How am I supposed to ask this?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

How am I supposed to ask this? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

How am I supposed to ask this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How am I supposed to ask this? Empty How am I supposed to ask this?

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:40 am

There were some things that were hard to understand. Even for an eighteen year old, especially for an eighteen year old like him. He graduated from Hogwarts not even a year ago and so many things had happened that he couldn't really wrap his head around. One of the most surprising things that happened to him, though he didn't regret any of what had happened that night, was finding out that Maura was pregnant with his child. He'd felt such a great mixture of feelings the day he found out. He'd been overjoyed but a bit guilty as well. It was never meant to happen, at least not until Maura was out of Hogwarts like he was.

But it had happened and he couldn't be anymore happy than he was. Especially since they had recently found out that Maura was expecting a girl. His first child, and she was a girl. That had made him even more happy than he already was. He never really understood it, but Ryo had always wanted a girl to be the gender of his first child. The only logical, no matter how slight it was, explanation he could ever come up with was that he had always lacked female attention when he was growing up, both from his mother and his sister, though he couldn't help the lack of motherly affection from his mother. Since she had been missing since he was around eleven year old.

But today wasn't the time to dwell on things about his past, no matter how much he wanted to find out where his mother was. There was a part of him that began to believe that she was no longer among the living though. Still, he shook his head and focused on what was really important that day. Maura. He had told her to meet him at The Library that day, and while he waited for her he kept wondering how he was supposed to ask her what he wanted to ask. There wasn't an easy way to ask it, he was so nervous he had actually thought about getting up and leaving before she arrived. But he knew that this was something really important, considering what was going on with the new marriage law.

He didn't want to to be separated from Maura. Something told him that with his luck he would have a partner that wasn't her. He was determined to not let that happen at all. She was pregnant with his child and he was not going to let his daughter grow up thinking someone else was her father while he was still around. He couldn't stand the thought of Maura having to be with anyone else either, having to have children with someone else. The thought drove him insane and he didn't want it to happen, so the only solution he saw was asking her to marry him.

The only question that still remained was; How was he supposed to ask her?
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 994
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

How am I supposed to ask this? Empty Re: How am I supposed to ask this?

Post by Maura Goldstein Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:23 am

So many things happened to Maura this year, some she couldn't explain and some of them that were downright horrifying to her to where she still had nightmares about. Although through all her experiences, there were moments that made Maura smile and happy to be alive even if she experience almost dying twice.  The seventeen year old was happy with her life now, may of not been the life she thought she'll have, but she didn't regret anything that happened this year.  Although Maura was young for her age, she doesn't regret that magical night with Ryo that lead them to have a beautiful baby girl.  Although alot of people say it was a mistake waiting to happen, but Maura didn't think it was she was honestly more happier then she been in awhile lately.

Maura was practically glowing with happiness today, nothing could bring her down today and she was determined not to make anything bring her down.  But lately Maura been a very happy mood since she found out what she was having, although she didn't know why though she guessed it was because Ryo was happy they were having a girl.  She knew he always wanted a girl, due to never having that much female attention when he was young.  Maura was glad, she was happy to give him the one thing in he wanted more in life, Maura saw the light in his eyes when Sophia told them they were having a girl.   Maura never seen Ryo as happy as the day they found out what they were having, and it made her smile to see Ryo finally happy again after all he been through.

Today she was suppose meet Ryo at The Library, a real popular place for students go to study for tests and etc.  Maura never been here before, but by the talk around Hogwarts it was very popular.  Walking down the crowded street of Hogsmeade Maura walked through the maze of Third Years heading towards the Library.  As a cool wind rustled through her hair she wrapped her she smiled to hersle and kept walking.  Maura was nervous about metting Ryo, he told her he wanted to meet her here at a precise time which only made her even more nervous.

