[IMPORTANT :D ] Help with the new Order changes! [OOC]
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

[IMPORTANT :D ] Help with the new Order changes! [OOC] Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

[IMPORTANT :D ] Help with the new Order changes! [OOC]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[IMPORTANT :D ] Help with the new Order changes! [OOC] Empty [IMPORTANT :D ] Help with the new Order changes! [OOC]

Post by Simon Marek Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:17 pm

Okiedoke. I'm posting this here so I won't lose it in the RP Request forum, so this thread is OOC. So, for those of you in the Figuring Out The Snow thread, you may have noticed that Aud is pretty anti-Ministry at this point. So I'd like to give a little heads up about what's coming.

In order to mix things up a bit, I want the Order to find their drive again. Their reason for being a faction and for helping those who need them. Audriana is going to be rather terrible at it, thinking that their job is to replace the leaders in the Ministry. Oliver, on the other hand, wants to go back to how the Marauders saw things. He wants them to help for the good of others, but not through creating more trouble.

What I'm looking for:

A group of people to agree with Audriana and help her down the road when she tries to make the Ministry look bad. Note that these people will not be kicked out of the Order, but Audriana will be. Or, at the least, she'll be removed from her position.

Secondly, a group to agree with Oliver. He won't be rude to anyone who agrees with her, and he won't deny any of them a spot in the new organization of the Order. So if you wanna help out with her side, you needn't worry about any major repercussions unless you offer your character up as her sort of... second in command, for lack of a better word. She'll be looking for someone to take Oliver's place in the assumption that she'll succeed and be able to make him step down.

Unfortunately for her, that cannot be the case. What I want to do is this:

I want to make the Order more like a parliament in a way. So, there would be Oliver and his co-leader, both with equal "power." That's not to say that they make the final decisions, though. I think it would be nice to give more people influence in Order plots and the decisions made. As much as voting among members works, sometimes there will be difficult decisions that people are not neutral on. Because of that, I'm looking for about four characters to fill the role of "Counselors." They will meet with the two co-leaders to discuss important decisions such as, say, whether or not to go after the Death Eaters if it's likely going to bring about death of Order members, things like that. Preferably, all of the spots would be held by a different roleplayer, so that it's fair. Again, if they side with Audriana, that doesn't mean they can't fill one of those roles. Oliver would be open to considering them for the slot.

I'll only note that, if someone is not active, they won't keep the spot. Unless, I suppose, there are not others who would want the position. It would be preferable, of course, if you had some plot ideas when taking the spot, but it isn't like you'll be refused it if you haven't any right away. I'd just like some folks to help think through things with me and keep the Order active. I think this new plan will give more plotting opportunities, and open up more roles for people to fill, which is always fun.

So, right now I'm looking for:

1. People to follow Audriana's plans when it's time to carry them out. Any number of people can be in this group!
2. Someone with a reason to dislike the Ministry, who seems willing to help Aud with her plans and play the role of Second-In-Command.

3. People to agree with Oliver and help him spoil her plans when she tries to complete them. Any number of people can be in this group!
4. One character who is very active, will side with Oliver, and do what they can to gain his trust so that he can ask them to take Audriana's spot once she steps down/leaves.
5. Four others, with different roleplayers writing them, who would be active and willing to help with plotting. This would include things like meetings or messaging me with ideas and things. I only say send them to me, mind, because plots often need Admin approval, and I can pass them on easily. If these spots aren't all filled, that's fine. We can always claim an NPC until someone fills them.

If you're interested in a certain role, let me know in this thread and then when it's time to really start going, we can work it out. If you become inactive, though, the role will definitely be offered to whomever is most active, to keep it fair.

EDIT: I realized belatedly that you'd need to make word count to reply here, so if you can't match that, just send me a PM, yeah? Sorry about that D:
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 333

Back to top Go down

[IMPORTANT :D ] Help with the new Order changes! [OOC] Empty Re: [IMPORTANT :D ] Help with the new Order changes! [OOC]

Post by Hazel Parker Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:53 pm

It's very interesting idea for sure.

Hazel probably will take Oliver's side for sure. Since she doesn't have nothing against Ministry at all, so she couldn't take Audrina side at all. So I can't see her going against Ministry at all.

She can even become one of these four "Counselors" if that's okay with you. I don't have to get that role at all.

I'm not gonna make her to be the one who will take Aud's place when she steps down or what ever happens with her at the end. I can't see her having that kind of big role in Order. She wouldn't have so much time for it next her work as nurse and rising four years old.
Hazel Parker

Number of posts : 176

Back to top Go down

[IMPORTANT :D ] Help with the new Order changes! [OOC] Empty Re: [IMPORTANT :D ] Help with the new Order changes! [OOC]

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:15 am

Well, it's definitely going to depend on how active people are, y'know? But of course there's no reason why not, when the time comes! As for now, I'm glad she'll be up for helping Oliver. He could use some new buddies XD

I mostly need folks for Audriana who would either be easily convinced that she is correct, or have some doubts about the Ministry before she even mentions it. I may hold a meeting with the pair of them in the next couple days, so people can sort of start breaking off into groups. It doesn't need to be super obvious, their divide. Not for a little while, at least. Smile And Oliver isn't going to make it obvious that he doesn't agree with her. Probably keep it among those who don't think she's quite right.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Nymeria Evanesco Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:18 pm

I believe that Nymeria would rather choose Oliver's side than Audriana's, simply because she works at the Ministry and likes her job, and since most of the laws that might cause her to start disliking the Ministry, like the marriage law, the one against the magical creatures etc., didn't affect her, she absolutely has no reason to go against the Ministry, especially if that would cause her getting fired, and thought that would be interesting that wasn't what she wants at the moment so she would probably took Oliver's side in everything just to keep the Ministry the way it is now.

