This supposed to be scary?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

This supposed to be scary? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

This supposed to be scary?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This supposed to be scary? Empty This supposed to be scary?

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:13 am

Andrew stood near a bench that was part of a busy walkway, filled with the bust traffic of others trying to get free candy from shops and other couples making out in the alleyways somewhere. He hadn't seen it, but he noticed a couple of people who had gone quickly down the street and had disappeared. If they weren't snogging, they were probably going to find a restroom really quick. It all depended, yet Andrew hadn't really cared.

In fact, tonight he was just going to people watch. Or at least that's what he planned on doing. He loved watching how awkward people had been with each other, he even saw a small fight break out right in front of him and nearly got involved. But a teacher happened to show up and diffused the sitatuion, before any magic got involved. He felt bad for them if they were sent to Barker, seeing as how that guy was a sick and twisted bastard. He would feel no remorse if Barker were to die suddenly.

Andrew sat calmly on a old and cold bench, one that had been there since he first arrived and maybe even before. He sat wearing some muggle clothes, like almost everyone else here. It was vacation so none of the teachers cared. His attire consisted of some blue jeans, one that he was commonly seen wearing, white undershirt, some soft mittens to help his hands fight the cold, and his sweatshirt, pure white and the hood put over his head to keep his ears warm. He'd get some ear mufflers, but those would look real stupid.

He sat calmly, his head slightly down and his body slouched over, using his arms as a support and keeping his hands cupped together. He listened calmly to some of the mindless chatter already assuming that half of the people who showed up had the intelligence of a squirell. Mainly about how there was some bands playing and how they sounded 'totally legit!'. Where the hell did this vocabulary come from anyway? It was obscene.

He heard of something on his right, a couple apparently arguing. Andrew turned his head slightly, barely turning his head. It was a man and a woman, the woman seeming pretty cute and the guy was angry as hell. Apparently the girl did something wrong, Andrew figured she may have dropped an object or something. There was too much chatter to tell. The guy yelled at her one more time and began to walk away, obviously looking distressed, the girl seeming really sad. Not on the verge of tears, but still rather down. Andrew didn't want to see that. And fortunately the guy happened to be walking down near Andrew.

Andrew grinned evilly and then listened to the guy's steps. Come on, you bastard. he thought to himself. The guy approached quickly...10 feet....5 feet. Then he stepped directly in front of Andrew. Quickly, Andrew stuck his foot out and the guys feet ended up hitting his, not caring about his balance due to his anger. The man flew forward and used his hands to stop his fall, but unfortunately for him, the guy landed in rocks. Andrew heard the guy swear loudly and looked over to Andrew, to which Andrew looked innocent. With a hated in his eyes, he walked away quickly, covering his bloody hands.

Andrew laughed, feeling successful.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

This supposed to be scary? Empty Re: This supposed to be scary?

Post by Selene Brun Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:26 am

Well.. at least the band isn't half bad. Selene stood staring at the DJ, who looked as though he'd rather be anywhere else, before she got tired of it. Taking her bottle of firewhiskey with her, she left the shop and sighed, pushing the cork back into the neck of the bottle, she looked around. People seemed to be having a wonderful time. They had been in Diagon Alley, why could she assume they wouldn't be here? It hadn't taken long for Selene to realize something was up. When stalls started to get set up, and people started arriving, banners went up, and the noise level got higher, Selene found herself in her room, staring at her refection, total panic on her face.

People.. she dealt with them everyday... so why did she suddenly feel the need to run away? It was her weekend sure.. it was EVERYONE'S weekend... the entire Ministry of Magic was told to take the day off. Sure a few people went in to do little things, but besides that.. the entire Ministry of Magic was empty... almost scary... Selene had gone in earlier that morning, and gone back to the pub by noon. And then the people had started to show up.

So Selene had disapparated, appeared in Hogsmeade, and realized it was actually quieter here, until it got later in the day, and people started to show up again. More then Diagon Alley, and faster too. Children... teens, all yelling at each other, shouting things about the Haunted House on the grounds, using language Selene didn't even understand. Selene sighed and pushed through the crowd, suddenly someone ran straight into her, and she yelled out, falling backwards and her bottle broke, splashing a man with her fire whiskey. "I am so sorry." She gasped, immediately taking out a tissue and trying to wipe him off. He looked seriously pissed though, SERIOUSLY.

He started to yell at her, and Selene seriously wasn't in the mood to yell back, she just.. let him, and she felt like a total wuss for not standing up for herself, but suddenly he was gone, and she was left with a broken bottle, and a stone face. Suddenly laughter bubbled up from near her, and she turned and looked. The man she had run into, seemed to have tripped and fallen, right in front of another guy who was trying to look innocent. Selene smirked, and then decided on how she would get back at the guy. The guy was just leaving, when Selene came up and looked at him. "Oh hello again.." She said, brightly before she sat down right next to the boy on the bench, he couldn't be a year younger then her anyway, and she set her hand on his leg. "I see you met my boyfriend." She said with a triumphant grin, as he glared in hatred and walked away, muttering curse words under his breath.

Selene smirked, and turned to the boy. "Sorry... I erm.. used ya there... I just felt like I should get back at him for... yelling at me.. I didn't exactly stand up for myself back there.." she said jerking her thumb over her shoulder in the direction they had been when he had yelled at her. "I'm Selene..." She said smiling at him, and then leaning back on the bench, staring up at the sky. "I know that I told him we're dating but... hah... what's your name?"
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Number of posts : 157
Occupation : Secretary/Personal Assistant at the Ministry of Magic

Back to top Go down

This supposed to be scary? Empty Re: This supposed to be scary?

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:46 am

Andrew had felt proud of his accomplishment really. It was a first that he was able to hurt someone in a way and NOT have them down his throat. Well, it was indirectly hurting he suppose as he didn't think he'd land into rocks, but still hilarious nonetheless. It wasn't everyday that he would make an adult look like an idiot in a large crowd. He'd do it more often, but he didn't feel like dealing with consequences. Oh well. Andrew felt like getting up and leaving to another position, to perhaps do that again. Become a vigilante once more.

But someone had approached him. He turned his head slightly, only getting a glimpse of the lower body of the woman. Nice view. He turned his head slightly more up and got a higher view. Nice view again. Then he moved his head up to her eyes. Nice still. Then she did something odd, she sat next to him and placed her hand on his lap...odd. He looked over again and grinned at the angry man. Douche. He sat up straight and watched as the man disappeared into a store, looking pissed still. Andrew could laugh.

He pulled down his cowl, revealing his head and turned his head towards the mysterious woman. "It was my pleasure," he smiled, showing signs that he was still laughing about that guy inside. "Name's Andrew. Andrew Thompson." He wasn't sure as to what her age was, but he assumed that she was a little bit older. He saw everyone at Hogwarts and she definitely didn't fit the image of anyone he had seen. Perhaps he had seen her somewhere else, but that was maybe a year ago.

"So what was that guy about anyway?" Andrew asked, feeling like he should at least know "It's not very gentleman like to be screaming at a such a stunning woman. You must get that a lot." Perhaps this would work, and if not, he would resort to humor. And that worked well with him.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top