Another year, hopefully different faces {open}
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Another year, hopefully different faces {open} Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Another year, hopefully different faces {open}

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another year, hopefully different faces {open} Empty Another year, hopefully different faces {open}

Post by Vaughn Hunter Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:32 pm

Vaughn boarded the train with a sigh and began looking for an empty place to sit. He finally found one in the front of the train and sat down running a hand down his face. His summer wasn't one that he found particularly fun or anything. He took care of his younger brother all summer because their dad was ill and no one knew what was wrong with him. So being the good son that he was, Vaughn took care of his little brother including cooking food for him. 

Their mother wasn't in the best of shape considering she stayed up most nights worrying about her husband. So to help her out he cooked, cleaned, and took care of the garden as well as everything that was outside the house. They now had a house elf that helped him take care of everything which allowed him to sleep when he needed to. Their house elf's name was Miggy, she was a huge help and Vaughn made sure she had everything she needed. She even helped him bake a cake for his brother for his birthday. She had even made him a cake for his birthday and made a nice dinner for him. 

Vaughn looked out the window of the train, it was still sitting on the tracks of Platform 9 3/4 waiting for it to take off. He only hoped that he wouldn't have to deal with more jerks at school this year. He laid his head back against the seat and closed his eyes in hopes to banish the headache he could feel coming.
Vaughn Hunter
Vaughn Hunter
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 177

Back to top Go down

Another year, hopefully different faces {open} Empty Re: Another year, hopefully different faces {open}

Post by Athena Abercrombie Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:35 am

Athena been wondering around the train looking for something to do,  for once she was bored out of her mind.  Sighing boredly to herself,  Athena was about to head back to her compartment as she seen a boy about in his sixth year sitting alone. Athena looked at the boy and seen that she seen him around the Gryffindor common room quite bit last year.  'What the heck he's a Gryffindor, it's  not going to hurt. Athena thought to herself.  "Um... sorry, I was just walking by and seen you alone and thought you could use some company."said Athena shyly.

"If you have a headache, I hear peppermint is the best cure for it."said Athena.  "If you care to know, I'm Athena, Athena Abercrombie."said Athena.  "I can tell that you rather be alone, so I'll leave you alone, maybe I'll see you in the Gryffindor common room."said Athena.  Athena was about to leave as she dug into her pocket laying a peppermint candy beside him.  " In case you want it."said Athena giving him a friendly but shy smile.
Athena Abercrombie
Athena Abercrombie
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Another year, hopefully different faces {open} Empty Re: Another year, hopefully different faces {open}

Post by Vaughn Hunter Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:00 pm

Vaughn opened his eyes when he heard a voice, "Yeah I could. It would be nice for a change to have some company." He said rubbing a hand down his face again trying to rid himself of the headache he had. 

He looked up at her with a surprised expression on his face, "I didn't know that peppermint could do that. I'm Vaughn Hunter, it's nice to meet you Athena. Did your parents name you after the Greek goddess Athena?" He asked looking at her and wondering how her parents came up with the name. "You don't have to leave please have a seat," He said gesturing to the bench in front of him. He took the peppermint candy and put it in his mouth.
Vaughn Hunter
Vaughn Hunter
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Abercrombie Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:20 am

Athena looked at him and smiled shyly at him.  " I'm glad that I can be some company to you, I was bored and lonely myself in my compartment, so I tend to wonder around due to boredom."said Athena.  Athena looked becausee boy and frowned, he must have a pretty bad headache due rubbing his face to get rid of it. 

"My mother is a nurse at a muggle hospitail, so I know some stuff."said Athena.  "Nice to meet you Vaughn, unique name, yes my parents named me after the Greek goddess Athena."said Athena.  " Oh ok,  then I'll say because you want me to, besides I can use some more friends!"said Athena.
Athena Abercrombie
Athena Abercrombie
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughn Hunter Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:38 pm

"I tend to stick to myself in compartments due to the issues I had last year." Vaughn said leaning back against the seat again. "Not everyone was exactly friendly last year considering who I was dating. I don't even know if we still are ironically enough." He stretched out his legs as he settled more deeply into the seat. He continued to suck on the peppermint candy and felt his headache slowly going away. "This peppermint is working really well, thank you." 

"Ah well that helps a lot when you can find home remedies to things like this." He said grinning softly. "Yeah my parents wanted to find a unique name and they came up with Vaughn. I also think my mom picked it out of a book she had." He chuckled remembering the last time he read a book off his mom's shelf. "Yeah so could I. Oh and don't believe a single rumor that spreads at Hogwarts. People just like to assume things that aren't true."
Vaughn Hunter
Vaughn Hunter
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Abercrombie Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:22 pm

Athena looked at him and nodded. " Yeah not many people around here are that nice, that's why I tend to stay to myself and I'm so shy. " said Athena honestly. " I'm sorry Vaughn, but if you still have feelings for her, you need to try to work it out."said Athena giving some advice to her new friend. " If you don't, then don't worry about it but I don't think you should be dating someone who's mean, I just met you but you don't seem that way. "said Athena honestly. " Sorry...I shouldn't even be getting into this, not evenmy bbus, but that's my opinion. "said Athena. " You're welcome, got plenty more if you ever need them, I just don't like taking Potions for everything you know, I not when you can cure it with candy or something. "said Athena. 