The only way that would make her support Audriana is if she's somehow loyal to her, like friends or etc., so their relationship would took first place, while the ministry would fall down to second place. Yet, she never had any IC conversation with any of them, so... xd
Nymeria Evanesco

Number of posts : 202

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Mulciber Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:23 pm

Super! Like I said, Oliver could probably use some buddies outside of his poker friends XD He sees them too often, I imagine.

I have a feeling that more people are going to want to help out Oliver, so I'm going to stick Ben in with Audriana's side. He'll probably not be too invested in it, but he's pretty good at being persuasive when he needs to be. I think he's sick of them passing laws that so badly affect the people around him, as well as himself. So for him it isn't about what has been done to him so much as what may be done to people in the future. And that's how Aud is going to try and hook people in.

Plus, Ben is a double agent, technically, because he's claiming that he's helping the Death Eaters when he isn't. If people trust that he is on their side, they might choose to help him and Audriana in order to keep up with Death Eater secrets. They'd probably think they were helping more.
Naomi Mulciber
Naomi Mulciber
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian O'Sullivan Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:57 pm

I wasn't active past weeks so I have no idea what's going on with the ministry. xD

And oh, Chris will take Audriana's side.
Reason: he simply hates ministry and believes that they are incapable of keeping people safe. He disagree with almost every law they ever brought, so it won't be hard for him to choos sides.
I don't have anything against Chris being thrown out from the group, so if it comes to it, you can always use him Razz
Since Chris already knows Audriana, she can feel free to talk with him about her views and ideas. And he can finally meet Ben xD

And Christian's choice will be one more reason for conflict between Nym and him. Well Rina, I guess we will never have that happy ending XD
I'm sending you idea about their relationship on facebook right away! You're gonna love it Very Happy
Christian O'Sullivan

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:36 pm

You could totally get the Knight's Watch for one side too. I'll have to consider which they'd be more likely to support, but either Aud or Oliver could approach the Knight Watch and ask for their support, and form an alliance to work together until whoever's goal is reached. Like I said, I'll have to mull over which they'd go for as a group, but I'm sure Jack will want to be involved regardless the second she hears that the Order is having any sort of issues.

I think Teddy will be very pro-Oliver, while Gabby will be much more keen to help out
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:50 pm

Mostly, Aud doesn't approve of all of the trouble that's happened lately and thinks someone else needs to take it on. Since she already knows Chris, that would be super. And yeah! As long as he doesn't mention the father thing, Ben won't mind meeting him XD

And if you need any help creating conflict between those two, my folks can help out, or hold a meeting where Nym and Chris can find some conflict!

Jack - neither of them know about the Knight's Watch. Audriana, especially, wouldn't trust them. And Oliver wouldn't be sure what the difference is, between them and the order, and decide to handle it himself. Anyone already involved in the order is more than welcome to take sides. But neither know about them or would have reason to approach them. Besides, it seems like most of those characters aren't really active anymore. So I dunno who they would know to even find out about it /:
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnaby Fontaine Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:14 am

I'm also going to stick Tobias onto Oliver's side, because he's the head of the Law Enforcement folks thing, which I can't remember the name of while I'm typing this because I'm doing like ten things at once XD. Whoops.

But yeah, Tobias is pro-Ministry, and will probably be one of the ones that suggests they go and talk with Ministry leaders in order to prevent Audriana's success. Her goal, really, will be to piss people off until they demand a change in leadership or cause some sort of revolt. But Oliver's group intends to give some sort of advanced warning. That's the goal. So if anybody knows Tobias or works at the Ministry and wants to help him get in touch with them once the time comes, let me know Very Happy
Barnaby Fontaine
Barnaby Fontaine
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Livia McCallum Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:48 pm

I'm going to break the mould here with Chris, and without repentance, by saying that Ellie will back Aud. That was my main point and now I'll fill out this darned post by waffling about why Ellie will do that.

Mostly, I think she'll be fairly quiet about it. She'd be more likely to help to do the thing than help plan the thing. I don't think she'd be too up for that. Plus, I think she likes getting into trouble a bit more than she does planning the trouble. So, yeah, carrying the plans out is what she'll be handy at doing.

She's no doubt doing it to get back at the ex-husband, being in the Ministry as he is. Plus, I don't think she's ever been particularly pro-government in any sort of way (gosh, my baby is an anarchist) and so I'd be inclined to say that any chance to have a go at the Ministry is one she'd take.

So, yup. Very Happy
Livia McCallum
Livia McCallum
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top