We're Supposed To Grow Up Eventually
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

We're Supposed To Grow Up Eventually Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

We're Supposed To Grow Up Eventually

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We're Supposed To Grow Up Eventually Empty We're Supposed To Grow Up Eventually

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:15 am

"WHAT DID YOU DO?"

Sunny swung her head back and forth, grinning widely as she twirled in the doorway of the kitchen of Number 1324 Layabout Lane, the home her family had long outgrown but never abandoned. Her adopted-brother-friend-thing Goose was staring at her in shock, sitting at the table, his gangly legs barely folded up under the tabletop.

"I did an experiment," she said brightly, her American harshing the echoes of the British kitchen.

"Your hair is blonde," Goose snapped, blinking.

She reached up and brushed it back, beaming. "You're the observant one in the family."

"Has Mum seen it?" Goose asked, standing as he continued to take in the transformation. "Or, Merlin, Dad? Have either of them seen it? Dad nearly had a heart attack when you chopped it all off. You've been red your whole life-"

"And now I'm yellow!" she chirped, walking over to the cabinets. "Where are the pop tarts?"

"Pop tarts?" he repeated. He now took in her outfit, the bright colors and casual style juxtaposing his own business casual. "Sunny - where the hell do you think we're going? We're not going to Papa John's Pizza, or-or Lazy Lenny's Burger Joint-"

"Are those real places?" Sunny said, looking over her shoulder as she crinkled her nose.

"Probably, I don't - look! The point is, this is a career day! Dad was really excited about us going and meeting potential new bosses. We're supposed to dress well, take resumes, make good impressions-"

"I plan on doing that-" she said. She turned to look at Goose, her pleasant eyes suddenly becoming very dangerous, very challenging. "Are you saying I don't look good?"

"I'm saying..." He sputtered a moment, certain the wrong words would get him burned. He was saved as a younger black-haired boy entered the kitchen. Archer Dyllan-Morrison had been sleeping in now that he was on summer break, and neither sibling had seen much of the youngest since Hogwarts had been let out. Archer noticed the stand off and looked between Goose and Sunny for a moment, blinked, and began to back out with a bored expression on his face.

"Wait!" Sunny called, chasing after him. "Archer! Where are the pop tarts?"

- - -

The career fair was taking place in the Ministry of Magic, and was mostly made up of recent graduates, though there were quite a few Ministry interns and elder young people who had taken the years after Hogwarts to live it up or travel. They had to sign in and don nametags, and neither Sunny nor Goose had been able to resist giving fake names. Ms. Seymour Butz stood alongside Mr. Yer N. Idiot. The host of the whole career fair explained how they would be put into groups of three to five people and wander throughout the lobby to the different booths to meet employers and begin getting their names out there.

"Yep, that's Teddy over there... Fred... Claire... Mum and Dad are way back there... Robin... Sunny, I don't think there's a single person here we don't somehow know," Goose muttered to her.

"Are you planning on working here?" she asked.

He scoffed. "Please. I plan on making a difference. All government does is-"

"Then we have nothing to lose," Sunny quipped, quick to cut off the inevitable political rant. He looked at her in confusion, spotted the look of mischief on her face, and grinned.

"Bring it on," Goose whispered.
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

We're Supposed To Grow Up Eventually Empty Re: We're Supposed To Grow Up Eventually

Post by Hazel Parker Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:29 pm

Aqua was in still in Hogwarts but she still decided to go that career fair or what it was called. She just wanted to know what kind of N.E.W.T exams she should to pass. So she had long talk with her older sister at home. Aqua didn't want always go with her everywhere. At the end Hazel did let go Aqua to go alone. The 14 years old girl was really happy about it.

After the premmissiob was granted she did get dressed and thewalked to the place where it was held. She heard that they would put in groups soon. She hoped these people would be some who she knows some how already. She now looked around and wondered what she should become one day. Therw was so many options. She had so many choices, so she couldn't choose.
--------------------
At same time Sierra had came back to town. Shw had spent few years traveling and also visiting her family who she had in french actually. She haven't had yet any jobs so far, expect working as waitress in her aunts cafe for few days. So she decided to come that career fair too. She wanted to figure out what kind Job suits for her.