Maura wondered what he had up his sleeves, he knew Maura didn't want to be with anyone but him and he knew that.  Even if the ministry didn't understand it due to the stupid marriage law that was going around, he knew he had all of Maura and always will no matter what happens.  Although if they tried pairing her off with anyone but Ryo Maura wouldn't allow it, she didn't want to be with anyone but him who was the father of her baby.  Besides, she didn't want anyone else to be around her baby that wasn't the father to her baby that would be to weird for her.  Who knows, Maybe they could dodge the bullet and get married before they were called to meet there so called 'matched.' Little did Maura know that it was all about to change in a matter of minutes.

Walking into the library she looked around for Ryo and seen him sitting at a table waiting for her.  "Hey love."said Maura softly as she kissed him softly on the lips before she sat down across from him.  Seeing him a bit nervous, her chocolate brown eyes looked at him.  "Ryo why are you so nervous? it's just me."said Maura softly as she placed her hand into his. Maura was wearing a black shirt with a black and pink knitted shirt in front of it with black pants with black boots and Ryo's black leather jacket over it. For some weird reason she wasn't cold at all, it felt like she was a vampire all over again.

Mars look
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:23 am

Why are you having such a hard time with this? It isn't that hard a thing to ask.

You don't understand anything, do you? Do you even know what it's like to love?

I'm a Vampire, part of the living dead. What do you think?

I'm the same as you, but I still know how to love.

You're human. Your human side is what lets you love. I'm purely Vampire, I don't know what it's like to truly love.

If I didn't know, this would be so much easier...

If you didn't know, this wouldn't be happening.

No matter how insulting it felt, his Vampire side always knew what to say. Maybe it was just the fact that he didn't like that Ryo was so nervous about everything though. He did seem to be trying to be insulting about the entire thing. But his Vampire side was right, if he was purely Vampire, he wouldn't have ever truly fallen in love and he wouldn't have gotten Maura pregnant and most of all, he would have never wanted to marry her. He couldn't imagine his life without her now though. So in a way, he was grateful that he still had some part of his human self in his body, not that he was ever grateful for being a Vampire for many reason.

But today he was grateful for his Vampire side, the one that normally annoyed him to no extent. Something about what he had just said calmed Ryo in a way. He knew that what he was saying was true though, he wouldn't be doing any of this if he was completely Vampire. He smiled slightly to himself and lifted his head when he felt Maura coming toward him. She greeted him and with a smile he said, "Hey Mars." before kissing her back on the lips. "You look beautiful today." he told her softly, noticing that her stomach was beginning to show and that only caused his smile to grow a bit. Their daughter was slowly growing in her stomach and soon she would be there with them. She asked why he looked so nervous and he shrugged to make it seem like it was nothing. "No reason, I guess I'm just a little overwhelmed with everything that I'm doing at the Ministry." he responded.

"Is she giving you any trouble?" he asked Maura, referring to the baby girl that grew inside her. He wanted to divert the conversation away from his nervousness until he would at least sort of figure out how he was going to ask her what he wanted to. But as he thought about it a new fear suddenly popped into his head. What if she didn't want to marry him? What if she only said yes once he asked for the sake of their daughter and she didn't really want to be married to him? Or what if she just said no all together? Don't be stupid. She loves you, it's easy to tell and you know that she'll be overjoyed to marry you, especially because she's so happy with the daughter she's going to give you.

And again his Vampire side stopped his stupid thoughts. Maybe the best thing to do was just give it a little time and at the end of the day he'll just ask her. Let things go however they're supposed to and if she said yes, then that settled it. If she said no, he'd just have to live with it. There really wasn't much more he could do. He just really hoped she ended up saying yes to him.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:10 am

Even though at times Maura didn't feel beautiful herself and people were teasing her at school, Ryo still managed to her make feel beautiful and wanted.  Alot of people been teasing her alot lately calling her fat and down right ugly, Maura being the emotional girl she was now cried herself to sleep alot lately due to it.  Alot of people didn't know Maura was pregnant, but the ones that did stood up for her and told them off which Maura was grateful for.  Maura looked at Ryo and smiled. "Aw... thankyou love for thinking that, although alot of people at school don't think so!"said Maura softly.  Yeah so she put on a bit of weight due to her being pregnant, but that didn't mean that she was a different person because of it! It was rather stupid in Maura's opinion, some of the people that liked her all the sudden had nothing to do with her which really upset Maura due to her being emotional lately.

