished out her key and unlocked the door to it.

Stepping inside the door she looked around and smiled to herself. She took off her coat then placed it and her purse on the counter. She went straight for the boxes of merchandise and began unpacking them then placing them on the shelves neatly. She made sure that everything was placed in a pleasant way making sure that there was plenty of space for everything. She knew it would take several hours for everything to be put up and organized to where everything was neatly seen.

Three Hours Later

Yvette placed the last item on the shelf and looked around. She laughed as she saw how good it looked, she went to her purse and pulled out her camera to take a picture. She snapped several pictures and giggled before she looked at the clock seeing it was lunch time. She decided to grab something to go from Eli's so that she could put the final touches on the shop before she opened it tomorrow. Grabbing her purse and key to the shop she walked out then locked the door. She headed to Eli's to grab something for lunch, she walked along the cobblestones swinging her purse smiling widely.

After grabbing something to go from Eli's she headed back to the shop. Looking up at the shop when she got closer her smile fell from her face quickly. She sighed knowing what was going to happen next when she stopped several feet from her mother.

"How did you know I bought this place? And why are you even here? I told you I won't play pawn in you and dad's little game. I'm on my own and I choose to stay that way." She said looking at her mother who had her arms crossed.

"I found out about it when I was going to get it for a client. I came to see who the new owner was and offer them a good deal to buy it from them." She said glaring at Yvette. "I don't know what your talking about. I'm not playing a game with your father and I'm certainly am not using you as a pawn."

"I'm not selling no matter how much your client wants this place. I got this on my own and without your money so go away and leave me alone." Yvette said moving past her mother as she went to unlock the door.

Her mother didn't say anything and simply walked away from her with anger.

Yvette unlocked the shop and walked in the shop putting the food on the counter. She sighed deeply as she unpacked her food and ate it without really tasting it. She looked around the shop as she finished the last of her food then packed it all back up in the bag.

Getting off the stool she was sitting on and began putting the finishing touches on everything in the store. She finished the last of them and then began breaking down the boxes everything had been put in. It took two trips to take the boxes out back to the dumpster and once she was back inside she sighed. Sitting back on the stool that was behind the counter she looked at everything with a smile.

She decided to explore everything in the store so she went through and saw a door that lead to the basement. Seeing spider webs she shut the door quickly, she went to open another door but it was locked and wouldn't open. She tried her key but it didn't work, confused she walked back to the counter and pulled out the layout of the shop she got when she bought the place. On the layout it didn't show what the door lead to and it didn't show much else except the inside of the shop and the door that lead to the basement. She sighed shaking her head softly before putting it out of her mind completely. She ignored completely that her front door was open enough to notice from the outside.
Yvette Tungsten-Wells
Yvette Tungsten-Wells
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 155

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top