Sierra walked to the place where it was held and looked what they offered here. She saw so many jobs and it would be hatd to choose the prefect one. She heard someone say something about groups. She won't mind these at all but it would be nice if there is people who she knows. Not many her age isnt here. They have jobs. She was already 20 years old. Shw had graduated three years ago. Sierra looked around and sighed now there.
Hazel Parker

Number of posts : 176

Back to top Go down

We're Supposed To Grow Up Eventually Empty Re: We're Supposed To Grow Up Eventually

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:19 am

One of the job fair assistants was going through the crowd, grouping people into small groups so that they could travel in packs together. The assistant approached Goose and Sunny and tried to point them in different directions, but Goose stared at the woman hard and long. "Re-think that choice, honey," he said, his words dropping with danger. He lifted an eyebrow and lowered his chin, allowing his icy stare to pierce right into her eyes.

Sunny rolled her lips together and turned away, trying not to giggle as the woman began to shuffle through her papers. "That's fine, that's fine. We can rearrange." Sunny turned back, brushing one of her newly-paled bangs behind her ears as she tried to regain a straight expression. She straightened up as the woman pointed out the two people that were to be apart of their group. She tilted her head. "Hang on a second - I know her. She's like... a fourth year or something."

"Weird," Goose said, sounding bored as examined a hang nail.

Sunny looked for the other girl and knit her eyebrows together. "Goose - that chick's not much older than you. Do you know her?"

Goose sighed heavily and lifted his head, squinting through the crowd to see who it was that Sunny was pointing out. "Oh - right. Yeah, I know her. She's, what, two or three years ahead of me?"

Sunny grabbed Goose's forearm and tugged her to the taller girl first. "Heya - we've been grouped up. Along with that girl." She openly pointed at the girl, waving. "Helloooo! Over here."

"Christ," Goose muttered, rolling his eyes. "A scene - everywhere we go. I swear."
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Haywood Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:13 pm

Sierra was looking around and tried to find the group where she blonged there now but she wasn't sure at all with who she was grouped up. She smiled and did stand still. She looked around her now. When some girl and boy came to her, she wasn't sure whay they wanted but whe she heard girls words she smiled.

"Oh I see, that's good. Finally found the group where I should be," she said there now with a small smile. Sierra noticed yhe boy looked familiar but she wasn't sure how yet. She really didn't try to remember it too.

--------

Aqua was still wandering all alone. When some waved towardds her. Trying to get her attention there now. She was really confused why she did it or she waved at someone else but she soom walked to up to small group(okay three people). "Hey," she said there quietly.

"We all are in same group right?" She asked there to be sure about it now. She wasn't sure what they should do exactly as group there now but it sounded better than being alone. You at least have some one to talk about. She smiled and nodded her head. Aqua wasn't sure who she wanted to be in future at all.
Aria Haywood

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:29 pm

Sunny beamed around at the group that she had been assigned, finding that it would be interesting. Goose would be thinking the same thing, she knew it, even if he was going to continue scoff and roll his eyes. Goose had a habit of looking bored, but his family saw that devious glint in his eyes that revealed he was much more entertained than everyone else, though he would never admit it. He was too much above jokes and playfulness, when really he could not deny he was just as playful as any of the other Dylan-Morrisons.

Sunny clapped her hands together. "Well, introductions?" She looked to Goose, who seemed to be stuck mid-scoff now, and beamed. "I think so. Well, I'm Sunny Dyllan-Thomas, and this is my brother Augustine, but we all call him Goose. We've both graduated, and both our parents have worked in the Ministry so we're both all up to date on every job and whatnot."

"And we don't want them," Goose muttered, with a smirk. He rolled his eyes to look over at Sunny. "So we're here for..."

"Fun!" Sunny chirped, looking over at the other girls.
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Parker Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:19 pm

Aqua looked at all of them and nodded her head. "I'm Aqua, I'm still in school, it's my fourth year there," she said there now with a smile. So that meant she is the youngest one in the crowd. She didn't mind it at all actually. "Yeah for fun, okay actually I'm here to figure out what I wanna do in future," she said there with a smile now. She liked to smile a lot actually. "My sister works as Nurse in St. Mungo and she is my only relative who is alive," she added there now.

---------

Sierra did listen what they all said now. "I'm Sierra," she said there then her name too. "I did graduate few years ago but haven't still found what I wanna do," she said there now with weak a smile. She had spent few years traveling. "My parent is working in ministry, not sure about father since I have no idea who he is still. Don't have yet step-father," she said there now a sighed even. "I'm here to figure out what I wanna do with my life but making it fun sounds good," actually she said with a smile now.
Hazel Parker

Number of posts : 176

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top