At the thought of the ministry issue, it made Maura's blood boil at the thought of it, Maura didn't think there was anything that could make her even more mad.  "You and me both."said Maura darkly as her eyes turn red with anger.  "They better not pair with me but you or else I'll kill myself before I get paired with anyone else!"said Maura honestly.  "I don't want to be with anyone but you Ryo, not only are you the father of our baby your the love of my life not being with you will kill me."said Maura softly.   "Ryo what if they pair us off with someone else? I don't want to lose you!"said Maura with tears in her eyes.  "I love you and I want to marry you and only you!"said Maura softly.

Maura chuckled at his comment.  "No not really, she been kicking alot lately but nothing that bad."said Maura softly.   "Although Hallie and the others think it's funny to put there hands on my stomach just to fill her kick."said Maura shaking her head.  "I think she's like her mommy, she doesn't like to be away from her daddy, she never kicks  that much when your around."said Maura honestly before chuckling.  It was sometimes annoying to Maura, but over the time she just decided to let them do it despite that it sometimes hurt her when Ciara kicked.  "Ooh... there she goes, she must be happy your here!"said Maura giving him a soft warm smile.  "Here, place your stomach right here."said Maura softly taking his hand and placing it on her stomach as Ciara let out a small kick.

Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:12 am

Ryo felt around in his pocket for the small box that contained the engagement ring that he wanted so badly to give to Maura. He didn't think he'd be able to wait too long before he decided to give it to her, but he knew that he had too, at least for a little bit.

Why would you even want to wait? If it's so important to you, just give it to her.

Ryo knew the Vampire had a point. He didn't want to wait, but he also didn't want to rush things. Except that he didn't have that much time to wait anymore. He had to do something fast, before it turned out that Maura was going to be taken away from him. He sighed and looked at Maura who was surprisingly upset by the whole marriage law thing. He knew she would be upset but this was a lot more than he had expected. But then again she was pregnant and she was very emotional because of the baby. He didn't really know how to respond to everything she was saying so when she told him to place his hand on her stomach, and he felt Ciara kick, he was so happy.

He couldn't wait to see Ciara, to have her in his arms once she was born. He smiled at Maura and knew that he shouldn't wait to give her the ring. To ask her to marry him. His smile slowly faded and he felt into his pocket once again. This time, instead of just feeling the box, he pulled it out of his pocket making sure that Maura wouldn't see it. "Mars.." He started. "You know I love you, and that I don't want to be separated from you, so.." he paused for a second. "I have an important question to ask you." He lifted his hand with the box in it and opened it to show the ring it contained.

"Will you marry me?"
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:47 am

When he told her he had a important question to ask her, Maura literally froze right there in her spot.  What was he going to ask her, was it going to be good or was it going to be something bad?  It soon turned out to be exciting news to Maura as he opened the box and revealing a beautiful ring Maura gasped. Maura clamped her hands over her mouth like people did when they were in shocked or they were giving that 'Oh my god' expression. "Oh my god is this really happening or am I just dreaming again?"Maura asked herself. Many of times Maura had dreamed of this moment, and it was finally happening!

Removing her hands from her mouth, Maura looked at him with tears in her eyes.  "Yes I'll marry you Ryo, more then anything!"said Maura softly.  She wanted nothing more then to spend the rest of her life with Ryo,  she wanted to live happily ever after with him.  Although with this marriage law that was going around, she was scared that she wouldn't and she would be paired off with someone she didn't love.  Ryo obviously didn't want to be with no one but her as well, or else he wouldn't ask her to marry him.  "I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life with no one but you!"said Maura softly.  She meant every word she said as well,  Ryo was her soul mate and the one she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. Although she knew it sounded deep, but it was true.