Athena nodded. " Yeah it does, sometimes being a Half - blood has it perks, we know stuff about muggles things that purebloods don't even know, it's not like some of them really care to know. " said Athena honestly. "Wow...that's awesom I must say very cool indeed, seems like we have something in common, we were both named unique names. "said Athena grinning at him. " Oh I don't,I think half the crap people come up with is rubbish, but Hogwarts wouldn't be Hogwarts without the gossip. " said Athena honestly.
Athena Abercrombie
Athena Abercrombie
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnaby Fontaine Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Graham was wandering down the hall of the train car when he caught sight of Vaughn talking to a younger student. A smirk pulled at his lips as he approached properly, sliding the door open and leaning in the doorway. They were discussing gossip? Well, wasn't that fitting?

After last year, Graham couldn't even help the fact that he rolled his eyes. Hadn't he heard about Vaughn and the guy's girlfriend? Graham spent more time with Isadora than with anyone who gossiped, really, but word definitely got around during classes. Of course, anyone who knew Graham knew that he stuck with Isadora because he could cause more havoc than he could just on his own. Not that he wasn't particularly good at being a menace by himself, of course.

"Oh, I don't know," he drawled, lifting one shoulder in a fake sense of nonchalance. Then, directed at Vaughn, he added, "some of the things I heard last year were pretty believable."

Graham pushed off of the door and sat himself down a little ways from Athena, making a show of getting comfortable. "Though, I've heard a few more interesting things just on the platform. That Slytherin girl who dropped out? She's coming back. Just imagine the fun of it," he declared brightly. "She always did strike me as someone who would make a good addition to mine and Dora's duo. I'm sure that would be loads of fun," he grinned, the images of potential pranks and messes practically flashing in front of his eyes.
Barnaby Fontaine
Barnaby Fontaine
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughn Hunter Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Vaughn listened to Athena and nodded knowing the feeling. "That's the thing I don't know. My head isn't exactly in the relationship because I'm more worried about my dad getting sick." He said rubbing a hand over his face. "It's ok friends give each other advice right?" He said smiling softly. "Thank if I need anymore I know you have some. I don't like taking potions either some of them don't taste very good."

Vaughn nodded at her words as he allowed his head to settle on the back of the bench. Movement caught his eye as the sliding door opened. Then when the boy said he believed some of the rumors last year had him rolling his eyes.

"Believe what you want, I don't care. None of the rumors were true so why don't you play somewhere else." Vaughn said as he looked out the window not paying attention to the boy.

Hearing him talk about a new potential partner made Vaughn want to just punch him in the face. "Well I hope you have loads of fun with your little triangle." He said with menace as he turned to look at the boy.
Vaughn Hunter
Vaughn Hunter
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Abercrombie Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:13 pm

Athena looked at him and nodded. " Well...then don't do it if your heart isn't in it, no point of thinking about something that your heart isn't in. " said Athena honestly. " I'm sorry that your father is sick, if you need a ffriend, I'm always here you know. " said Athena. Athena nodded and smiled. " Of course that's what friends are for, and friends always have each other's back. Athena chuckled. " I don't like potions either, sometimes Muggle medicine taste better than potions, at least they try to make them taste like grape or so."said Athena. 

Athena seen a boy she never saw before coming in and shifted in her seat at his smirk, it looked a bit twisted and evil, like a snake dressed in nice clothing. Athena stayed quiet listening between Vaughn and the boy, she had no idea what was going on. Athena kept to herself most of the time, so she didn't know anything about the gossip or drama that went around Hogwarts, she honestly didn't care to know. Like she was saying, half the gossip that goes around Hogwarts wasn't true, and some people just spread rumors to hear themselves talk or look good. Although some of it was to ruin the other person life by spreading lies, she thought it was childish and stupid in her opinion. 

A then looked at Vaughn and seen that he didn't like the boy, she wondering why, but she wasn't going to be nosy and prowl into his business. Although she didn't know the other boy, she had a feeling that he was bad news, but she could be judging a book by its cover. Athena looked at Vaughn and raised his eyebrows at him. "Vaughn what's wrong, you seem to complete hate him why if I may ask. "said Athena.
Athena Abercrombie
Athena Abercrombie
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnaby Fontaine Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:30 am

"Oh?" Graham returned brightly, lifting his eyebrows. Turning to Athena he went on. "Touchy today, is he? I can see why, really, given how pushy that Weasley girl was about it. Loved to stick her nose in, didn't she?" He asked Vaughn. "I get the appeal, but it's not exactly the most clever of things to go after."

Graham knew full well that he had just done the same thing, so he chuckled. "Definitely see the appeal," he repeated by way of nonchalantly explaining himself.

Vaughn didn't seem excited about Graham's potential trio with Nessarose and Isadora, which didn surprise the cunning Ravenclaw very much. Not at all actually. "Don't think we'll forget about you, Hunter. You get irked too easily, apparently."

The girl's question met the air and Graham laughed. "You'd think, wouldn't you, that he would realize that the fun of bothering him would go away if he didn't react. There's nothing in particular between us, to be clear," he explained, genuine for once. "Vaughn doesn't appreciate my sense of humor, mainly."
Barnaby Fontaine
Barnaby Fontaine
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top