This one of the happiest day in Maura's life, Maura had alot of happy memories with Ryo, and she knew there was still yet to come.  Weird how Maura didn't start living until she met Ryo that one day that changed everything, from that day she knew she wasn't the same girl she was in the music room.  It wasn't just because Ryo changed her into a vampire that, he also changed her in so many ways she didn't think was possible! Looking back, Maura was thankful those Slytherin girls were chasing her and bullying her to where she ran into the music room or she probably wouldn't had met Ryo.  Funny how things that seem so messed up at the time, seem so right when you look back at them.  Looking back Maura didn't regret anything from that day, if she did she wouldn't of ended up here where she was now with Ryo asking her to marry him.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:17 am

That wasn't so hard, now was it?

The Vampire laughed mockingly at Ryo. He'd been so nervous over something that hadn't taken him long to say. He'd wanted to wait a little longer, but he knew that at any moment Maura could receive her marriage letter, or he could receive his. He didn't want to get one, and he didn't want her to get one either. He knew that they would still get them though, especially since the Ministry wouldn't know they would be getting married until probably the day of their wedding.

Well, maybe they'd know earlier, he wasn't sure how all of that would work. Their partners would probably end up being paired with each other since they would have no partners after the two of them were married. It wasn't like the Ministry could oppose to their marriage. They were both halfbloods and that was basically what they wanted, more halfblood children.

He smiled at Maura's response and took the ring out of the box where it had been placed. "I love you Maura Hiroku." he told her with a smile to see what her reaction would be to hearing her name with his last name as he put the ring on her right ring finger. He honestly couldn't believe this was all happening. He had been hoping to wait until she was graduated to marry her, and to have a kid. But obviously none of those things could wait anymore, and they had already gotten a head start with the requirement of children for the Ministry.

Although, the more he thought about it, the more he realized he wouldn't have it any other way. Though his plans were hastened a bit, he knew that this was what he would have wanted anyways. He would have wanted to marry Maura and have children with her. Now that, dream if you want to call it, would come true before the end of this year, before she graduated. He honestly couldn't wait for their wedding now, of course he was nervous but he was anxious too. He was anxious to finally be able to call Maura his wife.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:04 am

Maura knew she been emotional due to the baby lately, but this time she wasn't crying out of baby emotions it was real emotions she felt. Happiness and excitement, the day she waited for to come since she met Ryo.  She dreamed of this day as long as she could remember, now she could finally say she was going to be a Hiroku like she wanted.  She was now bounded with Ryo, now through love and about to be marriage it was a dream come true for Maura. She wanted nothing more then to be with Ryo, to be his wife and have children together and live what people say a apple pie life.  Although it made Maura laugh at the thought of it, they never had a simple apple pie life, it was always crazy and chaotic!

That was how Maura and Ryo lived there life, through chaos and craziness, but they managed to get through it together and it only made there love stronger for each other.  Although Maura knew they would both get a letter from the ministry and have to go the stupid appointment where they have to sit in a room with there so called 'partner.'  If she gotten called before the wedding, Maura would simply tell them she's engaged to Ryo and couldn't be happier with him.  They couldn't oppose their marriage, after all it was what they Ministry wanted more halfblood children. In fact, they were giving the ministry more then they wanted in Maura's opinion, they were now engaged and were having a baby.  Crazy how thing fallen together perfectly at a time like this.

Smiled as he called her Maura Hiroku it sounded so perfect to her, like she was meant to have his last name.  "I love you to Ryo Hiroku, always and forever."said Maura kissing him softly on the lips. Maura couldn't believe this was happening,  she was engaged to Ryo and they were having a baby girl together!  Although she thought this all wouldn't happen until she was out of school, but looking back Maura realize that she wouldn't want things any other way then what they are right now.  If she had the choice to change anything, she wouldn't she was happy how things were!
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top